Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How much £ from the cup run do we recon? 10:21 - Jan 27 with 2311 viewsaleanddale

Apologies if posted elsewhere.

Its been really great seeing Spotland bouncing in round 3 and 4.

It will be interesting to see the take up on Saturday v Dagenham who will bring less than 100 away fans. I really hope we retain a fair few of the cup Daleys who must have enjoyed it.

So - 4 x games - 2 x almost sell out v Leeds and Wendies.

I know all profit is shared but anybody care to put a figure on how much the club has made from the heroics on the pitch?.

Must be close to £250 000?
How much £ from the cup run do we recon? on 10:46 - Jan 27 with 2205 viewsSandyman

First Round Proper winners got £18,000
Second Round Proper winners got £27,000
Third Round Proper winners got £67,500

Dale will also get 45% of gate money from the four ties, but remember 20% V.A.T. comes off that first.
How much £ from the cup run do we recon? on 10:48 - Jan 27 with 2192 viewspl56

Really not sure , but my spin would be approximate attendances 26/27,000 paying roughly 15quid a head aggregates to 400K . Take out 10% FA cut leaves 360,000 divide by the 2 teams giving us gate receipts of c180K ? Then there's the prize money (110K) , plus other revenue streams from home games . I also think I read somewhere (re Kiddie I think ) that there was a bonus of 90K for just appearing in Round 4 , but not sure on that point .

All that's gross of course , and as has been pointed out before , all subject to VAT .
How much £ from the cup run do we recon? on 11:06 - Jan 27 with 2127 viewsBigKindo

According to The Times today the police bill for Saturday was £ 30K. It must have been similar for the Leeds match. That adds up to £ 60k from the gate money.
How much £ from the cup run do we recon? on 11:27 - Jan 27 with 2044 viewsoff2div1

How much £ from the cup run do we recon? on 11:06 - Jan 27 by BigKindo

According to The Times today the police bill for Saturday was £ 30K. It must have been similar for the Leeds match. That adds up to £ 60k from the gate money.

Probably more than they pay at Old Trafford or Etihad talk about over kill loads of coppers stood around on Saturday.
How much £ from the cup run do we recon? on 11:44 - Jan 27 with 1971 viewsD_Alien

How much £ from the cup run do we recon? on 11:27 - Jan 27 by off2div1

Probably more than they pay at Old Trafford or Etihad talk about over kill loads of coppers stood around on Saturday.

And more sat on their high horses

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

How much £ from the cup run do we recon? on 11:53 - Jan 27 with 1941 viewsSuddenLad

Taking into account the serious stabbing/wounding incidents that took place a week before at Burnley, the match would have been potentially a 'higher risk' than previously.

Apart from an incident with a smoke flare after their first goal, I'm not aware of any incidents which required any Police involvement but then again there were sufficient numbers on hand to deal with the away following.

Some years ago, Dave Whelan challenged the Police costs at football matches by taking GMP to court (in relation to Wigan's bills).

Is it not the case that the club only pays for those INSIDE the ground and the officers deployed outside the ground are at 'public expense' ?

Either way, the Police bill will be taken from the gross income and in that respect Wendies will be paying a proportionate amount for their costs. As we had more supporters at the game than the opposition, I don't mind them picking up 50% of the costs.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

How much £ from the cup run do we recon? on 12:54 - Jan 27 with 1751 viewsMass_Debater

What would you like them to do?
How much £ from the cup run do we recon? on 15:08 - Jan 27 with 1505 viewsMoonyDale

How much £ from the cup run do we recon? on 12:54 - Jan 27 by Mass_Debater

What would you like them to do?

The Conga would be good....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024