Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Radio wales 01:01 - Feb 2 with 6138 viewsGeoffThom

Did anyone hear this alleged statement by laudrup that he didn't know anything about emnes and that he was told he was a good player when here before??
Radio wales on 09:26 - Feb 2 with 1175 viewsWarwickHunt

Radio wales on 08:33 - Feb 2 by blaine_scfc

If that is true, which I believe it is and there are probably a few other players in the same bracket. I have no confidence in Huw Jenkins remaining as chairman, I fully expect to be slated for that, but chairman with no footballing experience apart from the business end of things signing players is a massive no go in my opinion, and can't carry on.

Appoint a manager, back him with funds that we can afford and let him select his players.

Spot on.
Radio wales on 09:32 - Feb 2 with 1151 viewsTheArtChappy

I'm Surry harry redknapp said on Friday about one of his signings that he hadn't seen one of his signings play before maybe they trust their scout?

The Art Chappy A.K.A Chris Chapman
Poll: should 3pm kick offs be allowed to be brocasted live

Radio wales on 09:34 - Feb 2 with 1131 viewsShaky

Radio wales on 09:32 - Feb 2 by TheArtChappy

I'm Surry harry redknapp said on Friday about one of his signings that he hadn't seen one of his signings play before maybe they trust their scout?

Harry Rednapp -- the perfect role model.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Radio wales on 09:35 - Feb 2 with 1126 viewsJackbustard

Radio wales on 08:46 - Feb 2 by crackerjack

Wasn't this one of the main reasons ML fell out with his previous Chairmen in La Liga & Russia? And wasn't he given assurances that would not happen here?

If Jenkins & Co. have indeed been making decisions around players without ML's input then surely there's no doubt we will be looking for a new manager over the summer.

Pretty much my thoughts as soon as I saw he had signed, pretty much confirmed for me the the rumours of unrest and him leaving in the summer were true.
Radio wales on 09:36 - Feb 2 with 1119 viewsRancid

Laudrup is a coach who brought along Tutumulu and became a manager.We took his contact book away so Huw is now in charge of that side of things.

Are Laudrup's shortcomings at previous clubs now repeating themselves here?
Radio wales on 09:36 - Feb 2 with 1119 viewssomersetsimon

Radio wales on 06:32 - Feb 2 by Dr_Winston

So someone in a position of power at the club thinks Emnes is a Premier League player and can get us to sign him.

That is all kinds of scary.

Even if Jenkins made the signing, he doesn't pick the team. If Laudrup doesn't want Emnes to play, then he doesn't play. It doesn't make any sense for the chairman to buy a player that the manager doesn't want.
Radio wales on 09:37 - Feb 2 with 1107 viewslatchford

Radio wales on 08:42 - Feb 2 by tomdickharry

Doesn't say much for Laudrup as a Manager,but he's honest enough to admit it publicly and for that you must give him some credence.Jenkins should have been wrapped over the knuckles if not more for messing up the Ki loan,how much is he on £200K+,matter swept under the table.

My understanding is that Jenkins asked Laudrup if he wanted Ki back whilst we could recall him and received no answer. The two communicate by email which is worrying. He will be gone before the Cardiff game in my opinion
Radio wales on 09:39 - Feb 2 with 1095 viewsShaky

Radio wales on 09:36 - Feb 2 by somersetsimon

Even if Jenkins made the signing, he doesn't pick the team. If Laudrup doesn't want Emnes to play, then he doesn't play. It doesn't make any sense for the chairman to buy a player that the manager doesn't want.

We have been lectured by Phil on numerous occasions about the critical importance of unity.

Time to rewind the tape, Phil.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Login to get fewer ads

Radio wales on 09:39 - Feb 2 with 1093 viewsshandyjack

Radio wales on 09:37 - Feb 2 by latchford

My understanding is that Jenkins asked Laudrup if he wanted Ki back whilst we could recall him and received no answer. The two communicate by email which is worrying. He will be gone before the Cardiff game in my opinion

no way will he go before the cardiff game, the board would never unsettle the team more than they are already

Poll: Expectation for the season

Radio wales on 09:47 - Feb 2 with 1050 viewsPhil_S

Radio wales on 09:39 - Feb 2 by Shaky

We have been lectured by Phil on numerous occasions about the critical importance of unity.

Time to rewind the tape, Phil.

What am I rewinding Shaky unity is vitally important in any football club and always will be

although I have to say that your version of being lectured will not see you in good stead through your life

This post has been edited by an administrator
Radio wales on 09:53 - Feb 2 with 1000 viewsShaky

Radio wales on 09:47 - Feb 2 by Phil_S

What am I rewinding Shaky unity is vitally important in any football club and always will be

although I have to say that your version of being lectured will not see you in good stead through your life

Don't tell it to me, Phil.

"Back him or sack him" is another oldie but goodie perhaps worth pulling out of the hat.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Radio wales on 09:56 - Feb 2 with 981 viewsPhil_S

Radio wales on 09:53 - Feb 2 by Shaky

Don't tell it to me, Phil.

"Back him or sack him" is another oldie but goodie perhaps worth pulling out of the hat.

Who would you like me to tell it to Shaky? After all it was you who raised the point so I responded to it.
Radio wales on 09:57 - Feb 2 with 977 viewsblaine_scfc

Radio wales on 09:47 - Feb 2 by Phil_S

Well that unity doesn't seem to there at our club at the moment Phil. The board need to take their share of responsibility on what is going on at the moment.
Radio wales on 10:05 - Feb 2 with 939 viewsShaky

Radio wales on 09:57 - Feb 2 by blaine_scfc

Well that unity doesn't seem to there at our club at the moment Phil. The board need to take their share of responsibility on what is going on at the moment.

I'm pretty sure Phil understands that, but he appears to have settled into a style of posting where he only asks questions; the cynics amongst us might suspect he has one eye on page views.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Radio wales on 10:06 - Feb 2 with 932 viewsmarchamjack

I think it was pretty obvious from Leigh Dineen's comments on twitter Friday who was behind Emnes coming back to us

'Im chuffed if marvin comes back to us. It is who and what you know. Dont ever underestimate that'

Not ML fair to say

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Radio wales on 10:08 - Feb 2 with 880 viewsPhil_S

Radio wales on 10:05 - Feb 2 by Shaky

I'm pretty sure Phil understands that, but he appears to have settled into a style of posting where he only asks questions; the cynics amongst us might suspect he has one eye on page views.

I only ask questions because you seem unable to actually articulate what you would like done
Radio wales on 10:09 - Feb 2 with 869 viewsPhil_S

Radio wales on 09:57 - Feb 2 by blaine_scfc

Absolutely, if you take the praise and the good times together then you can't deflect the times when it's not going as well
Radio wales on 10:11 - Feb 2 with 859 viewsAngelRangelQS

Emnes was signed late on transfer deadline day. It hardly suggests that anyone insisted on him being a number one target otherwise he'd have been here weeks ago.

If our attempts at getting a better winger failed and we wanted to add another one quickly then I don't see a problem with Jenkins getting Emnes in. Quite franky he can't be a worse judge of a loan striker/winger than Laudrup
Radio wales on 10:12 - Feb 2 with 854 viewsjacksinceever

Radio wales on 06:48 - Feb 2 by Jackbustard

I'd say so yes, we've been laughing at Cardiff for similar on goings. Surely the chairman signing players the manager has no knowledge of is worrying.

We were speaking to a well know board member over in Valencia and one of the things he told us was about Emnes and what he called Jenkins obsession with him and getting him back down here.
He and others just couldn't understand it.

For me this is confirmation that all is not well down there as this is quite clearly a Jenkins decision with the manager having no input what so ever.

Cardiff showed yesterday that signing two proven players Jones (who many derided on here) and Zaha can make to the team. Likewise with Hull signing Long.
After yesterday I must admit I am beginning to fear for our PL survival
Radio wales on 10:21 - Feb 2 with 815 viewsJackbustard

Radio wales on 10:11 - Feb 2 by AngelRangelQS

Emnes was signed late on transfer deadline day. It hardly suggests that anyone insisted on him being a number one target otherwise he'd have been here weeks ago.

If our attempts at getting a better winger failed and we wanted to add another one quickly then I don't see a problem with Jenkins getting Emnes in. Quite franky he can't be a worse judge of a loan striker/winger than Laudrup

You see no problem that the chairman pretty much takes it upon himself to go after a target with the knowledge of the manager.

Maybe he should start picking the team as well then.
Radio wales on 10:24 - Feb 2 with 806 viewsIAN05

I heard it, but he didn't say he knew nothing of his signing. He said he knew little of him as a player but people at the club did and felt he could help us based on his previous time here.

There is a world of difference between that and signing a player behind a managers back.
Radio wales on 10:30 - Feb 2 with 789 viewsDarran

Radio wales on 10:24 - Feb 2 by IAN05

I heard it, but he didn't say he knew nothing of his signing. He said he knew little of him as a player but people at the club did and felt he could help us based on his previous time here.

There is a world of difference between that and signing a player behind a managers back.

End of thread.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Radio wales on 10:33 - Feb 2 with 777 viewstherealme

a) ML didn't know we were signing him?
b) or didn't know much about him as a player?

a) is worrying, I would be shocked if it was done behind ML back
b) as a last resort after chasing ML targets (if he had any) and to add an extra body with ML consent, i'm not too bothered to be honest

just seen ian05 post
[Post edited 2 Feb 2014 10:36]

Francesco's black and white army ⚪️⚫️

Radio wales on 10:38 - Feb 2 with 759 viewsjacksinceever

Radio wales on 10:33 - Feb 2 by therealme

a) ML didn't know we were signing him?
b) or didn't know much about him as a player?

a) is worrying, I would be shocked if it was done behind ML back
b) as a last resort after chasing ML targets (if he had any) and to add an extra body with ML consent, i'm not too bothered to be honest

just seen ian05 post
[Post edited 2 Feb 2014 10:36]

As Darran said then - end of thread
Radio wales on 10:47 - Feb 2 with 724 viewsShaky

Radio wales on 10:24 - Feb 2 by IAN05

If Jenkins says to Laudrup, "we're signing a player called Emnes who me and Leigh think is really good", Laudrup strictly speaking knew about it.

But what is the practical difference between that and signing him without Laudrup knowing anything at all?

Absolutely nothing.

Misology -- It's a bitch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024