Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Radio wales 01:01 - Feb 2 with 6137 viewsGeoffThom

Did anyone hear this alleged statement by laudrup that he didn't know anything about emnes and that he was told he was a good player when here before??
Radio wales on 10:48 - Feb 2 with 1026 viewsDr_Winston

I'd like to see who was on Laudrups list if he had one.

If he didn't have one then that raises all sorts of other questions.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Radio wales on 10:50 - Feb 2 with 1012 viewsDarran

Radio wales on 10:47 - Feb 2 by Shaky

If Jenkins says to Laudrup, "we're signing a player called Emnes who me and Leigh think is really good", Laudrup strictly speaking knew about it.

But what is the practical difference between that and signing him without Laudrup knowing anything at all?

Absolutely nothing.

Why are you selecting names to suit your point of view?
Perhaps he sat down and had a conversation with Alan Curtis about it.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Radio wales on 10:55 - Feb 2 with 987 viewsDewi1jack

Radio wales on 10:09 - Feb 2 by Phil_S

Absolutely, if you take the praise and the good times together then you can't deflect the times when it's not going as well

This.

very worrying if our board is starting to interfere with bringing players, that any manager hasn't asked for, to the club.
Either that, or our scouting section is so absolutely abysmal or so unable to communicate with their manager, that they need sacking and a new team being put in place, if a board member has to do their job.
Plenty of managers don't see all the players play who "they" sign, but at least they're told about them.
Someone mentioned megalomania earlier. I thought there were other directors including a Fans Trust director, to ensure this doesn't happen.
Or is everyone just too comfy/cosy with the Status Quo (I know I'm going to get abuse for that/ told to have a go myself, it's just a question to which we may not get an answer, no matter what)?
Are the rest of the board scared/ in awe of one member, to allow him to go and get players? Or allowed it just to keep him/ them quiet?

ML doesn't seem to lie, certainly not when he's asked a direct question. Although, he will have a plan (manage Barca/ Real?) and therefore trying to keep his ass covered, but I would expect his answers to be evasive (he was all we could get, as the other attempts failed) then, not "never heard of such a player."

If the board are being paid (even dividends) then like any company employee, can expect to be asked questions about their behavior/ decisions.
Not for every decision. But certainly those that can possibly bring disharmony to the workplace or cost shareholders money.
Or as Phil states, take the plaudits/ take the criticism. 2 sides of the same coin.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Radio wales on 10:58 - Feb 2 with 974 viewsRancid

If he's off at the end of the season then I don't think he gives a shit who's been brought in by Huw or the board.I get the feeling he's already back in Majorca counting his monies and we are just a job he can't wait to get away from.
Radio wales on 11:01 - Feb 2 with 957 viewsShaky

Radio wales on 10:50 - Feb 2 by Darran

Why are you selecting names to suit your point of view?
Perhaps he sat down and had a conversation with Alan Curtis about it.

Go back a page and look at marchamjack's post referencing Leigh Dineen's tweet from Friday.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Radio wales on 11:03 - Feb 2 with 945 viewsDarran

Radio wales on 11:01 - Feb 2 by Shaky

Go back a page and look at marchamjack's post referencing Leigh Dineen's tweet from Friday.

Did Dineen mention who Laudrup spoke to at the club about him then?

Radio wales on 11:12 - Feb 2 with 916 viewsShaky

Radio wales on 11:03 - Feb 2 by Darran

Did Dineen mention who Laudrup spoke to at the club about him then?

Not as far as I am aware, but if it is unclear for you I was only showing a hypothetical example of where Laudrup semantically knew about the signing but where it was in reality still a fait accompli.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Radio wales on 11:15 - Feb 2 with 906 viewsDarran

Radio wales on 11:12 - Feb 2 by Shaky

Not as far as I am aware, but if it is unclear for you I was only showing a hypothetical example of where Laudrup semantically knew about the signing but where it was in reality still a fait accompli.

Yeah that'll be it.

Login to get fewer ads

Radio wales on 11:18 - Feb 2 with 888 viewsShaky

Radio wales on 11:15 - Feb 2 by Darran

Yeah that'll be it.

It is at least as likely as the notion that Laudup is deeply enthused by the countless new on field possibilities opened up by the signing of Emnes.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Radio wales on 11:20 - Feb 2 with 877 viewsDr_Winston

Think Rancid might be closer to the mark.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Radio wales on 11:28 - Feb 2 with 843 viewsShaky

Radio wales on 11:20 - Feb 2 by Dr_Winston

That Laudrup is a money grabbing mercenary?

That's not the way I see it.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Radio wales on 11:40 - Feb 2 with 817 viewsexiledclaseboy

Radio wales on 11:28 - Feb 2 by Shaky

That Laudrup is a money grabbing mercenary?

That's not the way I see it.

If that was the case he'd have taken any manager's job offered to him and not been as selective as he seems to have been throughout his managerial career. There may be some truth in the statement that he can't wait to leave here though, especially if (and I emphasise the if) the board are signing players regardless of whether he wants them or not.

Poll: Tory leader

Radio wales on 12:02 - Feb 2 with 766 viewsjack_lord

I think there is very little in any of this. Laudrup knows what type of squad he wants and to add the quality he would desire in the January transfer window would could too much. He made enquiries about quality loans and they didn't come off. Laudrup has contacts but they are not at teams like Man United (like Ollu gooner sloshy) and it may take more to get them out here from the warmth of Madrid.
We have signed two less than inspiring names but Laudrup played one of them yesterday and I didn't see a gun in sight. Basically we have added to the depth of the squad using club contacts and are back up for Bony as Vasquez hasn't made the grade. Emnes may get his chance too.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Radio wales on 12:12 - Feb 2 with 754 viewswaynekerr55

Radio wales on 11:20 - Feb 2 by Dr_Winston

Well there is a pattern emerging:

Walking/deflection onto the board - "they didn't back me guvnor"
Players unhappy with training - Us and Spartak Moscow
Convenience of being up for the cup whilst treating the league with contempt

The best we can hope for is us staying up by proxy and a Sousa esque scenario arises come June

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Radio wales on 16:19 - Feb 2 with 673 viewsC_jack

I think the truth (as in most cases) lies somewhere in between.

Jenkins is seeing deals he sees as being positive in terms of money and playing return value, Laudrup either can't be arsed or hasn't got the fortitude to say 'no thanks' when the deal is proposed to him.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Radio wales on 17:38 - Feb 2 with 620 viewsSwanfan1

Radio wales on 08:43 - Feb 2 by MattG

I think depends whether Laudrup had any targets of his own.

If he didn't but Huw or whoever suggested Emnes as another body just in case, that's one thing and I wouldn't expect to see Emnes anywhere near the teamsheet for the rest of the season.

If he did but they were rejected and he was told that he was getting Emnes instead, that's another, much more worrying thing altogether and I wouldn't be surprised to see Laudrup walk.

However, if it was the latter, I think he'd have gone already. Also surprised (pleasantly) that we haven't heard from Tutumlu in all of this.....yet.

Any manager wants extra cover, and I am 110% sure that whenever a manager struggles, and gets the injuries we gotten that he wants extra players, I just dont think we could afford them, and maybe the board have taken over from here.

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024