Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My problem with Michael 07:59 - Feb 4 with 5885 viewsstircrazyjack

And I have felt this way since the start of the season is that I feel he is always planning on the following fixture not the current game. This not concentrating fully on the present fixture is mind boggling and must be difficult on the players who no doubt would have been used to a "go out and give your all but enjoy yourselves " attitude under Brendan.

Examples of this are shown throughout the season in over rotating the squad and appearing to pick a weaker starting 11 for a lot of games and picking a stronger team for the following game which has backfired massively .

He attitude to the Big 8 as he put it hasn't helped either. We can't afford to throw away 16 "un winnable games" per season and expect to survive.

The away win at Valencia glossed over a very below par early part of the season in which we only really performed against a at the time very very poor crystal palace.

It's plan to see our tactics have changed since Brendan's press the oppo when we don't have the ball which suited us and also got the crowd going too.

Performance have been flat in general Newcastle apart and I have not enjoyed watching us this season.Our inability to counter attack at pace is a massive worry and it seems the players are more comfortable in waiting for the opposition to reform before we try and get in on goal.

Things need to change pronto, no doubt we have the quality but do we have the heart.

Only time will tell

SCFC. More than a club

My problem with Michael on 08:13 - Feb 4 with 4620 views1983

Dont worry some one will be along shortly saying something like we should be happy being in the Premiership,you're a plastic...etc

My problem with Michael on 08:22 - Feb 4 with 4567 viewsswancity

My problem with Michael on 08:13 - Feb 4 by 1983

Dont worry some one will be along shortly saying something like we should be happy being in the Premiership,you're a plastic...etc

He is no different this season to last. We have had terrible injury problems this season which have ripped the heart out of our squad. That, coupled with a daunting fixture list, has been at the root of our problems although with a full squad available soon we will be fine.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

My problem with Michael on 08:28 - Feb 4 with 4542 viewsstircrazyjack

My problem with Michael on 08:22 - Feb 4 by swancity

He is no different this season to last. We have had terrible injury problems this season which have ripped the heart out of our squad. That, coupled with a daunting fixture list, has been at the root of our problems although with a full squad available soon we will be fine.

I agree we have been very unfortunate with injuries but it was Michael who insisted on having a smaller squad this season which is IMO very strange considering we had Europe to contend with too.

I am sure the board would have offered funds to carry extra quality in the squad so this decision baffles me.

If we continue in the same vane will will no doubt get relegated.
My problem with Michael on 08:32 - Feb 4 with 4516 viewsDr_Winston

Our biggest problem in general has been in being far more concerned about containing opposing teams instead of letting them worry about containing us.

It's certainly taken an edge off our game and cost us points over the course of the season, and it stems right back to the hiding we took at Anfield.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

My problem with Michael on 08:37 - Feb 4 with 4479 viewsstircrazyjack

My problem with Michael on 08:32 - Feb 4 by Dr_Winston

Our biggest problem in general has been in being far more concerned about containing opposing teams instead of letting them worry about containing us.

It's certainly taken an edge off our game and cost us points over the course of the season, and it stems right back to the hiding we took at Anfield.

Not sure I agree that the Liverpool game had anything to do with our current form as it was a week before our cup final and the players took their eyes off the ball. Laudrup has made us more negative no doubt though.

Worryingly I'm still expecting amat to be playing in midfield on Saturday.

I still think we need to go 3-5-2 as we can't defend so might as well have another body up top to help Bony out.
My problem with Michael on 08:42 - Feb 4 with 4447 viewsjojaca

What was so impressive from Chelsea last night was their pressing without the ball and their energy levels. When was last time you seen us press teams around the park. We have two luxury players in Shelvey and De Guzman, who without the ball don't offer much to the team. Brendan knew what he was doing offloading Shelvey. I think we have to start Canas and Britton together because of their work rate with Michu ahead of them. I would also try Amat for Chico and Taylor for young Ben. I don't like both fullbacks so far up the pitch and when we get counter attacked it is only two central defenders at home. One last moaning wish, Mr Laudrup stand up on the touchline, make yourself look interested. Huw Jenkins won't sack him because he is too tight to pay compensation.

Even when you know, you never know?

My problem with Michael on 08:54 - Feb 4 with 4384 viewstomdickharry

My problem with Michael on 08:42 - Feb 4 by jojaca

What was so impressive from Chelsea last night was their pressing without the ball and their energy levels. When was last time you seen us press teams around the park. We have two luxury players in Shelvey and De Guzman, who without the ball don't offer much to the team. Brendan knew what he was doing offloading Shelvey. I think we have to start Canas and Britton together because of their work rate with Michu ahead of them. I would also try Amat for Chico and Taylor for young Ben. I don't like both fullbacks so far up the pitch and when we get counter attacked it is only two central defenders at home. One last moaning wish, Mr Laudrup stand up on the touchline, make yourself look interested. Huw Jenkins won't sack him because he is too tight to pay compensation.

The last line says it all,Laudrup will be off on the 12 May.
My problem with Michael on 08:58 - Feb 4 with 4354 viewsDarran

People can argue all day long about what's wrong but the only difference to last season is injuries,we wouldn't be in this position this season if it weren't for the likes of Michu,Williams and Vorm all being out for long spells.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

My problem with Michael on 09:26 - Feb 4 with 4255 viewsperchrockjack

My problem with Michael on 08:32 - Feb 4 by Dr_Winston

I was there

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

My problem with Michael on 09:30 - Feb 4 with 4224 viewsDull1Thomas

My problem with Michael on 08:54 - Feb 4 by tomdickharry

The last line says it all,Laudrup will be off on the 12 May.

Fulham

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

My problem with Michael on 09:33 - Feb 4 with 4212 viewsperchrockjack

My problem with Michael on 08:42 - Feb 4 by jojaca

Amen. It doesn't get you 10 points as has been suggested ;possibly more as the manager able and willing to inspire normally assists in getting results.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

My problem with Michael on 10:24 - Feb 4 with 4103 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

I remember a number of years ago when Martinez was in charge in the Championship trying to explain to an old Uni friend of mine how the Swans were playing.

I laughed as I said it but made the point that the only team I could compare us to at the time was Barcelona due to the quick short passing and the pressing game played at the tempo it was. I was fully aware that we were about 500 levels below them but the formation, tempo and structure of the game you could see what Martinez was basing us on.

Sousa did what he did - improved our positioning defensively but slowed the pace down, was all about conserving energy when we were defending and not chasing things down (apart from Savage if your name's Gorka Pintado)

Brendan came here and we were back to pressing the game at an increased tempo definsively but slower offensively. I remember him saying that we conserved our energy when we had the ball which was something completely new to me but with our midfield of JA and LB it never seemed slow and dithery

Brings me onto my main point is that as well as we have done I just dont see any energy or urgency in the team defensively - and only offensively when we have gone 1-0 up and the other teams are opening up to have a go at us

We are slow, predictable and don't seem to be playing with any real tempo.
Our players are good enough to create half chances by doing this but it makes us do it the hard way every time which eventually was going to catch up with us.

Laudrup has proved himself to be a good manager in the past however no denying we are stuck in a rut and show no sign of it reversing - I was quite positive up until last weekend but am now not looking forward to Saturday at all

Something needs to change (not saying it has to be the manager but something!!)

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

My problem with Michael on 11:13 - Feb 4 with 3968 viewsjackforever

My problem with Michael on 08:58 - Feb 4 by Darran

People can argue all day long about what's wrong but the only difference to last season is injuries,we wouldn't be in this position this season if it weren't for the likes of Michu,Williams and Vorm all being out for long spells.

Whilst injuries have been a major problem, this form comes from this time last season. We looked a shambles then and look a shambles now. It was 12mths ago that we were saying exactly the same about a SHITTT performance at WH. Difference is we were all blinded by a Trophy.
My problem with Michael on 11:15 - Feb 4 with 3953 viewsDarran

My problem with Michael on 11:13 - Feb 4 by jackforever

Whilst injuries have been a major problem, this form comes from this time last season. We looked a shambles then and look a shambles now. It was 12mths ago that we were saying exactly the same about a SHITTT performance at WH. Difference is we were all blinded by a Trophy.

I'm not blinded by anything,we would be several points better off this season if it wasn't for injuries.

My problem with Michael on 11:20 - Feb 4 with 3912 viewsjackforever

My problem with Michael on 11:15 - Feb 4 by Darran

I'm not blinded by anything,we would be several points better off this season if it wasn't for injuries.

We would have been several points better off if we had
a)played better
b)trained better
c)Had better game plans
d)had better attitude
e)had more team spirit
f)Had more luck
g)not loaned a 5m player to a rival
h)signed a better CB in the summer
I) Signed some cover in early jan
etc etc

Everybody has injuries that life how we dealt with it was shocking
My problem with Michael on 11:21 - Feb 4 with 3905 viewsjojaca

All teams can use the injuries excuses, I don't buy it. When we had fully fit team at the start of season we were still well below par.

Even when you know, you never know?

My problem with Michael on 11:21 - Feb 4 with 3900 viewsllangyfelach

I said the weekend that Laudrups name and reputation acts as some sort of shield of invincibility. We're gash at the moment, have been for a long time. What p*sses me off is the mass hysteria on both sides of the argument. If people are happy with our current form then great. Don't deride the opinion of others who aren't.

We have been unlucky with injuries, granted. But as mentioned above it was ML who insisted on a smaller squad. Given the extra games we've played thats baffling to say the least.

He needs to stay until the end of the season, and the club need to show a united front until the last game. After that. Well...

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

My problem with Michael on 11:22 - Feb 4 with 3887 viewsDarran

My problem with Michael on 11:20 - Feb 4 by jackforever

We would have been several points better off if we had
a)played better
b)trained better
c)Had better game plans
d)had better attitude
e)had more team spirit
f)Had more luck
g)not loaned a 5m player to a rival
h)signed a better CB in the summer
I) Signed some cover in early jan
etc etc

Everybody has injuries that life how we dealt with it was shocking

Yeah Michu being out hasn't affected us.

My problem with Michael on 11:22 - Feb 4 with 3887 viewsshandyjack

My problem with Michael on 11:21 - Feb 4 by jojaca

All teams can use the injuries excuses, I don't buy it. When we had fully fit team at the start of season we were still well below par.

all teams have injuries but not to the extent we have had.

Vorm and Michu long term injuries have hit us hard. We lost a 20 goal player and the Dutch no2 Goalkeeper. A club like ours can't afford to lost their best 2 players

Poll: Expectation for the season

My problem with Michael on 11:23 - Feb 4 with 3883 viewsmacman

My problem with Michael on 08:13 - Feb 4 by 1983

No, a plastic brain maybe and an amateur with no technical or tactical understanding of modern football.
My problem with Michael on 11:44 - Feb 4 with 3810 viewsjackforever

My problem with Michael on 11:22 - Feb 4 by Darran

Yeah Michu being out hasn't affected us.

Club loses a player to injury before transfer window and does feck all to replace him. Enough to get you relegated? Maybe when the manager signs the likes of Vasquez.
My problem with Michael on 11:46 - Feb 4 with 3798 viewsshandyjack

My problem with Michael on 11:44 - Feb 4 by jackforever

Club loses a player to injury before transfer window and does feck all to replace him. Enough to get you relegated? Maybe when the manager signs the likes of Vasquez.

did we lose Michu before Aug 31 then? Didn't replace him in Jan as he is back this week

Poll: Expectation for the season

My problem with Michael on 11:47 - Feb 4 with 3798 viewsDarran

My problem with Michael on 11:44 - Feb 4 by jackforever

We obviously knew he'd be back a week after the window closes.
Just watch us go now.

My problem with Michael on 11:48 - Feb 4 with 3788 viewsjackforever

My problem with Michael on 11:46 - Feb 4 by shandyjack

did we lose Michu before Aug 31 then? Didn't replace him in Jan as he is back this week

How many games have we played since Jan the first?
My problem with Michael on 11:52 - Feb 4 with 3770 viewsDarran

My problem with Michael on 11:48 - Feb 4 by jackforever

How many games have we played since Jan the first?

And who have we played against?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024