Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laudrups unorthodox ways 12:33 - Feb 9 with 32416 viewsDarran

He'd only met the club secretary 4 or 5 times in all the time he was here when most managers see her once or twice a week and he absolutely refused to give his phone number to any of the players and refused to take theirs,he told the players that if they wanted to speak to him about anything they do it in training,if it was away from training and they needed to speak to him they were to phone someone at the club and ask them to contact him. Hence he couldn't phone the up to say bye bye when he left.

Strange chap.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:18 - Feb 9 with 2504 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:16 - Feb 9 by Spratty

Darren you have in numerous posts called Laudrup strange

In your mind is someone strange if they don't live their life according to your prescript?

To me he seemes a modest decent man who was delighted at the progress we made under him. If your look at the cup final pictures his face is absolutely bursting with pride and what you see as disinterest I see as embarrassment at a fuss - hogging the limelight was not his way, neither claiming credit for others achievements or claiming to have invented passing. When he spoke about the ex managers it was always with respect to what they had achieved and dismissing his part as tweaking despite bringing in very important players.

Is it to little to ask to afford him a bit of respect. This constant slagging off smacks of insecurity about sacking him and a need to justify it rather than it just being what it is.

Yes that'll be it I'm very insecure and he's a people person.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:22 - Feb 9 with 2481 viewsicecoldjack

In your mind is someone strange if they don't live their life according to your prescript?

To me he seemes a modest decent man who was delighted at the progress we made under him. If your look at the cup final pictures his face is absolutely bursting with pride and what you see as disinterest I see as embarrassment at a fuss - hogging the limelight was not his way, neither claiming credit for others achievements or claiming to have invented passing. When he spoke about the ex managers it was always with respect to what they had achieved and dismissing his part as tweaking despite bringing in very important players.

Is it to little to ask to afford him a bit of respect. This constant slagging off smacks of insecurity about sacking him and a need to justify it rather than it just being what it is.

A very perceptive post .

Laudrup was indeed a gent, he felt embarressed tobe lifted up by the players in that Final ,it wasnt because he didnt care just that he probably felt it was the players that deserved it not him .

He has always come across as a humble guy IMO, ive not met him but those who have said he is just a decent ,honest genuine bloke. He isnt world wide loved and respected because he's a cn@t thats for sure .
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:23 - Feb 9 with 2460 viewsicecoldjack

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:14 - Feb 9 by TheFranchise

Korea

Not one of our Danish followers then?

Korea ?

But you dont know if your from the North or the South ...okai .
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:24 - Feb 9 with 2458 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:22 - Feb 9 by icecoldjack

A very perceptive post .

Laudrup was indeed a gent, he felt embarressed tobe lifted up by the players in that Final ,it wasnt because he didnt care just that he probably felt it was the players that deserved it not him .

He has always come across as a humble guy IMO, ive not met him but those who have said he is just a decent ,honest genuine bloke. He isnt world wide loved and respected because he's a cn@t thats for sure .

I agree he's a bit odd.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:24 - Feb 9 with 2452 viewsTrundle10

good post. that is how i saw it
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:26 - Feb 9 with 2451 viewsDr_Winston

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:22 - Feb 9 by icecoldjack

A very perceptive post .

Decent, honest genuine blokes don't generally retain a mouthpiece to say the stuff he doesn't want to say himself to the media. Laudrup in all probability is a nice fella, but he's not exactly the saint that you seem to be trying to make him out to be.

He's a very savvy operator. This weeks outburst is probably the closest he's come to washing his own dirty laundry. I guess getting the sack yet again wasn't part of his carefully mapped out plan.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:35 - Feb 9 with 2409 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Why didn't the club just get him a second phone for "business use"?

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:36 - Feb 9 with 2406 viewsmonmouth

I'm one of those modern types me. Everyone that's ever worked for me has had my number. No fooker s been stupid enough to dare to phone it mind.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:36 - Feb 9 with 2405 viewsicecoldjack

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:26 - Feb 9 by Dr_Winston

Decent, honest genuine blokes don't generally retain a mouthpiece to say the stuff he doesn't want to say himself to the media. Laudrup in all probability is a nice fella, but he's not exactly the saint that you seem to be trying to make him out to be.

He's a very savvy operator. This weeks outburst is probably the closest he's come to washing his own dirty laundry. I guess getting the sack yet again wasn't part of his carefully mapped out plan.

Well ,your assuming that he retains a mouthpiece ,at the end of the day you dont know the exact relationship between Tutu and Laudrup .

I cant remember calling Laudrup a saint either, you dont get to be the player he has been without a certain amount of single mindedness and arrogance though, in fact he would have been as ruthless as anybody in that respect .

Truth is that you can only take people at face value on a personal level, in a buisness sense im sure he is as hard nosed as any fooker,that doesnt make him a cn@t of the highest order that just means he has grasped one of lifes basic ingredients,look after yourself and your family first and foremeost.
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:37 - Feb 9 with 2393 viewsicecoldjack

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:35 - Feb 9 by NeiltheTaylor

Why didn't the club just get him a second phone for "business use"?

What a great point.

maybe they couldnt get the right deal,they offered Orange £48 quid a month but Orange were holding out for £50 so we moved onto other targets.
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:40 - Feb 9 with 2382 viewsblaine_scfc

Changes had to be made, no doubt about that. But why are we looking for ways to talk negatively about Laudrup? He guided us to our most successful season and bought some of the best players ever to play for us, he has gone now and I personally wish him all the best in whatever he goes next, can leave here with his head held high imo
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:44 - Feb 9 with 2363 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:40 - Feb 9 by blaine_scfc

Changes had to be made, no doubt about that. But why are we looking for ways to talk negatively about Laudrup? He guided us to our most successful season and bought some of the best players ever to play for us, he has gone now and I personally wish him all the best in whatever he goes next, can leave here with his head held high imo

F^cking Christ you haven't stopped slagging the bloke off for weeks.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:46 - Feb 9 with 2345 viewsSpratty

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:18 - Feb 9 by Darran

Yes that'll be it I'm very insecure and he's a people person.

Excellent knowing your faults is a great step forward - well done

ML certainly seemed very personable, patient, friendly and gently humerous in that supporters meeting which was fairly intimate. In fact Huw came over at that meeting as a bit prickly about Bony (our now hero) but that doesn't make him a bad person. Laudrup was almost universally similarly admired for his honest straightforward personable interviews during his time as our manager. Possibly mass hypnosis?

Just because people value their family life and perhaps get a bit fed up being treated like a show pony (come and see Laudrup the legend) when they just want to get on with their job in a modest way. It does not make them strange (in fact pretty decent balanced people in my eyes).

I image Huw and Laudrup are both very determined people who want to do things in their own way.
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:47 - Feb 9 with 2343 viewsblaine_scfc

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:44 - Feb 9 by Darran

F^cking Christ you haven't stopped slagging the bloke off for weeks.

Show me a post where I have criticised Laudrup? After the West Ham game I knew he probably had to go, he had lost the changing room. Doesn't mean I want to kick a man who has given us a season of success when he is down.
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:47 - Feb 9 with 2342 viewsZut_Alors

I think that's a fair post, Doc. I don't think he saw this coming, and perhaps he'll realise in time that he didn't give it his all.

I would be very interested to see how we does with a team similar in stature to the ones he played in, ones where he wouldn't be able to shun going at it for the big games. He definitely has the ability to manage, his cup record shows that, but there are obvious weaknesses out there, too.

I can see him in Italy — with Inter a possibility — or taking over the Denmark side.
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:49 - Feb 9 with 2286 views2face

I think it's safe to say that office politics isn't ML's strongest suit.
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:51 - Feb 9 with 2277 viewsJackInLondon

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 12:36 - Feb 9 by Sikko

You think Fergie was on SMS with the Man u players or Pellegrini now for that sake?

Small club mentality.

You think Ferguson didn't interact with players outside of training?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/sold-the-manchester

In theory, I prefer Laudrup's method of trying treat players like adults. I recall Ash saying he liked this about him too. Unfortunately, many players don't know how to act like adults and that's where it falls down.
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:54 - Feb 9 with 2257 viewsWarwickHunt

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:46 - Feb 9 by Spratty

Excellent knowing your faults is a great step forward - well done

ML certainly seemed very personable, patient, friendly and gently humerous in that supporters meeting which was fairly intimate. In fact Huw came over at that meeting as a bit prickly about Bony (our now hero) but that doesn't make him a bad person. Laudrup was almost universally similarly admired for his honest straightforward personable interviews during his time as our manager. Possibly mass hypnosis?

Just because people value their family life and perhaps get a bit fed up being treated like a show pony (come and see Laudrup the legend) when they just want to get on with their job in a modest way. It does not make them strange (in fact pretty decent balanced people in my eyes).

I image Huw and Laudrup are both very determined people who want to do things in their own way.

"I image Huw and Laudrup are both very determined people who want to do things in their own way. "

In a nutshelll...
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:54 - Feb 9 with 2252 viewsDr_Winston

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:47 - Feb 9 by Zut_Alors

I think that's a fair post, Doc. I don't think he saw this coming, and perhaps he'll realise in time that he didn't give it his all.

I would be very interested to see how we does with a team similar in stature to the ones he played in, ones where he wouldn't be able to shun going at it for the big games. He definitely has the ability to manage, his cup record shows that, but there are obvious weaknesses out there, too.

I can see him in Italy — with Inter a possibility — or taking over the Denmark side.

I'm disappointed more than anything else because he was such a breath of fresh air when he first took over. We played some lovely attacking football and his bullshit free approach to the media was a seachange from Brendan. Sadly though neither of them lasted. The football went south after the Anfield massacre and Bayramgate in the summer soured a lot of things.

I don't hold him entirely responsible (Jenkins hasn't exactly covered himself in glory either). but most of Laudrup's biggest problems were of his own making.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 13:55 - Feb 9 with 2247 viewsmonmouth

I still can't believe that anyone believes that our board, that's our board, would spunk a potential 4 or 5 million unless they saw a major emergency. Do you really think they sacked him because he was shy?? F@@k me pink.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 14:02 - Feb 9 with 2211 viewsMolliemick

That is what I would call "perceptive"!
Wipe the knife when you extract it! LOL
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 14:08 - Feb 9 with 2181 viewsSikko

Think its the relationship between Huw and Laudrup that caused the sacking, seem to only have detoriorated since the summer and probably also did damage to results though i dont think they were that bad considering a small quad playing in Europe for the first time did its tear.

Huw might underestimated ML´s demand to have influence on transfers and ML might underestimated that Huw also operate as director of football.
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 14:12 - Feb 9 with 2166 viewsDarran

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 14:08 - Feb 9 by Sikko

Think its the relationship between Huw and Laudrup that caused the sacking, seem to only have detoriorated since the summer and probably also did damage to results though i dont think they were that bad considering a small quad playing in Europe for the first time did its tear.

Huw might underestimated ML´s demand to have influence on transfers and ML might underestimated that Huw also operate as director of football.

How will we cope?
Sob sob weep weep

Laudrups unorthodox ways on 14:57 - Feb 9 with 2053 viewssingalongajack

i'll be honest with you
most of the scandinavians i've met are a bit odd, it's their way.
takes a bit of time to get their humour(or lack of it)
i see management as being a scale from hands on(someone like brendan)to hands off(sven )
how would you do it?
obviously it depends on the maturity of the people you're working with, which approach you take, but the great managers can tailor there management to what their team need.
i sold vacuum cleaners once, i knows
Laudrups unorthodox ways on 15:30 - Feb 9 with 1989 viewsGlyn1

Michael Laudrup's Barmy Army seems to have had a lot of deserters but all the gripes and grumbles seem to be minor things that might be said about lots of clubs going through a bad patch.

He was shy and aloof with strangers and didn't want players contacting him outside working hours. The training sessions could have been harder. Sometimes his tactics didn't work. This is all small stuff and personally I still think we should have saved a few million and kept him until the end of the season.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2014 15:32]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024