Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot 00:06 - Feb 23 with 16176 viewsAl_Bundy

Anybody know if this camera is live? I was driving past it after the Napoli match and it flashed just at the end of the white lines on the road. Not sure if it was me or another car behind me who triggered it. Does the camera have to flash twice and how far apart are the pics taken?
M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 00:19 - Feb 23 with 8523 viewsporschejack

How fast do you think you were going ?
M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 01:12 - Feb 23 with 8496 viewsNatterjack

That camera is one of the busiest in South Wales - although it flashed, it catches so many people that it may have been out of film (old style camera not the new digital type)

If not... You're f*cked

The camera flashes twice in quick succession to gauge the markers on the road as a secondary check to the speed radar.
M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 07:51 - Feb 23 with 8448 viewsEdmundo

They change the film quite often, your best chance is that there's been a lot of activity this month or you're fecked!

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 07:53 - Feb 23 with 8446 viewsthejack

I saw a white 4x4 getting flashed on the way home.
M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 07:54 - Feb 23 with 8441 viewsItchySphincter

If you were inside the start and end marks you've had it pal.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 10:11 - Feb 23 with 8346 viewsAl_Bundy

I was probably on the last 5 lines on the road when the camera went off. i was doing 50 mph and probably started to accelerate right at the end of it. does the 5% tolerance still apply? There was a car on the outside lane when when the camera flashed so not sure if it was him exceeding the limit and triggering the camera or me slightly pushing on at the back end and activating the camera. Didn't realise it was on the old style film camera, didn't think they were still around.
M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 11:24 - Feb 23 with 8293 viewsBrynmill_Jack

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 10:11 - Feb 23 by Al_Bundy

I was probably on the last 5 lines on the road when the camera went off. i was doing 50 mph and probably started to accelerate right at the end of it. does the 5% tolerance still apply? There was a car on the outside lane when when the camera flashed so not sure if it was him exceeding the limit and triggering the camera or me slightly pushing on at the back end and activating the camera. Didn't realise it was on the old style film camera, didn't think they were still around.

If you ever HAVE to speed through a camera zone just change lanes. F*cks them right up

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 12:29 - Feb 23 with 8239 viewsairedale

Speed limit + 10% + 1mph.
Login to get fewer ads

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 12:32 - Feb 23 with 8232 viewsTokijo

My understanding is that its 10% plus 1. ie get a ticket doing + 56 mph.
M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 12:34 - Feb 23 with 8227 viewsPhil_S

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 11:24 - Feb 23 by Brynmill_Jack

If you ever HAVE to speed through a camera zone just change lanes. F*cks them right up

Or it used to.....know many who believed this and still got done
M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 12:38 - Feb 23 with 8218 viewsJackfath

If you carefully wrap your number plate in cling film it stops the camera from taking an accurate picture. It's also invisible to the eye if put on properly.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 12:42 - Feb 23 with 8216 viewsexiledclaseboy

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 12:38 - Feb 23 by Jackfath

If you carefully wrap your number plate in cling film it stops the camera from taking an accurate picture. It's also invisible to the eye if put on properly.

Doesn't work. Fact.

Poll: Tory leader

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 12:48 - Feb 23 with 8207 viewsNatterjack

It's the radar that catches the speed, the lines on the road are there as a back-up as two pictures are taken at a set time to prove the vehicle moved at a certain speed through the zone.

The only reason for this is that years ago the police used to take pictures of their speedometer and the car in front and use this as proof of speeding in court. This worked fine until It was ridiculed by a know-it-all solicitor who asked if the tree in the foreground of the photograph was moving at the same speed as the vehicle in front of the police car.

Moving lanes doesn't make any difference as the lines usually are still visible
M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 12:50 - Feb 23 with 8202 viewsApeShit

I thought the speed limit was 50mph? If you were doing 50mph I think you might be OK.
M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 13:22 - Feb 23 with 8173 viewsCountyJim

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 12:42 - Feb 23 by exiledclaseboy

Doesn't work. Fact.

Im surprised you where taken in Clase
M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 15:25 - Feb 23 with 8135 viewsexiledclaseboy

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 13:22 - Feb 23 by CountyJim

Im surprised you where taken in Clase

Sorry, I don't speak Newport. Can you translate please?

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 15:32 - Feb 23 with 8118 viewsApeShit

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 15:25 - Feb 23 by exiledclaseboy

I've been trying to work it out since kick off.
M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 17:55 - Feb 23 with 8039 viewsCountyJim

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 15:25 - Feb 23 by exiledclaseboy

I think fathy was pulling our leg
M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 20:11 - Mar 3 with 7843 viewsAl_Bundy

Still not heard anything... 11 days Here's hoping
M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 20:22 - Mar 3 with 7828 viewsTokijo

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 11:24 - Feb 23 by Brynmill_Jack

You can never know where and when to change nor guaranteed to dodge the ticket.
M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 20:38 - Mar 3 with 7808 viewscontroversial_jack

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 12:48 - Feb 23 by Natterjack

It's the radar that catches the speed, the lines on the road are there as a back-up as two pictures are taken at a set time to prove the vehicle moved at a certain speed through the zone.

The only reason for this is that years ago the police used to take pictures of their speedometer and the car in front and use this as proof of speeding in court. This worked fine until It was ridiculed by a know-it-all solicitor who asked if the tree in the foreground of the photograph was moving at the same speed as the vehicle in front of the police car.

Moving lanes doesn't make any difference as the lines usually are still visible

Radar doesn't work from a moving object like a police car. That's why they use stationary guns.I think they can estimate the speed at best
M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 20:44 - Mar 3 with 7800 viewsJoe_bradshaw

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 20:11 - Mar 3 by Al_Bundy

I think they have to inform you of their intention to prosecute within 14 days.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 20:53 - Mar 3 with 7781 viewsdgt73

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 20:11 - Mar 3 by Al_Bundy

You can still be done even if you don't hear anything after two weeks. As long as your fixed penalty notice has been processed within 14 days thats all they have to do to and it could take weeks for the notice to reach you.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 20:54 - Mar 3 with 7777 viewsAl_Bundy

I'm pretty sure i didn't go above 50 mph , however i did change lanes behind a car doing 40 mph in the lined section so not sure that triggered it or not. While driving through there on Sunday i noticed you are only in the lined area for 3 secs max while just doing just under 50 mph

Can a Gatso camera flash once? Not sure i saw two flashes
M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 20:56 - Mar 3 with 7769 viewsexiledclaseboy

The NIP has to be issued and sent in order to be with the keeper of the vehicle within 14 days. And the keeper has a further 28 days to respond to it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024