Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot 00:06 - Feb 23 with 16186 viewsAl_Bundy

Anybody know if this camera is live? I was driving past it after the Napoli match and it flashed just at the end of the white lines on the road. Not sure if it was me or another car behind me who triggered it. Does the camera have to flash twice and how far apart are the pics taken?
M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 21:02 - Mar 3 with 4822 viewsAl_Bundy

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 20:56 - Mar 3 by exiledclaseboy

The NIP has to be issued and sent in order to be with the keeper of the vehicle within 14 days. And the keeper has a further 28 days to respond to it.

So if what happens after 14 days if i don't get any notification?
M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 21:02 - Mar 3 with 4822 viewsdgt73

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 20:54 - Mar 3 by Al_Bundy

I'm pretty sure i didn't go above 50 mph , however i did change lanes behind a car doing 40 mph in the lined section so not sure that triggered it or not. While driving through there on Sunday i noticed you are only in the lined area for 3 secs max while just doing just under 50 mph

Can a Gatso camera flash once? Not sure i saw two flashes

If you were only doing around 50 mph I wouldn't worry. Anything above 55 mph then its a different story. You get 10 % leaway not because of the goodness of the police but because anything below 10% would probably get kicked out of court if you refused the fixed penalty and choose to go to court instead.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 21:08 - Mar 3 with 4812 viewsexiledclaseboy

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 21:02 - Mar 3 by Al_Bundy

Depends. If it's only one or two days late they'll probably claim that they sent it in time to reasonably think it'd get to you within the required 14 days. The longer it goes the more likely you are to be in the clear.

Poll: Tory leader

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 21:09 - Mar 3 with 4810 viewsdgt73

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 20:56 - Mar 3 by exiledclaseboy

The NIP has to be issued and sent in order to be with the keeper of the vehicle within 14 days. And the keeper has a further 28 days to respond to it.

I think you are wrong on that one. They have 14 days to process the fixed penalty or notice of prosecution, and you may receive that letter after the 14 days has passed.

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 21:11 - Mar 3 with 4807 viewsexiledclaseboy

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 21:09 - Mar 3 by dgt73

I think you are wrong on that one. They have 14 days to process the fixed penalty or notice of prosecution, and you may receive that letter after the 14 days has passed.

Nope. The NIP has to be processed and despatched in order to reach the registered keeper within 14 days. I have some experience of these things and a quick Google search to make sure that I wasn't misadvising the OP confirmed it.

https://www.askthe.police.uk/content/Q557.htm

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 21:17 - Mar 3 with 4799 viewsdgt73

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 21:02 - Mar 3 by Al_Bundy

Ring this number 029202221117 and ask to speak to the road safety camera department tell them where and when you think you may have been caught and they will tell you straight away. Will be open at 9 am tomorrow.

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 23:23 - Mar 3 with 4724 viewslifelong

I drive through that area quite often, and what I find is that if I'm not exceeding the speed limit the camera doesn't appear to flash.
M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 14:19 - Mar 4 with 4650 viewsglynthomas

Was caught here 7.45 am on a dry sunny sunday morning with only a few cars about,was going to do the cardiff marathon,so was running a bit late,doing about 56mph,had a letter about 6/7 weeks later.

Crazy you can get a ticket on a motorway doing 56 where the speed limit is 70,they give you an option of doing a speed awareness session where you still pay the fine but no points is given,if its your first time. I think they book a meeting room over the national swimming pool to do the session.

End of the day its a money making scheme, You should get a ticket if you were doing 80 + on a motorway and the roads are rammed with cars but on a sunday morning with nothing around is just robbery.
Login to get fewer ads

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 14:34 - Mar 4 with 4644 viewsLohengrin

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 14:19 - Mar 4 by glynthomas

Was caught here 7.45 am on a dry sunny sunday morning with only a few cars about,was going to do the cardiff marathon,so was running a bit late,doing about 56mph,had a letter about 6/7 weeks later.

Crazy you can get a ticket on a motorway doing 56 where the speed limit is 70,they give you an option of doing a speed awareness session where you still pay the fine but no points is given,if its your first time. I think they book a meeting room over the national swimming pool to do the session.

End of the day its a money making scheme, You should get a ticket if you were doing 80 + on a motorway and the roads are rammed with cars but on a sunday morning with nothing around is just robbery.

If its the camera I think you all mean then it ought to be removed as it's bloody dangerous. Everybody on that stretch is driving along at 70 then they have to slam on to go under 50 for a hundred meters before speeding up again. It's daft.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 19:42 - Mar 4 with 4607 viewsAl_Bundy

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 14:19 - Mar 4 by glynthomas

Letter 6/7 weeks after getting flashed !?! well this thread suggests you have got away with it and don't have to respond.
M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 20:01 - Mar 4 with 4598 viewsdgt73

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 19:42 - Mar 4 by Al_Bundy

Letter 6/7 weeks after getting flashed !?! well this thread suggests you have got away with it and don't have to respond.

My wife is a barrister and even tho she doesn't spealise in this particular part of law believes that as long as your fixed penalty/ notice of prosecution is processed within 14 days it's irelavant when it arrives through your letter box.

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 20:13 - Mar 4 with 4585 viewsthejack

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 21:11 - Mar 3 by exiledclaseboy

Nope. The NIP has to be processed and despatched in order to reach the registered keeper within 14 days. I have some experience of these things and a quick Google search to make sure that I wasn't misadvising the OP confirmed it.

That answer is rather sexist, surely they should have used they than he.
M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 20:22 - Mar 4 with 4579 viewsexiledclaseboy

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 20:01 - Mar 4 by dgt73

My wife is a barrister and even tho she doesn't spealise in this particular part of law believes that as long as your fixed penalty/ notice of prosecution is processed within 14 days it's irelavant when it arrives through your letter box.

Your wife's wrong.

https://www.gov.uk/speeding-penalties

"By law, the vehicle’s registered keeper must be sent a notice of intended prosecution within 14 days of the alleged speeding offence."

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/53/section/1

"(1)Subject to section 2 of this Act, [F1a person shall not be convicted of an offence to which this section applies unless]–

(a)he was warned at the time the offence was committed that the question of prosecuting him for some one or other of the offences to which this section applies would be taken into consideration, or

(b)within fourteen days of the commission of the offence a summons (or, in Scotland, a complaint) for the offence was served on him, or

(c)within fourteen days of the commission of the offence a notice of the intended prosecution specifying the nature of the alleged offence and the time and place where it is alleged to have been committed, was–

(i)in the case of an offence under section 28 or 29 of the Road Traffic Act 1988 (cycling offences), served on him,

(ii)in the case of any other offence, served on him or on the person, if any, registered as the keeper of the vehicle at the time of the commission of the offence.

1A)A notice required by this section to be served on any person may be served on that person–
(a)by delivering it to him;
(b)by addressing it to him and leaving it at his last known address; or
(c)by sending it by registered post, recorded delivery service or first class post addressed to him at his last known address."

So, by law, the NIP has to have been processed and posted within 14 days. It may arrive after that but if it's not posted within the 14 days, it's not legal. The catch is that the law goes on to say that it's assumed in every case that the NIP was served within the legally required 14 days unless it can be proved otherwise. Which if you get a letter postmarked six months after the offence the NIP relates to shouldn't be too difficult.

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 20:22 - Mar 4 with 4579 viewsjack_lord

Has the minimum fine risen from 60 pounds to 100?

Many people travelling in car think they are doing 70 when in fact are doing closer to 65. If you have satnav try and compare your speed on the satnav to the odometer. The true reading should be the satnav.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 20:35 - Mar 4 with 4573 viewsdgt73

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 20:22 - Mar 4 by exiledclaseboy

Your wife's wrong.

"By law, the vehicle’s registered keeper must be sent a notice of intended prosecution within 14 days of the alleged speeding offence."

"(1)Subject to section 2 of this Act, [F1a person shall not be convicted of an offence to which this section applies unless]–

(a)he was warned at the time the offence was committed that the question of prosecuting him for some one or other of the offences to which this section applies would be taken into consideration, or

(b)within fourteen days of the commission of the offence a summons (or, in Scotland, a complaint) for the offence was served on him, or

(c)within fourteen days of the commission of the offence a notice of the intended prosecution specifying the nature of the alleged offence and the time and place where it is alleged to have been committed, was–

(i)in the case of an offence under section 28 or 29 of the Road Traffic Act 1988 (cycling offences), served on him,

(ii)in the case of any other offence, served on him or on the person, if any, registered as the keeper of the vehicle at the time of the commission of the offence.

1A)A notice required by this section to be served on any person may be served on that person–
(c)by sending it by registered post, recorded delivery service or first class post addressed to him at his last known address."

So, by law, the NIP has to have been processed and posted within 14 days. It may arrive after that but if it's not posted within the 14 days, it's not legal. The catch is that the law goes on to say that it's assumed in every case that the NIP was served within the legally required 14 days unless it can be proved otherwise. Which if you get a letter postmarked six months after the offence the NIP relates to shouldn't be too difficult.

And that is what i said. 14 days to process of course that includes posting. If the fixed penalty is then lost in some sorting office and then found and delivered 5 or 6 weeks later you are still done.

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 20:37 - Mar 4 with 4579 viewsAl_Bundy

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 20:22 - Mar 4 by jack_lord

Has the minimum fine risen from 60 pounds to 100?

Many people travelling in car think they are doing 70 when in fact are doing closer to 65. If you have satnav try and compare your speed on the satnav to the odometer. The true reading should be the satnav.

3 pts and £100 fine and probably a knock on with increased insurance costs.

12 days have passed since my incident... clinging on - nothing in the post so far!
M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 20:38 - Mar 4 with 4579 viewsexiledclaseboy

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 20:35 - Mar 4 by dgt73

And that is what i said. 14 days to process of course that includes posting. If the fixed penalty is then lost in some sorting office and then found and delivered 5 or 6 weeks later you are still done.

Well it's not what you said at all but it's a nice backtrack when faced with the facts.

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 20:40 - Mar 4 with 4577 viewsdgt73

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 20:22 - Mar 4 by exiledclaseboy

Your wife's wrong.

Have a read back on some of your previous posts, you have contradicted yourself a few times.

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 20:42 - Mar 4 with 4573 viewsexiledclaseboy

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 20:40 - Mar 4 by dgt73

Have a read back on some of your previous posts, you have contradicted yourself a few times.

Oh aye, where's that then?

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 20:48 - Mar 4 with 4566 viewsdgt73

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 20:38 - Mar 4 by exiledclaseboy

Well it's not what you said at all but it's a nice backtrack when faced with the facts.

Its exactly what I said. 14 days to process thats what I said and irrelevant when it arrives at the registered keepers house.

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 20:51 - Mar 4 with 4562 viewsdgt73

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 20:42 - Mar 4 by exiledclaseboy

Oh aye, where's that then?

Just read back.

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 20:52 - Mar 4 with 4559 viewsexiledclaseboy

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 20:51 - Mar 4 by dgt73

Just read back.

I have. I've consistently said that the law requires the NIP to be sent to the registered keeper within 14 days. Where's the contradictions?

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 20:56 - Mar 4 with 4548 viewsdgt73

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 21:08 - Mar 3 by exiledclaseboy

Depends. If it's only one or two days late they'll probably claim that they sent it in time to reasonably think it'd get to you within the required 14 days. The longer it goes the more likely you are to be in the clear.

This one

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 20:58 - Mar 4 with 4544 viewsdgt73

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 21:11 - Mar 3 by exiledclaseboy

Oh and this one.

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 20:58 - Mar 4 with 4541 viewsexiledclaseboy

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 20:56 - Mar 4 by dgt73

This one

Still not getting it. As I said earlier, if you get a letter post marked with a date six weeks after the offence they're doing you for then they can't claim it was posted within the required 14 days, can they?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024