Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot 00:06 - Feb 23 with 16600 viewsAl_Bundy

Anybody know if this camera is live? I was driving past it after the Napoli match and it flashed just at the end of the white lines on the road. Not sure if it was me or another car behind me who triggered it. Does the camera have to flash twice and how far apart are the pics taken?
M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 21:00 - Mar 4 with 1737 viewsdgt73

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 21:09 - Mar 3 by dgt73

I think you are wrong on that one. They have 14 days to process the fixed penalty or notice of prosecution, and you may receive that letter after the 14 days has passed.

And this is what I said last night, which is 100% correct.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 21:02 - Mar 4 with 1729 viewsexiledclaseboy

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 21:00 - Mar 4 by dgt73

And this is what I said last night, which is 100% correct.

Except that its not.

Poll: Tory leader

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 21:08 - Mar 4 with 1723 viewsdgt73

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 20:58 - Mar 4 by exiledclaseboy

Still not getting it. As I said earlier, if you get a letter post marked with a date six weeks after the offence they're doing you for then they can't claim it was posted within the required 14 days, can they?

I never said that did i. They have 14 days to process so of course the date has to be within the 14 days of the offence. The point I made was you can still receive that letter weeks or even months later and still be done (which you said was wrong) because that fixed penalty notice was processed within the 14 days.

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 21:11 - Mar 4 with 1718 viewsdgt73

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 21:02 - Mar 4 by exiledclaseboy

Except that its not.

You keep reading off the internet it seems where you get all you're information from.

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 21:17 - Mar 4 with 1707 viewsexiledclaseboy

OK, you win. I surrender. You've sussed me, the police and the actual law all out. Well done.

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 21:20 - Mar 4 with 1702 viewsdgt73

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 21:17 - Mar 4 by exiledclaseboy

OK, you win. I surrender. You've sussed me, the police and the actual law all out. Well done.

You are thick as dog sh*te fair play.

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 21:24 - Mar 4 with 1694 viewsjack_lord

DGT obviously has no clue what your job entails.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 22:00 - Mar 4 with 1670 viewsTokijo

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 14:34 - Mar 4 by Lohengrin

If its the camera I think you all mean then it ought to be removed as it's bloody dangerous. Everybody on that stretch is driving along at 70 then they have to slam on to go under 50 for a hundred meters before speeding up again. It's daft.

You shouldn't be speeding at 70mph. We motorists are lucky there are no safe locations for the Go Safe vans to park up and start generating more revenue along this stretch of motorway.
Login to get fewer ads

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 22:15 - Mar 4 with 1662 viewsAl_Bundy

Well.. i'm none the wiser from the posts on here. My hopes lie with ECB's view which has a closure point which is 14 days. DGT's point is if this is processed within 14 days they can at any point after that communicate and fine me indefinitely.
M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 11:28 - Mar 5 with 1607 viewsSCB1985

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 22:15 - Mar 4 by Al_Bundy

Well.. i'm none the wiser from the posts on here. My hopes lie with ECB's view which has a closure point which is 14 days. DGT's point is if this is processed within 14 days they can at any point after that communicate and fine me indefinitely.

i got caught before in a leased vehicle. my first contact was of citroen leasing, then a week later i had the letter for the speeding fine.

i regards to the 2 week 'rule' its the date of offence and date the letter gets printed that you need to look at, if it more than 2 weeks its ok.

apparently if you send them a cheque when paying the fine and send them a quid too much, they cant close the case. they have a quid of yours they will send you a cheque for the amount owed to you. they still cant close the case till you cash that quid.

Not that i am recomending it, just saying what i heard.

Poll: whats more important to you

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 11:43 - Mar 5 with 1601 viewsSwanzay

To try and clear this up, processed and sent within 14 days. That does not have any bearing on when it goes through the individuals letter box.

Its legal as long as they can prove it was processed and dispatched (date stamped)within the 14 day period, then its up to the royal mail to get it to the unfortunate person.
M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 15:48 - Mar 5 with 1542 viewsItchySphincter

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 11:43 - Mar 5 by Swanzay

To try and clear this up, processed and sent within 14 days. That does not have any bearing on when it goes through the individuals letter box.

Its legal as long as they can prove it was processed and dispatched (date stamped)within the 14 day period, then its up to the royal mail to get it to the unfortunate person.

Kinda like what Shwmie and ECB are arguing over.

ECB: "It's black"

Shwmie: "No it's not, it's black"

Ad infinitum.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 15:55 - Mar 5 with 1536 viewsSwanzay

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 15:48 - Mar 5 by ItchySphincter

Kinda like what Shwmie and ECB are arguing over.

ECB: "It's black"

Shwmie: "No it's not, it's black"

Ad infinitum.

Exactly, I just forgot to quote on of them!
M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 07:59 - Mar 6 with 1499 viewsyescomeon

I've had a ticket from that camera, few years ago now tho (2007/8 i think)

Upthecity!

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 08:19 - Mar 6 with 1492 views1jack

Go to the Honest John website, there is a forum on there that covers different laws, there is a vast section on there regarding this matter. I've read it briefly and it does seem that you have to receive the NIP within 14 days, but that was just a brief read, go check it out.
M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 09:53 - Mar 6 with 1472 viewsWitneyjack

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 08:19 - Mar 6 by 1jack

Go to the Honest John website, there is a forum on there that covers different laws, there is a vast section on there regarding this matter. I've read it briefly and it does seem that you have to receive the NIP within 14 days, but that was just a brief read, go check it out.

You don't have to receive the NIP within 14 days. It has to be processed and sent within 14 days. You can receive it 6 months later and still be liable.
M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 10:07 - Mar 6 with 1456 viewsJoe_bradshaw

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 09:53 - Mar 6 by Witneyjack

You don't have to receive the NIP within 14 days. It has to be processed and sent within 14 days. You can receive it 6 months later and still be liable.

In practical terms if your NIP has been lost in the post you will get a letter around 6-8 weeks after the offence asking why you haven't responded to the NIP asking who was driving and whether you accept the fixed penalty etc.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 18:02 - Mar 6 with 1407 viewsjack_lord

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 10:07 - Mar 6 by Joe_bradshaw

In practical terms if your NIP has been lost in the post you will get a letter around 6-8 weeks after the offence asking why you haven't responded to the NIP asking who was driving and whether you accept the fixed penalty etc.

Just to throw a curved ball, what happens if the letter keeps getting lost or the postman delivers it to the wrong address for a period of longer than six months?

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 19:17 - Mar 6 with 1386 viewsexiledclaseboy

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 18:02 - Mar 6 by jack_lord

Just to throw a curved ball, what happens if the letter keeps getting lost or the postman delivers it to the wrong address for a period of longer than six months?

You'd have been prosecuted for not responding to the NIP by failing to provide details of the driver long before then. Which is why the notion that it could turn up six months later and you'd still get done is nonsense. Things would have moved on long before that.

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 19:57 - Mar 6 with 1363 viewsdgt73

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 18:02 - Mar 6 by jack_lord

You would have a knock on the door from the boys in blue who will issue you with a summons to appear at a magistrates court for a more serious charge of not responding or reveling the driver.

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 19:58 - Mar 6 with 1362 viewsdgt73

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 09:53 - Mar 6 by Witneyjack

That is the correct answer.

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 20:10 - Mar 6 with 1358 viewsdgt73

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 19:17 - Mar 6 by exiledclaseboy

You'd have been prosecuted for not responding to the NIP by failing to provide details of the driver long before then. Which is why the notion that it could turn up six months later and you'd still get done is nonsense. Things would have moved on long before that.

After our little discussion the other day, I have spoken to someone well placed regarding this matter and was told that 14 days to process which includes being posted, not 14 days to arrive through the letter box, the legal system cannot rely on the royal mail to deliver justice. And also some unlucky people have ended up in court months later as a result of undelivered fix penalty notices and when these people explained in court that they had not received the notices, they had the more serious charge of not notifying the driver droped and just had the 3 pts and £60 fine. And that comes from someone who works in the courts every week.

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 20:17 - Mar 6 with 1352 viewsItchySphincter

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............................................................

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 20:40 - Mar 6 with 1338 viewsdgt73

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 20:17 - Mar 6 by ItchySphincter

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............................................................

Fuk off

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 20:56 - Mar 6 with 1327 viewsjack_lord

M4 Speed Camera - Port Talbot on 20:10 - Mar 6 by dgt73

After our little discussion the other day, I have spoken to someone well placed regarding this matter and was told that 14 days to process which includes being posted, not 14 days to arrive through the letter box, the legal system cannot rely on the royal mail to deliver justice. And also some unlucky people have ended up in court months later as a result of undelivered fix penalty notices and when these people explained in court that they had not received the notices, they had the more serious charge of not notifying the driver droped and just had the 3 pts and £60 fine. And that comes from someone who works in the courts every week.

I believe the first point is exactly what Clasey said and the second point has had different outcomes. I know of people who have changed their address and find out they had a NIP outstanding which when challenged was filed away.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024