Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
At the start of the season would you have considered a play off finish a success 18:20 - Mar 2 with 3257 viewsSuffolk

C A lot of (understandable) negativity around at the moment. I for one indulge in it. Casting my mind back to the start of the season I realised that my expectations for the season are pretty much accurate so far.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2014 23:11]
At the start of the season would you have considered a play off finish a success on 23:01 - Mar 2 with 3162 viewsRanger78

Immediately after relegation - Yes

Start of the season after spending £10m and assembling one of the highest paid squads in the history of the championship - No
At the start of the season would you have considered a play off finish a success on 23:24 - Mar 2 with 3142 viewsWeaverQPR

After being top, biggest budget and one of the highest paid managers in england id say scraping a top six finish is a failure.

@WeavQPR

At the start of the season would you have considered a play off finish a success on 23:28 - Mar 2 with 3138 viewsJuzzie

This question was often asked on here in the summer and most people said getting into the Play-Off's would be considered a success.

It's only our great start to the season that raised expectations and now being 4th is considered by some (QPR and non-QPR fans alike) as a failure.
At the start of the season would you have considered a play off finish a success on 00:00 - Mar 3 with 3116 viewsHunterhoop

Before the season started, yes.

However, as soon as I saw the standard of the opposition in the first 3-4 games, absolutely not!

That's what I completely underestimated: how bad some of the teams in this league are.

Also, before the season started, none of us were sure how good Austin (and later Phillips) would turn out. Given the way they have turned out, albeit they're now injured, this reinforces the "absolutely not" perspective.

Effectively, what I'm trying to say is that the question is the wrong question.
At the start of the season would you have considered a play off finish a success on 01:08 - Mar 3 with 3100 viewsRangersAreBack

With our financial clout I'm not sure is success is the right word. However given the shambles of a squad that went down, plays offs was a more realistic ambition than top 2 at the start of the season. However having arrived at January in the top 2 we really ought to have conducted better business in the transfer window to kick on. Instead we will do well to hang on to a play off spot.
At the start of the season would you have considered a play off finish a success on 05:48 - Mar 3 with 3079 viewsisawqpratwcity

Play off winners, yes.
Play off losers, no.

The goal was and is bounce-back to Premier, not consolidate in Championship.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

At the start of the season would you have considered a play off finish a success on 05:53 - Mar 3 with 3078 viewstimcocking

Not really, no.

On dreaded paper, i don't think there's any doubting the quality in the squad 'at Championship level' as they like to say. So if i was a neutral observer, i'd think playoffs was a failure.

As a QPR fan however, it's what i expected.

We'll almost certainly lose in the playoff final, most likely in a particularly cruel and unjust fashion. Probably to Reading. Gorkss with a last minute winner :-(
At the start of the season would you have considered a play off finish a success on 06:17 - Mar 3 with 3071 viewshoopdog

At the start of the season would you have considered a play off finish a success on 05:53 - Mar 3 by timcocking

Not really, no.

On dreaded paper, i don't think there's any doubting the quality in the squad 'at Championship level' as they like to say. So if i was a neutral observer, i'd think playoffs was a failure.

As a QPR fan however, it's what i expected.

We'll almost certainly lose in the playoff final, most likely in a particularly cruel and unjust fashion. Probably to Reading. Gorkss with a last minute winner :-(

The thing is the neutral observerers think this squad is a lot better than it really is
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024