Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wow 12:20 - Mar 3 with 2171 viewssimmo

Betting company Paddy Power are offering a "Money-Back Special" on the Oscar Pistorius trial. Punters will get their money back if he is found not guilty

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/oscar-pistorius-paddy-power-promp

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Wow on 12:23 - Mar 3 with 2155 viewsQPunkR

Christ Whatever next?

QPR - "shit but local"

Wow on 12:38 - Mar 3 with 2077 viewsqprdan

Horrible isn't it!!,

A question too, is this still sport?, Sky Sports News have it rolling across the screen that he has pleaded not guilty, it is news but its murder trial...
Wow on 12:39 - Mar 3 with 2067 viewsisawqpratwcity

How the f*ck does that work?

You bet that he's guilty, and if he is they give you your stake back plus your winnings, and if he's not guilty, they give you your stake back?

Are they also selling pound coins for 75p?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Wow on 13:09 - Mar 3 with 1973 viewsHunterhoop

They're simply trying to encourage people to bet "guilty" instead of "not guilty", so they get their money back. PP clearly reckon the outcome will be not guilty (they've priced it as 2/5, whereas guilty is 7/4).

They're simply trying to minimise the payout, attract media attention and get punters signed up.
Wow on 13:11 - Mar 3 with 1954 viewskingsburyR

There's a dead woman and a grieving family in all this.

Tasteless is not the word. Why the fu(k would you open a book on the verdict?

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Wow on 13:13 - Mar 3 with 1944 viewsHunterhoop

Wow on 13:11 - Mar 3 by kingsburyR

There's a dead woman and a grieving family in all this.

Tasteless is not the word. Why the fu(k would you open a book on the verdict?

Don't disagree. This is Paddy Power. Attention seeking is what they do. Sometime's it's funny, sometimes is not.

Just explaining to the poster above why they're doing it. They're not morons. Crass, yes. Morons, no.
Wow on 13:29 - Mar 3 with 1901 viewssimmo

Wow on 13:13 - Mar 3 by Hunterhoop

Don't disagree. This is Paddy Power. Attention seeking is what they do. Sometime's it's funny, sometimes is not.

Just explaining to the poster above why they're doing it. They're not morons. Crass, yes. Morons, no.

I don't think they're stupid, I just thought it was a bit much... A full blown advertising campaign etc to promote odds on a murder case.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Wow on 14:49 - Mar 3 with 1796 viewsisawqpratwcity

Wow on 13:09 - Mar 3 by Hunterhoop

They're simply trying to encourage people to bet "guilty" instead of "not guilty", so they get their money back. PP clearly reckon the outcome will be not guilty (they've priced it as 2/5, whereas guilty is 7/4).

They're simply trying to minimise the payout, attract media attention and get punters signed up.

Please, bear with me. I strongly believe that betting is a mug's game. It's why bookies are rich while their customers are generally going in the other direction.

(And I'm not commenting on the morality of this either, staying well away from that one (I think he's probably guilty anyway))...

1 Are there only two outcomes, guilty or not guilty?

2 If so, then no matter what the odds are for either outcome, you lump on at least enough on a guilty bet to cover your not guilty bet.

You could just do a guilty bet, as it's a no-loss option, but if they've mis-priced not guilty, giving the advantage to punters, you'd be mad not to have a chunk of that, too.

Have I misunderstood the bets? Are the possibilities not a simple pair of G/NG?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Login to get fewer ads

Wow on 16:32 - Mar 3 with 1673 viewsrobith

I had a job interview at Paddies once in their marketing team - they actually have a department called their Mischief Team. Basically they come up with ideas that will wind people up and get them free coverage and maintain their brand image as the cheeky, punter's friend.

This one clearly didn't have enough due process. It just comes across as crass and cynical, like a lot of their marketing and advertising (I told them that, maybe why I didn't get the job)
Wow on 19:17 - Mar 3 with 1554 viewsHollowayRanger

sick trying to make money out of a dead girl a murdered one in my view at that

pity they werent around when the ripper was about

they could have made up loads of bets on that

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Wow on 19:46 - Mar 3 with 1523 viewshoopstilidie

With great Paddy Power should come great Paddy Responsibility.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Wow on 01:46 - Mar 4 with 1391 viewsSonofNorfolt

Hoping to get a treble in with three homes(guilty verdicts) on Knox, Pistorius and Derwani.

Then will put my winnings on Tom Cruise coming out and at least 10000 Ukranians being killed by the end of March.
Wow on 15:47 - Mar 4 with 1223 viewsBucksRanger

Wow on 01:46 - Mar 4 by SonofNorfolt

Hoping to get a treble in with three homes(guilty verdicts) on Knox, Pistorius and Derwani.

Then will put my winnings on Tom Cruise coming out and at least 10000 Ukranians being killed by the end of March.

Paddy Power's official preliminary results were out this morning. They included a couple of interesting quotes.

"In the first half of the year sports results went backwards and forwards like a naked Miley Cyrus riding a wrecking ball."

"Not since finding a fluffy tuppence down the back of the sofa were the Scots as happy - Andy Murray wins Wimbledon - triggering a massive money-back special."
Wow on 16:55 - Mar 4 with 1173 viewsimustbemad

Cheltenham must be round the corner. All publicity is good publicity.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024