Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
57 travel-restricting 'bubble' football matches 20:14 - Mar 10 with 2821 viewsRfromItaly

These need to be challenged urgently if we want freedom;

http://www.manifestoclub.com/node/1041

Author of book about Venice, and football articles including personal QPR interviews with Bowles and Marsh. See website: www.dstandish.com

57 travel-restricting 'bubble' football matches on 20:50 - Mar 10 with 2728 viewsNathanNI

Couldn't agree more.
57 travel-restricting 'bubble' football matches (n/t) on 20:59 - Mar 10 with 2701 viewsqueensparker

Why the hell is Huddersfield v Hull on there??? Is this some king of mental, vicious inter-Yorkshire feud we're not aware of?
[Post edited 10 Mar 2014 21:00]
57 travel-restricting 'bubble' football matches (n/t) on 21:18 - Mar 10 with 2658 viewsPlumsteadQPR

57 travel-restricting 'bubble' football matches (n/t) on 20:59 - Mar 10 by queensparker

Why the hell is Huddersfield v Hull on there??? Is this some king of mental, vicious inter-Yorkshire feud we're not aware of?
[Post edited 10 Mar 2014 21:00]

Don't quote me on it but I think the two clubs got together and fought the restrictions on behalf of their fans. And won?
57 travel-restricting 'bubble' football matches on 21:50 - Mar 10 with 2588 viewsRfromItaly

if we don't fight this, we can forget about Rs Vs Scum or Fulham, our matches Vs Barnsley could be restricted. And I travel from Italy, like many Euro fans, so official buses are often impossible

Author of book about Venice, and football articles including personal QPR interviews with Bowles and Marsh. See website: www.dstandish.com

57 travel-restricting 'bubble' football matches on 22:42 - Mar 10 with 2543 viewsLblock

I'm a staunch right winger but with caveats and this is one of them

I strongly believe in freedom of people and expression as long as no offence, outrage or danger caused
I'm sick and tired of losing all my rights when I travel to different parts of the country just because there's a match on

I was also sick of being chased out of fields, warehouses and clubs by the OB back in the day!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

57 travel-restricting 'bubble' football matches on 07:42 - Mar 11 with 2449 viewsmerseyhoop

I live not far from Chester, there is some hatred between Chester & Wrexham going back years, all comes down to English/Welsh hatred going over the top. Also the same with Tranmere Wrexham, in part this is covered in Kevin Sampson's excellent book Awaydays, good read and takes you back to the 80s era.

Remember years back reading a Four Four Two covering the most volatile derbies in world football and Chester Wrexham was included, very surprised at the time.

U Rs
57 travel-restricting 'bubble' football matches on 10:21 - Mar 11 with 2362 viewsKonk

I know it’s both clubs main derby, but Chester v Wrexham being a bubble match is a joke — how many hardcore idiots do either side turn out for that game? 100 tops? Surely the local police can keep on top of that in two small towns/cities without the need for a bubble? But the dic kheads who insist on acting up at the football give the police the perfect excuse for introducing sh it like this.

This is what annoys me about people who trot out the old bol locks about football violence being purely like-minded souls going at it and not bothering anyone else: which conveniently ignores games being moved to midday kick-offs on a Sunday, pubs being shut before/after games, dry trains, bubble-trips, all-ticket fixtures, away allocations being reduced, the main argument for retaining all-seater stadia from a policing perspective, huge policing bills for clubs and tax-payers in general and non-football fans being inconvenienced/intimidated.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

57 travel-restricting 'bubble' football matches on 13:24 - Mar 11 with 2256 viewsmerseyhoop

Found the link for the Four Four Two article, good read.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/wales-v-england-poor-v-rich-its-wrexham-vs-c

You do not think these two teams would warrant the type of hatred experienced at some games, best bit is about being able to shoot a Welshman within the city walls of Chester after sunset - I'm off to purchase a long bow.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024