Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Someone needed to have a word with Ravel 00:08 - Mar 26 with 2400 viewschris1969

He got so frustrated with the ref, it was a red card waiting to happen. Surprised Barton and Hill didn't calm him down earlier, the only one to notice was Tom Carroll who tried to no avail. Correct move by Harry to get him off.
Someone needed to have a word with Ravel on 00:14 - Mar 26 with 2385 viewsbosh67

Errr, he was tripped twice on the edge of their area and got nothing. He was right to ask the ref why and obviously said nothing that was going to get him remotely booked. He got hurt at the end of the first half and hobbled around for most of the second half, bar the incredible freekick he took. He was limping more as the half went on and they had to take him off. He wasn't taken off because he was a red card waiting to happen. That only happens if you get kicked in the shin by an opposing player by accident.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Someone needed to have a word with Ravel on 00:26 - Mar 26 with 2348 viewschris1969

He should have got 2 free kicks and didn't and then spent 5 minutes sulking and getting booked for an stupid challenge and feigning injury.

He was taken off before he got booked again.
Someone needed to have a word with Ravel on 00:44 - Mar 26 with 2320 viewssmegma

Someone needed to have a word with Ravel on 00:26 - Mar 26 by chris1969

He should have got 2 free kicks and didn't and then spent 5 minutes sulking and getting booked for an stupid challenge and feigning injury.

He was taken off before he got booked again.

It also affected his game. Spent more time whingeing at the clueless ref than just getting on with the game.
Someone needed to have a word with Ravel on 09:59 - Mar 26 with 2148 viewskingo

The ref was clueless. Fouls were happening right infront of him and he didn't give anything, Wigan were very physical in the first half and he didn't speak to any of them. With regard to Ravel, they were petrified of him and tried to disrupt his game and unfortunately the ref let them get away with it. There was one incident in the second half, where he was blantantly pushed in the back, the ref saw it and waved play on, so he had every right to feel hard done by. Yet up the other end he was giving free kicks around the box like they were going out of fashion.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Someone needed to have a word with Ravel on 10:27 - Mar 26 with 2121 viewsNeil_SI

This was his most interesting performance to date, which tells you a lot about his make up and character. He's clearly a very gifted footballer, there's no doubt about that, and I was impressed with some of his play last night, particularly because Wigan did a good job of containing him.

What impressed was the manner he adapted his game, to find the ball and still make an impact in another way and what a strike for the free kick.

But, there were clues. The way he was shackled frustrated him, as did many other things, from not getting the ball when and where he wanted it, to the constant tackles he received, some which he was a little unlucky with not to get something, others where it was fair and square.

He became overly aggressive and continued in that vein, shouting at anybody and everybody, and constantly arguing. I could have sworn and was absolutely convinced that I saw him kick another player and lash out, but maybe my eyes deceived me as it was just off the ball and the Wigan player didn't really make a lot of it.

Then from there, there were a couple more little lash outs and flare ups, and I really thought he was going to get himself sent off. It was a good move to remove him from proceedings, and it should have happened earlier, no matter how good he is.

That's an area of his game and maturity he needs to find. It's hard to know what the cause was, that led him down that path, but my feeling is the annoyance of not being in control and doing as he pleases on and off the ball was getting to him. And for me, that's the obvious sign of youth and something for him to work on — I could almost see into the future, if he doesn't sort that side out, he will see himself pick up red cards down the line.

Similarly for once, I was really impressed with how Barton kept himself cool. They pressed and harassed him, often kicking him after the ball had gone, but cleverly. And he didn't bite back, he just got on with his game, so in that sense, I was impressed and pleased. Ordinarily I'd expect him to lose it at some point, both in terms of his focus on the match and perceived injustice.
Someone needed to have a word with Ravel on 10:29 - Mar 26 with 2111 viewslondonscottish

EDIT AS SI's POST JUST APPEARED - I agree that midway through the second half Morison looked like he'd cracked under all the abuse. He was getting very twitchy indeed. I was surprised that Hill/Barton didn't have a word at that point because he looked like he was right on the edge.

Managed to calm himself down in the end and got on with it.

How the ref let Wigan get away with it God knows. And the lino on the SA Road was ignoring it all too. At one point in the first half one of their CB's wrestled Bobbie to the floor blatantly right in front of him and he did nothing.

Good battling performance from Rangers.

And yes, Barton really did put a shift in. He put some fabulous last gasp blocking tackles in all the way through.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2014 10:32]

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Someone needed to have a word with Ravel on 11:06 - Mar 26 with 2047 viewsfrancisbowles

Someone needed to have a word with Ravel on 10:27 - Mar 26 by Neil_SI

This was his most interesting performance to date, which tells you a lot about his make up and character. He's clearly a very gifted footballer, there's no doubt about that, and I was impressed with some of his play last night, particularly because Wigan did a good job of containing him.

What impressed was the manner he adapted his game, to find the ball and still make an impact in another way and what a strike for the free kick.

But, there were clues. The way he was shackled frustrated him, as did many other things, from not getting the ball when and where he wanted it, to the constant tackles he received, some which he was a little unlucky with not to get something, others where it was fair and square.

He became overly aggressive and continued in that vein, shouting at anybody and everybody, and constantly arguing. I could have sworn and was absolutely convinced that I saw him kick another player and lash out, but maybe my eyes deceived me as it was just off the ball and the Wigan player didn't really make a lot of it.

Then from there, there were a couple more little lash outs and flare ups, and I really thought he was going to get himself sent off. It was a good move to remove him from proceedings, and it should have happened earlier, no matter how good he is.

That's an area of his game and maturity he needs to find. It's hard to know what the cause was, that led him down that path, but my feeling is the annoyance of not being in control and doing as he pleases on and off the ball was getting to him. And for me, that's the obvious sign of youth and something for him to work on — I could almost see into the future, if he doesn't sort that side out, he will see himself pick up red cards down the line.

Similarly for once, I was really impressed with how Barton kept himself cool. They pressed and harassed him, often kicking him after the ball had gone, but cleverly. And he didn't bite back, he just got on with his game, so in that sense, I was impressed and pleased. Ordinarily I'd expect him to lose it at some point, both in terms of his focus on the match and perceived injustice.

You are spot on. I thought I saw him lash out as well.

I think he should have been taken off earlier, as I would rather we had dropped some points than lose him for three games, but can understand why Harry was reluctant to do so.

I think in the end removing him was a mixture of injury and his attitude.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024