Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Unthinkable 14:20 - Apr 6 with 3166 viewsWeaverQPR

Harry Redknapp is retained for another season in the championship. Ive not seen anything quoted from HR that should we fail this season that he will resign. So with a year left and massive debts could you imagine another season of this?

@WeavQPR

The Unthinkable on 14:24 - Apr 6 with 2171 viewsSpiritofGregory

We are talking about money grabbing Harry, there's not a chance of him resigning.
The Unthinkable on 14:25 - Apr 6 with 2166 viewsTheBlob

Sure as hell don't another year of the shit that gets posted on this board.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

The Unthinkable on 14:26 - Apr 6 with 2160 viewsNeil_SI

I do think whatever happens we'll see plenty of activity in the transfer market over the summer, whether we're in the Premier League or Championship and whether Harry Redknapp is still with us or not.

I don't think they're stupid, I think they know what they need, but whether they can get what they need is another matter altogether. There's been a lack of pace and legs across the side, so they've got to try and address that.

I think we'll see changes to the central defence, even if Clint Hill and Richard Dunne stay on. They've got to get away from an ageing pairing at the back, because the side is set up to protect that lack of pace, both when we were in the Premier League and this season in the Championship.

To evolve the team and style of play going forward, then they need to make some changes here to start that process. Whenever we've not protected the defence with an extra man in midfield, we've looked quite vulnerable. It's why Nedum Onouha's presence in the side is important, because he gives us an option to move forward, but we also need defenders who are a little better on the ball the the current crop as well.

The club really need to have identified its targets already and be on the case, seeing who they can secure and to try and do their business early. But as ever at QPR, there's so much up in air that you really wonder if they're anywhere near to doing that and whether it will be another case of players arriving late in the window and on the final transfer deadline day.
The Unthinkable on 14:27 - Apr 6 with 2156 viewsHollowayRanger

just give him no more transfer money to waste

and a list of players to sell /release

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

The Unthinkable on 14:30 - Apr 6 with 2143 viewsSpiritofGregory

The Unthinkable on 14:27 - Apr 6 by HollowayRanger

just give him no more transfer money to waste

and a list of players to sell /release

Harry has another year so he won't walk away, he'll wait for the board to pay him off. Unfortunately Harry holds all the trump cards.
The Unthinkable on 14:30 - Apr 6 with 2142 viewsLblock

I think season tickets sales would drop through the floor

I've never considered giving mine up before after going through countless seasons of shite, relegations and significant price hikes. However recent health issues and 3 seasons of dross with players earning fortunes and giving little in return mean consideration this summer

TF and Bungle must surely realise Old Jerky hasn't got the stomach, the minerals or the coaching ability to take this club forward no matter what level it's at?

Lucky old Leicester, 1st week in April and already they can plan for next two or three seasons as they know their budget.
We're still in limbo land but TF and Bungle can at least be looking at Plan A and Plan B but whether they've got the gumption or a clue to do so is the question

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The Unthinkable on 14:34 - Apr 6 with 2119 viewsN12Hoop

If TF wants us to have any chance in the playoffs they should get rid of him now, even if it means going with a temp manager for the last few weeks of the season. I just can't see Harry getting the tactics or motivation right to give us a chance of going up. He should go NOW!

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

The Unthinkable on 14:35 - Apr 6 with 2119 viewsWeaverQPR

The Unthinkable on 14:26 - Apr 6 by Neil_SI

I do think whatever happens we'll see plenty of activity in the transfer market over the summer, whether we're in the Premier League or Championship and whether Harry Redknapp is still with us or not.

I don't think they're stupid, I think they know what they need, but whether they can get what they need is another matter altogether. There's been a lack of pace and legs across the side, so they've got to try and address that.

I think we'll see changes to the central defence, even if Clint Hill and Richard Dunne stay on. They've got to get away from an ageing pairing at the back, because the side is set up to protect that lack of pace, both when we were in the Premier League and this season in the Championship.

To evolve the team and style of play going forward, then they need to make some changes here to start that process. Whenever we've not protected the defence with an extra man in midfield, we've looked quite vulnerable. It's why Nedum Onouha's presence in the side is important, because he gives us an option to move forward, but we also need defenders who are a little better on the ball the the current crop as well.

The club really need to have identified its targets already and be on the case, seeing who they can secure and to try and do their business early. But as ever at QPR, there's so much up in air that you really wonder if they're anywhere near to doing that and whether it will be another case of players arriving late in the window and on the final transfer deadline day.

Who will be identifing these targets if its not HR? Who is deciding whos contract to renew? Phil Beard? I can see this summer being another shambles.
If we dont go up HR needs to get sacked on the monday morning,we can't afford to have weeks of will he won't he stay.

@WeavQPR

Login to get fewer ads

The Unthinkable on 14:44 - Apr 6 with 2086 viewsSpiritofGregory

The Unthinkable on 14:35 - Apr 6 by WeaverQPR

Who will be identifing these targets if its not HR? Who is deciding whos contract to renew? Phil Beard? I can see this summer being another shambles.
If we dont go up HR needs to get sacked on the monday morning,we can't afford to have weeks of will he won't he stay.

The club needs to forget about players contracts, they should be concentrating on finding the next manager. There also needs to be a wage cap.
The Unthinkable on 14:58 - Apr 6 with 2057 viewsessextaxiboy

Take on a new "young and hungry" manager and you take a gamble with another years parachute money .

I think he will go but if we stuck with him I think we woill be challenging all year again .
The Unthinkable on 15:10 - Apr 6 with 2018 viewsWeaverQPR

If he does stay on then he should be told no loan signings from PL, blood our own youngsters and no signing of over 30 yo.

@WeavQPR

The Unthinkable on 15:16 - Apr 6 with 1994 viewsNeil_SI

Who knows? Your guess is as good as mine.

If the club had solid foundations in place, in terms of a playing identity and recruitment policy that hooked into that, it would be easier for the club to do this, whoever the manager, and that manager would also fit into that philosophy and way of thinking, so you'd hope any targets they'd identify would be in some ways reasonably similar to what any future manager might want or like to work with.

But I agree, any uncertainty surrounding the direction of the club is not going to help and should be addressed as quickly as possible.
The Unthinkable (n/t) on 15:27 - Apr 6 with 1973 viewsRangersAreBack

[Post edited 6 Apr 2014 15:47]
The Unthinkable on 15:31 - Apr 6 with 1962 viewsWeaverQPR

The club philosophy should not be 'throw more money at it'

@WeavQPR

The Unthinkable on 15:39 - Apr 6 with 1938 viewsTHEBUSH

The Unthinkable on 15:16 - Apr 6 by Neil_SI

Who knows? Your guess is as good as mine.

If the club had solid foundations in place, in terms of a playing identity and recruitment policy that hooked into that, it would be easier for the club to do this, whoever the manager, and that manager would also fit into that philosophy and way of thinking, so you'd hope any targets they'd identify would be in some ways reasonably similar to what any future manager might want or like to work with.

But I agree, any uncertainty surrounding the direction of the club is not going to help and should be addressed as quickly as possible.

Mark Hughes thought he had all the foundations in place, but that don't mean success.

It's so easy for us to criticise our club, could we get it right, don't think so.

As far as I know, Harry Redknapp has another year to run on his contract, so looks like he'll stay and continue.

Considering our financial woes, can't see any other alternative.
The Unthinkable on 15:40 - Apr 6 with 1934 viewsWeaverQPR

Club direction on the pitch, identity and philosophy this is what I would like TF to clarify but my guess is he doesnt have a clue what direction he wants us to go in as its all about the off field..
These are the questions you would like to see put to him.

@WeavQPR

The Unthinkable on 15:41 - Apr 6 with 1931 viewsHollowayRanger

The Unthinkable on 14:30 - Apr 6 by SpiritofGregory

Harry has another year so he won't walk away, he'll wait for the board to pay him off. Unfortunately Harry holds all the trump cards.

yet again the club were stupid and sold a dummy

redknapp should have been given a contract where if he didnt keep us up the board had he option to dismiss him for a fair amount (not full contract) and again if kept an option to dismiss jim for not taking us back up

there are hundreds of decent managers out there who would have signed anything for he chance of managing in premiership

,still he hasnt FAILED THIS SEASON YET!

WIN THE PLAYOFFS and everything is forgiven but fail! and he should be slaughtered

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

The Unthinkable on 15:46 - Apr 6 with 1913 viewsRangersAreBack

This strategy should come from the board with clear parameters and restrictions set. Unfortunately our board allow successive managers to run rings around them.

Furthermore the board should keep tabs on contracts and veto the manager if it's in the interests of the club. For example, given that he has played poorly for 2 months, is on a reported 20k per week (with FFP looming), and we have cover at CB, Dunne should not have been allowed to reach the milestone that would trigger an automatic contract extension.
The Unthinkable on 15:54 - Apr 6 with 1880 viewsparker64

The Unthinkable on 15:46 - Apr 6 by RangersAreBack

This strategy should come from the board with clear parameters and restrictions set. Unfortunately our board allow successive managers to run rings around them.

Furthermore the board should keep tabs on contracts and veto the manager if it's in the interests of the club. For example, given that he has played poorly for 2 months, is on a reported 20k per week (with FFP looming), and we have cover at CB, Dunne should not have been allowed to reach the milestone that would trigger an automatic contract extension.

I thought it odd Dunn chose to come for just a season in the first place.

Dunn: Listen, Harry, thanks for the offer but I really need more than a season at my age and well, I've been injured a bit too.

Harry: Rich, hmmmm, Board aren't sure - TF's had his trousers pulled down in the past with signing sick notes. Tell you what, I'll suggest you get another year if you play 30 appearances - I'll see you right and even push you out in a zimmer if needed, you're a good sort.

Dunn: Cheers, gaffer, send the contract over.
The Unthinkable on 15:54 - Apr 6 with 1879 viewsonlyrinmoray

Im quite happy if we dont go up I think Harry will jump or be pushed If this makes Tony F have a re think give Hitchcock Donaldson Harriman and some of the under 18s side of a year ago a chance, so be it
The moneymen wont be happy but we need a rethink
Then again if Im at Wembley watching the Rs in the Play Off final do I want them to lose....hmmmn
The Unthinkable on 15:54 - Apr 6 with 1879 viewsBasingstokeR

Ian Butterworth?
The Unthinkable on 15:55 - Apr 6 with 1873 viewsjohnnyl14

The Unthinkable on 14:26 - Apr 6 by Neil_SI

How much activity in the transfer market depends on a possible 'Transfer Embargo' next season.
The Unthinkable on 16:01 - Apr 6 with 1858 viewsBklynRanger

I think a big part of the reason that people are ok with not going up is the idea of getting rid of HR and going back to basics in a few different ways. To end up stuck with this for another season would be grim.
The Unthinkable on 16:07 - Apr 6 with 1842 viewsDiscodroid

i remember staging a kamakazie like one man holy crusade against the expulsion of richard thompson...(used to drive dave thomas mad as a.k.u.r's...)

im actually feeling the same ...how can i put this..discontent with 'h' and his two primates.

i think hes omission will neither weaken or strengthen our chances in the playoffs...

he just....is.

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

The Unthinkable on 16:08 - Apr 6 with 1841 viewsstuabd

I think Tony will 'persuade' Harry to stay for another season (continuity - long-term strategy etc etc). We are sure to see quite a few players coming into the club. You have to hope they have some targets in mind.

Tony loves his plans and I think he'll have sold the board a two year strategy to get back into the premiership. The pressure to get results next season will be intense and if we don't start well, Tony will act pretty swiftly to replace him.

Next season could be a tougher league with a rejuvenated Wolves team and, although it doesn't often work like that, the relegated teams might keep their core players and have strong squads. I really think we've missed a big chance to get auto promotion as there aren't any really good teams this season and we could and should have been top 2.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024