Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Death of Football Culture 17:51 - Apr 10 with 1928 viewsBrixtonR

http://supportersnotcustomers.com/

Saw this on a Millwall website, thought it was interesting. Sorry if already posted
Death of Football Culture on 18:28 - Apr 10 with 1863 viewsgigiisourgod

Excellent read, thanks for sharing.
Death of Football Culture on 18:30 - Apr 10 with 1859 viewsterryb

I really enjoyed this read.

The report on the Spackenberg derby was incredible. I want to go!
Death of Football Culture on 18:46 - Apr 10 with 1832 viewsDevonrrr

Interesting read and difficult to disagree with much of it. The most significant point i think he makes is this one; "With a new breed of supporters eager to get their hands on tickets, it made it easier for clubs to raise their prices without serious process. After all, for every lifelong working class supporter they drove away, there would be ten more people willing to take their place." Although you do not have to be working class to be a lifelong supporter. All well and good us building a 30 - 40k capacity stadium and perhaps filling it for a season or two but what happens when results are average and the novelty has worn off?
Death of Football Culture on 18:51 - Apr 10 with 1819 viewsextratimeR

This article is spot on, we are losing our game, its amazing how the authorities are allowing kids to be priced out of the game.

What other industry would do everything it could to destroy its future customer base?

Love the comment about dragging them home by the hair in Newport.
Death of Football Culture on 19:08 - Apr 10 with 1797 viewszicoshoops

Great read, nail hit firmly on the head.
The only 'Asset' any Club has are the supporters.
We've spunked the best part of £200 Million going nowhere..... and the talk is of 'Sweating the Assets'
A pox upon them.............I've sweated enough.
Death of Football Culture on 19:46 - Apr 10 with 1721 viewsthemodfather

the half and half scarves show the fans buying them don't care for their club, why would i want a qpr/chelsea scarf?? i hate em.....
face paints and sponge hands, modern football=puke.
yes there must be a place for families and women and those who want quiet
those were the seating areas....
football is passionless imo bans were meant to stop the thugs not a few songs, standing or having a beer too many
my mate gave up his arsenal seat cos he got a letter home along the lines of " you have been identified for persistent standing and are being monitored" , he now leaves london and goes up to ibrox for the day out and "real football" every other saturday.
see how the face of england fans has changed yet many see us as the thugs of old, our fans attacked in croatia and little done! english club fans axed, stabbed all over uefa tournaments, who's banned? roma? lazio? galatasaray?? = none.
Death of Football Culture on 20:20 - Apr 10 with 1667 viewsbenbu

Very good read! That pr1ck with the half and half scarf sums up modern football for me too, no sense of the rivalry between those clubs or any clue about the history.

I didn't quite agree with the mk dons section, I have never had anything against the way they were formed. Nobody would care if afc Wimbledon didn't form few years after but now it seems like they cheated to a league place when in my opinion they didn't.

Sky ruin a lot for fans that go. Fixture changes travel costs they don't give a t0ss and it's all to suit their viewers.

Atmosphere in prem grounds is cr@p that was what I was disappointed with the most after our promotion
Death of Football Culture on 20:48 - Apr 10 with 1634 viewsBrightonhoop

Really good read. He's not wrong about Newport, either.
Login to get fewer ads

Death of Football Culture on 20:49 - Apr 10 with 1627 viewsMonahoop

Death of Football Culture on 20:20 - Apr 10 by benbu

Very good read! That pr1ck with the half and half scarf sums up modern football for me too, no sense of the rivalry between those clubs or any clue about the history.

I didn't quite agree with the mk dons section, I have never had anything against the way they were formed. Nobody would care if afc Wimbledon didn't form few years after but now it seems like they cheated to a league place when in my opinion they didn't.

Sky ruin a lot for fans that go. Fixture changes travel costs they don't give a t0ss and it's all to suit their viewers.

Atmosphere in prem grounds is cr@p that was what I was disappointed with the most after our promotion

A great read and a good few truths there.

Sorry benbu, but I am one of many football followers who detest that team in Buckinghamshire, Franchise. I never refer to them by their 'adopted' name such is my loathing of them. Call me old fashioned, I don't care, that's just my view of them, their messiah Winkelman and what might become of more football teams in the future if not careful.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024