Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Atletico v Barca 23:15 - Apr 9 with 1175 viewsBrightonhoop

Intersting game. Good starting point. Tactical noose, or nous, play ofr 100 mins and win. Good starting point for Arry boy. It, as a system, beats Barca, and does not GO DOWN to 10 man Bournemouth....just saying.
Atletico v Barca on 23:23 - Apr 9 with 925 viewsdaveB

they do have some of the best players in europe playing for them as well which helps.

Cracking game tonight though, Simeone has done a brilliant job with them
Atletico v Barca on 23:32 - Apr 9 with 916 viewsBrightonhoop

They do Dave. But, and it's a big but, what differentiates a man from a charlatan? Every single man on the pitch played for 100 mins to WIN. And then spent 20 mins on the pitch applauding the support. Even the Barca supporters applauded Atletico. Here, that is us congratulating the scum. Redknapp is an aged pox that needs to go. Not just for QPR but for the English Game. Precisely why he was not given the nod from England. He's king of the knuts and no mistake. 10 manned Bournemouth, should we expect a result? Damned fcking right, I hate and detest the scrote. Followed Rangers since 1975 and have NEVER wished for an end to the season.
Atletico v Barca on 08:11 - Apr 10 with 835 viewsdoogi55

yeah but barca didnt play that well whuich helped a lot
Atletico v Barca on 08:47 - Apr 10 with 807 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I missed it last night, but it's a good result for world football.

I've had a soft spot for Barca since I ws a kid. They're fan-owned, play great football, are an underdog to Real Madrid, have a tortured history and oh Sweet Jesus do they know how to play the poor mouth.

But their lustre is dulling considerably. First they take shirt sponsorship, and in a very calcualted sly way too, using Unicef as a bridge to their big sell-out, then the gigantically unfair TV deal, then that odious Rossell is elected, then Neymar, and now the U-18 poaching. Perhaps they needed a lesson.

On the footballing front the Barca-Real zxis needed breking also. Atletico are a nice team, expensive but not gaudy, they work hard and play a a ferocious pace. They're a treat to watch. They may have been fortunate in the first leg to concede only one, but by all accounts they deserved to go through over the two legs. Best of luck to them.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Atletico v Barca on 09:00 - Apr 10 with 798 viewsBrightonhoop

Atletico v Barca on 08:47 - Apr 10 by BrianMcCarthy

I missed it last night, but it's a good result for world football.

I've had a soft spot for Barca since I ws a kid. They're fan-owned, play great football, are an underdog to Real Madrid, have a tortured history and oh Sweet Jesus do they know how to play the poor mouth.

But their lustre is dulling considerably. First they take shirt sponsorship, and in a very calcualted sly way too, using Unicef as a bridge to their big sell-out, then the gigantically unfair TV deal, then that odious Rossell is elected, then Neymar, and now the U-18 poaching. Perhaps they needed a lesson.

On the footballing front the Barca-Real zxis needed breking also. Atletico are a nice team, expensive but not gaudy, they work hard and play a a ferocious pace. They're a treat to watch. They may have been fortunate in the first leg to concede only one, but by all accounts they deserved to go through over the two legs. Best of luck to them.

I think you are right Brian, Barca are being taught a few lessons. Same as you I had a soft spot for them as the under dog but in real terms they are not. Locally everyone is just glad to see the Real-Barca monopoly broken, and Atletico whilst not poor, deserve this, they are playing brilliantly. The players spent 20 mins or so on the pitch after the final whistle applauding their support, and even the Barca supporters were applauding them. It was a great game.
Atletico v Barca on 09:07 - Apr 10 with 788 viewsDesertBoot

Atletico are really exciting to watch and really should have won three or four last night.
The stadium was absolutely rocking last night with Simeone orchestrating, I'd love them to win the double.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Atletico v Barca on 09:10 - Apr 10 with 785 viewspaulparker

was thinking the same things last night Brighton
Simeone was out of his seat, applauding every challenge, every shot , every save
when he wasn't doing that he was urging the crowd to get behind his players
the atmosphere was rocking and Barca for me didn't know what to do
it so reminded me of the days unders Ollie & Warnock
now compare that to old Bagpuss who sometimes gets out of his seat
who stands their not shouting any instructions, who shuffles around hand in his pockets
looking at the floor

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Atletico v Barca on 09:30 - Apr 10 with 764 viewsdaveB

Atletico v Barca on 23:32 - Apr 9 by Brightonhoop

They do Dave. But, and it's a big but, what differentiates a man from a charlatan? Every single man on the pitch played for 100 mins to WIN. And then spent 20 mins on the pitch applauding the support. Even the Barca supporters applauded Atletico. Here, that is us congratulating the scum. Redknapp is an aged pox that needs to go. Not just for QPR but for the English Game. Precisely why he was not given the nod from England. He's king of the knuts and no mistake. 10 manned Bournemouth, should we expect a result? Damned fcking right, I hate and detest the scrote. Followed Rangers since 1975 and have NEVER wished for an end to the season.

I know it's open season Redknapp at the moment but it seems a bit harsh to have a rant at him because we're not as good as Athletico Madrid.
Login to get fewer ads

Atletico v Barca on 09:36 - Apr 10 with 751 viewsJamie

The Dortmund-Real game on Tuesday was also brilliant. A team working on a shoestring budget in comparison, having their best players nicked gave Real the runaround and really should've gone on to win.
Atletico v Barca on 09:43 - Apr 10 with 748 viewspaulparker

Atletico v Barca on 09:30 - Apr 10 by daveB

I know it's open season Redknapp at the moment but it seems a bit harsh to have a rant at him because we're not as good as Athletico Madrid.

Dave I don't think he is comparing us to Athletico
what Brighton is talking about is how someone shows enthusiasm , has tactical nous
wants to be at the club & build something
don't forget a couple of years back Atletico were struggling in the Spanish league
it goes to show how a good team ethic, good buys and don't forget getting the right price for players (falcao) can do if you have a bloke who gives a s hit

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Atletico v Barca on 09:44 - Apr 10 with 748 viewsqueensparker

Atletico v Barca on 09:36 - Apr 10 by Jamie

The Dortmund-Real game on Tuesday was also brilliant. A team working on a shoestring budget in comparison, having their best players nicked gave Real the runaround and really should've gone on to win.

And again to be fair to Redknapp (as someone pointed out to me when I was shouting at him last week), I think it's his bad knee that means he's not up and down all the time.
Atletico v Barca on 09:59 - Apr 10 with 734 viewsdaveB

Atletico v Barca on 09:43 - Apr 10 by paulparker

Dave I don't think he is comparing us to Athletico
what Brighton is talking about is how someone shows enthusiasm , has tactical nous
wants to be at the club & build something
don't forget a couple of years back Atletico were struggling in the Spanish league
it goes to show how a good team ethic, good buys and don't forget getting the right price for players (falcao) can do if you have a bloke who gives a s hit

just seems a bit daft to bring up Redknapp when talking about Athletico. Don't get me wrong they are a great side and I'd love us to be half as good as them but it just feels like an unnecessary stick to beat him with
Atletico v Barca on 10:37 - Apr 10 with 708 viewsBrightonhoop

Atletico v Barca on 09:59 - Apr 10 by daveB

just seems a bit daft to bring up Redknapp when talking about Athletico. Don't get me wrong they are a great side and I'd love us to be half as good as them but it just feels like an unnecessary stick to beat him with

It's as much about the work ethic Dave, how the players give their absolute all and are prepared to win at any cost, it could easily have been 4-3 either way last night solely on hunger alone. They pay for each other, play out of their skins and wont lie down. The sheer grit and tenacity to win shines through.
There's no comparison to Redknapp and QPR currently. At all.
Atletico v Barca on 11:52 - Apr 10 with 672 viewsdaveB

your right there is no comparison really so not sure why you are making it
Atletico v Barca on 11:55 - Apr 10 with 668 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Atletico v Barca on 11:52 - Apr 10 by daveB

your right there is no comparison really so not sure why you are making it

I think he's comparing the grit and sheer tenacity, no?

Atletico v Barca on 11:56 - Apr 10 with 665 viewsTacticalR

Simeone is into the latest scientific methods
http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1764420/atletico-madrid-coach-diego-simeone-be

Air hostess clique

Atletico v Barca on 12:14 - Apr 10 with 641 viewsdaveB

Atletico v Barca on 11:55 - Apr 10 by BrianMcCarthy

I think he's comparing the grit and sheer tenacity, no?

they were playing in a champions league quarter final at home, there is obviously going to be more grit and effort than a tuesday night dead rubber against Blackburn.
Atletico v Barca on 12:22 - Apr 10 with 631 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Atletico v Barca on 12:14 - Apr 10 by daveB

they were playing in a champions league quarter final at home, there is obviously going to be more grit and effort than a tuesday night dead rubber against Blackburn.

Ah, Dave, seriously?

Our grit and whatever word he used has been utter sh1te all year. There's no defence for it. It's been embarrasing. It's not as if Tuesday was a new low. It's been pathetic all season. Old labradors on hash would show more urgency than most of our players.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2014 12:23]

Atletico v Barca on 12:22 - Apr 10 with 630 viewspaulparker

Atletico v Barca on 12:14 - Apr 10 by daveB

and the rest of the season & last ??
or are all those dead rubbers to

Atletico v Barca on 13:13 - Apr 10 with 592 viewsR_from_afar

Atletico v Barca on 09:30 - Apr 10 by daveB

But the issue is 'Arry's complete and utter lack of enthusiasm! He has approached the QPR job with all the relish of a prisoner on death row lighting his final fag. He has showed almost zero passion, and I really worry that his lack of enthusiasm and commitment rubs off on the players. He almost always gives the impression that he really can't be bothered with all things QPR, except, of course, the hefty pay cheque and the platform the job gives him to chunter on about England, other clubs, Beckham, Bale etc.

I've said it before and I will say it again, 3rd or 4th under Redknapp feels much worse than the same under, say, Warnock, because the former has all the passion of an empty crisp packet whereas the latter makes it clear that he is loving his job.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Atletico v Barca on 13:29 - Apr 10 with 573 viewsQPunkR

Agreed on the comparisons between Redknapp and Cholo.
Also, absolutely brilliant game last night. Atleti should've absolutely mashed Barca, they hit the woodwork three or four times. And that was without Arda Turan or Diego Costa!

QPR - "shit but local"

Atletico v Barca on 15:15 - Apr 10 with 531 viewsdaveB

The effort has been there most of the season, not anywhere near the level of Athletico in terms of style, tempo etc and I'd love us to play a similar way but our players are very different and not really good enough to play in that style, we've got a pragmatic bunch who are fine when they have control of the game playing it slow and containing the game, when we have tried to play open and attacking we've usually lost, as I say I just think it's an unfair comparison as the players and competitions are so different.
Atletico v Barca on 15:28 - Apr 10 with 523 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Atletico v Barca on 15:15 - Apr 10 by daveB

The effort has been there most of the season, not anywhere near the level of Athletico in terms of style, tempo etc and I'd love us to play a similar way but our players are very different and not really good enough to play in that style, we've got a pragmatic bunch who are fine when they have control of the game playing it slow and containing the game, when we have tried to play open and attacking we've usually lost, as I say I just think it's an unfair comparison as the players and competitions are so different.

Ok, point taken.

But, regardless of the level of competition, our crowd are by and large a lazy bunch of unprofessional wasters who wouldn't get out of their own way. It doesn't matter what competition you're playing in, pride is inherent. Or should be.

Atletico v Barca on 15:34 - Apr 10 with 516 viewspaulparker

don't forget this is a side (Atletico) who were in the doldrums a bit before simeone
came in, their fans were probably saying the same things that they couldn't play with pace, skill, passion etc or match and beat real & Barca
that comes down to the manager & his coaching team to implement
look at Bournemouth they have less superior players than us but they beat us by playing with the above, look at Burnley, Derby & Wigan under Rosler
they have weaker squads on paper than us but they manage to have
passion,pride, motivation, pace, skill, leadership
it came be done to a certain level its just we have a chancer who can't be ar sed

Atletico v Barca on 16:29 - Apr 10 with 481 viewsdaveB

Atletico v Barca on 15:28 - Apr 10 by BrianMcCarthy

Ok, point taken.

But, regardless of the level of competition, our crowd are by and large a lazy bunch of unprofessional wasters who wouldn't get out of their own way. It doesn't matter what competition you're playing in, pride is inherent. Or should be.

i always think pride and effort should come from within the player and to be honest I don't think pride has been the issue this year, we've not done that badly overall. Problems are a lot more to do with ability and not really having a good balance to the team, even at our best this season we've not looked right
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024