Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we sleepwalking to disaster. 14:37 - Apr 14 with 4839 viewsNOTRAC

Leighton James said a couple of weeks ago that we are sleepwalking to disaster.Since then we have lost another two games and play Newcastle away next week
Can anyone say with confidence that we'll get a point at Newcastle next week?
As we saw on Saturday teams around us are now winning games and the seriousness of our situation could become critical in a weeks time.
We then have two home games which we should expect to win.But we have only won five home matches all season.
We keep blaming referees and telling ourselves that we are too good to go down, but apart from Norwich we have come nowhere near winning a game since Cardiff.
To my mind we have a goalkeeper crisis and an inexperienced manager who has got no idea how to change a game if the need arises. Too many managers are exposing that inexperience.
The fact that this will go down to the wire makes me feel so critical of our laxness in not appreciating the danger signals in January and subsequent events.
We could end up being relegated as the best team ever to have done so.We could end up being relegated as the only team to make a profit in the same year.
I hope to damn we won't, but I also feel damn mad that it should have come down to this.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Are we sleepwalking to disaster. on 22:09 - Apr 14 with 777 viewsmorningstar

Are we sleepwalking to disaster. on 21:48 - Apr 14 by IAN05

Yeah, was looking at that the other day, but its everything else he brings that we couldn't cope without. His link up play and assists, not to mention the work he does defensively.

Equally important, who would you play in his absence ?

It's not a case of who I would play in his absence, but a total change in system should he become injured. Maybe similar to the line up we had when we beat Newcastle 3-0 with no striker! There are options, the one with him in we are usually beaten. But yeah I accept his all round play is very good, though I wouldn't say we are doomed without him. Honestly, if someone more tactically aware was in charge I really would try 4-6-0 especially at home. but maybe now is not the right time.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Are we sleepwalking to disaster. on 22:32 - Apr 14 with 747 viewsJackFish

Bony staying fit for most of the season has been huge for us. Imagine the trouble we'd be in now if we had to rely on Vazquez and N'Gog!
Are we sleepwalking to disaster. on 22:51 - Apr 14 with 714 viewsAngelRangelQS

We have been for well over a year now, except nobody has wanted to acknowledge it.
Are we sleepwalking to disaster. on 04:48 - Apr 15 with 649 viewsLord_Bony

Are we sleepwalking to disaster. on 16:27 - Apr 14 by Dr_Winston

Laudrup can take a significant share of the blame.

We needed decent cover for Bony. Instead he chose to go with an out pf position midfielder and Vasquez. We needed better cover out wide. Instead we stuck with Lamah. We needed decent cover at RB. Instead we got Tiendalli. We needed management of the team and the club to be pulling in one direction. Instead his mate tried to take over our transfer department (without his knowledge? Yeah, right!) and drove a wedge between him and the board. The players were clearly lacking in motivation and fitness, and our form over the last calendar year simply hadn't been good enough considering the investment in the squad.

The board are not innocent in this either. Replacing Laudrup was inevitable at some point, but to do it and then replace him with a complete novice to even youth coaching never mind Premier League management, let alone someone considered a "faction leader" was an arrogant, idiotic and completely unnecessary gamble. They've failed to get a grip on an obviously underperforming scouting dept, and mediocrity and a"jobs for the boys" attitude seems to stalk the coaching staff.

Complacency has set in, and arses need to be kicked.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Well said that man.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Are we sleepwalking to disaster. on 06:33 - Apr 15 with 636 viewsDr_Winston

Are we sleepwalking to disaster. on 21:37 - Apr 14 by morningstar

Really? Bony has got the goals this season Ian, but do you know how many points they have gained us? 2. A goal in the draw against Stoke, and the goal against Arsenal. All of his other goals have been in games that we have lost, or won comfortably anyway.

His defensive capability, assists and all round general presence (his run taking two Chelsea defenders out of Routs path on Sunday being another example) make him borderline irreplaceable regardless of any statistical anomaly regarding goals/points.

Let's face it, our alternatives are to play Michu there (proven by results over a year to be a bad idea), Ngog, Lita or Alvaro f*cking Vasquez.

Cheers Mikey.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Are we sleepwalking to disaster. on 07:59 - Apr 15 with 607 views1983

Are we sleepwalking to disaster. on 15:11 - Apr 14 by QuakerJack

Most goals in the bottom half, -5 goals when Fulham have -44 but are just 3 pts below. I'd say Leighton is spot on. It'll be the shock of the season if we go down but it'll be entirely our own making.

The board must take the majority of the blame, some unbelievably naive decisions, ameteurish even.

Exactly this spot on!

Newcastle & Southampton are on the beach (Saints will bring a full alocation due to £5 bus tickets)
Villa got no guts
Sunderland will be up for a battle

I think (hope) we will be fine but questions need to be answered it turning into bit of a shambles

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024