Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Doubters 11:05 - May 5 with 5218 viewsMagicDaps

It seems the doubters are out in force with the news that Garry Monk will be our manager next season.

The questioning of the board's motives is silly, as are calls for the lack of ambition. The board will appoint the best man for the job, just as they did when previous unambitious appointments were made such as Brendan Rodgers and Roberto Martinez. If that man happens to be Garry Monk, it's not because of finances but because HJ believes he's the man to take us forward.

"Who wants to play for Garry Monk?" We're in the Premier League, does any one seriously think that we rely on our manager knowing players/clubs to sign players? If we offer the right money to a club, regardless of whether Garry Monk knows them or not we're going to sign the player. We're not in League 2 where we had to rely on contacts as we didn't have money to persuade players to join.

The players have certainly showed their commitment towards the cause of Garry Monk, and that's what is important. Monk is a man that has got the very best out of players like Wilfried Bony, Pablo Hernandez and Jonathan De Guzman, the chances of the three of them will surely be improved as a result of a man who's got the best out of them staying.

As for calls for an experienced number two who knows the division, I wouldn't look past Alan Curtis for his number two (who does have experience in the division of course). As a club we have got experience of this division, we don't need someone undermining the way that the club has risen and need to just simply carry on our way of playing. Trying to make out that this sort of decision is a disaster is baffling.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Doubters on 09:55 - May 6 with 1080 viewslifelong

Doubters on 09:49 - May 6 by perchrockjack

Baffling choice of players? They weren't his though were they. He dealt with what he had to.
I m expecting him to clear out Pozuelo, Canas, Hernandez, Vorm if offers come in for them.
Its whom he replaces them with is what is key for me.
Im apprehensive but he s seems the choice so we have to hope. Its not the time to slag him off before he s started the new season. Im all for a bit of pessimism ut its far too early to rip into him now.

Just want to say a final fookoff you dead from the neck danishcoont .
there that s better

'Clear out Hernandez' why on earth would Monk want to get rid of one of our most talented and creative midfield players?
Doubters on 10:00 - May 6 with 1075 viewsperchrockjack

Because its my opinion that why. Creative? hmm stats?.

He s inconsistent as feck and can be blown away by sheer physicality and as I say on other thread how come nobody is exactly crawling over us to buy him. The best players are always the ones that are coveted by bigger clubs which is why Bony is so hot a property.
Anyway, we disagree again and that's fine.

I did forget to mention binning Chico ;in fact I seem to haver gone anti Spanish. I was reading Homage to Catalonia recently so that s my excuse.
REMEMBER GUERNICA

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Doubters on 10:06 - May 6 with 1065 viewsLord_Bony

Doubters on 10:00 - May 6 by perchrockjack

He s inconsistent as feck and can be blown away by sheer physicality and as I say on other thread how come nobody is exactly crawling over us to buy him. The best players are always the ones that are coveted by bigger clubs which is why Bony is so hot a property.

I did forget to mention binning Chico ;in fact I seem to haver gone anti Spanish. I was reading Homage to Catalonia recently so that s my excuse.
REMEMBER GUERNICA

I feel to see the correlation between The Spanish Civil War and our team selection for the next campaign.though we did have our own mini one in the camp of late.

I would agree about Chico though....I have my doubts

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Doubters on 10:06 - May 6 with 1064 viewsJackSomething

REMEMBER GUERNICA

If you think we can 'bin' Hernandez and replace him with a better player for less money, then I think you're sadly mistaken.

His inconsistency and lack of physicality are frustrating, but if they didn't exist, we would never have been able to sign a player with his talent.

Dislike stats all you like Perch, but it's a fact that he creates more goals for others per minute on the pitch than anyone else in the Premier League. Saying that's irrelevant is like saying Bony's 24 goals are irrelevant. That's a stat too you know.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Doubters on 10:12 - May 6 with 1056 viewsJoe_bradshaw

REMEMBER GUERNICA

So because no-one wants to buy him we should sell him?

Who to if there aren't any buyers?

It seems that Pablo isn't the only inconsistent one.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Doubters on 10:18 - May 6 with 1041 viewsperchrockjack

far come backs and good points but he is too easily knocks out of games. Im not doubting his skill but its not been manifested o the field enough for me and absolutely he could replaced for the same money.
Anyway, Spanish Civil War> Franco blew away the Catalans and banned their language. I believe CANAS is from down south Seville which Franco held supreme so it may be a cause of friction. Either that of the price of Chorizo

Doubters on 10:18 - May 6 with 1041 viewslifelong

Doubters on 10:12 - May 6 by Joe_bradshaw

So because no-one wants to buy him we should sell him?

Who to if there aren't any buyers?

It seems that Pablo isn't the only inconsistent one.

It's an old argument that Perchy puts forward, if the top clubs aren't queuing up to buy a player he's obviously useless so let's get rid of him.
Doubters on 10:21 - May 6 with 1034 viewsperchrockjack

No Rg its a simple fact that only good players attract interest. You may recall others who never seemed to have any suitors and smply ran down their contracts left us then disappeared or ended up playing for Banal Utd

Login to get fewer ads

Doubters on 10:23 - May 6 with 1033 viewsMusical_Swan

Doubters on 17:24 - May 5 by Brynmill_Jack

I'll definitely agree that he has got improvements out of the whole squad and that is brilliant, Chico being a massive case in point.
That's great but his tactical side when up against a Pochetino or Pulis even exposes him somewhat.

How about a Benitez?

Huw Jenkins... Nuff said!
Poll: On the whole, are the board doing a good job with our club?

Doubters on 10:24 - May 6 with 1028 viewsperchrockjack

is that a euphonism for something?

Doubters on 10:30 - May 6 with 1019 viewsMusical_Swan

Doubters on 10:24 - May 6 by perchrockjack

is that a euphonism for something?

No.

Huw Jenkins... Nuff said!
Poll: On the whole, are the board doing a good job with our club?

Doubters on 10:31 - May 6 with 1013 viewsperchrockjack

Thought as much

Doubters on 10:34 - May 6 with 1007 viewsJoe_bradshaw

So because there is no interest in Leon and considering that Wanyama bullied him a few times on Saturday we should get rid?

Is that the theory?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Doubters on 10:42 - May 6 with 990 viewsperchrockjack

No Joe but with respect Ive seen that argument put out before

Anyway Im done for today thanks

Doubters on 11:16 - May 6 with 954 viewsMagicDaps

Yes, let's get rid of the most creative player in the league.

If he was consistent, and not injury prone then he'd have his choice of going to any of the best clubs in the world.

To get rid of a player of his ability would be silly, especially considering Monk has shown he's able to get the best out of him. Thankfully, the club are fare too sensible to be flogging him any time soon and replacing him with a tough tackling attacking midfield player.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Doubters on 12:04 - May 6 with 879 viewsNikNac

Doubters on 11:16 - May 6 by MagicDaps

Yes, let's get rid of the most creative player in the league.

If he was consistent, and not injury prone then he'd have his choice of going to any of the best clubs in the world.

To get rid of a player of his ability would be silly, especially considering Monk has shown he's able to get the best out of him. Thankfully, the club are fare too sensible to be flogging him any time soon and replacing him with a tough tackling attacking midfield player.

Do you remember West Brom at home last year - now that was poetry

Or even West Brom away this year - Brilliant

PH a thing of beauty and a joy forever

Hope he stays - glad many are getting him now and delighted he got a good send off the pitch on Sat. Pablo always works hard but you don't open cans with a diamond cutter.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024