Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Black, who is he and when did he arrive? 17:08 - May 25 with 4157 viewsstansleftfoot

There's a long list of stuff that's changed during the season, I wonder when this Dude arrived, and what prompted Phillip Beard to get him in?
The Times writes of him “Steve Black is acknowledged as the best conditioning coach in the world”. Kevin Keegan called him ‘the best one-to-one coach in the world’. Jonny Wilkinson lays much of the credit for his unparalleled success at Steve’s door. Graham Henry, the All Blacks coach, calls him “the best motivator I’ve ever encountered”. Steve describes himself as a chameleon - someone who is able to evolve to suit the needs of the persons he is coaching at each individual circumstance.
Steve has won championships and cups in football and rugby at the highest levels. He has coached at international level with Wales and the British & Irish Lions. He coached with Kevin Keegan at Newcastle United when they won promotion at the start of the Keegan Era. He coached with Rob Andrew at Newcastle Falcons when they won the Premiership and the Tetley’s Bitter Cup. He coached with Peter Reid at Sunderland when they won promotion to the Premiership. He coached with Wales RFU when they won 11 in a row — more games than even the great Welsh team of the 70’s achieved. He coached with Paul Bracewell at Fulham, after which he returned to the Falcons with Rob
Andrew where they went on to win the Powergen Cup. Steve’s work in boxing, golf and swimming add more flavours to a coaching CV of some distinction, wouldn’t you agree?

Steve presents key note speeches, seminars and management conferences all over the world centred around five main topics. These are motivation, leadership, teamwork, top-level performance and effectiveness. Many people around the world benefit from his insights, ranging from Jonny Wilkinson in sport through to P&G, Siemens and RBS in business, and a host of people in between!
Steve has coached with distinction in the Premiership and Championship in Soccer and World Cup, European Cup and Premiership in Rugby.
Steve Black, who is he and when did he arrive? on 17:26 - May 25 with 4086 viewsDaBurgh

Well he's gotta be better than the previous conditioning coach..

Steve Black, who is he and when did he arrive? on 17:33 - May 25 with 4056 viewskropotkin41

http://www.steveblack.co.uk/

He seems to have made quite a difference............... it may be indicative of how difficult it has been to turn this squad into a team that he's been brought in.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Steve Black, who is he and when did he arrive? on 17:40 - May 25 with 4028 viewsN12Hoop

Is this the bloke Barton referred to earlier as "our most important signing this season"?

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Steve Black, who is he and when did he arrive? on 17:45 - May 25 with 4011 viewsstansleftfoot

Steve Black, who is he and when did he arrive? on 17:40 - May 25 by N12Hoop

Is this the bloke Barton referred to earlier as "our most important signing this season"?

Yeh! Joey Barton has been using him since January and at some point Phillip Beard got him involved, Harry has aknowledged him in one quote, as some "trick cyclist"
It's all very simple stuff, warming up exercises whilst on the move instead of static to reduce strains. Thus less Hamstrings and pulled muscles.
Feel good, do good! Positives, accept your faults as well as your strengths......I'd say quite recent, I noticed a measurable difference about 6 weeks ago.....
Steve Black, who is he and when did he arrive? on 18:32 - May 25 with 3893 viewsconnell10

Ahhh yes he is the gezzer in some of the recent tunnel cams, there was me thinking it was the lead singer from elbow!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Steve Black, who is he and when did he arrive? on 20:54 - May 25 with 3739 viewsfrancisbowles

Hope he hangs around, we are going to need all the help we can get!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024