Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I hope Germany win the world cup and show the FA how it's done. 10:22 - Jul 9 with 4519 viewsSpiritofGregory

I've heard that the FA have published a report on why England failed at the world cup.

Why publish a report just copy the German model.
I hope Germany win the world cup and show the FA how it's done. on 17:41 - Jul 9 with 1289 viewswood_hoop

I hope Germany win the world cup and show the FA how it's done. on 10:32 - Jul 9 by SpiritofGregory

Still follow their model, their team and methods are far superior. They have a top international team and a strong domestic league.

The FA don't want to change things because the Premier League pulls in so much money - time to boycott England international games and merchandise.

Germany rarely have poor teams, even when the odd tournament dosn't go to plan, our National team has the odd good reult and their lies the biggest difference, no surprise at all the Germans are in the final.

Last night's result was a freak, the Brazilian team was not highly rated beforehand and though the Germans rammed home just how poor they were, one of those days you do get, rarely quite so significant but in comparison to the 5-1 win we had over them a few years back.

No chance whatsoever of England winning the WC in the next century let alone in 8/12 years, its not our leagues that are wrong its a malaise that inflicts the whole of our game, giving 17/18 year old millions of pounds is not the only bug bear for me, whow the fcu* are 99.999% even given pro contracts, very very few have even the basic talents to kick and control a ball, when it comes to tatics, when to pass, shoot and not give away the ball it diminishes to an even lower level.

Our system from the FA right through our our clubs is a joke, I am amazed that so called successful business men ever want to get involved, would you hand over tens of millions of pounds to an individual that can barely add up 2 + 2, has no idea what goes in and out of their own personel bank account, gives out contracts to mostly talentless non skilled individuals on a scale that defies belief, our whole game in this country is rotten to the core, as long as the fans keep paying the extortinate ticket prices, buying the merchandise, pay the sport channel subscriptions the merry go round will keep spinning.

Forget Germany, look at the skills many of the other players in the tournament possess, even the so called 'smaller' countries, they put our players to shame, they may not have the resources we have but somehow manage to give them the abilities at a tender age that have many clubs from around Europe hunting them down, us a prime market.

Having highly rated coaches from grass roots to the top is the starting point, stop our kids playing so many competitive matches from far to early an age, teach them the skills that are required to really know how to play the game, for god's sake stop giving some of these backward unqualified individuals the chance in the first place, just because the majority may have been professional players does not make them automatic candidates to breed success.

I would look at good coaches before most of the dross that class themselves as 'professional football managers', to be our club managers, even those that have not played the game at a significant level, not all will be a success but at least they come with the aptitude of knowing how to impart the nessecary skills required.

The game is totally corrupt and run on such an amaturish basis in this country that I doubt we will ever match the more successful countries in World or European tournaments unless there are massive and drastic changes in how we the fans the bbedrock of club football also change our perceptions on just want we want to see.
I hope Germany win the world cup and show the FA how it's done. on 17:58 - Jul 9 with 1284 viewsTHEBUSH

OK, the FA are useless we know that, but when England have had decent managers we have also done better than in Brazil.

I just hope Hodgson learns from his mistakes in Brazil and takes us forward.
I hope Germany win the world cup and show the FA how it's done. on 18:02 - Jul 9 with 1282 viewsTGRRRSSS

No relevance really everyone is owned by foreighners and have the likes of Arsene Wenger demanding we end international football.
I notice however he took a (presumably paid) job working for French TV during the World Cup though the hypocrite
[Post edited 9 Jul 2014 18:10]
I hope Germany win the world cup and show the FA how it's done. on 22:45 - Jul 13 with 1210 viewsSpiritofGregory

Time to copy the Germans.
I hope Germany win the world cup and show the FA how it's done. on 08:14 - Jul 14 with 1146 viewsqprmick

The man who knows a bit about winning World Cups (Loew) says the Premier League with all its foreigners is our downfall, I tend to agree with him. We also seem to have a shortage of skills coaches. We also pay too much money for mediocrity.

Qprmick

I hope Germany win the world cup and show the FA how it's done. on 08:24 - Jul 14 with 1141 viewsTacticalR

I hope Germany win the world cup and show the FA how it's done. on 22:45 - Jul 13 by SpiritofGregory

Time to copy the Germans.

Have we finished copying the Spanish?

Air hostess clique

I hope Germany win the world cup and show the FA how it's done. on 11:39 - Jul 14 with 1115 viewsrobith

It's interesting - copy the Spanish, no wait, copy the Germans. When both of those teams achieved success by having a system that best suits their idiosyncratic underlying footballing philosophies.

England needs to pick a style that suits it best - probably pacey, athletic counter attack, and gear the system to playing that.

The main thing that blights the game is the focus from a very early age of win at all costs instead of focusing on teaching skills as kids are developing. Messi probably would've been turfed out of an English academy for being too small.

Also if you want another reason why England failed, the commentary from the Brazil chile game, incredulous at the fact that Chile's back three played for such terrible clubs. England has a total blindsight to individual ability over the system and the team - see Hodgson who I usually rate for team building still not having the guts to drop Rooney as he doesn't fit the system.

That's how you can start to change the grass roots and have better English players coming through. Changing the grasp of the elite on the English game? Too late. It's broken beyond all repair and only its total collapse could see it replaced
I hope Germany win the world cup and show the FA how it's done. on 17:04 - Jul 14 with 1090 viewsRangersAreBack

Copy the Spanish? I must have missed that one. England couldn't tippy tappy their way out of a paper bag. Makes more sense to investigate a model based on a footballing identity closer to our own.

However this will only work if we effect a culture change also. Focus the youth on skills as opposed to targets. Refocus their minds on winning as they enter their teens and ensure they understand that it's more important than the taking part. Take the U21 competitions seriously to prepare players for the demands of senior international football. Select players that care for their country and who buy into a team ethic. Hire a manager who's more than an FA puppet and isn't afraid to make tough decisions like dropping high profile players when they don't perform. Introduce a winter break and ensure the national team is viewed as the pinnacle of the game not a mere sideshow.

I could go on. The point is just merely copying the German model will not suffice. The mentality and attitude must also be right for it to work. This comes naturally to the Germans but is sorely lacking in the UK.
Login to get fewer ads

I hope Germany win the world cup and show the FA how it's done. on 18:33 - Jul 14 with 1075 viewsderbyhoop

I hope Germany win the world cup and show the FA how it's done. on 12:21 - Jul 9 by Bluce_Ree

Ugh.

Firstly can we all just take a breath from sucking off Germans? F**k them. I hope they lose in the final.

Anyway, yes. They are much better at football than us and all that. We could revamp our entire league system, yes. We could build academies everywhere and insist that every professional match has a bunch of homegrown young'uns in there. We could put foreign player limits in.

We could do all that. But why should we? So that England go a round or two further each tournament? Why on Earth would we want to do that?

Listen, I'd love it if England were good but that's such a small part of football for me. Yeah it'd be nice but f**k it, I'll take QPR being in the Prem with all the money, drama, nonsense, rubbishness, primadonna Chelsea c**ts, foreign players and everything else and once every two years I'll tut a bit because England are bollocks.

"Firstly can we all just take a breath from sucking off Germans? F**k them. I hope they lose in the final.

Anyway, yes. They are much better at football than us and all that. We could revamp our entire league system, yes. We could build academies everywhere and insist that every professional match has a bunch of homegrown young'uns in there. We could put foreign player limits in. "

The suggestion about revamping our League system caused outrage below the Premiership elite, is is unlikely to get off the ground.
We could build academies - but who's going to pay for them. Costs would be £1-2m as a minimum. Why would a L1 club run a proper academy, knowing that the PL big boys could hoover up their best players for about £200K.
Insisting on home grown young uns breaks EU laws on freedom of movement
We could, possibly, tighten the rules on non-EU players but are we going to get rid of Aguero, Zabaleta, Hernandez, Willian, Oscar, etc. Would the PL clubs stand for it.

If we want better players, we have to offer more professional coaching and ensure that the players get the chance to develop through playing at the highest possible level.

Don't expect any serious movement on that in the next 5 years.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

I hope Germany win the world cup and show the FA how it's done. on 12:09 - Jul 15 with 1034 viewsRangersAreBack

Interesting article by the Beeb on this very matter...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28295153
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024