Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England: Some perspective 18:43 - Jul 9 with 1742 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

http://www.espnfc.com/team/england/448/blog/post/1902808/england-have-always-fai
England: Some perspective on 04:07 - Jul 10 with 1623 viewsqprmick

There is always reasons why we fail. They are written before the event. Why can't we just go out there and bust our balls to make things happen, Like Germany and Argentins for instance. It is not that long ago that we beat the Germans comprehensibly, so it can be done. Most of our Premier are full of overseas players but there should still be a nucleus left to at least give us some hope and pride.

Qprmick

England: Some perspective on 08:45 - Jul 10 with 1541 viewsPhildo

Huge amounts can be said and written but if you were to distill it surely it would be to try and coach young players to be comfortable in possession of the ball? Everything flows from that surely?
England: Some perspective on 09:48 - Jul 10 with 1512 viewsClive_Anderson

England: Some perspective on 08:45 - Jul 10 by Phildo

Huge amounts can be said and written but if you were to distill it surely it would be to try and coach young players to be comfortable in possession of the ball? Everything flows from that surely?

Exactly.

England are miles behind in their ability to retain the ball and move it around into space. All the Dutch and Argentine players do it better than any of the English players.
England: Some perspective on 10:53 - Jul 10 with 1479 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

When we do get a young player with a bit of nouse ( Tom Carroll ) we scream blue fvck at them for not toughening up.
England: Some perspective on 11:10 - Jul 10 with 1460 viewsTHEBUSH

I think for the fist time in many years England have quite a few players who are comfortable on the ball like, Chamberlain, Lallana, Berkley, Wilshere, Sturridge, Shaw and even Rooney.
Although the big thing for me, is our defence, who keep getting caught out.
If Hodgson can get them to play as a team, we might have a chance of progressing in World football ?
England: Some perspective on 11:18 - Jul 10 with 1446 viewsdaveB

I'll never understand why more English players don't go abroad, if you can't get games here go somewhere else. Mancienee and that Eric Dier seem like the only ones in recent years to have tried this
England: Some perspective on 11:22 - Jul 10 with 1443 viewsPhildo

England: Some perspective on 11:10 - Jul 10 by THEBUSH

I think for the fist time in many years England have quite a few players who are comfortable on the ball like, Chamberlain, Lallana, Berkley, Wilshere, Sturridge, Shaw and even Rooney.
Although the big thing for me, is our defence, who keep getting caught out.
If Hodgson can get them to play as a team, we might have a chance of progressing in World football ?

Uruguay game they were treating the ball like a hot potato though. If you can hold on to the ball without panic or feeling the need to immediately run forwards at pace you can alter the tempo when it suits you - as lots of other teams in the world cup can do.
England: Some perspective on 11:30 - Jul 10 with 1432 viewsdaveB

England: Some perspective on 11:22 - Jul 10 by Phildo

Uruguay game they were treating the ball like a hot potato though. If you can hold on to the ball without panic or feeling the need to immediately run forwards at pace you can alter the tempo when it suits you - as lots of other teams in the world cup can do.

None of them have any experience of holding onto the ball, it's not in our culture, if a player hasn't passed or shot within 5 seconds he gets slaughtered by English crowds.
Login to get fewer ads

England: Some perspective on 11:31 - Jul 10 with 1431 viewsozexile

This is it. Until we coach kids correctly we're doomed. Way to late for the Rooney's etc.
England: Some perspective on 11:34 - Jul 10 with 1425 viewsTGRRRSSS

What about Michael Mancienne, playing for Hamburg I think (or was last time I looked.
Wonder if he might be up there with the likes of Cahill and experienced life abroad.
England: Some perspective on 11:39 - Jul 10 with 1416 viewsTHEBUSH

England: Some perspective on 11:30 - Jul 10 by daveB

None of them have any experience of holding onto the ball, it's not in our culture, if a player hasn't passed or shot within 5 seconds he gets slaughtered by English crowds.

Strange you say that, because in international games, some English players, especially the younger ones are too greedy and don't pass quick enough.
Chamberlain, Lallana, Berkley, Wilshere and Sturridge have all been guilty and for me need to learn when to get rid of the ball.
Oh and I forgot Sterling !!
[Post edited 10 Jul 2014 11:45]
England: Some perspective on 11:47 - Jul 10 with 1405 viewsClive_Anderson

England: Some perspective on 11:30 - Jul 10 by daveB

In England you get more attention as a young player if you do the occasional thing brilliantly rather than the simple things well all the time.

Why would you patiently pass the ball around when the kids trying to dribble round everyone or wallop the ball at goal from 35 yards get all the credit?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024