Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Smalling 10:46 - Jul 17 with 4833 viewsSuffolk

According to Sky's paper review Man Utd may be looking to off load him. If available would you take him over Caulker/Lascelles?
[Post edited 6 Aug 2016 14:50]
Chris Smalling on 10:49 - Jul 17 with 4814 viewsMarc

Off to Arsenal I heard.

Included in a deal for that Thomas Vermalen that United want.
Chris Smalling on 10:49 - Jul 17 with 4814 viewsTHEBUSH

He's a decent player, why not. although can't see him coming to us !!
Chris Smalling on 10:51 - Jul 17 with 4799 viewsSuffolk

Chris Smalling on 10:49 - Jul 17 by Marc

Off to Arsenal I heard.

Included in a deal for that Thomas Vermalen that United want.

Bugger!
Chris Smalling on 10:58 - Jul 17 with 4751 viewsKonk

Chris Smalling is from the Big Phil Senderos/Zat Knight school of at least one epic howler a game, no matter how well he's done up to that point.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Chris Smalling on 11:02 - Jul 17 with 4734 viewsTHEBUSH

Chris Smalling on 10:58 - Jul 17 by Konk

Chris Smalling is from the Big Phil Senderos/Zat Knight school of at least one epic howler a game, no matter how well he's done up to that point.

Bit similar to Big Dan, as well
Chris Smalling on 11:05 - Jul 17 with 4704 viewsCiderwithRsie

Chris Smalling on 10:58 - Jul 17 by Konk

Exactly. Which is why Van Gaal would be looking to get rid.

It's a particularly fatal flaw for a side in the bottom half of the table, as you can't rely on the forwards getting the chance to make up for it.

But since he's from Man United anyone signing him will at the very least have to shell out a shedload of wages and probably a significant transfer fee as well.

Would be a poor use of the money IMO; would rather have a more raw player who can maybe improve with better coaching [Smalling should have had the best coaching money can buy already], won't look on us as a step down, and won't cost as much.
Chris Smalling on 11:06 - Jul 17 with 4702 viewsKonk

Chris Smalling on 11:02 - Jul 17 by THEBUSH

Bit similar to Big Dan, as well

Oi! Big Dan Burn is unproven on the horrendous fu ck-up every week front! He was a giant for us last season other than when he was inexplicably played at RB. I'm still struggling to come to terms with that selection.

Chris Smalling on 11:12 - Jul 17 with 4678 viewswestberksr

Chris Smalling on 11:06 - Jul 17 by Konk

Oi! Big Dan Burn is unproven on the horrendous fu ck-up every week front! He was a giant for us last season other than when he was inexplicably played at RB. I'm still struggling to come to terms with that selection.

crikey, was Arry picking your team too?

always love the logic of sticking a CB at FB; especially with a non defensive winger in front affording absolutely no protection whatsoever.

have a soft spot for Big Dan, as a lanky fair haired CB myself, i see similarities to my game (without the pay packet and enflicted misfortune to have to spend a year in Birmingham on loan, highs and lows and all that)
Login to get fewer ads

Chris Smalling on 11:14 - Jul 17 with 4668 viewspaulparker

Chris Smalling on 11:12 - Jul 17 by westberksr

always love the logic of sticking a CB at FB; especially with a non defensive winger in front affording absolutely no protection whatsoever.

have a soft spot for Big Dan, as a lanky fair haired CB myself, i see similarities to my game (without the pay packet and enflicted misfortune to have to spend a year in Birmingham on loan, highs and lows and all that)

in other words WestBerks your a cross between Rodney Trotter & Ian Ormondroyd

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Chris Smalling on 11:18 - Jul 17 with 4653 viewswestberksr

Chris Smalling on 11:14 - Jul 17 by paulparker

in other words WestBerks your a cross between Rodney Trotter & Ian Ormondroyd

doppelganger for either one before the weight gain of the post clubbing and regualr footy era of the mid 90's. don't think either of them could make the shapes i could though!

it's a good look if you can carry it off; didn't do Crouchy any harm

tbf i've always carried more bulk than any of them (thank the baby jesus for that small mercy)
Chris Smalling on 11:20 - Jul 17 with 4640 viewsKonk

Chris Smalling on 11:12 - Jul 17 by westberksr

Felix bingo. A 6’7”, fairly slow left-footed CB with about 3 PL games behind him playing RB against a speedy, tricky winger in a must-win game. Genius. Also we had Heitinga playing at CB that day, and he’s played RB for the Netherlands before, so might have been the more obvious choice...it was heart-breaking watching Big Dan being humiliated out there. I wasn’t bothered about relegation, but that broke my fu cking heart.

Chris Smalling on 11:31 - Jul 17 with 4581 viewswestberksr

Chris Smalling on 11:20 - Jul 17 by Konk

Felix bingo. A 6’7”, fairly slow left-footed CB with about 3 PL games behind him playing RB against a speedy, tricky winger in a must-win game. Genius. Also we had Heitinga playing at CB that day, and he’s played RB for the Netherlands before, so might have been the more obvious choice...it was heart-breaking watching Big Dan being humiliated out there. I wasn’t bothered about relegation, but that broke my fu cking heart.

did you write him a poem expressing your sorry afterwards and post it on his twitter account; i think he would have appreciated that as he appears to have a gentle soul.
Chris Smalling on 11:54 - Jul 17 with 4536 viewsEastR

Chris Smalling on 11:31 - Jul 17 by westberksr

did you write him a poem expressing your sorry afterwards and post it on his twitter account; i think he would have appreciated that as he appears to have a gentle soul.

If our criteria is for a CB who can’t head the ball, has no positional sense, and is constantly outdone at set pieces, then by all means let’s sign him up.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Chris Smalling on 12:04 - Jul 17 with 4506 viewssimmo

Smalling is not an Arsenal player for as long as he has a hole in his arse. Think he'd be great for a mid table premier league team though, he needs to establish his best position and be played their reguarly and put next to an experienced man to guide him. His rise has been pretty meteoric so he probably just needs time to adjust and continue to learn.

Good signing for somebody, if they can get around the English premium shite.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Chris Smalling on 12:13 - Jul 17 with 4470 viewsKonk

Chris Smalling on 11:31 - Jul 17 by westberksr

I was going to go into the changing rooms at Stoke and give it a bit of the old “It’s not your fault” from Good Will Hunting, but I thought it might all be a bit public, what with the rest of the squad, coaching staff etc being in there. Now the moments gone, but if you’re reading this, Big Dan Burn, it really wasn’t your fault, you know. Please believe me when I say that because it’s the truth; it wasn’t your fault, Dan. It wasn’t your fault.

Chris Smalling on 12:14 - Jul 17 with 4467 viewsSuffolk

Chris Smalling on 11:54 - Jul 17 by EastR

If our criteria is for a CB who can’t head the ball, has no positional sense, and is constantly outdone at set pieces, then by all means let’s sign him up.

I sense a little negativity towards him!
Chris Smalling on 12:22 - Jul 17 with 4441 viewsTHEBUSH

Chris Smalling on 11:54 - Jul 17 by EastR

We've had plenty of those, but probably not all three liabilities together
Chris Smalling on 12:31 - Jul 17 with 4400 viewswestberksr

Chris Smalling on 12:22 - Jul 17 by THEBUSH

We've had plenty of those, but probably not all three liabilities together

i think Anton ticked all of those boxes quite well; he was properly shite most of the time IIRC.
Chris Smalling on 12:32 - Jul 17 with 4394 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

I don't rate him, nor Phil Jones for that matter. Both seem like good footballers and versatile but as has been mentioned the clock is ticking until the next howler.

This used to be the case with Ned but he seems to have got his act together. Really hope he can prove himself again in the premiership.

It's got to be Yarg

Chris Smalling on 12:56 - Jul 17 with 4301 viewsTHEBUSH

Chris Smalling on 12:31 - Jul 17 by westberksr

i think Anton ticked all of those boxes quite well; he was properly shite most of the time IIRC.

Ah, you got me, how could I forget Anton
Chris Smalling on 13:11 - Jul 17 with 4272 viewswestberksr

Chris Smalling on 12:56 - Jul 17 by THEBUSH

Ah, you got me, how could I forget Anton

I think we have all tried to blank most of his games from our memory!
Chris Smalling on 14:37 - Jul 17 with 4166 viewswhittocksRs

Chris Smalling on 10:49 - Jul 17 by THEBUSH

He's a decent player, why not. although can't see him coming to us !!

Can't be the same Chris Smalling.
Chris Smalling on 14:44 - Jul 17 with 4149 viewsthemodfather

if this is the same chris smalling england took to the world cup, he is pure shite
i'd have onouha over him all day long.
Chris Smalling on 14:48 - Jul 17 with 4128 viewsSuffolk

Chris Smalling on 14:44 - Jul 17 by themodfather

if this is the same chris smalling england took to the world cup, he is pure shite
i'd have onouha over him all day long.

How about alongside Ned and Rio in a back 3?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024