Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk - Ki will get a new contract 16:09 - Jul 30 with 13989 viewsJokeren1943

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-boss-garr
Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 17:33 - Jul 30 with 2241 viewsGeoffThom

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 17:29 - Jul 30 by Zut_Alors

Where do you think his natural position is, Geoff?

The Koreans seemed to play him in the hole or centre mid as did Celtic and sunderland ,we tend to play him more defensively which I understand with his height and reading of the game I'm more than happy to rotate him with Leon and if the opportunity arises play him further forward
Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 17:34 - Jul 30 with 2240 viewsGeoffThom

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 17:29 - Jul 30 by PozuelosSideys

JDG is a flat track bully, and a very good one.

It only generates many a post because some people havent got a clue as to what theyre looking at. A bit like you and a certain W Bony..

Looks like your matching it with ki
Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 17:34 - Jul 30 with 2239 viewsItchySphincter

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 17:29 - Jul 30 by skippyjack

You're getting there Geoff.. it's not quite bang on.. something else he does.. is vitally important on times.. that fans can't quite see.. but if I showed them a video and explained.. they'd understand. I find it funny I've taught myself this without any help.. you get the fans who are quick to shout off.. you got fans who can sit there and grasp it sort of.. you got fans who think they know their stuff but not enough.. then you've got unskilled fans like me.. who can point out the difficult stuff without any inside knowledge.

You're starting to get a bit boring now skip.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 17:37 - Jul 30 with 2227 viewsPozuelosSideys

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 17:34 - Jul 30 by GeoffThom

Looks like your matching it with ki

Only messing Geoff.

I just dont see it with Ki. Maybe i have the JDG blinkers on. Before we signed him when he was playing for Korea at the Olympics he stood out a mile. Way above the likes of Sturridge and on a par with some of the Brazilians and i thought 'what a player'.

But he just hasnt looked the same player in England.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 17:39 - Jul 30 with 2209 viewsmonmouth

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 17:37 - Jul 30 by PozuelosSideys

Only messing Geoff.

I just dont see it with Ki. Maybe i have the JDG blinkers on. Before we signed him when he was playing for Korea at the Olympics he stood out a mile. Way above the likes of Sturridge and on a par with some of the Brazilians and i thought 'what a player'.

Yet?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 17:40 - Jul 30 with 2206 viewsGeoffThom

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 17:37 - Jul 30 by PozuelosSideys

Only messing Geoff.

People have to realise it's the positions we play him in which Can make him look ordinary
Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 17:44 - Jul 30 with 2191 viewsPozuelosSideys

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 17:39 - Jul 30 by monmouth

Yet?

Yep. Yet!

My feeling is that he bossed games in the Olympics, in Scotland and International level, but apart from a few games where people were blowing smoke up his arse in Sunderland before he disappeared, hes kinda found his level.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 17:58 - Jul 30 with 2143 viewspremierjack

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 16:56 - Jul 30 by ValeJack

Are you talking about Ki or JDG?

I'd go as far to say that with the current players we have he is a better fit than De Guzman.

Spot on!
Login to get fewer ads

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 18:05 - Jul 30 with 2126 viewsMusical_Swan

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 17:40 - Jul 30 by GeoffThom

People have to realise it's the positions we play him in which Can make him look ordinary

Problem is he's not good enough to start in his preferred position, and he certainly isn't versatile enough to be anything but short term cover in any cm role.

I always felt he'd be an ideal candidate for the Leon role but his positioning defensively is horrendous! Playing him there for me is a no go. Shelvey is ahead of him for both the reamaining cm roles imo, and that's not forgetting Siggy too. I'm sure if it wasnt for Canas situation Ki would be at Villa now.

Huw Jenkins... Nuff said!
Poll: On the whole, are the board doing a good job with our club?

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 18:16 - Jul 30 with 2099 viewsOldjack

Ki has improved a lot after his stunt up north ,he'll be a worthy asset to us

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 18:20 - Jul 30 with 2087 viewsItchySphincter

You were always keen on him OJ. He's got everything he needs imo except he needs to man up when we're up against it. No way is he a better or more effective player than JDG as seems to be insinuated on here.

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 18:20 - Jul 30 with 2087 viewsMusical_Swan

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 18:16 - Jul 30 by Oldjack

Ki has improved a lot after his stunt up north ,he'll be a worthy asset to us

I genuinely hope your right!

... for once!

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 18:21 - Jul 30 with 2085 viewsNeath_Jack

Those comparing Ki with JDG need to go and watch some highlights of their games whilst playing for us. There is no comparison, Ki ain't much cop, and JDG suits our style perfectly. I'm hearing and getting, we haven't used him in his best position, well if that's as the AM then we ain't going to see him there anytime soon either. So it's a get rid from me, providing we get someone better in first.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 18:21 - Jul 30 with 2083 viewsSenhin

Really don't understand all this "he passes sideways" stuff... He was usually playing in place of Leon when he was here, asked to do Leon's role... Aside from that not being a position he was used to, in a new team and a big step up in quality of opposition... What is it that Leon does? He receives the ball from the defenders and passes it sideways.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 18:25 - Jul 30 with 2072 viewsMusical_Swan

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 18:21 - Jul 30 by Senhin

Really don't understand all this "he passes sideways" stuff... He was usually playing in place of Leon when he was here, asked to do Leon's role... Aside from that not being a position he was used to, in a new team and a big step up in quality of opposition... What is it that Leon does? He receives the ball from the defenders and passes it sideways.

Yes, but that's just a small part of Leons role. Defensivley Ki can't touch him.

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 18:26 - Jul 30 with 1870 viewsItchySphincter

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 18:21 - Jul 30 by Senhin

Hello lil' dude.

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 18:31 - Jul 30 with 1855 viewsskippyjack

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 18:25 - Jul 30 by Musical_Swan

Yes, but that's just a small part of Leons role. Defensivley Ki can't touch him.

True.. but Ki can get our defence out of trouble.. better than Leon when teams press us.. people rarely see this though.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 18:37 - Jul 30 with 1828 viewsMattG

Would I prefer JDG? Yes.

If a deal can't be done for JDG, would I take Ki as his replacement? Also yes.
Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 18:37 - Jul 30 with 1828 viewsMusical_Swan

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 18:31 - Jul 30 by skippyjack

True.. but Ki can get our defence out of trouble.. better than Leon when teams press us.. people rarely see this though.

I wouldn't say that. Leon is excllent under pressure, and although his pass distribution is very one dimensional, Ki's longer range is no good unless he's got time and space. He gets very sloppy when closed down.

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 18:37 - Jul 30 with 1828 viewsphact0rri

He can pick a pass for sure. But he doesn't really look to have the pace to be getting into attacking positions like he seemed to do in what I caught of the pre-season matches. I don't recall him before he went to the blackcats. But if he can just get around pass the ball and create chances thats fine and good.

I thought he did a descent job with Plymouth but is that really a test? I'm willing to give him a chance. But I couldn't compare him DeGuzman's quality at the moment.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 18:43 - Jul 30 with 1809 viewsskippyjack

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 18:37 - Jul 30 by Musical_Swan

I wouldn't say that. Leon is excllent under pressure, and although his pass distribution is very one dimensional, Ki's longer range is no good unless he's got time and space. He gets very sloppy when closed down.

Bold time and space.. how many times does he get closed down during a match.. Ki is actually alright under pressure.. there's no point arguing with me.. I'm a loser... an actual loser.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 18:46 - Jul 30 with 1796 viewsMusical_Swan

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 18:37 - Jul 30 by phact0rri

He can pick a pass for sure. But he doesn't really look to have the pace to be getting into attacking positions like he seemed to do in what I caught of the pre-season matches. I don't recall him before he went to the blackcats. But if he can just get around pass the ball and create chances thats fine and good.

I thought he did a descent job with Plymouth but is that really a test? I'm willing to give him a chance. But I couldn't compare him DeGuzman's quality at the moment.

Can't disagree with the talent he has, but just can't see a scenario where we can afford to let him 'get around pass the ball and create chances' without him having to put a shift in defensively.

Just feel for him to be effective we'd have to carry him a bit, and unfortunately I don't think he's good enough to warrant this.

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 19:19 - Jul 30 with 1746 viewsOldjack

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 18:20 - Jul 30 by Musical_Swan

I genuinely hope your right!

... for once!

bollocks ,i know class when i see it

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 19:21 - Jul 30 with 1738 viewsSenhin

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 18:37 - Jul 30 by phact0rri

He wasn't asked to get in attacking positions. He was playing Leon's role a lot of the time. In the games where he was used where jdg was playing he did attack. He just didn't score, and his form of attacking wasn't run into the box which people seem to think is the only way to attack. He usually have it to the attacking midfielder to attack, which is what they are supposed to do, or playyed through to one of the wings.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 19:31 - Jul 30 with 1713 viewsDr_Winston

Sunderland aren't exactly fighting tooth and nail to get him back.

Not convinced by him at all. In a battle between the two keeping JdG would be by far the better choice for me.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024