Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk - Ki will get a new contract 16:09 - Jul 30 with 13990 viewsJokeren1943

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-boss-garr
Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 19:34 - Jul 30 with 2039 viewsItchySphincter

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 19:31 - Jul 30 by Dr_Winston

Sunderland aren't exactly fighting tooth and nail to get him back.

Not convinced by him at all. In a battle between the two keeping JdG would be by far the better choice for me.

I agree of course but obviously the revisionism has already begun and Ki is the best thing since slice bread - it's why we loaned him to Sunderland in the first place init.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 19:36 - Jul 30 with 2036 viewsexiledclaseboy

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 18:37 - Jul 30 by MattG

Would I prefer JDG? Yes.

If a deal can't be done for JDG, would I take Ki as his replacement? Also yes.

That's pretty much where I am as well. Ki's not as bad a player as many make out. De Guzman's not as awesome as many make out either (although equally not as poor as some have made him out to be in the past).

It'd be a blow if De Guzman didn't come back, but nowhere near a fatal one.

Poll: Tory leader

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 19:38 - Jul 30 with 2023 viewsDr_Winston

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 19:34 - Jul 30 by ItchySphincter

I agree of course but obviously the revisionism has already begun and Ki is the best thing since slice bread - it's why we loaned him to Sunderland in the first place init.

Laudrup obviously didn't think much of him.

I do wonder if it's because he was so obviously a "club" signing rather than a Laudrup one that we seem to be so keen to keep him around despite two not exactly stellar years.

He's got ability, but I'm not sure he suits us at all.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 19:38 - Jul 30 with 2021 viewsexiledclaseboy

Word at the time was that he was persona non grata here because he'd p*ssed Laudrup off by refusing to play nice with some Korean fans. No idea of the truth of it, but it was accepted fact on here for most of last season. Mind you, this forum's got a long history of repeating rumours and speculation often enough that everyone just believes them anyway.

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 19:42 - Jul 30 with 2006 viewsirememberivor

I don`t know why we loaned him out in the first place. But then ML made some odd decisions in his second season, didn`t he? I was always very impressed with his performances, particularly his skillful and accurate passing. Right position I would have thought would be in a more attacking midfielder role than he played under ML where he tended to play too deep. I noticed he played a far more forward role in Brazil where he was head and shoulders the best South Korean player. World Class? Not far off.
Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 19:45 - Jul 30 with 1992 viewsexiledclaseboy

Ironically, much of this forum spent most of last season moaning about the fact that we'd loaned Ki out to another Premier League club while most of our midfield was either crocked and/or rubbish (delete according to whichever nonsense was being spoken at the time.

Now we're moaning because it looks like we want to keep him here. Madness.

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 19:46 - Jul 30 with 1989 viewsOldjack

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 19:36 - Jul 30 by exiledclaseboy

That's pretty much where I am as well. Ki's not as bad a player as many make out. De Guzman's not as awesome as many make out either (although equally not as poor as some have made him out to be in the past).

It'd be a blow if De Guzman didn't come back, but nowhere near a fatal one.

Second, Ki can also play just about anywhere on the pitch

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 20:04 - Jul 30 with 1962 viewsAtleticoAbertawe

I'd Like him to stay, especially if we can't keep JDG. Considering Leon will miss the start of the season I'd be happy with a midfield three of Siggy, Jonjo and Ki for the first game at Old Trafford.

"If you bring in £80, then don’t spend £100. That’s not hard, is it?" - Huw Jenkins 2013

Login to get fewer ads

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 20:16 - Jul 30 with 1932 viewsmonmouth

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 19:45 - Jul 30 by exiledclaseboy

Ironically, much of this forum spent most of last season moaning about the fact that we'd loaned Ki out to another Premier League club while most of our midfield was either crocked and/or rubbish (delete according to whichever nonsense was being spoken at the time.

Now we're moaning because it looks like we want to keep him here. Madness.

Aye, do you remember the vitriol over Xmas about the non recall saga? At that time the club were twa*s because we'd loaned him to a relegation rival and he was playing brilliantly, got them to a cup final and we couldn't get him back! Hilarious to see this now.

I think we'd all prefer de Guz if it were a straight shoot out, but the premise that changed the direction of this thread was no de Guz wasn't it? Can't be arsed to look. In any case I think Ki is worth another seasons punt anyway. If he can't find a role to make his own then fair enough. I'm sure we'll be able to unload next summer.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 20:17 - Jul 30 with 1925 viewsjackforlife

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 19:31 - Jul 30 by Dr_Winston

Sunderland aren't exactly fighting tooth and nail to get him back.

Not convinced by him at all. In a battle between the two keeping JdG would be by far the better choice for me.

Well that doesn't really surprise me, you were never willing to give him a chance.

Where as De Guzman was always on that pedestal you kept polishing for him.
Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 20:19 - Jul 30 with 1919 viewsItchySphincter

Ki looks as classy as anyone with things in his favour but he's a choker. That's been my gripe with him since the beginning. Plenty of ability but he needs to man up.

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 20:26 - Jul 30 with 1895 viewsDr_Winston

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 20:17 - Jul 30 by jackforlife

Well that doesn't really surprise me, you were never willing to give him a chance.

Where as De Guzman was always on that pedestal you kept polishing for him.

Shouldn't you be called jackforlifeunlesstherugby'son?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 20:30 - Jul 30 with 1877 viewsC_jack

Let's hope he gets a sense of purpose this season, instead of aimlessly flapping around like a plastic bag in the wind.

He hit the bar in the WC, I would love to see him hit the bar for us.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 20:33 - Jul 30 with 1864 viewsOldjack

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 20:30 - Jul 30 by C_jack

Let's hope he gets a sense of purpose this season, instead of aimlessly flapping around like a plastic bag in the wind.

Riverside ?

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 20:38 - Jul 30 with 1848 viewspencoedjack

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 19:38 - Jul 30 by exiledclaseboy

Word at the time was that he was persona non grata here because he'd p*ssed Laudrup off by refusing to play nice with some Korean fans. No idea of the truth of it, but it was accepted fact on here for most of last season. Mind you, this forum's got a long history of repeating rumours and speculation often enough that everyone just believes them anyway.

Heard this from a very good source too ( Not the PS history part, although I do agree)
Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 20:40 - Jul 30 with 1842 viewsmonmouth

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 20:30 - Jul 30 by C_jack

You want him to hit the bar???

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 20:57 - Jul 30 with 1803 viewsJack1

Ki slows down the play far too much.

Surely the only reason to offer him a new contract would be to ensure he doesn't leave on a free next summer? (He is in the final year of his deal right?)
Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 21:05 - Jul 30 with 1783 viewsOldjack

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/ki-exeter-reaction-1791296.aspx

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 21:53 - Jul 30 with 1717 viewscockneyswan

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 19:38 - Jul 30 by exiledclaseboy

I believe the truth was Ki expected to be in starting eleven, Laudrup was only using him as a sub, Ki was moaning about not starting, he then refused to entertain some Koreans, Laudrup then sent him out on loan. I think everyone knows the rest. For my part, I think Ki is technically a very good ball player but does not have the necessary guts for a fight when the "chips are down", which I believe is a necessary ingredient in any PL player.
Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 22:01 - Jul 30 with 1695 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 20:57 - Jul 30 by Jack1

Ki slows down the play far too much.

Surely the only reason to offer him a new contract would be to ensure he doesn't leave on a free next summer? (He is in the final year of his deal right?)

Yeah, that's the only possible reason...

Not that those at the club who tracked him, paid a big fee for him, reluctantly loaned him out last season at the insistence of the manager, and welcomed him back with open arms this summer, actually see him as suiting the way we play...no not that, they want to go through the whole contract negotiation process and commit the club to a 3-4 year financial package just to ensure he doesn't leave on a free next summer. It's not because they rate him at all and that your opinion if him may not be the truth....no sir..

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 22:02 - Jul 30 with 1693 viewsScoobyWho

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 21:05 - Jul 30 by Oldjack

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/ki-exeter-reaction-1791296.aspx

Superb news, oozes quality.
How can he be anything other than an absolute bonus this season.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 22:06 - Jul 30 with 1677 viewslondonlisa2001

Well I for one reacted to the news that Ki was possibly going to Villa for £5-6m by thinking I would take him there myself for that but I have to say that in the clips I have seen from the pre season games, particularly last night's game, I thought he looked a big step up from the season before last (albeit it's quite hard to tell sometimes from playing lower league opposition, with no disrespect intended).

I also thought his interview on the official site was good - he seemed far more interested in working for a place and far less interested in mucking about than he used to. If he has come back with a real desire to work hard to get into our team, then I think he has the talent to do really well - I wonder if his 'superstar' status in Korea meant that his application was not always there - maybe the loan last season and the World Cup has made him wise up a bit which would be very good news for us.

Incidentally - I would hope that we also sign JDG - no idea whether today's reports are any more accurate than most reporting this sumer though.
Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 22:10 - Jul 30 with 1664 viewsItchySphincter

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 22:06 - Jul 30 by londonlisa2001

Well I for one reacted to the news that Ki was possibly going to Villa for £5-6m by thinking I would take him there myself for that but I have to say that in the clips I have seen from the pre season games, particularly last night's game, I thought he looked a big step up from the season before last (albeit it's quite hard to tell sometimes from playing lower league opposition, with no disrespect intended).

I also thought his interview on the official site was good - he seemed far more interested in working for a place and far less interested in mucking about than he used to. If he has come back with a real desire to work hard to get into our team, then I think he has the talent to do really well - I wonder if his 'superstar' status in Korea meant that his application was not always there - maybe the loan last season and the World Cup has made him wise up a bit which would be very good news for us.

Incidentally - I would hope that we also sign JDG - no idea whether today's reports are any more accurate than most reporting this sumer though.

Villa are looking to pay less than £2M for him. 5-6M and I'd carry him there.

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 22:17 - Jul 30 with 1634 viewslondonlisa2001

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 22:10 - Jul 30 by ItchySphincter

Villa are looking to pay less than £2M for him. 5-6M and I'd carry him there.

well I certainly wouldn't let him go for £2m.
Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 22:18 - Jul 30 with 1628 viewsJack1

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 22:01 - Jul 30 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Yeah, that's the only possible reason...

Not that those at the club who tracked him, paid a big fee for him, reluctantly loaned him out last season at the insistence of the manager, and welcomed him back with open arms this summer, actually see him as suiting the way we play...no not that, they want to go through the whole contract negotiation process and commit the club to a 3-4 year financial package just to ensure he doesn't leave on a free next summer. It's not because they rate him at all and that your opinion if him may not be the truth....no sir..

Reluctantly loaned him out? Why was he reluctantly loaned out? He was loaned out because despite all the promise, almost every time he had the ball in a good position, he'd take a few too many touches which in turn allowed the opposition to get back into position.

From what I've seen so far of him in a swansea shirt, he doesn't seem the type of player to fit in to our style of play. I expected more for 5.5m tbh.

I hope I'm wrong. Time will tell sir!
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024