Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rochale- best or worse now than when you first started going? 20:16 - Aug 5 with 5243 viewshbk4894

serious question , when you started watching Rochdale , would you say they are better or worse now than they were then?
Rochale- best or worse now than when you first started going? on 14:46 - Aug 6 with 1127 viewsTVOS1907

Rochale- best or worse now than when you first started going? on 13:55 - Aug 6 by SuddenLad

You were lucky it was only the end. Some of us had to endure the lot. In hindsight it would have been a more pleasant experience walking to Giggle Lane with a nail in my shoe.

To think he's assistant manager at a Championship club defies belief.

One of the worst things about the Barrow era was the way he split the fans.

Some of the support and propaganda for him was laughable, as is his current position.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Rochale- best or worse now than when you first started going? on 14:47 - Aug 6 with 1123 viewsolympicdale

Rochale- best or worse now than when you first started going? on 14:46 - Aug 6 by TVOS1907

One of the worst things about the Barrow era was the way he split the fans.

Some of the support and propaganda for him was laughable, as is his current position.

in fairness he did inspire one of the best banners seen at spotland, "Roll out the Barrow".....priceless

Life is a game of fate.

Rochale- best or worse now than when you first started going? on 19:58 - Aug 6 with 1062 viewsfinberty

First game was v Wrexham in 1985 - the win took us top for the week, and I was hooked. That was the start of a long wait for anything like a highlight - beating Burnley with 9 men at Turf, play-off semi against R&D, Welch keeping Crystal Palace at bay....until Sir Keith came along.

Team that day may have been: Redfern, Johnson, Grant, McMahon, Cooke (capt), Hicks, Thompson, Taylor, Moore, Seasman, Gamble (though may be wrong on Seasman - if not him, who was it??)
Rochale- best or worse now than when you first started going? on 20:03 - Aug 6 with 1055 viewsTVOS1907

Rochale- best or worse now than when you first started going? on 19:58 - Aug 6 by finberty

First game was v Wrexham in 1985 - the win took us top for the week, and I was hooked. That was the start of a long wait for anything like a highlight - beating Burnley with 9 men at Turf, play-off semi against R&D, Welch keeping Crystal Palace at bay....until Sir Keith came along.

Team that day may have been: Redfern, Johnson, Grant, McMahon, Cooke (capt), Hicks, Thompson, Taylor, Moore, Seasman, Gamble (though may be wrong on Seasman - if not him, who was it??)

I think you mean the Stockport game on August Bank Holiday Monday 1985.

Wrexham was at the start of November and was the famous game in which Frank Gamble scored after knocking the ball out of the keeper's grasp with his fist.

Edit: Or it might have been the Peterborough game on 7th September when Gamble scored two.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2014 20:08]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Rochale- best or worse now than when you first started going? on 20:04 - Aug 6 with 1054 views442Dale

Rochale- best or worse now than when you first started going? on 19:58 - Aug 6 by finberty

The Green Book has Paul Heaton at 2, but otherwise spot on. Impressive memory!

Though not sure we went top as it was November and we'd lost a few after a very impressive start.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Rochale- best or worse now than when you first started going? on 20:10 - Aug 6 with 1035 viewsfinberty

Rochale- best or worse now than when you first started going? on 20:03 - Aug 6 by TVOS1907

I think you mean the Stockport game on August Bank Holiday Monday 1985.

Wrexham was at the start of November and was the famous game in which Frank Gamble scored after knocking the ball out of the keeper's grasp with his fist.

Edit: Or it might have been the Peterborough game on 7th September when Gamble scored two.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2014 20:08]

Thanks for setting me straight on this. I've got the two events combined.
I recall racing home to see Des Lynam (or Steve Rider) refer to Dale on Grandstand.
I also recall the Gamble goal with fondness.

In my mind they were the same game. Sorry.

The answer to the OP's question btw, hardly needs stating!
Rochale- best or worse now than when you first started going? on 22:17 - Aug 6 with 986 viewsSalwaDale

Started watching mid 80s. The football served up by Keith Hill sides is definitely the best I've seen, although I did enjoy the Sutton years.

TBBT

Rochale- best or worse now than when you first started going? on 04:29 - Aug 7 with 928 viewsTalkingSutty

Rochale- best or worse now than when you first started going? on 22:17 - Aug 6 by SalwaDale

Started watching mid 80s. The football served up by Keith Hill sides is definitely the best I've seen, although I did enjoy the Sutton years.

Started watching in 76 when Brian Green was manager, terrible times and they stayed like that for years. I believe Danny Bergaras reign was when things finally began to turn, he signed some good players.
These are the best years both on and off the pitch and resolving ownership of the stadium would be the icing on the cake.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024