Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else miss kick off 09:35 - Aug 24 with 12906 viewsDyfnant

I was turned away at turnstile 28 yesterday at 1452 as my ticket had 'already been used'
Proceeded to the ticket office where around 200 others were queuing with similar issues. Got to the front around 1520 and was issued a new card, went to my designated turnstiles and found them all closed. Walked around to the north stand (nearest by this stage) card failed as before and a steward was called. Arrived 5 minutes later and told 1 turnstile will be open on the East, found turnstile, card rejected again.
Back to ticket office, no queue thankfully. Bloke recognised me , took card around the side and handed it back saying it'll work now. Told him I want someone to go with me and someone came from the back to show me the card working on his scanner. Did eventually scan, actually got into the concourse at 1537.
I've no issue with any of the staff involved, they were all great and apologetic when it's clearly not their fault, however someone there is responsible. Is it Huw Cooze? or Leigh Dineen ? because if this happens to me again next week I want whoever it is out there with me.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Anyone else miss kick off on 11:24 - Aug 24 with 1722 viewsDarran

Anyone else miss kick off on 11:22 - Aug 24 by Jackfath

What was the main purpose of using the new bar code/scanner system?

Great question,I asked yesterday and was told they just wanted to upgrade things.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Anyone else miss kick off on 11:25 - Aug 24 with 1717 viewsScoobyWho

Anyone else miss kick off on 11:22 - Aug 24 by Jackfath

What was the main purpose of using the new bar code/scanner system?

Apparently people were reporting their seasons lost last year and paying the fifty quid for a replacement. The lost season would end up in someone else's hands and used to gain entry. Once inside you pick a vacant seat and watch the game.

Apparently ...

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Anyone else miss kick off on 11:26 - Aug 24 with 1714 viewsJackfath

Anyone else miss kick off on 11:24 - Aug 24 by Darran

Great question,I asked yesterday and was told they just wanted to upgrade things.

Who said that?

An upgrade is just that. A grade up on the previous system. Currently, it's plainly obvious it's not an upgrade.

Frankly reports I am reading on here about it make me feel somewhat embarrassed.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Anyone else miss kick off on 11:30 - Aug 24 with 1706 viewsAndy1300

Anyone else miss kick off on 11:25 - Aug 24 by ScoobyWho

Apparently people were reporting their seasons lost last year and paying the fifty quid for a replacement. The lost season would end up in someone else's hands and used to gain entry. Once inside you pick a vacant seat and watch the game.

Apparently ...

Also, some were passing their card sunder the doors to mates waiting outside, they would the get in on a card used for a second time.

A few times last season there were more people than seats around us in the east

Number 1 team in Wales

Anyone else miss kick off on 11:30 - Aug 24 with 1706 viewsmax936

There were a few queues at the South stand yesterday, but all seemed to be moving along, there was an attendant with a scanner on door 12 where they normally only let disabled people in, but he was happy to leave others in as well, so I queued there, there was an issue with a ticket a lady had, she had been refused entry once and had gone to ticket office, but the ticket still wouldn't work so she was sent back to office, but me and the lad got in with no probs thankfully, I did hear of quite a few problems though, hope they get things sorted asap.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2014 11:31]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Anyone else miss kick off on 11:32 - Aug 24 with 1686 viewsJackfath

Anyone else miss kick off on 11:30 - Aug 24 by max936

There were a few queues at the South stand yesterday, but all seemed to be moving along, there was an attendant with a scanner on door 12 where they normally only let disabled people in, but he was happy to leave others in as well, so I queued there, there was an issue with a ticket a lady had, she had been refused entry once and had gone to ticket office, but the ticket still wouldn't work so she was sent back to office, but me and the lad got in with no probs thankfully, I did hear of quite a few problems though, hope they get things sorted asap.

I went in through that door too Max. Very smooth entry with no turnstile to slow things down.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Anyone else miss kick off on 11:36 - Aug 24 with 1680 viewsDarran

Anyone else miss kick off on 11:30 - Aug 24 by max936

A baddy thumb doesn't make you disabled.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Anyone else miss kick off on 11:40 - Aug 24 with 1660 viewsmax936

Anyone else miss kick off on 11:32 - Aug 24 by Jackfath

I went in through that door too Max. Very smooth entry with no turnstile to slow things down.

Yeap, things will improve no doubt, Im not sure a swipe card system will work though, with the general public and technology in general,

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else miss kick off on 11:41 - Aug 24 with 1652 viewsmax936

Anyone else miss kick off on 11:36 - Aug 24 by Darran

A baddy thumb doesn't make you disabled.

Daft tw@t.

Anyone else miss kick off on 11:44 - Aug 24 with 1645 viewsJackfath

Anyone else miss kick off on 11:40 - Aug 24 by max936

Yeap, things will improve no doubt, Im not sure a swipe card system will work though, with the general public and technology in general,

Indeed. I think this maybe a bit too far for some of the challenged fans of SCFC.

Anyone else miss kick off on 11:47 - Aug 24 with 1635 viewsmax936

Anyone else miss kick off on 11:44 - Aug 24 by Jackfath

Indeed. I think this maybe a bit too far for some of the challenged fans of SCFC.

Oldjack with a belly full of Jager bombs springs to mind

Anyone else miss kick off on 11:49 - Aug 24 with 1626 viewsJackfath

Anyone else miss kick off on 11:47 - Aug 24 by max936

Oldjack with a belly full of Jager bombs springs to mind

It doesn't bear thinking about.

Anyone else miss kick off on 12:02 - Aug 24 with 1592 viewspencoedjack

Anyone else miss kick off on 09:46 - Aug 24 by exiledclaseboy

I don't see the point of having a whizzy new electronic system and still need a person sitting in the turnstile scanning your card for you.

I totally agree ....

If it just to stop people passing their season tickets under the door to waiting mates to reuse .....surely it would be cheaper to employ a decent carpenter to fit something to the bottom of door.

Only in Swansea can an electronic process slow down entry to a ground.
Anyone else miss kick off on 12:39 - Aug 24 with 1517 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Anyone else miss kick off on 11:02 - Aug 24 by Dyfnant

Yeah I was talking to you in the queue

Did I give you a cigarette?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Anyone else miss kick off on 12:42 - Aug 24 with 1505 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Anyone else miss kick off on 12:02 - Aug 24 by pencoedjack

I totally agree ....

If it just to stop people passing their season tickets under the door to waiting mates to reuse .....surely it would be cheaper to employ a decent carpenter to fit something to the bottom of door.

Only in Swansea can an electronic process slow down entry to a ground.

Or indeed have stewards guarding said door

Anyone else miss kick off on 12:43 - Aug 24 with 1443 viewsswans11

People not getting in is shambles. I wonder if any this connected with the people who was sent two season tickets with different seat numbers. System should be fully tested and working for 1st game of season it's not acceptable people miss part match they have legitimate ticket for
Anyone else miss kick off on 12:44 - Aug 24 with 1438 viewsChief

I'm all against turnstyle staff losing jobs, but what the hell is the point in them being there when we have a scanning system? surely we should just stick our card in the wall like we do every other week at every other away ground?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Anyone else miss kick off on 12:46 - Aug 24 with 1432 viewsfbreath

It's fine at the moment while the sun is out but won't be much fun when it's hammering down.

One guy with purchased ticket was rejected entry at14:40 and he was not impressed. How can a computer system generate 2 bar codes with the same number. What they use is very basic to generate the codes

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Anyone else miss kick off on 12:53 - Aug 24 with 1407 viewsCatullus

I agree with the upgrade to stop people scamming a seat. But it should have been done properly. Could we not have gone to look at the system used elsewhere, like the Emirates?
And should we not have organised at least 3 home friendlies to make sure it was working properly?
What they have done is nothing more than half assed and on the cheap.

T2C where are you, you can moan all day about this and I'll agree with you!!

PS, edit to say, I got in no trouble. Got to the ground at 14.40 and was in my seat 5 mins later.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2014 12:55]

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Anyone else miss kick off on 12:55 - Aug 24 with 1398 viewsPhil_S

Anyone else miss kick off on 12:44 - Aug 24 by Chief

I'm all against turnstyle staff losing jobs, but what the hell is the point in them being there when we have a scanning system? surely we should just stick our card in the wall like we do every other week at every other away ground?

Its clearly not the fault of the staff who operate the turnstiles it's the fault of the people who made the decision t o implement the system - thats generally where the buck should stop
Anyone else miss kick off on 13:00 - Aug 24 with 1376 viewsWinchWenJack

Why do people think an a swipe system gives a better response than a hand held scanner? The barcode will give the same reading?

''You're gonna meet some strangers. Welcome to the zoo. Bitter disappointments. Except for one or two. Some of them are angry. Some of them are mean. Most of them are twisted. Few of them are clean.'' 'tans initial phonecall to Solskjaer.

Anyone else miss kick off on 13:01 - Aug 24 with 1374 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Anyone else miss kick off on 12:43 - Aug 24 by swans11

People not getting in is shambles. I wonder if any this connected with the people who was sent two season tickets with different seat numbers. System should be fully tested and working for 1st game of season it's not acceptable people miss part match they have legitimate ticket for

In my case I hadn't had my ST by last Tuesday and phoned up the ticket office and told me they'd have a new one for me in the office if mine didn't arrive. The original came the next day so I thought nothing of it until when at the turnstile the guy scanned it and said it had been cancelled and re-issued. So I had to go back to the TO and wait for 15 mins for the angry queue to subside.
The kid got arrested for continually gobbling off and he's been warned and his final outburst when he was right at the front of the queue was the last straw for the beleaguered stewards who got the police (who in fairness had been watching what was going on) involved. His father didn't help the situation much either being completely unable to calm his boy down . The kid's name was Connor in case anyone knows him

Anyone else miss kick off on 13:03 - Aug 24 with 1358 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Anyone else miss kick off on 12:55 - Aug 24 by Phil_S

Its clearly not the fault of the staff who operate the turnstiles it's the fault of the people who made the decision t o implement the system - thats generally where the buck should stop

So it's YOUR fault board member

Anyone else miss kick off on 13:08 - Aug 24 with 1342 viewsairedale

Anyone else miss kick off on 12:39 - Aug 24 by Brynmill_Jack

Did I give you a cigarette?

Hang on, its Brief Encounter here....
Anyone else miss kick off on 13:11 - Aug 24 with 1332 viewsCatullus

Anyone else miss kick off on 13:01 - Aug 24 by Brynmill_Jack

In my case I hadn't had my ST by last Tuesday and phoned up the ticket office and told me they'd have a new one for me in the office if mine didn't arrive. The original came the next day so I thought nothing of it until when at the turnstile the guy scanned it and said it had been cancelled and re-issued. So I had to go back to the TO and wait for 15 mins for the angry queue to subside.
The kid got arrested for continually gobbling off and he's been warned and his final outburst when he was right at the front of the queue was the last straw for the beleaguered stewards who got the police (who in fairness had been watching what was going on) involved. His father didn't help the situation much either being completely unable to calm his boy down . The kid's name was Connor in case anyone knows him

Just who was he gobbling off? I certainly would have complained!! A teenage boy getting up to that in the ticket office, now if it had been one of the women who did the half time draw!!!!!!!!!1

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024