Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else miss kick off 09:35 - Aug 24 with 12905 viewsDyfnant

I was turned away at turnstile 28 yesterday at 1452 as my ticket had 'already been used'
Proceeded to the ticket office where around 200 others were queuing with similar issues. Got to the front around 1520 and was issued a new card, went to my designated turnstiles and found them all closed. Walked around to the north stand (nearest by this stage) card failed as before and a steward was called. Arrived 5 minutes later and told 1 turnstile will be open on the East, found turnstile, card rejected again.
Back to ticket office, no queue thankfully. Bloke recognised me , took card around the side and handed it back saying it'll work now. Told him I want someone to go with me and someone came from the back to show me the card working on his scanner. Did eventually scan, actually got into the concourse at 1537.
I've no issue with any of the staff involved, they were all great and apologetic when it's clearly not their fault, however someone there is responsible. Is it Huw Cooze? or Leigh Dineen ? because if this happens to me again next week I want whoever it is out there with me.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Anyone else miss kick off on 13:16 - Aug 24 with 1417 viewsC_jack

The problem is the part where you turned up at 14.52

You knew there were going to be teething issues, and delays, if you can't sacrifice 15 minutes to get there earlier then you can't really complain.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Anyone else miss kick off on 13:20 - Aug 24 with 1409 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Anyone else miss kick off on 13:08 - Aug 24 by airedale

Hang on, its Brief Encounter here....

Just trying to put a face to a poster!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Anyone else miss kick off on 13:25 - Aug 24 with 1397 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Anyone else miss kick off on 13:11 - Aug 24 by Catullus

Just who was he gobbling off? I certainly would have complained!! A teenage boy getting up to that in the ticket office, now if it had been one of the women who did the half time draw!!!!!!!!!1

Yeah but like complaining and kicking off to the stewards (who were left holding the baby, did not cause the fiasco and were trying to sort things out) is not going to help is it? By all means complain to the club and get some means of compo off them but I fear that kid will be banned now. All for the sake of a 20 minute delay !

Anyone else miss kick off on 13:26 - Aug 24 with 1388 viewsJackfath

Was he swearing a lot?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Anyone else miss kick off on 13:28 - Aug 24 with 1382 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Anyone else miss kick off on 13:26 - Aug 24 by Jackfath

Was he swearing a lot?

He was calling the ticket office staff thickies and saying they hadn't passed their GCSE's

Anyone else miss kick off on 13:31 - Aug 24 with 1373 viewsJackfath

Anyone else miss kick off on 13:28 - Aug 24 by Brynmill_Jack

He was calling the ticket office staff thickies and saying they hadn't passed their GCSE's

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Anyone else miss kick off on 13:35 - Aug 24 with 1363 viewsWarwickHunt

Anyone else miss kick off on 13:16 - Aug 24 by C_jack

You knew there were going to be teething issues, and delays, if you can't sacrifice 15 minutes to get there earlier then you can't really complain.

You could order a pint at 14.52 in the Builders or Gari , drink it and still make kick-off in the good ol' days.

*wipes away nostalgic tear*
Anyone else miss kick off on 13:39 - Aug 24 with 1352 viewsWinchWenJack

Anyone else miss kick off on 12:46 - Aug 24 by fbreath

It's fine at the moment while the sun is out but won't be much fun when it's hammering down.

One guy with purchased ticket was rejected entry at14:40 and he was not impressed. How can a computer system generate 2 bar codes with the same number. What they use is very basic to generate the codes

You don't say why he was rejected.

''You're gonna meet some strangers. Welcome to the zoo. Bitter disappointments. Except for one or two. Some of them are angry. Some of them are mean. Most of them are twisted. Few of them are clean.'' 'tans initial phonecall to Solskjaer.

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else miss kick off on 13:52 - Aug 24 with 1324 viewsStarsky

What about my son who turned up an hour before kick off and still missed the start of the game?
(Villa real)

It's just the internet, init.

Anyone else miss kick off on 13:52 - Aug 24 with 1323 viewsSpratty

Anyone else miss kick off on 13:28 - Aug 24 by Brynmill_Jack

Wonder if he takes his inspiration from this forum?
Anyone else miss kick off on 13:53 - Aug 24 with 1321 views3swan

Anyone else miss kick off on 11:13 - Aug 24 by Darran

Every car park pass had to be scanned too and they were queuing like 40 cars out to the main road.
An absolutely f*cking joke.

How come things like this only seen to happen at Swansea City then?

Far from sticking up for the club here, but it could happen at many other clubs but I wouldn't take any notice of it

Fans are down the list as far as club owners are concerned as most will still turn up for the next game
Anyone else miss kick off on 13:53 - Aug 24 with 1321 viewsDyfnant

I didn't turn up at 1452 did I. I was in the queue at 1430, in the ground over an hour later. I have better things to do than hang about a concourse an hour before kick off thanks. Sadly your thick attitude is probably shared by the board members. Good timing for them with the fans forum for sure

Anyone else miss kick off on 13:57 - Aug 24 with 1306 views3swan

Anyone else miss kick off on 11:26 - Aug 24 by Jackfath

Who said that?

An upgrade is just that. A grade up on the previous system. Currently, it's plainly obvious it's not an upgrade.

Frankly reports I am reading on here about it make me feel somewhat embarrassed.

It is an upgrade to the system though. (Working or not) as S.T.'s can be switched on and off per game and cup matches added, also match tickets can be printed at home.
Anyone else miss kick off on 14:00 - Aug 24 with 1288 viewsJackfath

Anyone else miss kick off on 13:57 - Aug 24 by 3swan

It is an upgrade to the system though. (Working or not) as S.T.'s can be switched on and off per game and cup matches added, also match tickets can be printed at home.

This thread clearly proves it's not an upgrade on the previous system. It may well prove to be in the future but currently, it's not. Is it?

Anyone else miss kick off on 14:03 - Aug 24 with 1279 views3swan

Anyone else miss kick off on 14:00 - Aug 24 by Jackfath

This thread clearly proves it's not an upgrade on the previous system. It may well prove to be in the future but currently, it's not. Is it?

So there were no problems with the previous system then?

People getting in on the same ST.

Tickets issued to seats that were already allocated to an ST.

2 tickets given out to the same seat number.

There's some that I know happened last season
Anyone else miss kick off on 14:05 - Aug 24 with 1263 viewsJackfath

Anyone else miss kick off on 14:03 - Aug 24 by 3swan

So there were no problems with the previous system then?

People getting in on the same ST.

Tickets issued to seats that were already allocated to an ST.

2 tickets given out to the same seat number.

There's some that I know happened last season

Were there queues of fee paying customers being turned away from turstiles and having to enter a queue outside the ticket office and listen to Connor telling the staff in there they are thick and failed their GCSES last season?

No.

Anyone else miss kick off on 14:06 - Aug 24 with 1260 viewsPhil_S

Anyone else miss kick off on 14:05 - Aug 24 by Jackfath

Were there queues of fee paying customers being turned away from turstiles and having to enter a queue outside the ticket office and listen to Connor telling the staff in there they are thick and failed their GCSES last season?

No.

Have the staff genuinely failed their GCSEs? Was it the lack of certificates on the wall that gave that impression?
Anyone else miss kick off on 14:06 - Aug 24 with 1258 viewsC_jack

Anyone else miss kick off on 13:53 - Aug 24 by Dyfnant

I didn't turn up at 1452 did I. I was in the queue at 1430, in the ground over an hour later. I have better things to do than hang about a concourse an hour before kick off thanks. Sadly your thick attitude is probably shared by the board members. Good timing for them with the fans forum for sure

but others have said they were in the queue at 14.40 and all snuggled in their seat by 14.45?

Anyone else miss kick off on 14:07 - Aug 24 with 1254 viewsJackfath

Anyone else miss kick off on 14:06 - Aug 24 by Phil_S

Have the staff genuinely failed their GCSEs? Was it the lack of certificates on the wall that gave that impression?

Could you put some smilies in that post so I know if you're being serious or not?

Anyone else miss kick off on 14:08 - Aug 24 with 1250 viewsPhil_S

Anyone else miss kick off on 14:07 - Aug 24 by Jackfath

Could you put some smilies in that post so I know if you're being serious or not?

Any of them help?
Anyone else miss kick off on 14:09 - Aug 24 with 1245 views3swan

Anyone else miss kick off on 14:05 - Aug 24 by Jackfath

No.

Ok the previous system was perfect and the Ticket Office staff never got abuse.

It took 5 attempts for my card to be read, so there are obvious faults which should have been sorted by a system check before going live. That doesn't mean the system as a whole is not an upgrade on what we had before.

So we don't agree
Anyone else miss kick off on 14:10 - Aug 24 with 1233 viewsCatullus

Anyone else miss kick off on 13:35 - Aug 24 by WarwickHunt

You could order a pint at 14.52 in the Builders or Gari , drink it and still make kick-off in the good ol' days.

And the beer was better too, until big Phil took over and we started drinking cans!!
I was usually in the Gari, Clarence and sometimes the Builders before a game. Went in the Builders sometimes because the fella (Colin) sponsored our Sunday football team so had to show our faces.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Anyone else miss kick off on 14:16 - Aug 24 with 1204 viewsDyfnant

Anyone else miss kick off on 14:06 - Aug 24 by C_jack

but others have said they were in the queue at 14.40 and all snuggled in their seat by 14.45?

Right, what's your point

Anyone else miss kick off on 14:24 - Aug 24 with 1173 viewsC_jack

Anyone else miss kick off on 14:16 - Aug 24 by Dyfnant

Right, what's your point

I struggle to envisage how you can join a queue 30 minutes before KO, spend 22 minutes in said queue, while others joined 10 minutes later than yourself, and got in within 5 minutes.

Where there other queues of a similar nature to yours? I know the British are particularly stubborn in leaving the queue to join another.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2014 14:24]

Anyone else miss kick off on 14:29 - Aug 24 with 1162 viewsexiledclaseboy

Anyone else miss kick off on 13:35 - Aug 24 by WarwickHunt

We left the pub at 2.30pm yesterday, a whole 15 minutes earlier than usual in anticipation of such "teething problems". Luckily for us we sailed through the queue and turnstile and I was in my seat by 2.45pm. What a complete waste of one pint drinking time.

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024