Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flashing Advertising boards 11:29 - Aug 24 with 15311 viewsFlashberryjack

I sit in the front row, east stand.
I couldn't believe it when I saw the advertising board was not only facing the pitch, but also in the faces of the supporters.
F*cking awful they were! found it hard to concentrate on the game with those flashing lights right in my eye line.
I know a few had to move incase the flashing lights brought on an epileptic fit, I sincerely hope that they won't be on for the next match, or at least be switched off during the game.
On top of that the boards had been moved further out, I assume to make them more visible to fans further back in the stand, but by doing this it completely obstructed about 2 foot of the field and by line.
Anyone else had the same problem?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Flashing Advertising boards on 11:30 - Aug 24 with 8196 viewsJackfath

They're not going to switch them off are they?!

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Flashing Advertising boards on 11:34 - Aug 24 with 8171 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

I had to chuckle when they were announced on the official website as an 'enhancement to the matchday experience'
[Post edited 24 Aug 2014 11:34]

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Flashing Advertising boards on 11:35 - Aug 24 with 8154 viewsJackfath

They shouldn't obstruct the playing area though. That's mental.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Flashing Advertising boards on 11:37 - Aug 24 with 8137 viewsFlashberryjack

Flashing Advertising boards on 11:30 - Aug 24 by Jackfath

They're not going to switch them off are they?!

Why not, if it's causing great irritation to the fans and spoiling their match day experience,
Or do you think the fans count for nothing, when there is revenue to be earned from advertising.

Hello

Flashing Advertising boards on 11:38 - Aug 24 with 8122 viewsJackfath

Flashing Advertising boards on 11:37 - Aug 24 by Flashberryjack

Why not, if it's causing great irritation to the fans and spoiling their match day experience,
Or do you think the fans count for nothing, when there is revenue to be earned from advertising.

Because the sponsors have paid money for you to look at their adverts. Pointless them being on when nobody is in the ground init.

Flashing Advertising boards on 11:46 - Aug 24 with 8073 viewsKennedy

I sit in row H and they got my on tits. Most of the ads were locally based and most of them you could not make out.

It was distracting for me so really feel sorry for people in Row A.

It will be worse at night games as your eye is automatically drawn to the flashing lights. I would want moving if i sat there.

Just call me JFK

Flashing Advertising boards on 11:48 - Aug 24 with 8056 viewsJackfath

They're there to enhance your match day experience.

Flashing Advertising boards on 11:49 - Aug 24 with 8056 viewsFlashberryjack

Flashing Advertising boards on 11:38 - Aug 24 by Jackfath

Because the sponsors have paid money for you to look at their adverts. Pointless them being on when nobody is in the ground init.

Maybe if they sorted the the new ticket scanning out, people would be in the ground earlier to see them, and anyway who the f*ck looks at advertising boards when the game is on.?

Hello

Login to get fewer ads

Flashing Advertising boards on 11:51 - Aug 24 with 8037 viewsJackfath

Flashing Advertising boards on 11:49 - Aug 24 by Flashberryjack

Maybe if they sorted the the new ticket scanning out, people would be in the ground earlier to see them, and anyway who the f*ck looks at advertising boards when the game is on.?

You're missing the point. It's all about making extra money through every possible avenue. Unfortunately if that effects the fans then tough titties. A sad reflection on what we've become.

I agree with all you say. They are damned annoying.

Flashing Advertising boards on 11:52 - Aug 24 with 8037 viewsDarran

I agree with the OP they are f*cking dreadful.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Flashing Advertising boards on 12:09 - Aug 24 with 7964 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Flashing Advertising boards on 11:37 - Aug 24 by Flashberryjack

You probably don't want to hear the honest answer to that question.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Flashing Advertising boards on 12:11 - Aug 24 with 7954 viewsfbreath

Do they have these double sided advertising boards at any other premier league grounds

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Flashing Advertising boards on 12:12 - Aug 24 with 7950 viewsexiledclaseboy

They were very annoying. One of the ads did make me chuckle though, it was for a funeral director (can't remember which one) and the tagline was "Swansea till I die - and after".

Poll: Tory leader

Flashing Advertising boards on 12:19 - Aug 24 with 7919 viewsFlashberryjack

Flashing Advertising boards on 12:09 - Aug 24 by FearOfAJackPlanet

You probably don't want to hear the honest answer to that question.

Yeah! You are right.....unfortunately

Hello

Flashing Advertising boards on 12:23 - Aug 24 with 7886 viewsskippyjack

People who sit in the south at the top.. what is the view like?

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Flashing Advertising boards on 12:33 - Aug 24 with 7842 viewsBovi

Flashing Advertising boards on 12:23 - Aug 24 by skippyjack

People who sit in the south at the top.. what is the view like?

Dreadful. By the 2nd half I had just about trained myself not to glance at the flashing image I was getting in the corner of my eye and I sit quite high up. Feel sorry for anyone in the bottom tier it must be murder

What's wrong with saying Mong's ?

Flashing Advertising boards on 12:38 - Aug 24 with 7813 viewsexiledclaseboy

Flashing Advertising boards on 12:33 - Aug 24 by Bovi

Dreadful. By the 2nd half I had just about trained myself not to glance at the flashing image I was getting in the corner of my eye and I sit quite high up. Feel sorry for anyone in the bottom tier it must be murder

HI Bov, are we friends now?

Poll: Tory leader

Flashing Advertising boards on 12:39 - Aug 24 with 7802 viewsoldcob

I sit in row H, noticed them but not a real nuisance for me. My nephew and his boy are row A and it nearly ruined the game for them.
Flashing Advertising boards on 12:51 - Aug 24 with 7763 viewsFlashberryjack

Flashing Advertising boards on 12:39 - Aug 24 by oldcob

I sit in row H, noticed them but not a real nuisance for me. My nephew and his boy are row A and it nearly ruined the game for them.

I'm pretty sure sitting so close to these flashing advertising boards breaches health and safety regulations.....and we all know how conscious the stewards are in enforcing them when it suits them.
Huw should come across from his ivory tower and try watching a game with these flashing boards stuck in his face.

Hello

Flashing Advertising boards on 12:53 - Aug 24 with 7753 viewsSwanseaJackie

Maybe we should let the businesses who are advertising on the side facing the fans know that we'll all boycott them until they turn it off during the match.
Flashing Advertising boards on 13:00 - Aug 24 with 7717 viewsPrivate_Partz

Wow. The epilepsy thing is really worrying. Does this happen in other grounds or are we a pilot here? I must say I don't recall seeing it anywhere else. Obstructing view of the playing area is also a big no no. Hopefully the Trust can help here by making the fans feelings known.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Flashing Advertising boards on 14:57 - Aug 24 with 7514 viewsNOTRAC

I think a petition is needed to be passed along the first two rows for signature.This could then make the press and really put pressure on for a change.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Flashing Advertising boards on 15:01 - Aug 24 with 7491 viewsDyfnant

Someone will be sitting near the socket, switch them off

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Flashing Advertising boards on 15:03 - Aug 24 with 7476 viewseddie71

Flashing Advertising boards on 14:57 - Aug 24 by NOTRAC

I think a petition is needed to be passed along the first two rows for signature.This could then make the press and really put pressure on for a change.

Well I will sign it if there is one, they got on my tits good and proper. And for that shit carpet place. They can stick thier 10% discount I wouldnt buy there on principle now.
Flashing Advertising boards on 15:16 - Aug 24 with 7426 viewsDyfnant

Thank god for that 'where are your kids' I'd left them in B&Q

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024