Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. 17:33 - Aug 24 with 8082 views_

First and foremost that final whistle meant everything yesterday. The way the game had panned out it just seemed inevitable that Burnley would score and if they had, well, I don't want to think about that.

Games against one of the best teams in the land and a team newly promoted at home would always pose their challenges and it's full credit for us to be sitting on max points so far. When was the last time we won our opening two games I wonder? Having said that, we must learn from yesterday and go into the West Brom with a completely different mentality and arguably, attitude.

As most have mentioned the first half we looked bright. We were crisp in the pass, kept the ball well(ish) and looked to play in their half. Chances were at a premium though but that was nothing like as bad as the second half.

Ki and JJS were pretty dire. They should never be playing together again. When Burnley started to get more on the ball and upped their ante they genuinely looked like they couldn't cope, emotionally as well it seemed which is a big worry. We've got to get somebody in there to intercept, break up play, put fires out or whatever other cliche might be appropriate for a defensive midfielder. If Leon isn't back for another month then we need to really concentrate on this without any further hesitation. Just not having any possession and I think we created one chance all second half is just not on. Dyer and Routs may as well have not been on the pitch as we couldn't get on the ball to feed them. Our counter attacking was poor as well as they were pushing more and more bodies up field and why didn't we stretch them at the back? Inexcusable.

Siggy was also marginalised but at least he was at the highest point in midfield and without the other two behind him winning more ball for us then he was always going to look stranded.

It's a massive 3 points, not on paper before the game, but as it panned out. We may well look back very kindly on dragging out the victory in time. I'd rather we went back to Swansea City though, as Monk might say, and take a grip of the game and control it, especially at home, especially against moderate opposition.

Big performances from Ash in particular, Taylor after last week and Fab. In fact you can throw in the other two in the back 5 as they were solid as well. A lot of people were targeting Rangel before a ball was kicked. Well in the first 2 games I can't think of any time where he's been got at. Quite the opposite in fact.

It's not the back 5 I'd rather be complimenting at home though. Much work needs to be done and they need to study the VT as much as possible from yesterday. Let's not see that again.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 17:35 - Aug 24 with 3667 viewsDarran

It must be killing you.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 17:39 - Aug 24 with 3638 viewsTreforys_Jack

Thought Ki played well until he faded, JJS though looked sluggish and unfit. Agree that the 2 are not compatible atm
6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 17:40 - Aug 24 with 3632 viewswaynekerr55

If Ki and JJS have to play - then one needs to be disciplined and patrol the area in front of the back 4, or WBA will walk away with the 3 points again!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 17:41 - Aug 24 with 3627 views_

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 17:35 - Aug 24 by Darran

It must be killing you.

Ive known of you for twenty plus years, been there done it all with the Swans and still got the scars to prove it. I've been watching the Swans home and away for well over 30, of course it's killing me to see us on max points at the top of the best league in the world.

There you go.... You start a decent football thread and our resident scumbag pops along to veer it off course.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 17:44 - Aug 24 with 3602 views_

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 17:39 - Aug 24 by Treforys_Jack

Thought Ki played well until he faded, JJS though looked sluggish and unfit. Agree that the 2 are not compatible atm

I thought Ki was the worst player on the pitch second half. He was like a completely different player from the blood and guts we saw in the World Cup.

He needs a good kick up his arse and if he's not signed a contract get him out quickly as on yesterday's performance he won't be busting a gut for us this season.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2014 17:45]

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 17:50 - Aug 24 with 3565 viewsPrivate_Partz

A good first half. Not so great second half but we should have been out of sight by then anyway. You have to give credit to Burnley for coming back strongly.
I don't think we need to change much other than be able to blood in the new players WHEN we sign them.
One thing is for certain West Brom will not be any easier. Even a bore draw however will be considered a more than satisfactory start to the season.
I would not have called JJS and Ki dire. They faded second half but overall I thought it was a decent performance in a type of match where we have disappointed many times in the past.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 17:53 - Aug 24 with 3545 viewswaynekerr55

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 17:50 - Aug 24 by Private_Partz

A good first half. Not so great second half but we should have been out of sight by then anyway. You have to give credit to Burnley for coming back strongly.
I don't think we need to change much other than be able to blood in the new players WHEN we sign them.
One thing is for certain West Brom will not be any easier. Even a bore draw however will be considered a more than satisfactory start to the season.
I would not have called JJS and Ki dire. They faded second half but overall I thought it was a decent performance in a type of match where we have disappointed many times in the past.

I'd take a point, given that we expected nil points from Yernited last week!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 17:55 - Aug 24 with 3525 views_

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 17:50 - Aug 24 by Private_Partz

I think the first half has had more credit than it deserved to be honest. Only because we were so hapless in the second.

We had bright spells in the first half but even then they bossed the last 15 / 20 minutes.

A win is a win but it was a poor performance, dire by some.

Login to get fewer ads

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 17:57 - Aug 24 with 3504 views_

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 17:53 - Aug 24 by waynekerr55

No way. We should be going balls out for all 3 against West Brom at home.

9 points after 3 games and we're a quarter of the way there. We'll be well in credit for tougher times ahead.

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 17:58 - Aug 24 with 3489 viewsC_jack

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 17:35 - Aug 24 by Darran

It must be killing you.

You're going to have a job getting all of that sand out of those locks, Darran.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 18:00 - Aug 24 with 3477 viewsPrivate_Partz

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 17:57 - Aug 24 by _

No way. We should be going balls out for all 3 against West Brom at home.

9 points after 3 games and we're a quarter of the way there. We'll be well in credit for tougher times ahead.

Indeed but a return of 7 from 9 would have to be considered a good start. It is going to be tough but there is no doubt 9 out of 9 is within our grasp.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 18:03 - Aug 24 with 3451 viewsMagic_Michu

We're desperate for a defensive midfielder. Hopefully this week we'll see something happen. Probably our most key signing for a few seasons - someone who can come in and learn for the 'Leon' role from the master.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 18:04 - Aug 24 with 3443 viewsC_jack

It still needs a great amount of work, and GM alludes to this regularly, which does please me. Have never faulted his attitude.

Shelvey has not been up to it in the first two, it was glossed over due to the result last week, but he needs to shape the hell up, quickly.

Would like to see Gomis start against WBA, just to shake things up a bit. Starting with the same line up will do not us any favours.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 18:09 - Aug 24 with 3415 viewsDarran

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 17:53 - Aug 24 by waynekerr55

No chance but if we did end next Saturday on 7 points it would still have been an amazing start.

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 18:12 - Aug 24 with 3392 viewsskippyjack

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 17:55 - Aug 24 by _

I think the first half has had more credit than it deserved to be honest. Only because we were so hapless in the second.

We had bright spells in the first half but even then they bossed the last 15 / 20 minutes.

A win is a win but it was a poor performance, dire by some.

So let me get this straight... you think the Monk appointment is wrong?.. yes we're not playing well.. but it's results not performances.. United have won titles by not playing well mun.. Fergie will tell you.. the key thing Monk needs to learn throughout the season.. is selecting the correct players to suit a certain match.. that one or two changes on the team sheet.. that he'll know will cause them problems.. we've got quality options now off the bench..

Man United's weakness was the back 3
Burnley was the full backs getting caught out
Now West Brom.. find the weakness..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 18:18 - Aug 24 with 3353 viewsBrynmill_Jack

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 17:44 - Aug 24 by _

I thought Ki was the worst player on the pitch second half. He was like a completely different player from the blood and guts we saw in the World Cup.

He needs a good kick up his arse and if he's not signed a contract get him out quickly as on yesterday's performance he won't be busting a gut for us this season.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2014 17:45]

One thing was irrefutable, Burnley attacked down the middle of the pitch at will as the second half wore on. If we don't get a CDM by the time the window closes then we may be forced into playing Canas.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 18:20 - Aug 24 with 3342 viewsBrynmill_Jack

It must be killing you.

Come on Darran, he's right in what he posted. It's plain to see by yesterday's second half performance where we are lacking.

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 18:25 - Aug 24 with 3317 views_

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 18:18 - Aug 24 by Brynmill_Jack

One thing was irrefutable, Burnley attacked down the middle of the pitch at will as the second half wore on. If we don't get a CDM by the time the window closes then we may be forced into playing Canas.

Unfortunately I don't think that's even an option and you are right. They got no change from Rangel and Taylor but won the centre battle with some ease.

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 18:29 - Aug 24 with 3288 viewsSkipTheJack

It seems ridiculous of course to be offering any criticism when we're joint top with maximum points, but the two fairly poor performances at home against Villareal and Burnley are a slight worry.

These games follow on from last season where we seemed to have lost the ability to dominate possession at home to some of the division's weaker teams. Don't get me wrong, the character we showed to hold on to those three points yesterday was fantastic, but it would be nice to see a visiting side chasing the ball around like they used to.
6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 18:31 - Aug 24 with 3278 viewsDarran

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 18:20 - Aug 24 by Brynmill_Jack

Come on Darran, he's right in what he posted. It's plain to see by yesterday's second half performance where we are lacking.

Yeah it's called football and I fully expect FF and LB to be in our starting line up shortly and it'll make a difference.

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 18:32 - Aug 24 with 3274 viewsNeathJack

The hard work doesn't start from now, it just continues.
6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 18:32 - Aug 24 with 3267 viewsBrynmill_Jack

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 18:31 - Aug 24 by Darran

Yeah it's called football and I fully expect FF and LB to be in our starting line up shortly and it'll make a difference.

Leon's out for another month at least.

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 18:33 - Aug 24 with 3261 viewsNeathJack

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 18:32 - Aug 24 by Brynmill_Jack

Leon's out for another month at least.

Which is just 3 games mind you.
6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 18:39 - Aug 24 with 3229 viewsBrynmill_Jack

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 18:33 - Aug 24 by NeathJack

Agreed Neefie but we simply can't play that midfield too often. Hell Chico could have actually done a job for us there, had all the tools and the position would be less of a risk for his detractors to worry over his impetuousness rather than at CB.
As he's gone we are left with Canas, a talented player but out of favour with the manager. Surely both could swallow some pride for the good of the club that pays both their wages?

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 18:39 - Aug 24 with 3229 viewsDarran

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 18:33 - Aug 24 by NeathJack

I thought it was funny yesterday when the asbos started singing we're gonna win the league,the downside being a lot of them actually believe it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024