Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. 17:33 - Aug 24 with 8084 views_

First and foremost that final whistle meant everything yesterday. The way the game had panned out it just seemed inevitable that Burnley would score and if they had, well, I don't want to think about that.

Games against one of the best teams in the land and a team newly promoted at home would always pose their challenges and it's full credit for us to be sitting on max points so far. When was the last time we won our opening two games I wonder? Having said that, we must learn from yesterday and go into the West Brom with a completely different mentality and arguably, attitude.

As most have mentioned the first half we looked bright. We were crisp in the pass, kept the ball well(ish) and looked to play in their half. Chances were at a premium though but that was nothing like as bad as the second half.

Ki and JJS were pretty dire. They should never be playing together again. When Burnley started to get more on the ball and upped their ante they genuinely looked like they couldn't cope, emotionally as well it seemed which is a big worry. We've got to get somebody in there to intercept, break up play, put fires out or whatever other cliche might be appropriate for a defensive midfielder. If Leon isn't back for another month then we need to really concentrate on this without any further hesitation. Just not having any possession and I think we created one chance all second half is just not on. Dyer and Routs may as well have not been on the pitch as we couldn't get on the ball to feed them. Our counter attacking was poor as well as they were pushing more and more bodies up field and why didn't we stretch them at the back? Inexcusable.

Siggy was also marginalised but at least he was at the highest point in midfield and without the other two behind him winning more ball for us then he was always going to look stranded.

It's a massive 3 points, not on paper before the game, but as it panned out. We may well look back very kindly on dragging out the victory in time. I'd rather we went back to Swansea City though, as Monk might say, and take a grip of the game and control it, especially at home, especially against moderate opposition.

Big performances from Ash in particular, Taylor after last week and Fab. In fact you can throw in the other two in the back 5 as they were solid as well. A lot of people were targeting Rangel before a ball was kicked. Well in the first 2 games I can't think of any time where he's been got at. Quite the opposite in fact.

It's not the back 5 I'd rather be complimenting at home though. Much work needs to be done and they need to study the VT as much as possible from yesterday. Let's not see that again.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 18:49 - Aug 24 with 1386 viewsskippyjack

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 18:29 - Aug 24 by SkipTheJack

It seems ridiculous of course to be offering any criticism when we're joint top with maximum points, but the two fairly poor performances at home against Villareal and Burnley are a slight worry.

These games follow on from last season where we seemed to have lost the ability to dominate possession at home to some of the division's weaker teams. Don't get me wrong, the character we showed to hold on to those three points yesterday was fantastic, but it would be nice to see a visiting side chasing the ball around like they used to.

3-0.. Cardiff.. 62-38%
1-1 Palace.. 69-31%… 82nd minute penalty
1-2 West Brom..62-38%…85th minute winner
3-0 Norwich..59-41%
1-0 Chelsea..38-62%…10 men..Ba scores in 68th minute
4-1 A.Villa..62-38%
0-1 Southampton..90th minute goal..

3 wins 1 draw and 2 late unlucky defeats.. The Chelsea game was a non event.

We've won 5 of the last 6.. and we're improving defensively.. only a plum could complain about the way we're heading... fans are blind.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 18:59 - Aug 24 with 1365 viewsPhil_S

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 17:44 - Aug 24 by _

I thought Ki was the worst player on the pitch second half. He was like a completely different player from the blood and guts we saw in the World Cup.

He needs a good kick up his arse and if he's not signed a contract get him out quickly as on yesterday's performance he won't be busting a gut for us this season.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2014 17:45]

What happened after NOttingham Forest? I've been keen to know all week

And what happened to Darran at - I think you said - Lincoln
6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 19:00 - Aug 24 with 1360 viewsDarran

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 18:59 - Aug 24 by Phil_S

What happened after NOttingham Forest? I've been keen to know all week

And what happened to Darran at - I think you said - Lincoln

Nothing happened to me it's just his way of getting back at me over his embarrassment.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 19:01 - Aug 24 with 1350 viewsPhil_S

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 19:00 - Aug 24 by Darran

Nothing happened to me it's just his way of getting back at me over his embarrassment.

I think we all have a right to be told both stories and then maybe a poll to decide who we believe?
6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 19:03 - Aug 24 with 1341 viewsDarran

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 19:01 - Aug 24 by Phil_S

I think we all have a right to be told both stories and then maybe a poll to decide who we believe?

I'm not going to mention what happened to him.

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 19:20 - Aug 24 with 1294 viewsswanseacityfan

"When was the last time we won our opening two games I wonder?"

Laudrups first season. QPR away 5-0 and west ham at home (either 2 or 3 nil).
[Post edited 24 Aug 2014 19:21]

"Na na na na na na na na na, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Sigurdsson, Gylfi Sigurdsson"

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 19:27 - Aug 24 with 1278 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Talk about the OP stating the bleeding obvious, which has been on practically every post on here about the game.
Of course GM, the Board and the rest of us don't realise this, they don't watch the games and therefore need telling by the OP.
That isn't why they have been chasing a DM and LB for the last month, they just fancied buying another couple of players to waste the club's money.
6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 19:28 - Aug 24 with 1276 viewsRancid

We drew the 3rd with Sunderland at home.
Login to get fewer ads

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 19:35 - Aug 24 with 1257 viewsNeathJack

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 18:39 - Aug 24 by Brynmill_Jack

Agreed Neefie but we simply can't play that midfield too often. Hell Chico could have actually done a job for us there, had all the tools and the position would be less of a risk for his detractors to worry over his impetuousness rather than at CB.
As he's gone we are left with Canas, a talented player but out of favour with the manager. Surely both could swallow some pride for the good of the club that pays both their wages?

Given that Canas hasn't played a game of football since last season, I think putting him in there now would cause more problems than it solves.

We've got this boy Carroll to come in now and who's to say who may else be signed before Saturday.
6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 19:44 - Aug 24 with 1242 viewsDr_Winston

West Brom at home is a game that the club will have identified as winnable. No reason why we can't with the firepower we've got.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 19:48 - Aug 24 with 1227 viewsswanseacityfan

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 19:44 - Aug 24 by Dr_Winston

West Brom at home is a game that the club will have identified as winnable. No reason why we can't with the firepower we've got.

West brom have never won a premier league away game in the month of August.......

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 19:50 - Aug 24 with 1220 viewsStarsky

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 17:44 - Aug 24 by _

I thought Ki was the worst player on the pitch second half. He was like a completely different player from the blood and guts we saw in the World Cup.

He needs a good kick up his arse and if he's not signed a contract get him out quickly as on yesterday's performance he won't be busting a gut for us this season.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2014 17:45]

I thought Shelvey's unhinged performance affected KI's game.
Would definitely like to see Shelvey benched for the next game, with Ki being told in no uncertain terms to up the ante.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2014 19:07]

It's just the internet, init.

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 19:52 - Aug 24 with 1215 viewsNeathJack

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 19:48 - Aug 24 by swanseacityfan

West brom have never won a premier league away game in the month of August.......

Did you have to?
6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 20:03 - Aug 24 with 1192 viewsWarwickHunt

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 18:39 - Aug 24 by Brynmill_Jack

Agreed Neefie but we simply can't play that midfield too often. Hell Chico could have actually done a job for us there, had all the tools and the position would be less of a risk for his detractors to worry over his impetuousness rather than at CB.
As he's gone we are left with Canas, a talented player but out of favour with the manager. Surely both could swallow some pride for the good of the club that pays both their wages?

He'll never play for us again; I doubt if he's been anywhere near the club since the start of pre-season.
F*ck knows what his crime was...

Doesn't seem like we had much of a plan B when Besic didn't sign. It's all very well doing the "You'll never play for this club again" Billy Big Bollocks routine, not so smart if you haven't got someone nailed on to take his place.
6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 20:06 - Aug 24 with 1182 viewsswanseacityfan

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 19:52 - Aug 24 by NeathJack

Did you have to?

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 20:06 - Aug 24 with 1168 viewsDarran

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 20:03 - Aug 24 by WarwickHunt

He'll never play for us again; I doubt if he's been anywhere near the club since the start of pre-season.

Doesn't seem like we had much of a plan B when Besic didn't sign. It's all very well doing the "You'll never play for this club again" Billy Big Bollocks routine, not so smart if you haven't got someone nailed on to take his place.

He was there yesterday actually.

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 20:08 - Aug 24 with 1159 viewsNeathJack

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 20:03 - Aug 24 by WarwickHunt

Yep, it's been a terrible struggle so far.
6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 20:08 - Aug 24 with 1157 viewsJackfath

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 20:06 - Aug 24 by Darran

He was there yesterday actually.

Yes he was. Sat very near to me. He was in very good spirits with many friends around him.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 20:08 - Aug 24 with 1157 viewsperchrockjack

Ahem...

Keeping personality issues to one side we ve beaten an apparently hopeless manure side away and a tricky newly promoted team who will be treating every game as a cup tie.
It seems out MOTM yesterday was our goalkeeper. Well, when was the last time that happened so progress there then.

It would appear Ki and JJS are the "scapegoats" for the samurai sword that s hovering over them.

Bony seems to be a real team man, Gomis the real deal, Amat not as bad as some (me) thought, and the team is winning even not playing well. Well, I may be a tw@t but that ll do me thanks.

Im assuming the players and Monk are studying chrissy s critique to have us improve to his standards.

Otherwise, its just another opinion on an internet forum.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 20:10 - Aug 24 with 1143 viewsexiledclaseboy

Imagine how many points we'd have got if we weren't so rubbish at everything, eh?

Oh yeah, six.

F*ck me pink. Some people ain't never going to be happy.

Poll: Tory leader

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 20:14 - Aug 24 with 1132 viewsDarran

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 20:08 - Aug 24 by Jackfath

Yes he was. Sat very near to me. He was in very good spirits with many friends around him.

He was loving it having photos with the punters outside the West after the game.

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 20:17 - Aug 24 with 1123 viewsJackfath

I was also intrigued with Bessone making sure Fernandez was enjoying his time at the match. Got me thinking that he was brought here to help him settle and integrate.

A shrewd move perhaps?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 20:20 - Aug 24 with 1116 viewsPacemaker

Canas was in the Vesuvio yesterday before the game with Fede Bessonne and a couple of other blokes having a pre match meal. Seemed pretty chilled they were all laughing and joking.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 20:23 - Aug 24 with 1105 viewsDarran

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 20:20 - Aug 24 by Pacemaker

Canas was in the Vesuvio yesterday before the game with Fede Bessonne and a couple of other blokes having a pre match meal. Seemed pretty chilled they were all laughing and joking.

Still getting his dosh see.

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 20:26 - Aug 24 with 1092 viewsperchrockjack

Im assuming they haven't had their pay docked and simply spending their salary on ephemeral rubbish.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024