Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. 17:33 - Aug 24 with 8235 views_

First and foremost that final whistle meant everything yesterday. The way the game had panned out it just seemed inevitable that Burnley would score and if they had, well, I don't want to think about that.

Games against one of the best teams in the land and a team newly promoted at home would always pose their challenges and it's full credit for us to be sitting on max points so far. When was the last time we won our opening two games I wonder? Having said that, we must learn from yesterday and go into the West Brom with a completely different mentality and arguably, attitude.

As most have mentioned the first half we looked bright. We were crisp in the pass, kept the ball well(ish) and looked to play in their half. Chances were at a premium though but that was nothing like as bad as the second half.

Ki and JJS were pretty dire. They should never be playing together again. When Burnley started to get more on the ball and upped their ante they genuinely looked like they couldn't cope, emotionally as well it seemed which is a big worry. We've got to get somebody in there to intercept, break up play, put fires out or whatever other cliche might be appropriate for a defensive midfielder. If Leon isn't back for another month then we need to really concentrate on this without any further hesitation. Just not having any possession and I think we created one chance all second half is just not on. Dyer and Routs may as well have not been on the pitch as we couldn't get on the ball to feed them. Our counter attacking was poor as well as they were pushing more and more bodies up field and why didn't we stretch them at the back? Inexcusable.

Siggy was also marginalised but at least he was at the highest point in midfield and without the other two behind him winning more ball for us then he was always going to look stranded.

It's a massive 3 points, not on paper before the game, but as it panned out. We may well look back very kindly on dragging out the victory in time. I'd rather we went back to Swansea City though, as Monk might say, and take a grip of the game and control it, especially at home, especially against moderate opposition.

Big performances from Ash in particular, Taylor after last week and Fab. In fact you can throw in the other two in the back 5 as they were solid as well. A lot of people were targeting Rangel before a ball was kicked. Well in the first 2 games I can't think of any time where he's been got at. Quite the opposite in fact.

It's not the back 5 I'd rather be complimenting at home though. Much work needs to be done and they need to study the VT as much as possible from yesterday. Let's not see that again.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 10:15 - Aug 25 with 1551 viewsAngelRangelQS

No way have we been anywhere near our best but that just shows how far we've come on in the last couple of seasons.

3 years ago we'd be sitting here after performances like that desperately picking out the positives from our 1 point so far.

Burnley scored first against Chelsea and controlled large parts of Saturday but have nothing to show for it. That was us not so long ago
6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 12:30 - Aug 25 with 1429 viewsBrynmill_Jack

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 19:50 - Aug 24 by Starsky

I thought Shelvey's unhinged performance affected KI's game.
Would definitely like to see Shelvey benched for the next game, with Ki being told in no uncertain terms to up the ante.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2014 19:07]

Better to drop Shelvey rather than Ki on that evidence?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 12:36 - Aug 25 with 1425 viewsBrynmill_Jack

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 21:19 - Aug 24 by Starsky

I think you'll find we're not the only club in this division looking for last minute new signings before next Monday. Why are you coming down on Monk/Jenkins so hard for?
It ain't a perfect world for a lot of teams in the Premier league, bigger clubs than us too.
Canas has been left out for reasons that the manager/club deemed important.
Laudrup effectively did the same with Ki, his own record signing at the time too.

Last f*cking minute Dave? We've known this since effin April mun!

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 13:06 - Aug 25 with 1402 viewsperchrockjack

I want that post removed. its clearly slander

LET IT GO NOW CHRISSY

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 13:26 - Aug 25 with 1362 viewsBrynmill_Jack

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 13:06 - Aug 25 by perchrockjack

I want that post removed. its clearly slander

LET IT GO NOW CHRISSY

What post Perchie?

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 14:10 - Aug 25 with 1312 viewswaynekerr55

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 13:26 - Aug 25 by Brynmill_Jack

What post Perchie?

That Perch was a bent cop I think

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 14:17 - Aug 25 with 1302 viewsperchrockjack

Lets face it, this was always going to happen as HE is hell bent on a personal crusade . Its just a case of knowing parameters and how scummy some posters are.
The ones involving DARRENS wife a prime example. No way should these people be allowed to post on here. ITS UNFORGIVABLE. WE don't need them, they add nothing but hate and bile and simply casue strife.

I d suggest anyone, if defamed on a public forum such as this would se their arse .

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 18:50 - Aug 25 with 1231 viewsCatullus

The hard work already started, but it needs to carry on. I'd suggest playing Fernandez at cdm if we have no other option. Or at least think about it as option, whoever starts at cb.
I'd start Montero too. Let him loose, tell him to get at the full back. Then, when and if he tires we have Routs or Dyer.
JJS was the worst player for me. He's the one I'd drop.

But no one can argue we need a proper cdm before the window closes. Though I don't get the panic over Leons age, he's got a couple of seasons left in him yet!

Fao ecb, no one is unhappy. That's probably the best post by T2C I've seen in ages. He has raised genuine issues. True we are all aware of them, but this is a forum!

I won't be happy with a draw Saturday, as things stand. 3 points again and we are flying, it's not just the confidence boost, it's making the oppo worried about us and yes, over 20% of the way to survival after just 3 games!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 19:08 - Aug 25 with 1213 viewsStarsky

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 12:36 - Aug 25 by Brynmill_Jack

Last f*cking minute Dave? We've known this since effin April mun!

Read it again Bryn.
I know that but as I said at the start. It ain't a perfect world is it?

It's just the internet, init.

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 14:04 - Aug 26 with 1111 views_

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 14:17 - Aug 25 by perchrockjack

Lets face it, this was always going to happen as HE is hell bent on a personal crusade . Its just a case of knowing parameters and how scummy some posters are.
The ones involving DARRENS wife a prime example. No way should these people be allowed to post on here. ITS UNFORGIVABLE. WE don't need them, they add nothing but hate and bile and simply casue strife.

I d suggest anyone, if defamed on a public forum such as this would se their arse .

Are you talking about yourself Dickcock?

That's an uncanny resemblance you paint there?

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 16:01 - Aug 26 with 1045 viewsperchrockjack

dickcockpenis.? You ve given that one before a thousand times.

You ve slagged off disabled people, people without whom we d have no club at all for you to poison and you re simply digging deeper into the abysss of hate.
Get a life, come out ,find a woman or man to love, read good books, play guitar more often-learn harmonics, fingerstyle,anotation, song writing, help in and old folks home to learn some respect, find JESUS , go fishing, learn to crochet but do something before its too late and you realise one day you really have been vile beyond belief and brought shame on yourself.

Or just weep

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 17:31 - Aug 26 with 1016 viewsApeShit

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 16:01 - Aug 26 by perchrockjack

dickcockpenis.? You ve given that one before a thousand times.

You ve slagged off disabled people, people without whom we d have no club at all for you to poison and you re simply digging deeper into the abysss of hate.
Get a life, come out ,find a woman or man to love, read good books, play guitar more often-learn harmonics, fingerstyle,anotation, song writing, help in and old folks home to learn some respect, find JESUS , go fishing, learn to crochet but do something before its too late and you realise one day you really have been vile beyond belief and brought shame on yourself.

Or just weep

You are f*cking bonkers mate!

You've just been slagging off everyone from the Valley's in another thread?

"Valley Warriors"
6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 18:12 - Aug 26 with 999 viewsDr_Winston

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 17:31 - Aug 26 by ApeShit

"Valley Warriors"

Yeah, but it's ok when he does it.

Hypocrisy is his favourite thing in the world.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 18:48 - Aug 26 with 975 viewsDavillin

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 17:31 - Aug 26 by ApeShit

"Valley Warriors"

What's "bonkers" about that post?

Is it better or worse than some of the other posts in this thread?

A book on etiquette should be required reading before posting on these PlanetSwans boards. With a passing grade on an examination at the end.

But then, we aren't publishing books on etiquette any more, are we? Wait a minute! Yes we are!

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_2_9?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-k

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 19:20 - Aug 26 with 952 viewsApeShit

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 18:48 - Aug 26 by Davillin

What's "bonkers" about that post?

Is it better or worse than some of the other posts in this thread?

A book on etiquette should be required reading before posting on these PlanetSwans boards. With a passing grade on an examination at the end.

But then, we aren't publishing books on etiquette any more, are we? Wait a minute! Yes we are!

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_2_9?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-k

I didn't say the post was bonkers, I said he was.
6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 20:11 - Aug 26 with 926 viewsDavillin

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 19:20 - Aug 26 by ApeShit

I didn't say the post was bonkers, I said he was.

Ah, that makes it all better.

Huh? Did I just write that? I'm going to assume that "bonkers" is not a bad word, but rather means "devilishly witty."

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 20:23 - Aug 26 with 915 viewsStarsky

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 20:11 - Aug 26 by Davillin

Ah, that makes it all better.

Huh? Did I just write that? I'm going to assume that "bonkers" is not a bad word, but rather means "devilishly witty."

Or 70s urban speak... He's a crazy dude

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 20:27 - Aug 26 with 911 viewsDavillin

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 20:23 - Aug 26 by Starsky

Or 70s urban speak... He's a crazy dude

The one sad thing about being old.

"Crazy dude" morphs into "devilishly clever." I get it now. Political correctness rears its ugly head yet again.

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 20:31 - Aug 26 with 904 viewsStarsky

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 20:27 - Aug 26 by Davillin

The one sad thing about being old.

"Crazy dude" morphs into "devilishly clever." I get it now. Political correctness rears its ugly head yet again.

Serious question.
Which decade of your life passed the quickest Tony?
I'm 55. The last 10 years seem more like 3 years.

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 20:36 - Aug 26 with 897 viewsDavillin

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 20:31 - Aug 26 by Starsky

Serious question.
Which decade of your life passed the quickest Tony?
I'm 55. The last 10 years seem more like 3 years.

Wow! I never thought of that. Serious answer.

I suppose it's my age, but every one of them now feels like it lasted no more than a second. Even the last one.

Wow!

Wow!

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 20:59 - Aug 26 with 884 viewsStarsky

6 out of 6 but the real hard work needs to start from now. on 20:36 - Aug 26 by Davillin

Wow! I never thought of that. Serious answer.

I suppose it's my age, but every one of them now feels like it lasted no more than a second. Even the last one.

Wow!

Wow!

You've just confirmed it for me.
The older you get, the quicker time passes.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024