Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
easy to knock england 08:44 - Sep 4 with 9072 viewsdoogi55

well lets say this a new team of good young players there a quite a few who are injured but it will take time .you have to give the players a chance.
i think baines will be out once shaw is fit so the back four wont look so bad midfield needs tweeking wishire is not the playerthe press and he thinks he his .he needs to play stirling at the top of the diamond .with walcott and lallam on the wings up front welbeck storage or rooney. its a team for the future not now
hart,
stones,cahill,jones,shaw
llallana/rodregez stirling henderson walcott
welbeck rooney/sturidge
easy to knock england on 18:16 - Sep 6 with 1583 viewsdaveB

easy to knock england on 15:17 - Sep 5 by Match82

I wonder how much influence Hodgson is put under to play the big names - is it really his choice? Like you say he's a proven manager, who has shown formation/player flexibility in the past.

The FA want to sell England broadcasts to other countries (despite evidence to the contrary are England are still considered a "big name") who have more interest in watching England play than people in England do. When "big name" players are playing, there's more people that want to watch the games and hence more income from advertising - so FA can sell the rights to the games at a higher price. Therefore FA appoint a manager on the condition that he plays the players that people want to see, rather than the ones which are best.

Conspiracy theory? Perhaps. But would explain a hell of a lot.

It's an English thing, we always want the big names and never want to play the ugly players who do a job for the team, been the same for decades
easy to knock england on 18:36 - Sep 6 with 1572 viewsTW_R

easy to knock england on 18:16 - Sep 6 by daveB

It's an English thing, we always want the big names and never want to play the ugly players who do a job for the team, been the same for decades

Rooney has got to be one of the ugliest players I've ever seen!
easy to knock england on 00:10 - Sep 7 with 1533 viewsNortholt_Rs

easy to knock england on 12:44 - Sep 5 by daveB

I quite lke Hodgson and think he has an impossible job turning that squad into anything decent when the nations obsession over captains means he has to play Rooney in every game.

Saying that though starting 4-4-2 in that game with those players was pretty stupid.

Looking at that squad though it is very weak, any manager would struggle to make them interesting

Nope - he's always been a mediocre manager producing boring teams who play uninspiring football. Add to that the fact he is a dinosaur with regard to the modern game's formation and tactics = the perfect storm. 40,000 at Wembley for any national game is a disgrace and to win by a penalty with a phucking painfully dire performance against a team most Championship sides would beat shows clearly why this clown should not be England manager. Steve Bruce anybody?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

easy to knock england on 11:06 - Sep 7 with 1490 viewsRblock_James

easy to knock england on 00:10 - Sep 7 by Northolt_Rs

Nope - he's always been a mediocre manager producing boring teams who play uninspiring football. Add to that the fact he is a dinosaur with regard to the modern game's formation and tactics = the perfect storm. 40,000 at Wembley for any national game is a disgrace and to win by a penalty with a phucking painfully dire performance against a team most Championship sides would beat shows clearly why this clown should not be England manager. Steve Bruce anybody?

Spot on.
easy to knock england on 13:08 - Sep 7 with 1475 viewswood_hoop

easy to knock england on 14:02 - Sep 5 by themodfather

i can get very passionate about england...i just had no belief in the last world cup campaign
pretty poor...then to make rooney the capt , imo is an insult..the man who does not do the anthem, slagged off england fans at sth africa world cup etc

i was hoping enlgand fa would start a new era....built on the capable youth and u20s/u21s...add hart, barkley, sterling and no longer retain players over 27/28 ( cos by then they have their multi million contract and seem to switch off...how to motivate rooney on £300k a week??) bar the goalie.
we invest so much in the national team for so little result, maybe a shake up would do some good??

I also feel it deeply, lucky enough to be around in 66 & 70, and hard not to compare the sides and managers since, Ramsey had a few 'water carriers' in his teams and definitly got the best out of players who maybe were not what you would call nowadays world class, feel it almost a betrayal to the memories of the 66 team that the players now seem not to understand just how important it is when pulling on the England shirt, I am sure they feel a pride of sorts,just don't handle the pressure anywhere nearly as well,as for the managers, Robson to me has come the closest to emulating something of the spirit of 66, Clough not being chosen was the biggest mistake the doyens of the FA have ever made, they have had some very unsuitable appointments over the years and it shows just how backward they have been for a generation.

I don't know if the current crop of younger players are any good at international level, be nice for the manager to really let them loose, with a few of the more experienced players to hold them in check when needed, even Rooney, in a deeper role, maybe not quite the player he was, but no denying he has shown a talent that many others haven't , his experience could be invaluble, having the captains armband maybe a bigger honour to him than thought, a different pressure on him now, not only to win games virtually singlehanded as in the past but leading the way for players coming through, deeper role will give him a better vision of the game, encourage and guide those who may be struggling a little to cope with the different 'beast' the international games are.

I despair at times when watching England play, these are games where our best talent comes to the fore, no matter what great club form they have seems only occasionally to be transfered to international games, that boils down to the manager and his assitants not doing their job, tough being so critical, tournament qualifying should almost be a no brainer, winning a totally different animal, but to come back from WC & EC with our tail between our legs is shameful for a nation where the sport is our No1 for funds, participants and facilities, plus the legacy past teams have left us.

Sorry for such a long tirade but I doubt left on this earth for many more years, would be nice to have a team that in some way emulates my enduring memory the legends of 66 gave me.
easy to knock england on 13:35 - Sep 7 with 1462 viewsisawqpratwcity

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

easy to knock england on 15:21 - Sep 7 with 1431 viewskensalriser

Where does this notion come from that England should be or have ever been a leading football team? We've made it to one major final in all history. Improving won't be effected by changing the manager and/or picking different players and using different tactics, it will only happen by chaning the entire football culture in England and that would take a generation at least.

Clough...is it a given that he would have led England to victory? Where he built sides with underperformers, outcasts and misfits, gave them a chance and instigated an us against them mentality, he succeeded. When he walked into Leeds, a big club with an established side, he failed miserably because the players' egos were bigger than his.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024