Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
God we really need a defensive midfielder. 20:03 - Sep 13 with 3519 viewsMyFinalHeaven

If this Chelsea game proved anything, its that we need a decent DM. We're so vulnerable in that area it's not even funny. I don't know how much longer we can go on like this.

What makes this so much more infuriating is how we tried to sign either Stambouli, Cork, Cigarini, or Yeltsin Tejeda in the last transfer window and in the end, we couldn't get any of them.

Come on you Swans.

God we really need a defensive midfielder. on 20:11 - Sep 13 with 2776 viewsSTEVE1

Well Everton had McCarthy and Barry and conceded 6. We have played 3 games before today and we have not been found short I agree it would be nice to have another option but we were playing one of the best teams in europe today
God we really need a defensive midfielder. on 20:24 - Sep 13 with 2737 viewsSS2013

We lost 4-2 to the future champions! That game is hardly anything to go on matey

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

God we really need a defensive midfielder. on 20:43 - Sep 13 with 2682 viewsPrivate_Partz

God we really need a defensive midfielder. on 20:24 - Sep 13 by SS2013

We lost 4-2 to the future champions! That game is hardly anything to go on matey

Indeed, it seems we need another DM when playing the best in the division. I would not worry about this match. If we get caught out against teams in 'our league' then is the time to worry.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

God we really need a defensive midfielder. on 20:46 - Sep 13 with 2675 viewsjackolantern

They flooded the midfield 2nd half, pressed more to stop time on the ball, Ramires although a proper dirty 2@ changed things. Pass accuracy today suffered, give it away and invite pressure. That's it really.
God we really need a defensive midfielder. on 20:56 - Sep 13 with 2646 viewsAnotherJohn

Not saying that we didn't give Chelsea a good game today, but my ears pricked up a bit when Sky Sports mentioned Jack Cork's excellent performance against the Toon. In an ideal world...
God we really need a defensive midfielder. on 20:58 - Sep 13 with 2639 viewsNeathJack

Why do I get the feeling that the OP, who appears to be a new member, is a multi of someone already infesting this board?
God we really need a defensive midfielder. on 20:58 - Sep 13 with 2635 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Huw was too busy signing academy players to work on Garry's targets ;)

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

God we really need a defensive midfielder. on 20:59 - Sep 13 with 2630 viewsperchrockjack

You re slip is showing neil

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Login to get fewer ads

God we really need a defensive midfielder. on 21:02 - Sep 13 with 2626 viewsKulusBeatFactory

God we really need a defensive midfielder. on 20:58 - Sep 13 by NeathJack

Why do I get the feeling that the OP, who appears to be a new member, is a multi of someone already infesting this board?

back on topic.......

Totally need a 6ft Leon asap
God we really need a defensive midfielder. on 21:27 - Sep 13 with 2574 viewsSTEVE1

God we really need a defensive midfielder. on 20:58 - Sep 13 by NeathJack

Exactly the same thoughts went through my mind.
God we really need a defensive midfielder. on 21:28 - Sep 13 with 2562 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I'd be playing Caroll ahead of Shelvey from here on in.

Shelvey can have a game when Siggy needs a rest but that's it.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

God we really need a defensive midfielder. on 21:31 - Sep 13 with 2557 viewsPrivate_Partz

God we really need a defensive midfielder. on 20:46 - Sep 13 by jackolantern

They flooded the midfield 2nd half, pressed more to stop time on the ball, Ramires although a proper dirty 2@ changed things. Pass accuracy today suffered, give it away and invite pressure. That's it really.

Pass accuracy suffered because of Chelsea pressing. We need to give them credit for that. Also Jack Cork doing well against the Toon? If we do not do well against Newcastle In midfield then I will worry.
Having said that I still think we need to strengthen the DM area in January.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

God we really need a defensive midfielder. on 21:43 - Sep 13 with 2523 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

I know, just how much longer can we go picking up 3 wins out of every 4 played? It's just horrendous.

And I like, totally agree that a game away to one of the best teams in Europe is the time to prove or disprove our squad strengths and weaknesses, you're so right.

My.Eyes.F*ck.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

God we really need a defensive midfielder. on 21:52 - Sep 13 with 2496 viewsSwansNZ

Besic

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

God we really need a defensive midfielder. on 21:55 - Sep 13 with 2482 viewsNeiltheTaylor

God we really need a defensive midfielder. on 21:52 - Sep 13 by SwansNZ

Besic

Yeah he could have been passing the ball to Chelsea to score like he was for Everton the other week!

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

God we really need a defensive midfielder. on 21:58 - Sep 13 with 2471 viewsSwansNZ

God we really need a defensive midfielder. on 21:55 - Sep 13 by NeiltheTaylor

Yeah he could have been passing the ball to Chelsea to score like he was for Everton the other week!

Exactly

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

God we really need a defensive midfielder. on 23:56 - Sep 13 with 2306 viewsGlyn1

God we really need a defensive midfielder. on 21:43 - Sep 13 by FearOfAJackPlanet

I know, just how much longer can we go picking up 3 wins out of every 4 played? It's just horrendous.

And I like, totally agree that a game away to one of the best teams in Europe is the time to prove or disprove our squad strengths and weaknesses, you're so right.

My.Eyes.F*ck.

No-one's upset that we lost away to Chelsea. However we do all know that finding a hard-tackling defensive midfielder is our most urgent problem. I'm just a little surprised how few of them there seem to be.

And is it really true that Shelvey and Syggi are competing for the same place? If so, then go for whoever's younger

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

God we really need a defensive midfielder. on 23:58 - Sep 13 with 2302 viewsStarsky

God we really need a defensive midfielder. on 21:55 - Sep 13 by NeiltheTaylor

It's just the internet, init.

God we really need a defensive midfielder. on 07:56 - Sep 14 with 2122 viewsjack247

God we really need a defensive midfielder. on 20:24 - Sep 13 by SS2013

Is exactly right. As much as we do need a DM, losing at Stamford Bridge isn't the litmus test, most teams will do it.

If Shelvey and Ki get torn apart in the next 3 league games, the argument holds a bit more water.
God we really need a defensive midfielder. on 08:14 - Sep 14 with 2102 viewsdameedna

God we really need a defensive midfielder. on 07:56 - Sep 14 by jack247

Is exactly right. As much as we do need a DM, losing at Stamford Bridge isn't the litmus test, most teams will do it.

If Shelvey and Ki get torn apart in the next 3 league games, the argument holds a bit more water.

That man in my avatar ball boy incident coming inside and playing havoc combined with Costa pulling away was significant. Leon may have been in better positions to cut out the threat or keep the ball longer but our midfield trio ran the show for most of the first half. We were stretched by a good team and if we had gone 2 up we might have won. Far more complicated than believing in the virtues of a DM. I think a DM would have been over run not matter who he was. Chelsea were on fire and at home and we were unlucky not to really stick it to them in the first 30 minutes.
God we really need a defensive midfielder. on 08:15 - Sep 14 with 2102 viewshammy

We had a very good first half yesterday and could have been 2 up at half-time, having had the better chances. Mourinho then made his change in midfield and pressed the life out of us, which caused us to give the ball away cheaply. Not sure a pure DM would have done much about that, but probably would have made the second half goals more difficult to score; but who knows, Chelski have some of the best attacking midfielders in the World.

Even though we were under the cosh for most of the second half we still managed to make a few good chances and scored an excellent goal. I quite like the balance of the team at the moment, which gives us plenty of attacking options.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

God we really need a defensive midfielder. on 08:23 - Sep 14 with 2083 viewsBrynmill_Jack

God we really need a defensive midfielder. on 21:31 - Sep 13 by Private_Partz

Pass accuracy suffered because of Chelsea pressing. We need to give them credit for that. Also Jack Cork doing well against the Toon? If we do not do well against Newcastle In midfield then I will worry.
Having said that I still think we need to strengthen the DM area in January.

This. They pressed us with energy in the second half and Leon would have made a difference with the way he can react quickly under pressure while receiving the ball. Ironically Chico was good in the same situations too but in all Chelsea were playing like European champions let alone PL winners elect.

I'll take 3 wins and one defeat from every 4 league games we play

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

God we really need a defensive midfielder. on 08:35 - Sep 14 with 2062 viewsdameedna

It's a hat trick positive comments

I saw a player in Ki that I did not know was in there, he made some good attacking runs in the first half
God we really need a defensive midfielder. on 09:43 - Sep 14 with 1965 viewsQuakerJack

God we really need a defensive midfielder. on 08:35 - Sep 14 by dameedna

It's a hat trick positive comments

I saw a player in Ki that I did not know was in there, he made some good attacking runs in the first half

Yeah I think Leon, Ki, Sigurdsson is our midfield 3.

Could be worse, could have lost by that score to Norwich at home.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

God we really need a defensive midfielder. on 04:54 - Sep 15 with 1779 viewsjackedup

God we really need a defensive midfielder. on 08:23 - Sep 14 by Brynmill_Jack

This. They pressed us with energy in the second half and Leon would have made a difference with the way he can react quickly under pressure while receiving the ball. Ironically Chico was good in the same situations too but in all Chelsea were playing like European champions let alone PL winners elect.

I'll take 3 wins and one defeat from every 4 league games we play

But the fact is that Swansea were outplayed in the second halves of 3 of those 4 matches. They were hanging on for dear life against Burnley.

I rarely saw the same kind of meltdowns during the Laudrup era, even when they had Europa to deal with. Everton at home and Liverpool away were bad, but in both of those cases, they never really had the upper hand.

We saw this same sort of meltdown a few times under Monk last season -- Crystal Palace was the most noteworthy.

It seems to me that the staff don't have the expertise the top teams do when it comes to physical conditioning. I don't know why Monk seems to think he doesn't need a dedicated conditioning coach, because he definitelly does.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024