Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vision or Division? 14:22 - Oct 5 with 1577 viewsBFCSupportersTrust

Walking out of Bloomfield Rd on Friday on the 53rd minute was a very surreal experience. It wasn't something I (and no doubt many others) wanted to be doing. I have never done it before and I hope I never have to do it again.

On exiting the ground onto Bloomfield Road we were greeted by a group of fans who hadn't been to the game but nevertheless had felt compelled to come down to applaud those who left. They also wanted to make the point to our owners that things need to change. It was a small gesture but one that was greatly appreciated by myself and others. As I made my way home that night I found myself questioning how things have come to be as bad as this:

1/ Why do large sections of our core fan base feel so disenfranchised?

2/ Why is it Chairman and manager seem unable to communicate effectively?

3/ What exactly has caused BFC's owners' spectacular fall out?

4/ Why do we have a situation where fans are seen to be falling out with fellow fans, when they all share the passion that is BFC?

5/ Why do we repeatedly hear fans complaining they can't coax their children to Bloomfield Rd anymore?

6/ What's caused up to 4000 fans to stay way despite the massive discounts?

I have pondered these questions over the last 48 hours and have reflected on how the division that is tearing our great club apart can be addressed.

Whatever answers the individual fan reaches, the simple truth is: it doesn't have to be like this. How refreshing would it be to feel that we were all pulling in the same direction again?

I posed a question in the title to this piece. The answer lies with Owen and Karl. They have the power to effect change. If they continue as they are, it's difficult to see how the rifts in the various relationships can be healed. That will almost inevitably lead us down one road. Make no mistake about it even if, by the miraculous efforts of the player and manager, we avoid relegation this season, it is very likely that we will suffer the same difficulties next season and relegation may prove inevitable.

No one wants that do they? Relegation would lead to a loss of TV and corporate revenues and the further erosion of the fan base. Riga and the players most certainly won't want that on their CV's. As for the fans, none of us can want to suffer the 29 years we endured following our last relegation from the second tier of English football.

Pretty much every BFC fan I've ever spoken to is realistic and doesn't expect players to be offered ridiculous salaries or over-inflated transfer fees to be paid. Neither do they begrudge our owners a fair profit on their investment.

They do, however, expect OUR manager to be backed not undermined, OUR players not to be treated as commodities with a shelf life of 12 months or less, OUR stadium to be maintained, OUR fan base to be respected, to know that there is a strategy for OUR Club and for owners to deliver on the training ground promises that will be OUR community legacy from the Premiership sojourn.

As I said above, two people hold the key to the answers. Only they can provide clear and unequivocal support for the manager they appointed and who has shown great dignity during this trying time. Only they can deliver good young players on fair contracts that allow them to put down roots and develop into the heroes we and our children crave. Only they can carry out all necessary repairs at the stadium and build a fit-for-purpose training ground (which with community use could easily be a profit-making enterprise). They and only they can develop and share their vision for the future of BFC and most importantly do all that they can to heal the rifts between themselves and the fan base.

BFC is at the biggest crossroads since 1978. Time is running out.

Further division or a new progressive vision - which is it to be?

Tim Fielding

BST Chairman
Vision or Division? on 14:27 - Oct 5 with 1189 views1953Original

I find the interesting thing in all of this is who/what do we expect the Chairman to go out and buy? I have seen more than enough players who I bet are on a good £25k a week come to Bloomfield Road and flatter to deceive.

The key for me is what KO said he wanted last year which is to bring through the youth system (which looks about as good as it has been in recent years) and attract talented young players to Bloomfield Road. The problem there is the Harrison McGahey example. I think Karl has a vision but sadly it's blurred by his skinflint ways!

Poll: League One Play Off Winners?

Vision or Division? on 14:31 - Oct 5 with 1184 viewsBFC_Tim

Vision or Division? on 14:27 - Oct 5 by 1953Original

I find the interesting thing in all of this is who/what do we expect the Chairman to go out and buy? I have seen more than enough players who I bet are on a good £25k a week come to Bloomfield Road and flatter to deceive.

The key for me is what KO said he wanted last year which is to bring through the youth system (which looks about as good as it has been in recent years) and attract talented young players to Bloomfield Road. The problem there is the Harrison McGahey example. I think Karl has a vision but sadly it's blurred by his skinflint ways!

The problem is we have divided ourselves as fans. We are only strong when we're together as we proved on Friday with that tremendous support in the last 10 minutes. You are never going to get rid of the Oyston's - they are here to stay and I can't see much to change that. I suggest BST HAS to work with BSA and eventually work with BFC. We seem to have lost all momentum and drive - we need fans back, that is down to results on the pitch and until the end of the year that is going to be down to Jose and the players. We have enough quality to achieve that and now as fans let's start supporting that.

Start with £10 a fan for the Ipswich game in November.

Poll: Who reckons we'll beat Watford?

Vision or Division? on 15:36 - Oct 5 with 1153 viewschesterbfc

Vision or Division? on 14:31 - Oct 5 by BFC_Tim

The problem is we have divided ourselves as fans. We are only strong when we're together as we proved on Friday with that tremendous support in the last 10 minutes. You are never going to get rid of the Oyston's - they are here to stay and I can't see much to change that. I suggest BST HAS to work with BSA and eventually work with BFC. We seem to have lost all momentum and drive - we need fans back, that is down to results on the pitch and until the end of the year that is going to be down to Jose and the players. We have enough quality to achieve that and now as fans let's start supporting that.

Start with £10 a fan for the Ipswich game in November.

I agree with everything written but I think your emphasis must be to push for a proper training set up. This is a realistic demand and one which for some reason or other the owners have neglected completely. Home grown players at Bloomfield have always been treated as heroes and without naming some were pretty poor. Local players breed young supporters, a connection to the Town etc.
As regards to signings they can point to Davis, The Rochdale whiz kid McKenzie, Chopra etc who they had either paid good money for or awarded longer contracts only to see sick notes handed in.as examples of either bad management or just bad choices .Hence I can see their reluctance to give a relatively untested manager big funds.
I agree with the Club,s bonus system which gives players who may never get the chance normally, an outside chance of proper money but think KO has taken the training ground, shirt washing etc to a level that is just pure wrong. Sorta "feed the dogs raw meat" approach which can never work in 2014 as it did in 2007 onwards.
Friday showed that really everybody who cares one way or the other are really all wanting ONE OUTCOME,A Winning team UTP
Vision or Division? on 16:29 - Oct 5 with 1134 viewsWizaard

Well said Tim, and nothing there that anyone sane would disagree with.

From the tenor of the message, I think you accept that the Oystons are going nowhere any time soon, so it becomes critical that both sides don't become that embittered that there is no hope of any compromise.

From the owners off the field, we need to see urgent action on the development of the training ground and the much needed repairs to the stadium as a bare minimum.

For what it's worth, I think the immediate threat to Jose has gone, as it's clear that he is a good coach. From the summer impasse, I don't think Karl thinks much of his acumen in acquiring players. Some way round that needs to be found and four or so quality players added as a spine to the team.

Come January, we need to assess the situation, strengthen as appropriate and begin negotiations with those players who are deemed to add value. Let's activate those clauses and get some stability to the playing staff, something we've not had for a couple of years at least.

The other side of the coin is that the constant abuse needs to be tempered, and a slight shift in target. As Tim implies in his questions, if the Oystons are seen to be addressing the issues, then we as fans need to lay off slightly, As I said, they're going nowhere, despite what some see as signs of a planned withdrawal.

No doubt I'll be immediately labelled an apologist but we have to find some common ground or the club really is going to hell in a handcart. Conversation will achieve more than strident hectoring from a distance.
Vision or Division? on 16:54 - Oct 5 with 1126 viewsPlumbs

Vision or Division? on 16:29 - Oct 5 by Wizaard

Well said Tim, and nothing there that anyone sane would disagree with.

From the tenor of the message, I think you accept that the Oystons are going nowhere any time soon, so it becomes critical that both sides don't become that embittered that there is no hope of any compromise.

From the owners off the field, we need to see urgent action on the development of the training ground and the much needed repairs to the stadium as a bare minimum.

For what it's worth, I think the immediate threat to Jose has gone, as it's clear that he is a good coach. From the summer impasse, I don't think Karl thinks much of his acumen in acquiring players. Some way round that needs to be found and four or so quality players added as a spine to the team.

Come January, we need to assess the situation, strengthen as appropriate and begin negotiations with those players who are deemed to add value. Let's activate those clauses and get some stability to the playing staff, something we've not had for a couple of years at least.

The other side of the coin is that the constant abuse needs to be tempered, and a slight shift in target. As Tim implies in his questions, if the Oystons are seen to be addressing the issues, then we as fans need to lay off slightly, As I said, they're going nowhere, despite what some see as signs of a planned withdrawal.

No doubt I'll be immediately labelled an apologist but we have to find some common ground or the club really is going to hell in a handcart. Conversation will achieve more than strident hectoring from a distance.

You're an apologist Wizz

Good post and thanks for letting us drive down the A62 thru Bratfurd yesterday.

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

Vision or Division? on 17:11 - Oct 5 with 1123 viewsWizaard

Vision or Division? on 16:54 - Oct 5 by Plumbs

You're an apologist Wizz

Good post and thanks for letting us drive down the A62 thru Bratfurd yesterday.

Vision or Division? on 17:50 - Oct 5 with 1113 viewsTang67

Some good posts and good to see different opinions being expressed
For me me I think it is too early to seek dialogue with the O's - ffs the pre and early season was negligence taken to a whole new level
Trying to appoint new manager while Riga was still in post and already some are suggesting an accommodation with the owners and put the problems behind us
At no point have a read or heard the Oystons accept responsibility for the discord , maladministration or duplicity
Once they do this and commit to creating a different way of doing things then we can start talking dialogue
Jeez one good result and all is well
Some way to go yet

Poster formerly known as bisphamtang

Vision or Division? on 18:06 - Oct 5 with 1107 viewsWizaard

Vision or Division? on 17:50 - Oct 5 by Tang67

Some good posts and good to see different opinions being expressed
For me me I think it is too early to seek dialogue with the O's - ffs the pre and early season was negligence taken to a whole new level
Trying to appoint new manager while Riga was still in post and already some are suggesting an accommodation with the owners and put the problems behind us
At no point have a read or heard the Oystons accept responsibility for the discord , maladministration or duplicity
Once they do this and commit to creating a different way of doing things then we can start talking dialogue
Jeez one good result and all is well
Some way to go yet

I haven't said put it behind us. I said if they start to deliver on the bare minima laid out in Tim's questions, then there has to be dialogue between the fans and the owners rather than the open warfare currently underway.

PS On Wednesday night, Oyston acknowledged that he'd made mistakes over the summer. No doubt it will be in the Gazette when Will Watt writes it up.
Login to get fewer ads

Vision or Division? on 10:32 - Oct 6 with 1077 viewsArchibaldKnox

Vision or Division? on 18:06 - Oct 5 by Wizaard

I haven't said put it behind us. I said if they start to deliver on the bare minima laid out in Tim's questions, then there has to be dialogue between the fans and the owners rather than the open warfare currently underway.

PS On Wednesday night, Oyston acknowledged that he'd made mistakes over the summer. No doubt it will be in the Gazette when Will Watt writes it up.

And how many times has KO said 'We've made mistakes, things will be different' then?
Eventually he might mean it, but sadly no-one will believe him then

BST has the leaders, the energy and the initiative at the moment. They seem to have strategy developing and their first moves have been well thought out (Bloomfield Rd registered as community asset etc). With the #footballfirst banner on prominent display on Friday night most lightly informed people could be forgiven for thinking it was BST which was the 'official' fans grouping.

BSA are pretty much a busted flush now. It is BSA which should be making the overtures of cooperation if the fans are to be united (I believe there has been a tentative meeting of minds). So far BSA has tried to remain aloof from protests and 'have the owners ear'. But they are tired, and currently lacking in credibility despite their acknowledged past achievements. I doubt there is much planned in the way of leadership or its succession (the voting structure is byzantine), and so they are fading away both in numbers and spirit. And it's the owners who choose not to have meaningful dialogue with them. I await the minutes of the last BSA-KO meeting with interest.

And the Oystons will be going sometime. Tempus fugit... and all that.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2014 10:37]
Vision or Division? on 10:47 - Oct 6 with 1068 viewsWizaard

Vision or Division? on 10:32 - Oct 6 by ArchibaldKnox

And how many times has KO said 'We've made mistakes, things will be different' then?
Eventually he might mean it, but sadly no-one will believe him then

BST has the leaders, the energy and the initiative at the moment. They seem to have strategy developing and their first moves have been well thought out (Bloomfield Rd registered as community asset etc). With the #footballfirst banner on prominent display on Friday night most lightly informed people could be forgiven for thinking it was BST which was the 'official' fans grouping.

BSA are pretty much a busted flush now. It is BSA which should be making the overtures of cooperation if the fans are to be united (I believe there has been a tentative meeting of minds). So far BSA has tried to remain aloof from protests and 'have the owners ear'. But they are tired, and currently lacking in credibility despite their acknowledged past achievements. I doubt there is much planned in the way of leadership or its succession (the voting structure is byzantine), and so they are fading away both in numbers and spirit. And it's the owners who choose not to have meaningful dialogue with them. I await the minutes of the last BSA-KO meeting with interest.

And the Oystons will be going sometime. Tempus fugit... and all that.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2014 10:37]

If the sole plan is predicated on the Oystons' departure then we're stuffed. We need to have some form of dialogue for the medium term at least. Thinking they're about to leave is wishful thinking at best and stifles alternative routes of action. IMO
Vision or Division? on 11:13 - Oct 6 with 1054 viewsRusty2Stands

Vision or Division? on 10:47 - Oct 6 by Wizaard

If the sole plan is predicated on the Oystons' departure then we're stuffed. We need to have some form of dialogue for the medium term at least. Thinking they're about to leave is wishful thinking at best and stifles alternative routes of action. IMO

there has to be dialogue between the fans and the owners rather than the open warfare currently underway.

Never a truer word spoken.
Open warfare just about sums it up and that's no good for either party.
I had the misfortune to work under a manager who caused almost open warfare in the workplace. He treated the staff with total derision and it wasn't long before deep divisions opened up and people were pulling in different directions. It goes without saying, the company suffered badly as a result.
A very similar situation to BFC, where the man at the top is so pig headed and divisive.
It needs everybody pulling in the same direction to make any business/company/football club succesful.
Sadly, I just can't see KO changing and I think it's gone past the point where there's any chance of reconciliation between the fans and the Oystons.
The divisions are too wide and the wounds too deep.
It's a crying shame, because it wouldn't have taken much on KO's part to heal things.
Vision or Division? on 11:26 - Oct 6 with 1048 viewshertfordseasider

Vision or Division? on 11:13 - Oct 6 by Rusty2Stands

there has to be dialogue between the fans and the owners rather than the open warfare currently underway.

Never a truer word spoken.
Open warfare just about sums it up and that's no good for either party.
I had the misfortune to work under a manager who caused almost open warfare in the workplace. He treated the staff with total derision and it wasn't long before deep divisions opened up and people were pulling in different directions. It goes without saying, the company suffered badly as a result.
A very similar situation to BFC, where the man at the top is so pig headed and divisive.
It needs everybody pulling in the same direction to make any business/company/football club succesful.
Sadly, I just can't see KO changing and I think it's gone past the point where there's any chance of reconciliation between the fans and the Oystons.
The divisions are too wide and the wounds too deep.
It's a crying shame, because it wouldn't have taken much on KO's part to heal things.

I can't believe anyone thinks the O's will ever change, look at the last 3 years! He had a chance from May this year....... He blew it. Wake UP! There will only ever be division whilst the O's are in charge, why should we believe they will ever change, give me something that seriously suggests that will happen? Plus we have our first "wait and regroup in January" quote, I am sick of hearing it! When nothing happens then it will be wait till May, hope we stay up and we can rebuild from a clean slate, it makes you want to scream!! Get your heads out of the sand, please!
Vision or Division? on 12:13 - Oct 6 with 1022 viewsWizaard

Vision or Division? on 11:26 - Oct 6 by hertfordseasider

I can't believe anyone thinks the O's will ever change, look at the last 3 years! He had a chance from May this year....... He blew it. Wake UP! There will only ever be division whilst the O's are in charge, why should we believe they will ever change, give me something that seriously suggests that will happen? Plus we have our first "wait and regroup in January" quote, I am sick of hearing it! When nothing happens then it will be wait till May, hope we stay up and we can rebuild from a clean slate, it makes you want to scream!! Get your heads out of the sand, please!

I bring it back to what makes you think they're leaving?

It's just as pig headed to insist that the only solution is for them to leave. Given that they're not, in your eyes there is no solution. In which case, how on earth can you move on? That explains the current frustration because you're never going to be satisfied.

Alternatively, Tim's points are addressed and progress can be made within the existing framework. It's not as if any fans are asking for the moon on a stick.

Having the Oystons out as the only end game isn't an immediate option. Tim's questions need to be addressed by the Chairman, the manager and the supporters' representatives of all persuasions. That's the only way that progress can be made in the short and medium term.

I fully accept that progress isn't there at present because none of the points are being addressed. That's why I'm not saying give him another chance. I'm saying we need to see tangible progress; is that too much to ask for?

My worry is that it's got to the point where any attempt to address the issues will be met with a cacophony of "Too little, too late", meaning it all comes to a grinding halt. Again.

To some extent, that's already happening, as can be seen from this thread, and any you care to read on the other board
Vision or Division? on 12:30 - Oct 6 with 1011 viewshertfordseasider

Vision or Division? on 12:13 - Oct 6 by Wizaard

It's just as pig headed to insist that the only solution is for them to leave. Given that they're not, in your eyes there is no solution. In which case, how on earth can you move on? That explains the current frustration because you're never going to be satisfied.

Alternatively, Tim's points are addressed and progress can be made within the existing framework. It's not as if any fans are asking for the moon on a stick.

Having the Oystons out as the only end game isn't an immediate option. Tim's questions need to be addressed by the Chairman, the manager and the supporters' representatives of all persuasions. That's the only way that progress can be made in the short and medium term.

I fully accept that progress isn't there at present because none of the points are being addressed. That's why I'm not saying give him another chance. I'm saying we need to see tangible progress; is that too much to ask for?

My worry is that it's got to the point where any attempt to address the issues will be met with a cacophony of "Too little, too late", meaning it all comes to a grinding halt. Again.

To some extent, that's already happening, as can be seen from this thread, and any you care to read on the other board

I never sid they were going to leave, they could be here for years yet. If they are the divisions will remain, it will never change because they aren't for changing. If they did, I would embrace it, but history tells me there is little to no chance of that happening.

I hope they leave, but I don't think they will in a hurry, sadly. It is up to them to start making positive moves, things that we can see are happening not just empty promises at key times of the season and then not delivering. Like I said. Show me something that proves they will change.
Vision or Division? on 12:30 - Oct 6 with 1010 viewsRusty2Stands

Vision or Division? on 12:13 - Oct 6 by Wizaard

Wiz, I admire your optimism.
You're quite right in that the Oystons may be around for quite a while yet.
You are also right that there is pig headidness on both sides.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't BST offered the olive branch to KO on a few occasions about opening a dialogue? And wasn't that olive branch thrown back in their faces?
I wouldn't say BST have been pig headed in their attempts to communicate, but KO certainly has.
He has so far made no attempt to address the issues, whereas BST have.
There is only so long you can bang your head against a brick wall, eventually the headache becomes too painful.
How long do you wait for the points to be addressed?
Because there doesn't seem to be any movement from KO to do so and he hasn't exactly got form for reconciliation.
Vision or Division? on 12:39 - Oct 6 with 1001 viewsMrTangerineMan

Apart from the training ground becoming a reality (Players spend the vast majority of their football time at the embarrassment called Squires Gate) I would like two things to happen:-

1, Karl Oyston to "Move" sideways and just play with the money and appoint a Director of Football who has a football brain/contacts to deal with transfers/youth policy/help Riga etc. etc. I don't think KO will ever have a proper relationship now with fans - it's gone too far.
2. The main reason in my opinion why we always have and always will struggle to attract players pre-season and at other times is KO's stance on Agents (Ironic with the family's past association to an Estate Agency). It's like shopping a Tesco but only being allowed to go down one aisle. That has got to change or we will always have one hand tied behind our back.
Vision or Division? on 12:46 - Oct 6 with 996 viewsWizaard

Vision or Division? on 12:30 - Oct 6 by Rusty2Stands

Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't BST offered the olive branch to KO on a few occasions about opening a dialogue? And wasn't that olive branch thrown back in their faces?
I wouldn't say BST have been pig headed in their attempts to communicate, but KO certainly has.
There is only so long you can bang your head against a brick wall, eventually the headache becomes too painful.
Because there doesn't seem to be any movement from KO to do so and he hasn't exactly got form for reconciliation.

You're absolutely right in that he hasn't previously shown any sign of doing anything at all, yet I think he knows that the club is at a crossroads, mainly as a result of his muleishness, and something has to give.

Does it matter if he speaks to BST direct, or is the main point that he thinks on and acts on the questions as outlined by Tim? For me, it really doesn't matter that they don't speak, so long as the points made are addressed.

Despite what some say about there being no progress, we've seen new seats installed, lamps obtained for grass growth at the South end, a better pitch. All of these came about after being raised by the fans. Not much, but it shows that things can be done. That's why it's important that any sign of progress isn't decried for being tokenism. Things can change. We can call for it in a constructive manner. That's all I'm asking for.
Vision or Division? on 12:51 - Oct 6 with 994 viewsTangent

The present owners have had time since they, (not the club) received the lottery win that promotion to the Premier league gave them, to invest some of the money back into the club. Up to the present date I can't come up with any investment that has added anything positive to the footballing side of Blackpool FC since that sunny day in May 2010.

I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would think that the owners are going to change tack now when they haven't done before.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2014 12:52]

“Unlike other clubs, we do things properly.” — Karl Oyston - 2013

Vision or Division? on 12:57 - Oct 6 with 982 viewsRusty2Stands

Vision or Division? on 12:46 - Oct 6 by Wizaard

You're absolutely right in that he hasn't previously shown any sign of doing anything at all, yet I think he knows that the club is at a crossroads, mainly as a result of his muleishness, and something has to give.

Does it matter if he speaks to BST direct, or is the main point that he thinks on and acts on the questions as outlined by Tim? For me, it really doesn't matter that they don't speak, so long as the points made are addressed.

Despite what some say about there being no progress, we've seen new seats installed, lamps obtained for grass growth at the South end, a better pitch. All of these came about after being raised by the fans. Not much, but it shows that things can be done. That's why it's important that any sign of progress isn't decried for being tokenism. Things can change. We can call for it in a constructive manner. That's all I'm asking for.

muleishness,
That one made me smile Wiz.
Is it a real word?
Vision or Division? on 13:07 - Oct 6 with 973 viewsWizaard

Vision or Division? on 12:57 - Oct 6 by Rusty2Stands

muleishness,
That one made me smile Wiz.
Is it a real word?

It's a proper word, although the formal spelling may not have the 'e' in it
Vision or Division? on 13:10 - Oct 6 with 969 viewsArchibaldKnox

Vision or Division? on 12:30 - Oct 6 by Rusty2Stands

KO will never want to be seen dancing to BST's tune. That is his ego, his stubbornness, his great weakness.
Which is a great shame for all of us since BST are actively driving the agenda with KO and OO purely reactive. Reactive, because they don't have an active plan beyond extracting the cash.
Vision or Division? on 14:18 - Oct 6 with 950 viewsRusty2Stands

Vision or Division? on 13:07 - Oct 6 by Wizaard

It's a proper word, although the formal spelling may not have the 'e' in it

Just looked it up, and you're right there is no e.
mulishness - of or like a mule, as being very stubborn, obstinate, or intractable.
Yep, I think that's a pretty good description of KO.

Back on track, like I've said I admire your optimism.
But I can't help thinking that optimism is dependent on KO changing and starting meaningful dialogue, and not just stuff like the one way conversation his column provides in the gazette.
The things you mentioned, the seats, the pitch etc, are all to be welcomed.
But they are another example of KO acting reactively and not proactively.
The pitch was in such a state, something HAD to be done.
The seats were falling apart, some were actually dangerous to sit on. Again something HAD to be done.
I've no doubt that if a piece of soffit cladding fell off the West and hit someone, KO would do something. But it's all reactive with him. He has to be forced in to a corner before he'll do anything.

I really hope your optimism is right, as none of us like what we are seeing at the moment.
My own opinion is you may have a long wait for KO to change his spots.
In the meantime, the club and the fans continue to suffer.
Vision or Division? on 15:10 - Oct 6 with 941 viewsWizaard

Vision or Division? on 14:18 - Oct 6 by Rusty2Stands

Just looked it up, and you're right there is no e.
mulishness - of or like a mule, as being very stubborn, obstinate, or intractable.
Yep, I think that's a pretty good description of KO.

Back on track, like I've said I admire your optimism.
But I can't help thinking that optimism is dependent on KO changing and starting meaningful dialogue, and not just stuff like the one way conversation his column provides in the gazette.
The things you mentioned, the seats, the pitch etc, are all to be welcomed.
But they are another example of KO acting reactively and not proactively.
The pitch was in such a state, something HAD to be done.
The seats were falling apart, some were actually dangerous to sit on. Again something HAD to be done.
I've no doubt that if a piece of soffit cladding fell off the West and hit someone, KO would do something. But it's all reactive with him. He has to be forced in to a corner before he'll do anything.

I really hope your optimism is right, as none of us like what we are seeing at the moment.
My own opinion is you may have a long wait for KO to change his spots.
In the meantime, the club and the fans continue to suffer.

I think the current unrest will force more reactive behaviour. So long as it benefits the club, I'm not that bothered as to the cause. The one area where he could be proactive is in developing the training ground. Even then, it could be argued that that's as a consequence of the fans and players demanding it.

The closure of the airport may actually help with that development as it is dependent on additional land becoming available.
Vision or Division? on 16:31 - Oct 6 with 922 viewsArchibaldKnox

Vision or Division? on 15:10 - Oct 6 by Wizaard

I think the current unrest will force more reactive behaviour. So long as it benefits the club, I'm not that bothered as to the cause. The one area where he could be proactive is in developing the training ground. Even then, it could be argued that that's as a consequence of the fans and players demanding it.

The closure of the airport may actually help with that development as it is dependent on additional land becoming available.

If extra land from the airport were available now, then it would still be two years before any thing was planned, never mind built. The airport saga is going to drag on as well. I cannot see an expanded and upgraded Squires Gate TG being available for many years, perhaps 4 or 5. The O's just don't do things quickly unless pushed into a corner. The temporary East Stand replaced the appalling GK East only because the Prem would not have allowed us to host games otherwise.

Edit to say: I'd rather that the airport was kept open.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2014 10:57]
Vision or Division? on 22:12 - Oct 7 with 839 viewsclarkestattoo

I'd love to be a fly on the wall between KO and Riga - I get the feeling that their relationship is about as harmonious as Owen's and Vicky - this could ironically be good for the club because of Riga's popularity will Ko take more of a back seat position, give him the budget and let him get on with it?

Poll: Do you think Riga will still be in charge next Saturday?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024