Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Right you lot, listen up 20:51 - Oct 5 with 15484 viewsScoobyDoo

I hope you're going to turn up next week to boost the crowd as we ourselves are hoping to see a decent side out there on the hallowed turf as we are not seeing it at present. SUPPORT WALES, as we are all Welsh. arn't we?
Right you lot, listen up on 15:11 - Oct 8 with 1449 viewsWxmJax

Right you lot, listen up on 21:47 - Oct 5 by jack_lord

All ten of them

Probably best not to comment on things you don't know anything about. There has always been a big following from up north for Wales games. If Wales hadn't played Iceland at The Vetch and Scotland at Anfield or virtually any match at Ninian Park then they would probably have got to two finals. The players always preferred to play at The Racecourse but don't take my word for it, take a look at the results.

Just saying.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Right you lot, listen up on 15:23 - Oct 8 with 1436 viewsbuilthjack

Yes, I saw lots of games at Wrexham, Wales were always passionate at the Racecourse. The European qualifier v Austria stands out, Arfon Griffiths scoring the only goal. If memory serves me right it took Wales to the last 8 of the Euros.
The 4-1 win over England there was another memorable occasion.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Right you lot, listen up on 15:36 - Oct 8 with 1416 viewsNeathJack

Right you lot, listen up on 14:10 - Oct 8 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Regardless of attendance I'm of the opinion all competitive matches should be played in the capital city.

Maybe play a couple of friendlies around the country as a thank you to the supporters who travel but all qualifiers etc should be kept in Cardiff.

Why?
Right you lot, listen up on 15:52 - Oct 8 with 1399 viewsWxmJax

Right you lot, listen up on 15:23 - Oct 8 by builthjack

Yes, I saw lots of games at Wrexham, Wales were always passionate at the Racecourse. The European qualifier v Austria stands out, Arfon Griffiths scoring the only goal. If memory serves me right it took Wales to the last 8 of the Euros.
The 4-1 win over England there was another memorable occasion.

I missed that game as I was having my appendix out. The 4-1 was fantastic as was the 1-0 and also the 3-0 against Spain. I had coaching sessions with both the England and Wales squads during the early 70's. They used to do them at Plas Madoc Leisure Centre, can't imagine that happening now. I went in to one room and there was Keegan and Terry Yorath and in to the next were Shilton and Gary Sprake (my mum was in school with his sister). Happy days.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Right you lot, listen up on 17:37 - Oct 8 with 1314 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Right you lot, listen up on 15:36 - Oct 8 by NeathJack

Why?

I just believe games should be kept in the capital of the country where possible.

Cardiff is the biggest city, has the most football fans and has the best transport links.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Right you lot, listen up on 17:53 - Oct 8 with 1300 views1jack

Right you lot, listen up on 14:10 - Oct 8 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Regardless of attendance I'm of the opinion all competitive matches should be played in the capital city.

Maybe play a couple of friendlies around the country as a thank you to the supporters who travel but all qualifiers etc should be kept in Cardiff.

Can't disagree with that, keep the scummers where they belong.
Right you lot, listen up on 18:11 - Oct 8 with 1284 viewsScoobyWho

Right you lot, listen up on 17:37 - Oct 8 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I just believe games should be kept in the capital of the country where possible.

Cardiff is the biggest city, has the most football fans and has the best transport links.

Cardiff is the capital with more seats that remain unfilled.
Depends what your trying to achieve when you make statements like this.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Right you lot, listen up on 18:49 - Oct 8 with 1256 viewswestside

try queuing up outside cardiff central for two hours and then try telling those people cardiff has excellent transport
Login to get fewer ads

Right you lot, listen up on 19:14 - Oct 8 with 1229 viewsScoobyWho

At the end of the day scooby doo little is just trying to point score that Cardiff fans will kick your head in if your a swans fan at Wales games. And in MY experience this hasn't happenned.

Pointless toss of an OP.

Right you lot, listen up on 19:38 - Oct 8 with 1210 viewsNeathJack

Right you lot, listen up on 17:37 - Oct 8 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Other than England (due to having to pay for Wembley), which other countries across Europe only host games in their capital city?
Right you lot, listen up on 19:55 - Oct 8 with 1182 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Right you lot, listen up on 19:38 - Oct 8 by NeathJack

Other than England (due to having to pay for Wembley), which other countries across Europe only host games in their capital city?

My knowledge of international football stadiums isn't magnificent so I'm unable to compile a list off the top of my head.

I would suspect that most, if not all countries play either in the capital city or in the city with the largest stadium suitable for international football, just like Wales appear to be doing for now.

Right you lot, listen up on 19:57 - Oct 8 with 1181 viewsCatullus

Right you lot, listen up on 15:37 - Oct 6 by Edmundo

The the last time I went we were confronted by bluebirds in home shirts, shouting vitriolic anti Swansea stuff.
Last time I went away, we had to merge with a group of Wrexham fans as your lot were 'hunting for jacks'.

Thats my reason for not following Wales any more at Cardiff or away.

I still support Wales though and wish them all the best with this campaign.

Yeah, I know people who got attacked in Italy (during the Hughes reign) and I myself got a rough ride at a bar in Moscow......yes from Cardiff fans wearing Cardiff shirts.

Maybe that was when I stopped bothering with International football/Wales. I don't know. But it's not worth all the BS you have to put up with in Cardiff to watch Wales.

But good fishing expedition Scoob. You know full well plenty of Jacks go but won't/can't advertise it because of Cardiff thugs!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Right you lot, listen up on 20:05 - Oct 8 with 1169 viewsScoobyWho

Right you lot, listen up on 19:57 - Oct 8 by Catullus

Yeah, I know people who got attacked in Italy (during the Hughes reign) and I myself got a rough ride at a bar in Moscow......yes from Cardiff fans wearing Cardiff shirts.

Maybe that was when I stopped bothering with International football/Wales. I don't know. But it's not worth all the BS you have to put up with in Cardiff to watch Wales.

But good fishing expedition Scoob. You know full well plenty of Jacks go but won't/can't advertise it because of Cardiff thugs!!

Well, I recall a few hundred Swansea mob in Cardiff a couple of years ago, not a lot of threatening behaviour from them then though. Funny that.

Right you lot, listen up on 20:05 - Oct 8 with 1168 viewsSTEVE1

Same I was out in Italy with the family did not get attacked but Newport supporters did in a pub near by and you were never at ease.
Right you lot, listen up on 20:08 - Oct 8 with 1165 viewsRancid

I'll be watching it on the TV and hope we win but would never go to Cardiff City's stadium to watch a game other than if the Jacks were playing there so it might be a while yet.Get them back at the Millenium and I'd go again.
Right you lot, listen up on 20:10 - Oct 8 with 1159 viewsNeathJack

Right you lot, listen up on 19:55 - Oct 8 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

My knowledge of international football stadiums isn't magnificent so I'm unable to compile a list off the top of my head.

I would suspect that most, if not all countries play either in the capital city or in the city with the largest stadium suitable for international football, just like Wales appear to be doing for now.

You would assume wrong.

The majority share the games out around the country rather than centralise them all in one place. It allows easier access to the games for different people which is important seeing as it is team representing the whole nation, not just the capital.
Right you lot, listen up on 20:20 - Oct 8 with 1146 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Right you lot, listen up on 20:10 - Oct 8 by NeathJack

You would assume wrong.

The majority share the games out around the country rather than centralise them all in one place. It allows easier access to the games for different people which is important seeing as it is team representing the whole nation, not just the capital.

I believe in Europe it is only Germany who play their competitive matches in various stadia around the country, while Spain and Italy often rotate between two stadia.

The rest play in one stadium.

Internationally Brazil play in different cities but I can't think of any others.

Right you lot, listen up on 20:23 - Oct 8 with 1135 viewsRancid

Right you lot, listen up on 20:20 - Oct 8 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I believe in Europe it is only Germany who play their competitive matches in various stadia around the country, while Spain and Italy often rotate between two stadia.

Internationally Brazil play in different cities but I can't think of any others.

Italy play all around the country.Napoli, Turin, Rome, Milan.
Right you lot, listen up on 20:32 - Oct 8 with 1113 viewsNeathJack

Right you lot, listen up on 20:20 - Oct 8 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Again, wrong.

Look at Portugal's home fixture venues

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portugal_national_football_team_results

Italy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italy_national_football_team_match_results#2013

Spain

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spain_national_football_team_results#2010.E2.80.932

Switzerland

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switzerland_national_football_team_2000%E2%80%9319_

Sweden

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweden_national_football_team_results_%E2%80%93_201

There are plenty of others.
Right you lot, listen up on 20:32 - Oct 8 with 1113 viewsSTEVE1

Right you lot, listen up on 20:23 - Oct 8 by Rancid

So do Spain, also the quote was that games should be in the capital city which puts it further off track there are countries that never use its capital such as scotland and Germany.
Right you lot, listen up on 20:33 - Oct 8 with 1110 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Right you lot, listen up on 20:23 - Oct 8 by Rancid

Thank you. So that's Germany and Italy. Hardly the majority. They also happen to be two of the biggest international teams in world football, comparing Wales to them is silly. We are best playing either in Cardiff or if we are going down the other route then play in the worst, most cramped stadium possible. I'm sure we'd be better off with a sell-out at The Racecourse with 10,000 or so passionate Wales fans creating an intimidating atmosphere than a 3/4's full Cardiff City stadium or a 1/2 full Liberty Stadium.

Right you lot, listen up on 20:45 - Oct 8 with 1092 viewsScoobyDoo

Right you lot, listen up on 19:14 - Oct 8 by ScoobyWho

At the end of the day scooby doo little is just trying to point score that Cardiff fans will kick your head in if your a swans fan at Wales games. And in MY experience this hasn't happenned.

Pointless toss of an OP.

Tell you what butt, you are a freak no mistake

Apparently over 24000 sold so far and heading for a sell out for Wales not Cardiff you stupid little boy. Now go and play with your.................................
............................................................................................................
rattle.
Right you lot, listen up on 20:51 - Oct 8 with 1082 viewsScoobyDoo

Not fishing at all my old mate, there again only a certain type would think i was.

Its not about club football Friday its about Wales, feck me we used to get 60000 at the Millenium without any trouble so why wouldn't it be the same Friday?

Fecking grow up.
Right you lot, listen up on 20:57 - Oct 8 with 1077 viewspencoedjack

Right you lot, listen up on 20:33 - Oct 8 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Thank you. So that's Germany and Italy. Hardly the majority. They also happen to be two of the biggest international teams in world football, comparing Wales to them is silly. We are best playing either in Cardiff or if we are going down the other route then play in the worst, most cramped stadium possible. I'm sure we'd be better off with a sell-out at The Racecourse with 10,000 or so passionate Wales fans creating an intimidating atmosphere than a 3/4's full Cardiff City stadium or a 1/2 full Liberty Stadium.

I thought Wembley was less than half full for England's last fixture, when they beat the mighty Norway by a Rooney penalty.

Comparing England to the likes of Germany Italy Brazil & Spain is also rather silly.
Right you lot, listen up on 21:03 - Oct 8 with 1060 viewsScoobyDoo

Right you lot, listen up on 10:57 - Oct 8 by whiterock

Scooby, what's it like being a bully on your own patch?

Not that its right but a group of neandethals pitched up for a low key match at the Liberty, got a good shoeing and so did their mini-bus parked in Lidl's in Morriston.

Can't see the point but we get it in bucket loads, even fathers with young children, why?

The ironic thing is they wear blue when both Cardiff City and Wales play in red

Who are you calling a bully butt when you contradict yourself by saying what happened at Morriston and promote violence with the swimaway? Only in Swansea

When wales are playing Friday i won't be asking the guy or lady next to me what club he or she supports, because i won't give a toss.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2014 21:11]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024