Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone still believe we can do it? 16:39 - Nov 23 with 2431 viewswe_are_Superior

Have to say when Clark arrived I thought we might get the new manager bounce but 2 points from 12 would hardly indicate that will happen and in truth we need 4 wins from the next 6 games to get to 20 points by the halfway stage and am not sure about anyone else but I just can't see it happening.

Poll: Would Richie Kyle make a good manager?

Anyone still believe we can do it? on 16:50 - Nov 23 with 1791 viewsHappy_Satsuma

87 points left to win it would be ridiculous to say we can't get out of this. However we need 3.wins before Xmas to have a fighting chance. Saturday is massive as Rotherham are on a real wobble.

Poll: Riga - Stay or Go

Anyone still believe we can do it? on 17:35 - Nov 23 with 1778 viewsOdinsRaven

Anyone still believe we can do it? on 16:50 - Nov 23 by Happy_Satsuma

87 points left to win it would be ridiculous to say we can't get out of this. However we need 3.wins before Xmas to have a fighting chance. Saturday is massive as Rotherham are on a real wobble.

Fooking no chance. Down by Xmas. Only one clown to blame plus his mushrooms...
Anyone still believe we can do it? on 18:11 - Nov 23 with 1758 viewsRusty2Stands

Not a chance of staying up.
Nailed on relegation certainties.
Prepare for another long stint in the lower leagues.
Anyone still believe we can do it? on 18:24 - Nov 23 with 1756 viewsdazbaz70

Anyone still believe we can do it? on 18:11 - Nov 23 by Rusty2Stands

Not a chance of staying up.
Nailed on relegation certainties.
Prepare for another long stint in the lower leagues.

Hahaha. Hahaha hahaha. Er no.
Anyone still believe we can do it? on 20:07 - Nov 23 with 1737 viewsOsbourne

Anyone still believe we can do it? on 18:24 - Nov 23 by dazbaz70

Hahaha. Hahaha hahaha. Er no.

Pool could still get 44 points.

Would that be enough 2014-15?

I don't know.

Pool still have a chance, but results are vital now. Pool should of found a way to get the 3 points yesterday.
Anyone still believe we can do it? on 20:18 - Nov 23 with 1728 viewscrewcut

A chance to survive. Undoubtedly

Likely to survive. No.
Anyone still believe we can do it? on 11:58 - Nov 24 with 1698 viewsLala

Anyone still believe we can do it? on 20:18 - Nov 23 by crewcut

A chance to survive. Undoubtedly

Likely to survive. No.

I actually think we can, I think we will start to see us bag a few 3 pointers soon and we only need 3 more of those than our bottom of table counterparts over 28 games, that is so not insurmountable.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Anyone still believe we can do it? on 12:21 - Nov 24 with 1689 viewsTangent

Anyone still believe we can do it? on 11:58 - Nov 24 by Lala

I actually think we can, I think we will start to see us bag a few 3 pointers soon and we only need 3 more of those than our bottom of table counterparts over 28 games, that is so not insurmountable.

And then what? Rinse and repeat and hope we escape again next season with a totally different squad? Is that it? Is that what watching Blackpool FC has come down too?

“Unlike other clubs, we do things properly.” — Karl Oyston - 2013

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone still believe we can do it? on 12:24 - Nov 24 with 1686 viewsLala

Anyone still believe we can do it? on 12:21 - Nov 24 by Tangent

And then what? Rinse and repeat and hope we escape again next season with a totally different squad? Is that it? Is that what watching Blackpool FC has come down too?

'And then what?'

That wasn't the question though was it..

Anyone still believe we can do it? on 12:26 - Nov 24 with 1683 viewsTangent

Anyone still believe we can do it? on 12:24 - Nov 24 by Lala

'And then what?'

That wasn't the question though was it..

You seemed to imply that just having enough points would be acceptable for you. Hence my question....And then what?

Anyone still believe we can do it? on 12:36 - Nov 24 with 1665 viewsLala

Anyone still believe we can do it? on 12:26 - Nov 24 by Tangent

You seemed to imply that just having enough points would be acceptable for you. Hence my question....And then what?

Having enough points to stay in the Championship, at this stage in the game, is now acceptable to me. You ?

And then.....well then we do what every other team does, we look ahead to the next season.

Anyone still believe we can do it? on 12:53 - Nov 24 with 1652 viewsTangent

Anyone still believe we can do it? on 12:36 - Nov 24 by Lala

Having enough points to stay in the Championship, at this stage in the game, is now acceptable to me. You ?

And then.....well then we do what every other team does, we look ahead to the next season.

It's all conjecture. Based on the information "at this stage of the game" BFC are likely to be relegated anyway. I think that answers the OP.

As for me, I won't be there next season anyway. Just escaping relegation every season with a bunch of loan players is not my idea of fun.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2014 12:57]

Anyone still believe we can do it? on 13:00 - Nov 24 with 1637 viewsLala

Anyone still believe we can do it? on 12:53 - Nov 24 by Tangent

It's all conjecture. Based on the information "at this stage of the game" BFC are likely to be relegated anyway. I think that answers the OP.

As for me, I won't be there next season anyway. Just escaping relegation every season with a bunch of loan players is not my idea of fun.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2014 12:57]

'It's all conjecture'

Totally

Anyone still believe we can do it? on 13:15 - Nov 24 with 1615 viewstonysoprano

I wouldn't have wanted to be in the trenches with some of you lot ! Of course it's a monumental ask to save ourselves but I for one am not prepared to accept relegation until it's mathematically certain .
Anyone still believe we can do it? on 13:17 - Nov 24 with 1612 viewsLala

Anyone still believe we can do it? on 13:15 - Nov 24 by tonysoprano

I wouldn't have wanted to be in the trenches with some of you lot ! Of course it's a monumental ask to save ourselves but I for one am not prepared to accept relegation until it's mathematically certain .

'I wouldn't have wanted to be in the trenches with some of you lot !'

That's funny

Anyone still believe we can do it? on 13:30 - Nov 24 with 1597 viewsHarryHorse

Anyone still believe we can do it? on 13:17 - Nov 24 by Lala

That's funny

I wouldn't have wanted to be in the trenches at all with commanding officer KO directing operations (at a safe distance)

Re the OP and joking aside my head says no but my heart says .......no as well
Anyone still believe we can do it? on 13:52 - Nov 24 with 1579 viewsstraightatthewall

Anyone still believe we can do it? on 13:17 - Nov 24 by Lala

That's funny

Going back over the past 10 seasons, the average number of points needed to stay up is 47. There's been a big range between the seasons though; some years you needed a lot (55), others you needed a lot less (41). In simple terms that's 4 more wins.....

Take out those 2 extremes....and you still need 47 points.

If you take anyone from Wednesday down - as they're all in or within a midges dick of being in the mix - then the average points per game for all those teams is 1.07. Put that over a 46 game season and you get 49 points. But as there's 5 points between Wigan and Wednesday, it's probably fair to say that we're back towards the 47 point mark again.

SO. If we say we need 47 points, that means 39 points needed from the next 28 games, which is 1.39 points per game. Which is 64 points over a season form. Which is good solid, top ten/top half form.

We are working on 0.44 points per game this season. But that seems an unfair thing to look at given the extremes we've been through. So if we look at us over this season AND last then it gives us 0.84. Both of which are relegation form and more likely than not, bottom of the table form.

Lee Clark has to turn us from being bottom of the league to top half of the league. He has to do that initially with a group of players that has won 1 game all season, whilst adding players who have not played at all during the season. Then come January, he needs to go out and bring in enough ready to play talent, to transform us from what we are to what we need to be. All with the support of a chairman who we all (I think) agree is notoriously difficult to extract money from.

This is not Hollywood. It's real life. I love my club. When I go to games, I'll sing and chant and support the players as much as I can. But there isn't a chance in hell that we will stay up this season. Every bit of data and every ounce of common sense backs that up.

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

Anyone still believe we can do it? on 14:11 - Nov 24 with 1564 viewsLala

Anyone still believe we can do it? on 13:52 - Nov 24 by straightatthewall

Going back over the past 10 seasons, the average number of points needed to stay up is 47. There's been a big range between the seasons though; some years you needed a lot (55), others you needed a lot less (41). In simple terms that's 4 more wins.....

Take out those 2 extremes....and you still need 47 points.

If you take anyone from Wednesday down - as they're all in or within a midges dick of being in the mix - then the average points per game for all those teams is 1.07. Put that over a 46 game season and you get 49 points. But as there's 5 points between Wigan and Wednesday, it's probably fair to say that we're back towards the 47 point mark again.

SO. If we say we need 47 points, that means 39 points needed from the next 28 games, which is 1.39 points per game. Which is 64 points over a season form. Which is good solid, top ten/top half form.

We are working on 0.44 points per game this season. But that seems an unfair thing to look at given the extremes we've been through. So if we look at us over this season AND last then it gives us 0.84. Both of which are relegation form and more likely than not, bottom of the table form.

Lee Clark has to turn us from being bottom of the league to top half of the league. He has to do that initially with a group of players that has won 1 game all season, whilst adding players who have not played at all during the season. Then come January, he needs to go out and bring in enough ready to play talent, to transform us from what we are to what we need to be. All with the support of a chairman who we all (I think) agree is notoriously difficult to extract money from.

This is not Hollywood. It's real life. I love my club. When I go to games, I'll sing and chant and support the players as much as I can. But there isn't a chance in hell that we will stay up this season. Every bit of data and every ounce of common sense backs that up.

'Every bit of data and every ounce of common sense backs that up. '

It's not impossible SATW, no matter how you spin things, it's isn't a nailed on certainty that we are going down...

Anyone still believe we can do it? on 15:13 - Nov 24 with 1541 viewsPoolman

Anyone still believe we can do it? on 14:11 - Nov 24 by Lala

It's not impossible SATW, no matter how you spin things, it's isn't a nailed on certainty that we are going down...

SATW - great (if a bit depressing) post - the one thing all football fans have in common is they love a statistic!

Poll: What did you do with Fonz?

Anyone still believe we can do it? on 15:39 - Nov 24 with 1518 viewsstraightatthewall

Anyone still believe we can do it? on 14:11 - Nov 24 by Lala

Lala,

Go and find the best price you can on Blackpool surviving. I'll double it and you can make a £10 bet with me at the new (doubled) odds.

You lose, £10 goes to a charity you choose and you have to start every subsequent post you ever write with the words 'SATW is always right and I need to listen to him more'. (I will check).

You win, I'll pay your winnings to the same charity and I'll start every post I ever write with the words 'SATW is not always right. He needs to listen to LaLa more.'

Anyone still believe we can do it? on 15:41 - Nov 24 with 1513 viewsLala

Anyone still believe we can do it? on 15:39 - Nov 24 by straightatthewall

Lala,

Go and find the best price you can on Blackpool surviving. I'll double it and you can make a £10 bet with me at the new (doubled) odds.

You lose, £10 goes to a charity you choose and you have to start every subsequent post you ever write with the words 'SATW is always right and I need to listen to him more'. (I will check).

You win, I'll pay your winnings to the same charity and I'll start every post I ever write with the words 'SATW is not always right. He needs to listen to LaLa more.'

'Go and find the best price you can on Blackpool surviving. I'll double it and you can make a £10 bet with me at the new (doubled) odds'

I'm on it

Will be in touch....

Anyone still believe we can do it? on 17:06 - Nov 24 with 1480 viewschesterbfc

Anyone still believe we can do it? on 15:41 - Nov 24 by Lala

'Go and find the best price you can on Blackpool surviving. I'll double it and you can make a £10 bet with me at the new (doubled) odds'

I'm on it

Will be in touch....

Back in the day 19pts at the end of Dec used to be the marker. Apart from Brentford who dismantled us I haven't seen any star teams in this division I,e Derby???, so why shouldn't we start on a run, we are long long overdue one lol
Anyone still believe we can do it? on 17:37 - Nov 24 with 1466 viewsstraightatthewall

Anyone still believe we can do it? on 17:06 - Nov 24 by chesterbfc

Back in the day 19pts at the end of Dec used to be the marker. Apart from Brentford who dismantled us I haven't seen any star teams in this division I,e Derby???, so why shouldn't we start on a run, we are long long overdue one lol

Why shouldn't we start one? Good question, who knows. Maybe it's something to do with our players....

Anyone still believe we can do it? on 18:44 - Nov 24 with 1441 viewsTang67

Anyone still believe we can do it? on 17:37 - Nov 24 by straightatthewall

Why shouldn't we start one? Good question, who knows. Maybe it's something to do with our players....

This is what it has come to wondering if by hook or crook we perform miracle and finish 4th from bottom
Not ruling it out completely but the odds are stacked against us
Here s hoping we scratch our way out of a dogfight and the poster above is right to ask "what next?"
Aeful mess and so unnecessary

Poster formerly known as bisphamtang

Anyone still believe we can do it? on 18:59 - Nov 24 with 1435 viewsAVFTT

Good thread and we've turned it in to a story below (thanks to SATW for his insightful comment)

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/blackpool/news/36952
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024