Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why do you... 14:55 - Jan 9 with 9740 viewsGB11

Seem to have ingrained hatred for anything from Cardiff?. Call me scum if you want, I really don't mind.

But how defensive you are compared to the Cardiff fans on their forum is so clear. We allow Jack fans on our site, and they receive barely get any abuse apart from when they try and wind people up. Is it possible to discuss cardiff without speaking like a 15 year old on call of duty?. It is so childish.

Times have changed, not every cardiff fans is a dick head. The bad days have gone since tan and I havent seen a fight down the ground in about 2 years.

I much preferred last year to this year because of the two of us being in the same league. I don't care about playing man united or Chelsea, the build up to the derby was the most entertaining. Hopefully we are both in the same league soon.

And btw, a return to blue helps the derby and everything about it. The derby was seen as a damp squib around britain in comparison to Notts Derby, Blackburn Burnley, Bristol C v R which all blew us out of the water on TV.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2015 14:55]
Why do you... on 17:37 - Jan 9 with 1671 viewsJJJack

Why do you... on 16:55 - Jan 9 by GB11

Why be passive aggressive, just say it how it is.

Why do you care about us being the capital city aswell. Who gives a shit.

Cardiff was chosen as the capital of wales as London was england due to infrastructure Already in place. Even when colchester was originally Englands capital.

"Out of 160 votes, Cardiff received 76, Caernarfon 42, Aberystwyth 14, Swansea eight and 20 votes went to other towns 20.

After nearly three decades of similar disagreement, Wales was, in effect, given permission to choose a capital by the Minister for Welsh Affairs Sir David Maxwell Fyfe in 1951.

As various towns dropped their campaigns, the two final contenders were Cardiff and Caernarfon.

As the largest city, and home to the majority of national institutions and administrative offices, the strength of Cardiff's bid was powerful"

It must be sad hating going to your own capital city. I like going to swansea. That joes place is alright.

The surprising thing to me has always been quite why Cardiff fans hate Swansea as much as they do. Ingrained hatred. For the reasons you've stated yourself in the above post, of course Swansea people are annoyed/angered by what has happened to the respective cities since 1951. I don't even think it's worth arguing over. On the other hand, whilst I agree our fans appear to hate your lot more if you only read these forums, in real life I don't believe that to be true.
I'll give you a quick anecdote to explain this. I was running a course at the Liberty a few years ago (2009 i think).The Prince's Trust ran such courses all over South Wales at the time. So I'm getting everyone to introduce themselves etc and these two lads explain they're from Cardiff. I'm baffled as to why they've chosen to travel all the way to Swansea for 4 days on the trot when they could have gone on a course in , for example, Cardiff. And do you know what they answered? "We wanted to get a closer look at The Jacks' shoithole of a stadium." Later I explained to them I was a Jack and that furthermore I was going to be the Executive who was gonna help them set up in business. Suffice to say any ideas they had of trying to cause some damage to the Stadium during the 4 days (which they admitted weeks later was their reasoning behind travelling all the way to Swansea) soon ended. They seemed to quite like me but for reasons that they couldn't even explain they absolutely hated Swansea and the Swans in particular. They could not get their thick heads around why I like Cardiff as a place and was happy working there. I've rarely met any Cardiff City fans who don't absolutely HATE the Swans. fact!
Why do you... on 17:47 - Jan 9 with 1638 viewsstAteSwan

The most annoying kind of poster on a message board is someone who wants to know why everyone hates his club.

Obviously, it bothers GB quite a bit that Swansea hates Cardiff. I fully admit, as an American, I won't pretend to know the full history behind the South Wales Derby, but I can mention how each club are seen over here. So...the hint here is that one of the two sides is seen as a growing club that has firmly established itself in the Premier League, a club that plays attractive football, and is pretty well liked and respected. The other is seen as a lower level club with an owner that is seen as a joke.

I'll let everyone else figure out which is which.
Why do you... on 17:49 - Jan 9 with 1637 viewsdobjack2

Why do you... on 16:36 - Jan 9 by GB11

Last year you set off flares and trashed our toilets soooooo?.

Our toilets, our prized toilets.

Waste of time and money, time to go back under your bridge.
Why do you... on 17:49 - Jan 9 with 1636 viewsQuakerJack

I got banned off one of your forums for very little. Yeah, really "welcoming".

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Why do you... on 18:00 - Jan 9 with 1621 viewsScoobyDoo

Why do you... on 16:47 - Jan 9 by Private_Partz

You have to have some sympathy with the original poster. He supports a city that is one of the boom towns of Europe attracting large amounts of investment. It is the the third biggest media centre in the UK even though this media is almost entirely Cardiff based and Cardiff biased, and serves a population of less than 3m. There is a complacent Labour Government in charge that is not interested in governing the rest of Wales but is predominately interested in propping up and investing in white elephants in Cardiff at the expense of the taxpayers of Wales.
The world is rosey to some of them and they are bewildered by the hatred whereas others are embarrassed by it all and develop and aggressive defensive stance as a result.
Football: the place where hooliganism was invented in the mid 60s and swansea fans have known nothing but violence on visits there since then. True we have had our idiots but violence breeds violence.
And all this for a city that won a joke of a competition to become Capital of Wales when it had no historical right to achieve that status in this ancient country.
Once the whole of Wales is governed for the benefit of the whole country with a far better transport infrastructure and fairer investment then maybe bridges can start to be built.
We are unfortunately a long way from that.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2015 16:50]

For a minute there I thought you had a chip on your shoulder?
Why do you... on 18:01 - Jan 9 with 1621 viewsQuakerJack

Why do you... on 17:47 - Jan 9 by stAteSwan

The most annoying kind of poster on a message board is someone who wants to know why everyone hates his club.

Obviously, it bothers GB quite a bit that Swansea hates Cardiff. I fully admit, as an American, I won't pretend to know the full history behind the South Wales Derby, but I can mention how each club are seen over here. So...the hint here is that one of the two sides is seen as a growing club that has firmly established itself in the Premier League, a club that plays attractive football, and is pretty well liked and respected. The other is seen as a lower level club with an owner that is seen as a joke.

I'll let everyone else figure out which is which.

The derby is filled with hatred. Me personally, I saw the hatred develop having grown up in a town about 8 miles from Swansea and I think 29 miles from Cardiff, but where there were many Cardiff fans due to certain generations growing up in a world where Cardiff were two divisions higher at certain points. My mate's dad admits to actually going to watch the Swans in the 60s and 70s when Cardiff were away. In the early eighties, it really took off when Toshack took us up the leagues... throughout the 80s and 90s it grew into (pound for pound relative to attendances) the worst and I'd say nastiest derby in Britain. I think those towns in between the two cities really fueled it because fans lived side by side, drank in certain pubs etc, whereas in the cities themselves you would never see the other team's shirts worn around town.

That's just my two penneth on it anyway.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Why do you... on 18:25 - Jan 9 with 1589 viewsScoobyDoo

Why do you... on 18:01 - Jan 9 by QuakerJack

The derby is filled with hatred. Me personally, I saw the hatred develop having grown up in a town about 8 miles from Swansea and I think 29 miles from Cardiff, but where there were many Cardiff fans due to certain generations growing up in a world where Cardiff were two divisions higher at certain points. My mate's dad admits to actually going to watch the Swans in the 60s and 70s when Cardiff were away. In the early eighties, it really took off when Toshack took us up the leagues... throughout the 80s and 90s it grew into (pound for pound relative to attendances) the worst and I'd say nastiest derby in Britain. I think those towns in between the two cities really fueled it because fans lived side by side, drank in certain pubs etc, whereas in the cities themselves you would never see the other team's shirts worn around town.

Yeah but getting two of your players to wave our National flag that has been defiled doesn't help matters does it?
Why do you... on 18:34 - Jan 9 with 1572 viewsQuakerJack

Why do you... on 18:25 - Jan 9 by ScoobyDoo

Yeah but getting two of your players to wave our National flag that has been defiled doesn't help matters does it?

True, but it was bad long before that happened.

Login to get fewer ads

Why do you... on 19:00 - Jan 9 with 1553 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Why do you... on 18:25 - Jan 9 by ScoobyDoo

You're right. They should never have written the word "Cardiff" on it.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Why do you... on 19:04 - Jan 9 with 1547 viewsScoobyDoo

Why do you... on 19:00 - Jan 9 by Brynmill_Jack

You're right. They should never have written the word "Cardiff" on it.

Course they should have as the other word is the norm to put on a National flag for you lot.
Why do you... on 19:06 - Jan 9 with 1545 viewsunion_jack

Fact is, you don't see many Cardiff shirts worn in Cardiff itself though I did see a young lad with a Swans polo shirt on on my last visit.

Most of the Cardiff troublemakers are valley dwellers. Go to Swansea city centre (not anywhere near as nice as Cardiff city centre I agree) and you'll see plenty of Swans merchandise, taxis, vans with the swan on it etc.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Why do you... on 19:10 - Jan 9 with 1535 viewstf_jack

Why do you... on 16:12 - Jan 9 by GB11

From 107 competitive games:
Cardiff City 44 Wins
Swansea City 35 Wins
27 Draws

That derby.

True but we are premier now.

Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Why do you... on 19:12 - Jan 9 with 1533 viewsScoobyDoo

Why do you... on 19:06 - Jan 9 by union_jack

Fact is, you don't see many Cardiff shirts worn in Cardiff itself though I did see a young lad with a Swans polo shirt on on my last visit.

Most of the Cardiff troublemakers are valley dwellers. Go to Swansea city centre (not anywhere near as nice as Cardiff city centre I agree) and you'll see plenty of Swans merchandise, taxis, vans with the swan on it etc.

Shouldn't stereotype people mate, some of you lot have been involved in bother as well so you wouldn't say they are from the Valleys, would you?

Unfortunately it's a mob culture and places don't come into it, once one starts it transgresses. Hopefully them days are behind us.
Why do you... on 19:15 - Jan 9 with 1525 viewsstAteSwan

That's all I've ever heard about the derby as well. Swansea and Scumdiff are the two largest sides in Wales, and they are only 40 miles apart roughly. That means you often run into situations where fans live around each other, and the whole being nice thing goes out the window.

The thing I just don't understand, is why does a Scumdiff fan care if Swans fans hate them? Does it have some kind of negative impact on the Scumdiff squad? Do players sit depressed over there daily because Swans fans hate them? What impact does this have on their own side? Unless he believes the empty stadiums they are getting now is because all of their supporters have abandoned them to follow the Swans? Then there might be an issue.
Why do you... on 19:16 - Jan 9 with 1520 viewsunion_jack

Why do you... on 19:12 - Jan 9 by ScoobyDoo

Shouldn't stereotype people mate, some of you lot have been involved in bother as well so you wouldn't say they are from the Valleys, would you?

Unfortunately it's a mob culture and places don't come into it, once one starts it transgresses. Hopefully them days are behind us.

Yes indeed, but you have to admit the main problem is valley based as is from what I can see, the core fan base.

Our angels would never start trouble, we would only react. You know that.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Why do you... on 19:18 - Jan 9 with 1518 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Why do you... on 16:55 - Jan 9 by GB11

Why be passive aggressive, just say it how it is.

Why do you care about us being the capital city aswell. Who gives a shit.

Cardiff was chosen as the capital of wales as London was england due to infrastructure Already in place. Even when colchester was originally Englands capital.

"Out of 160 votes, Cardiff received 76, Caernarfon 42, Aberystwyth 14, Swansea eight and 20 votes went to other towns 20.

After nearly three decades of similar disagreement, Wales was, in effect, given permission to choose a capital by the Minister for Welsh Affairs Sir David Maxwell Fyfe in 1951.

As various towns dropped their campaigns, the two final contenders were Cardiff and Caernarfon.

As the largest city, and home to the majority of national institutions and administrative offices, the strength of Cardiff's bid was powerful"

It must be sad hating going to your own capital city. I like going to swansea. That joes place is alright.

What? I thought it was Winchester ?

Anyway being made the capital city of a non sovereign nation isn't really anything to shout about. Ironically the ones who do most of the shouting don't even live there , more like Merthyr of some other valleys* hell hole. Their inferiority complex to Swansea blinds them to the fact that it's not just our city being denied funding and generally left to die by the WAG , their living place is too! How some people can be so thick amazes me.

The hatred for Swansea by virtually everywhere else in South Wales including some Llanelli-ites can only be explained by jealousy - jealousy of the wonderful bay we have, the beautiful Gower peninsula on our door step and the quite breathtaking seascape that many Swansea residents open their curtains to see every morning. Shops and infrastructure are cyclical - that scenery is going to be there forever.

*Aberdare's lovely though. And Marcham. And Blaenau Gwent has a certain rustic charm too.

Why do you... on 19:20 - Jan 9 with 1510 viewsScoobyDoo

Why do you... on 19:16 - Jan 9 by union_jack

Yes indeed, but you have to admit the main problem is valley based as is from what I can see, the core fan base.

Our angels would never start trouble, we would only react. You know that.

Yeah keep believing that
Why do you... on 19:22 - Jan 9 with 1502 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Why do you... on 19:04 - Jan 9 by ScoobyDoo

Course they should have as the other word is the norm to put on a National flag for you lot.

Oooo hark at Free Wales Scooby! Going cottage burning tonight? You lot have done far worse harm to Wales's image with your "menacing" football hooligans than trundle or Tate could ever have done.

Why do you... on 19:26 - Jan 9 with 1487 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Why do you... on 19:15 - Jan 9 by stAteSwan

That's all I've ever heard about the derby as well. Swansea and Scumdiff are the two largest sides in Wales, and they are only 40 miles apart roughly. That means you often run into situations where fans live around each other, and the whole being nice thing goes out the window.

The thing I just don't understand, is why does a Scumdiff fan care if Swans fans hate them? Does it have some kind of negative impact on the Scumdiff squad? Do players sit depressed over there daily because Swans fans hate them? What impact does this have on their own side? Unless he believes the empty stadiums they are getting now is because all of their supporters have abandoned them to follow the Swans? Then there might be an issue.

Mate when they got promoted (eventually I might add) for their season in the sun all their players could sing about on their victory parade was US! And we're supposed to be obsessed with THEM?

Why do you... on 19:26 - Jan 9 with 1486 viewsScoobyDoo

Why do you... on 19:22 - Jan 9 by Brynmill_Jack

Oooo hark at Free Wales Scooby! Going cottage burning tonight? You lot have done far worse harm to Wales's image with your "menacing" football hooligans than trundle or Tate could ever have done.

Trumble and T*at embarrassed you lot more than they did Wales my old mate.
Why do you... on 19:29 - Jan 9 with 1473 viewsScoobyDoo

Why do you... on 19:15 - Jan 9 by stAteSwan

Shouldn't you be throwing frizzbies or watching Baseball bud?
Why do you... on 19:31 - Jan 9 with 1471 viewsMusical_Swan

Why do you... on 19:26 - Jan 9 by ScoobyDoo

Don't think there was many of us truly embarrassed by it tbf Scoobs.

Huw Jenkins... Nuff said!
Poll: On the whole, are the board doing a good job with our club?

Why do you... on 19:31 - Jan 9 with 1471 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Why do you... on 19:26 - Jan 9 by ScoobyDoo

Were we embarrassed? Two footballers take a flag from the crowd with an offensive slogan and wave it around. It's almost up there with worshipping a Far Eastern businessman do much that you display his national flag in your stadium instead of your own. Now who's disrespecting the national flag if Wales, you massive set of bedspreads

Why do you... on 19:43 - Jan 9 with 1448 viewsScoobyDoo

Why do you... on 19:31 - Jan 9 by Brynmill_Jack

Were we embarrassed? Two footballers take a flag from the crowd with an offensive slogan and wave it around. It's almost up there with worshipping a Far Eastern businessman do much that you display his national flag in your stadium instead of your own. Now who's disrespecting the national flag if Wales, you massive set of bedspreads

You had just won a mickey mouse cup in the National Stadium and the first thing you do is disrespect the Capital? Now where's my bed!
Why do you... on 19:46 - Jan 9 with 1439 viewsScoobyDoo

Why do you... on 19:31 - Jan 9 by Musical_Swan

Don't think there was many of us truly embarrassed by it tbf Scoobs.

I dare say you weren't bud
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024