Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Moved to post 14:58 - Jan 11 with 1909 viewsE7Ranger

I honestly struggle to remember a time when I have felt so negative about my team and it's future. Even when things were terrible financially and the buckets were out, the spirit was actually very strong and I thought we'd 'be back' eventually. When the investment came in I could scarcely believe it and thought we'd be laughing.

A few years down the line - and we all know what a complete circus it's been - and what do we have? Another unbalanced team loaded with , er, free loaders and a manager who is anything but.

Come on... he's a total embarrassment. There is no way in my opinion that he deserves any support or excuses for the way thing have turned out. He had plenty of time to save us the first time and was given lots of finance to try and forge something good. He has failed miserably to do so and I can no longer suffer he's pathetic ramblings that are literally laced with hypocrisy. He speaks when it would better to say 'no comment'; He seems incapable of saying anything positive and is clearly incapable of building, selecting, changing or planning. In fact I don't see ANYTHING good about having H around this club what so ever.

We have the worst defence I can remember quite frankly and have repeatedly failed to motivate and nurture what we had. We had some VERY capable players who should have kept us up comfortably before but we laid down and died.

I see the same happening now. OK... we have infrastructure problems but that is not the reason we are failing. What we have is good enough really in that respect. We pay huge wages by all accounts (I have no proof of course but I'm pretty confident that is the case, comparatively speaking) and have a superb location. Many good well motivated and mentally strong players would be attracted to this club IF it were not such a bloody mess and clearly rudderless.

One of the many problems we have though is that getting rid now would cost a lot I guess and I don't see much out there to replace him with anyway. I'd rather G Francis was back if possible and surround him with proper Rangers men that understand the club and what it (used to be ) about.

I don't see that happening though. Even so, there are still a few out there who would take what we have and get them playing with pride and style (ours squad is still more than capable of that) and probably with a more settled team too. But it would cost. H changes things around so much it's ridiculous, even allowing for injuries.

Maybe we still survive if he stays on. It will be close I'm sure of that. Make no mistake about it - we had and still have the chance to take steps here in Jan to give us a much better chance of surviving than we do with what we have.. I'm not confident he will do the right thing though. Pretty much all his history suggests he will just do what he always does and saddle us with more tough to shift dross with the wrong attitude. The 'wrong sort'.

To properly build we need a proper left and right back (not wing backs), another CD, a GOOD winger and at least 2 strikers. Adel is full of talent and ability. We need someone to get him playing and address his failures. That is what management is all about. I felt we could win yesterday with him playing and think we would have won that game (along with a few more) were it not for such shambolic clueless abject defending that we keep seeing on a regular basis.

God what a bloody mess. OK, we are only a few points off 12th but so what? NOTHING makes it acceptable to lose ALL our away games. NOTHING. Remember what we used to be? A club capable of wining in style at ANY ground in the country. Always capable. What we have now makes me ashamed and angry. Very angry.

Sorry for the rambling. Pretty much everything that needs to be said has been by peeps on here anyway. I think we ALL know where we are going wrong but it's hard to be really original or make real incisive comments . It's actually exhausting just thinking about it let alone trying to articulate it. That's the thing really: When you look at what has happened at this club (or perhaps more relevantly what has NOT happened) then you really couldn't make it up. It's actually an incredible list of cock ups, failures, unfair beatings from above and hopeless mismanagement.

As it stands I don't believe in what we have though. it's rotten. The management structure is ALL wrong. H, Beard, the laughable 'coaches' and the dreadful body language and post match ramblings from staff which clearly illustrate the rudderless nature of our set up.

We are in deep trouble here and are on the verge of being wiped out FFS. I am worried. More than I have ever been before and god knows I have lived through some frustrating troubling times as an R before. Something has to change. If we stick with what we have that is a massive risk. One or 2 'additions' will not cut if you ask me.

TF has to act. We CANNOT go on like this. I think he is going to do too little though and still somehow has faith in H and the set up we have. I think he will support a few additions/changes but I have zero faith in H being given that responsibility. He is WAY past it, has no hunger and is clearly just here for the mountains of easy money - anything goes wrong - then don't blame him, not his fault. Yeah he may keep us up but you can bet your last that that will come at long term cost to our building something solid.

Moved to post on 15:53 - Jan 11 with 1810 viewsTopCat34

Nobody's got a clue what'll happen to us if we're relegated, and it's that uncertainty that is the most worrying thing.

That and the fact 'Arry is still here. FFS.
Moved to post on 16:19 - Jan 11 with 1756 viewsRuislipHoop

"Rudderless Ship",it's been like that since TF took over,he needs to move aside and lhopefully let the Mittals take full control.
The best time we have had in recent years was when Amit was in control.
I have supported this club for over 50 years and Ilike you have never felt so detached or disillusioned with the club as I have over the last three years.
TF is never in the country and the club appears to be one big PR exercisefor him and his associates.
Talk of a new training ground and stadium are sound bites put out to keep the fans on side but are nothing but false promises.
We will have nothing until we improve as a team on the pitch and at present that seems a very long way off.
Moved to post on 18:58 - Jan 11 with 1580 viewsderbyhoop

So we need a new manager and 6 new players. Presumably in the next 21 days when we are not spending any money.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Moved to post on 19:12 - Jan 11 with 1555 viewsjohncharles

Moved to post on 15:53 - Jan 11 by TopCat34

Nobody's got a clue what'll happen to us if we're relegated, and it's that uncertainty that is the most worrying thing.

That and the fact 'Arry is still here. FFS.

It could be Armageddon. If we are relegated we'll get hit with the FFP fine. Fernandes, with his problems at Air Asia may not be in a position to pay it. Will the other share holders cough up £50 million to simply keep us in the Championship let alone finance any sort of promotion challenge ? Or will they say sod it, keep their £50 million and cut us adrift. A Conference team with Premiership debts.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2015 19:15]

Strong and stable my arse.

Moved to post on 20:50 - Jan 11 with 1432 viewsclareranger

been rss fan nearly 50 years so so pissed off . used to bombard teams at home,now we sit back and let them take over. no pride.no home grown.we have been lucky to win some of those matchs at home, even last year we did not play attacking football for which we were known for,hard to belive we were known home of football one time, I travel from Ireland as often as I can, when we lose I am so down for a day or two,i want to see them FIGHT FOR US AND ATTACK,not sit back.put some pride in the HOOPS SHIRT.
Moved to post on 21:01 - Jan 11 with 1399 viewsbosh67

Moved to post on 16:19 - Jan 11 by RuislipHoop

"Rudderless Ship",it's been like that since TF took over,he needs to move aside and lhopefully let the Mittals take full control.
The best time we have had in recent years was when Amit was in control.
I have supported this club for over 50 years and Ilike you have never felt so detached or disillusioned with the club as I have over the last three years.
TF is never in the country and the club appears to be one big PR exercisefor him and his associates.
Talk of a new training ground and stadium are sound bites put out to keep the fans on side but are nothing but false promises.
We will have nothing until we improve as a team on the pitch and at present that seems a very long way off.

Agree.

Rule number one in business and entertainment.

Get the product right.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Moved to post on 02:44 - Jan 12 with 1275 viewssuperhoopdownunder

I get depressed watching QPR playing crap football with rubbish results. Saturday was a prime example.
After another crap performance and defeat it usually takes me a couple of days to get back to feeling ok again.
The QPR I grew up watching in the 70's and 80's usually played skilful football with a team of committed individuals who played as a team. There were quite a few that came through the ranks of schoolboy, youth and reserve teams.
We also recruited players from lower leagues who were eager, skilful and we were able to help put the polish on them so they progressed to playing for their country and often left us to join one of the biggest 3 or 4 sides and left us a big profit.
We had managers and players we connected to.
We had an owner who completely transformed QPR from the 1960's through to the mid 1980's

Now it is the opposite. A bunch of incompetent, overpaid, disinterested players, manager, coaches and CEO who are all rubbish at their job. The face of the owners Tony Fernandes who is hardly ever at QPR and has overseen an increase in the clubs debt to 177m pounds (not including last years financials soon to be released). There has been no progress with the training ground or a new stadium. We are in a much worse position than when he took over. At least the previous owners had a 4 year plan!

Changes need to be made from the owner down. Amit should take over and buy Fernandes and his cronies out.
Beard should be sacked and replaced by Ishan Saksena

Harry and his coaches should be sacked
Harry is a liar. Quite why Adel has only now made the squad makes me upset. Adel is our most talented player.
Harry, Bond and Jordan (+ other ex spurs people) should be replaced by people that understand what QPR used to be
People like the Gallens
Assisted by someone like Gerry Francis

Players when their contracts are up this summer like Joey Barton should be told to move on. For 80k per week we can do so much better

In saying that it really should not be about spending lots of money - it should be about putting the structure in to succeed which we have failed to make any progress on.

Rant over.
Moved to post on 02:57 - Jan 12 with 1271 viewsHooparoo

Moved to post on 02:44 - Jan 12 by superhoopdownunder

I get depressed watching QPR playing crap football with rubbish results. Saturday was a prime example.
After another crap performance and defeat it usually takes me a couple of days to get back to feeling ok again.
The QPR I grew up watching in the 70's and 80's usually played skilful football with a team of committed individuals who played as a team. There were quite a few that came through the ranks of schoolboy, youth and reserve teams.
We also recruited players from lower leagues who were eager, skilful and we were able to help put the polish on them so they progressed to playing for their country and often left us to join one of the biggest 3 or 4 sides and left us a big profit.
We had managers and players we connected to.
We had an owner who completely transformed QPR from the 1960's through to the mid 1980's

Now it is the opposite. A bunch of incompetent, overpaid, disinterested players, manager, coaches and CEO who are all rubbish at their job. The face of the owners Tony Fernandes who is hardly ever at QPR and has overseen an increase in the clubs debt to 177m pounds (not including last years financials soon to be released). There has been no progress with the training ground or a new stadium. We are in a much worse position than when he took over. At least the previous owners had a 4 year plan!

Changes need to be made from the owner down. Amit should take over and buy Fernandes and his cronies out.
Beard should be sacked and replaced by Ishan Saksena

Harry and his coaches should be sacked
Harry is a liar. Quite why Adel has only now made the squad makes me upset. Adel is our most talented player.
Harry, Bond and Jordan (+ other ex spurs people) should be replaced by people that understand what QPR used to be
People like the Gallens
Assisted by someone like Gerry Francis

Players when their contracts are up this summer like Joey Barton should be told to move on. For 80k per week we can do so much better

In saying that it really should not be about spending lots of money - it should be about putting the structure in to succeed which we have failed to make any progress on.

Rant over.

Spot on chief. Agree with all of that.

Time for a clean out.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024