Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Naughton Bid Accepted? 11:39 - Jan 20 with 12096 viewsMatthew_117

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-news-live-latest-r

[quote]Tottenham have finally started their January clear-out by agreeing a £5million deal with Swansea for right-back Kyle Naughton.

Naughton, 26, is discussing personal terms with the Liberty Stadium club and is expected to complete his move in the next 48 hours - as Swansea begin to sell their £30m Wilfried Bony windfall.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy has been keen to off-load three or four players to fund new recruits during the mid-season window, so he believes the

Naughton deal is a significant step in the right direction.

http://www.thetottenhamway.com/2015/01/20/swansea-agree-5m-fee-tottenham-unwante
Naughton Bid Accepted? on 11:46 - Jan 20 with 6111 viewsAJ101

If that fee is true and I have some doubt that it is (possibly made up of lots of add-ons?) then thank you very much Huw!
Naughton Bid Accepted? on 11:47 - Jan 20 with 6107 viewsOldjack

rated out of 10 ?

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 11:47 - Jan 20 with 6101 viewsPegojack

Great, of all the players we were linked with, the one I didn't want to come off. They are getting shot of him for a reason.
Naughton Bid Accepted? on 11:55 - Jan 20 with 6044 viewspremierjack

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 11:47 - Jan 20 by Pegojack

Great, of all the players we were linked with, the one I didn't want to come off. They are getting shot of him for a reason.

What a rubbish comment.
Naughton Bid Accepted? on 11:57 - Jan 20 with 6031 viewsPegojack

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 11:55 - Jan 20 by premierjack

What a rubbish comment.

Yeah? Why's our Spurs friend earlier in the thread celebrating then? As they say, time will tell.
Naughton Bid Accepted? on 12:01 - Jan 20 with 5991 viewspremierjack

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 11:57 - Jan 20 by Pegojack

Yeah? Why's our Spurs friend earlier in the thread celebrating then? As they say, time will tell.

Most or all of our players have left other clubs to come to us or as you say "got shot of".
He is behind Kyle walker who is one of, if not the best English right back around so maybe Kyle naughton wants to leave to play games?

Maybe if fans give him a chance, after a run of games he will be good enough for us? It's hard for a player to come in and out of a team and play at the top level. A run of games and he will be fine. A massive upgrade from Rangel!
Naughton Bid Accepted? on 12:02 - Jan 20 with 5979 viewshobo

£5m?! Who is negotiating our deals??
Naughton Bid Accepted? on 12:05 - Jan 20 with 5948 viewsmacthejack

With previous players of this mold (Jonjo, Routledge, Fabianski, Bartley etc) I've always thought that they were the kind of players who had a bility who just lost their way, but with Naughton I feel like he's just plain old rubbish. It says a lot when Tottenham fans prefer Kyle Walker to Naughton.
Login to get fewer ads

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 12:14 - Jan 20 with 5853 viewsOldjack

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 11:46 - Jan 20 by AJ101

If that fee is true and I have some doubt that it is (possibly made up of lots of add-ons?) then thank you very much Huw!

By this you mean good riddance to bad rubbish ?

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 12:15 - Jan 20 with 5844 viewsAJ101

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 12:05 - Jan 20 by macthejack

With previous players of this mold (Jonjo, Routledge, Fabianski, Bartley etc) I've always thought that they were the kind of players who had a bility who just lost their way, but with Naughton I feel like he's just plain old rubbish. It says a lot when Tottenham fans prefer Kyle Walker to Naughton.

Walker gets up and down the touchline at pace all game long which is what we need in our system I don't know why opposition fans think he's crap although he does have the occasional brain fart in him.

Naughton is good enough to be a decent PL right back he's just not worth £5m......
Naughton Bid Accepted? on 12:15 - Jan 20 with 5839 viewsAndyNak

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 12:02 - Jan 20 by hobo

Levy

Poll: Joe or Wilf? If you could only have one

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 12:20 - Jan 20 with 5792 viewsWarwickHunt

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 12:02 - Jan 20 by hobo

Let's hope there's a shedload of add-ons.

If not, rejoice in the fact that we've beaten QPR and Leicester to Spurs' third choice right-back and spaffed five f*cking million in the process. Hey, at least he's not Spanish...

Oh. Happy. Day.
Naughton Bid Accepted? on 12:21 - Jan 20 with 5784 viewsLeonisGod

We've got no idea how this will work out. He's played practically no football this season, so there's not a lot to judge him on other than he was ok(ish) for a while in previous seasons but is well down the pecking order at Spurs. He's not a particularly inspiring signing, but you never know with us as we do often get the best out of players. £5 mil for a bit-parter who seems to have made his career out on loan at relegated clubs seem hell of a lot though. Half that would be more reasonable.
Naughton Bid Accepted? on 12:22 - Jan 20 with 5778 viewsWarwickHunt

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 12:15 - Jan 20 by AndyNak

Levy

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 12:23 - Jan 20 with 5762 viewsWarwickHunt

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 12:21 - Jan 20 by LeonisGod

We've got no idea how this will work out. He's played practically no football this season, so there's not a lot to judge him on other than he was ok(ish) for a while in previous seasons but is well down the pecking order at Spurs. He's not a particularly inspiring signing, but you never know with us as we do often get the best out of players. £5 mil for a bit-parter who seems to have made his career out on loan at relegated clubs seem hell of a lot though. Half that would be more reasonable.

As punts go, it's a f*cking expensive one.
Naughton Bid Accepted? on 12:26 - Jan 20 with 5741 viewsAJ101

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 12:14 - Jan 20 by Oldjack

By this you mean good riddance to bad rubbish ?

Not really as I said in my previous post he can be a decent PL right back I'm just surprised you'd spend £5m on him.

The thing that would worry me if I was a Swans fan would be the possibility of Taylor being sold and Naughton being asked to fill in at LB until the end of the season as it wouldn't do his confidence any good and by the end of the season I'd expect Swans fans to think of him as "bad rubbish".

He's a championship level player at LB with no attacking threat and gets turned easily by tricky wingers he's fine there as third choice or in game injury cover (ie playing him and having a RB on the bench or having him on the bench to cover LB and RB) but he needs a run of games at RB IMO for his confidence and putting him out on the left for what's left of the season isn't going to do him any good or endear him to the fans.
Naughton Bid Accepted? on 12:39 - Jan 20 with 5595 viewswhiterock

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 12:26 - Jan 20 by AJ101

Not really as I said in my previous post he can be a decent PL right back I'm just surprised you'd spend £5m on him.

The thing that would worry me if I was a Swans fan would be the possibility of Taylor being sold and Naughton being asked to fill in at LB until the end of the season as it wouldn't do his confidence any good and by the end of the season I'd expect Swans fans to think of him as "bad rubbish".

He's a championship level player at LB with no attacking threat and gets turned easily by tricky wingers he's fine there as third choice or in game injury cover (ie playing him and having a RB on the bench or having him on the bench to cover LB and RB) but he needs a run of games at RB IMO for his confidence and putting him out on the left for what's left of the season isn't going to do him any good or endear him to the fans.

Fair comment, can we have Ben Davies back to fill our left back birth then?
Naughton Bid Accepted? on 12:41 - Jan 20 with 5565 viewstrampie

I am rarely negative when the Swans make new signings particularly in recent years but on the few occasions I have seen Spurs and McNaughton has played he has not stood out and talk of 5 big ones would seem to be way over priced.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 12:47 - Jan 20 with 5503 viewsOldjack

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 12:26 - Jan 20 by AJ101

He's got to be better than Jazz or Tiendalli and Rangel's on his last knocking now

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 12:48 - Jan 20 with 5499 viewstrampie

2 big ones possibly value and worth buying, 3 big ones possibly on the mark, but not for me, anything more overpriced imo.
5 big ones, is an astronomical price as far as i am concern.

If we sign him obviously I hope he comes off.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 12:48 - Jan 20 with 5500 viewshammy

No, no, no to Naughton. Never seen anything in him to show that he's an upgrade to Angel or even Dwight :>(

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 12:50 - Jan 20 with 5468 viewsNeathJack

The value of this deal all depends on how it is structured.

£5m fee

Or £X down and £X depending on meeting certain clauses totalling £5m.
Naughton Bid Accepted? on 12:55 - Jan 20 with 5414 viewsAJ101

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 12:47 - Jan 20 by Oldjack

He's got to be better than Jazz or Tiendalli and Rangel's on his last knocking now

Yes from the little I've seen of them (I haven't seen Tiendalli play since 2011-12 apart from the Chelsea game lowlights) Naughton is better, whether he's better than Rangel is debatable but Rangel is getting on a bit (cries as I realise I'm the same age...)

Whiterock: No you can't but you can have Benoit Assou-Ekotto for £20 and a mars bar if you want!
Naughton Bid Accepted? on 12:58 - Jan 20 with 5387 viewsWarwickHunt

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 12:55 - Jan 20 by AJ101

Yes from the little I've seen of them (I haven't seen Tiendalli play since 2011-12 apart from the Chelsea game lowlights) Naughton is better, whether he's better than Rangel is debatable but Rangel is getting on a bit (cries as I realise I'm the same age...)

Whiterock: No you can't but you can have Benoit Assou-Ekotto for £20 and a mars bar if you want!

Only if it's a bite-size Mars bar. We've been ripped off once today already.
Naughton Bid Accepted? on 12:58 - Jan 20 with 5374 viewsFar_Post

I think Naughton is an upgrade on some of our current full backs, (Tiendalli & Jazz) from what I have seen of him which is not much.

£5 million does seem a lot of money though for a player unproven at this level who would possibly become another squad player.

Blog: The C Word

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024