Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Naughton Bid Accepted? 11:39 - Jan 20 with 12121 viewsMatthew_117

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-news-live-latest-r

[quote]Tottenham have finally started their January clear-out by agreeing a £5million deal with Swansea for right-back Kyle Naughton.

Naughton, 26, is discussing personal terms with the Liberty Stadium club and is expected to complete his move in the next 48 hours - as Swansea begin to sell their £30m Wilfried Bony windfall.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy has been keen to off-load three or four players to fund new recruits during the mid-season window, so he believes the

Naughton deal is a significant step in the right direction.

http://www.thetottenhamway.com/2015/01/20/swansea-agree-5m-fee-tottenham-unwante
Naughton Bid Accepted? on 19:10 - Jan 20 with 3058 viewsBloodyhills

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 11:57 - Jan 20 by Pegojack

Yeah? Why's our Spurs friend earlier in the thread celebrating then? As they say, time will tell.

Yup read a spurs forum last week and they were chuffed at the thought of Naughton leaving.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 19:15 - Jan 20 with 3043 viewsshandyjack

I must be in the minority then, my view is we are signing a good young full back who will be a big upgrade on jazz and Dwight, has a goo 4-5 years left at this level and 4-5m is a good price to pay for him.

Poll: Expectation for the season

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 19:17 - Jan 20 with 3022 viewsBloodyhills

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 12:59 - Jan 20 by Oldjack

HE'S DOWN IN PRICE ALREADY http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2918227/Kyle-Naughton-set-join
[Post edited 20 Jan 2015 12:59]

Just read the Spurs fans comments at the end of the article, they seem overjoyed. We've been done. :(

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 19:21 - Jan 20 with 2996 viewsexiledclaseboy

If ever a thread was crying out for a 90 second YouTube clip and some stats from Football Nerd on the Atari it's this one.

Poll: Tory leader

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 19:21 - Jan 20 with 2996 viewsDaggyjack

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 19:17 - Jan 20 by Bloodyhills

Just read the Spurs fans comments at the end of the article, they seem overjoyed. We've been done. :(

I wouldn't worry about them.
They've been mugged off by about 8 clubs last year when they wasted £100 million on average foreign players.
Naughton = good young British player with plenty of room for development which regular first team football will give him, at a reasonable price.
Naughton Bid Accepted? on 19:25 - Jan 20 with 2965 viewspencoedjack

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 19:21 - Jan 20 by exiledclaseboy

If ever a thread was crying out for a 90 second YouTube clip and some stats from Football Nerd on the Atari it's this one.

There's 20 secs
Naughton Bid Accepted? on 20:19 - Jan 20 with 2860 viewsGram2086

Defensive liability. Afree transfer would have been paying through the nose
Naughton Bid Accepted? on 20:25 - Jan 20 with 2845 viewsAngelRangelQS

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 19:15 - Jan 20 by shandyjack

I must be in the minority then, my view is we are signing a good young full back who will be a big upgrade on jazz and Dwight, has a goo 4-5 years left at this level and 4-5m is a good price to pay for him.

Innit

£5m doesn't get you much these days. Plenty of premier league appearances, can play both sides, decent age and an upgrade on what we've got already
Login to get fewer ads

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 07:33 - Jan 21 with 2697 viewsStarsky

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 12:59 - Jan 20 by Oldjack

HE'S DOWN IN PRICE ALREADY http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2918227/Kyle-Naughton-set-join
[Post edited 20 Jan 2015 12:59]

That article says £4million but everyone's moaning about us wasting £5million.
Still, it does suit the arguments of the closed minds.
Give the club the benefit of the doubt until he's playing badly for US.
We've been buying cast offs for 12 years and it's paid off consistently.
Have a bit of faith mun.

It's just the internet, init.

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 08:51 - Jan 21 with 2654 viewshammy

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 19:25 - Jan 20 by pencoedjack

There's 20 secs

Here's another one ;)

But I don't think we're buying him for his goalscoring prowess; looks like he's scored 6 goals in around 200 appearances to date.

More concerned about his defensive capabilities and from the limited opportunities he has had at Spurs in recent seasons and the kind of defensive blunders I have seen from him should make him fit right in with the quality of the performance against Chelski last Saturday !

All for giving players a chance but not sure we're going to get much, if any, improvement on our right back options with Kyle.For every rough diamond (e.g., Michu) there are many a disappointment (e.g., Schecter, Vasquez). If we were getting him on a loan or for a small fee of approx £1M then would be happy to give this a go, but £5M for a player that can't get into another PL team seems like a significant risk.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 09:57 - Jan 21 with 2612 viewsjohnlangy

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 08:51 - Jan 21 by hammy

Here's another one ;)

But I don't think we're buying him for his goalscoring prowess; looks like he's scored 6 goals in around 200 appearances to date.

More concerned about his defensive capabilities and from the limited opportunities he has had at Spurs in recent seasons and the kind of defensive blunders I have seen from him should make him fit right in with the quality of the performance against Chelski last Saturday !

All for giving players a chance but not sure we're going to get much, if any, improvement on our right back options with Kyle.For every rough diamond (e.g., Michu) there are many a disappointment (e.g., Schecter, Vasquez). If we were getting him on a loan or for a small fee of approx £1M then would be happy to give this a go, but £5M for a player that can't get into another PL team seems like a significant risk.

Can't get in another PL team ? 10 appearances for Spurs so far this season seems to contradict that.
Naughton Bid Accepted? on 10:04 - Jan 21 with 2598 viewsshandyjack

I can't believe ppl expect to pay less than the 4/5m quoted for a young english FB who has made over 200 apps and has good quality. He is an average PL player and we are and average PL club,not sure what else ppl expect

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 10:17 - Jan 21 with 2556 viewspencoedjack

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 10:04 - Jan 21 by shandyjack

I can't believe ppl expect to pay less than the 4/5m quoted for a young english FB who has made over 200 apps and has good quality. He is an average PL player and we are and average PL club,not sure what else ppl expect

But are happy to pay the same money for a midfielder with far less appearances.

Some of our fans are unbelievable.
Naughton Bid Accepted? on 10:22 - Jan 21 with 2540 viewsWarwickHunt

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 10:17 - Jan 21 by pencoedjack

But are happy to pay the same money for a midfielder with far less appearances.

Some of our fans are unbelievable.

I'm a very long way from being convinced about Carroll but at least he shows signs that he could develop into a very good player.

From what I've seen so far of Naughton, that doesn't apply.

We'll see...
Naughton Bid Accepted? on 10:42 - Jan 21 with 2508 viewsgetcarter

Naughton could surprise you lot, a spurs fan i know really rates him but feels he needs game time.

Welcome aboard
Naughton Bid Accepted? on 10:55 - Jan 21 with 2489 viewshammy

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 09:57 - Jan 21 by johnlangy

Can't get in another PL team ? 10 appearances for Spurs so far this season seems to contradict that.

Mainly as a backup to Walker, who has been injured for much of the season, and primarily for EL games. Sorry, I just don't rate the guy and even in the crazy world of PL football £5M is a lot of money for a team like the Swans to risk on a player that has failed to make the grade.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 12:47 - Jan 21 with 2375 views3swan

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30899776

Expected to take medical
Naughton Bid Accepted? on 14:56 - Jan 21 with 2301 viewsStarsky

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 10:04 - Jan 21 by shandyjack

Folk on here say that Taylor's not good enough but we're getting offers at the moment of £4.5m and rising.
So how can Naughton not be marketed at a similar price?

It's just the internet, init.

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 15:04 - Jan 21 with 2281 viewsbuilthjack

Has Monk seen something that we don't know? I hope so, for his sake.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 15:07 - Jan 21 with 2272 viewsScoobyWho

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 15:04 - Jan 21 by builthjack

Has Monk seen something that we don't know? I hope so, for his sake.

I'm still not sure he has a lot of say in the matter.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 15:12 - Jan 21 with 2253 viewsswanduck

Someone in the Swansea hierarchy clearly rates him we've been linked with him for ages.
Naughton Bid Accepted? on 15:23 - Jan 21 with 2223 viewshobo

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 14:56 - Jan 21 by Starsky

Folk on here say that Taylor's not good enough but we're getting offers at the moment of £4.5m and rising.
So how can Naughton not be marketed at a similar price?

Neil Taylor is younger and better than Naughton
Naughton Bid Accepted? on 16:49 - Jan 21 with 2151 viewsshandyjack

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 15:23 - Jan 21 by hobo

1 year is not a lot of difference

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 17:30 - Jan 21 with 2084 viewsNeath_Jack

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 15:23 - Jan 21 by hobo

Not a chance.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 17:31 - Jan 21 with 2079 viewsNeath_Jack

Naughton Bid Accepted? on 15:07 - Jan 21 by ScoobyWho

I'm still not sure he has a lot of say in the matter.

Nonsense.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024