Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
gomis 19:11 - Feb 7 with 5234 viewsbkjack

Am I the only one who thought he done ok today got on the end of crosses held the ball up well looked for the ball
gomis on 19:16 - Feb 7 with 3819 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Can you provide the definition of a "Striker"?
He did work pretty hard though.
gomis on 19:19 - Feb 7 with 3810 viewsbkjack

gomis on 19:16 - Feb 7 by A_Fans_Dad

Can you provide the definition of a "Striker"?
He did work pretty hard though.

My point was he was getting on the end of the crosses
gomis on 19:28 - Feb 7 with 3771 viewsA_Fans_Dad

gomis on 19:19 - Feb 7 by bkjack

My point was he was getting on the end of the crosses

Strikers, strike, ie score goals when they get on the end of crosses.
Even Ki can do it.
gomis on 19:35 - Feb 7 with 3756 viewseddie71

Gomis prior to his move had a very decent scoring record in Lyon so unless you believe he has since become a bad player then I think he has more to show. A run of games and some confidence will hopefully do him a world of good GM watches him in training so I think is in a better position to make that call then people on this board. I recall Wilf needing a longer run of games than Gomis has had so far before he started showing what a good player he was.
gomis on 19:47 - Feb 7 with 3728 viewsSTEVE1

He did well it will come bad strikers do not miss many chances as they never get in positions to miss them such as pintado and a couple of the loan signings we had.
gomis on 20:03 - Feb 7 with 3684 viewsWxmJax

He looks more 'up for it ' now which can only be good. Chased down the goalie and we got a throw-in in a good position as well, which he wasn't doing when Wilf was here. That's all we need now is a winger to get to the goal line, cross and bob's your uncle.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

gomis on 20:08 - Feb 7 with 3665 viewsJBT95

To me, he's looks as if he's playing in a partnership but the only trouble is he isn't meant to.

What formation was he used to at Lyon, 4-4-2? He needs to adapt to being a lone striker by the looks of things. Granted we didn't have Glyfi or Nelson (for long) on.
gomis on 20:19 - Feb 7 with 3636 viewsheadcleaner

I thought. His all round game was fairly decent. A couple of good shots that required good saves. My worry would be if he wast getting In those positions. Like others have said Bony took longer to settle.
Login to get fewer ads

gomis on 20:40 - Feb 7 with 3594 viewsbermudajack

gomis on 20:19 - Feb 7 by headcleaner

I thought. His all round game was fairly decent. A couple of good shots that required good saves. My worry would be if he wast getting In those positions. Like others have said Bony took longer to settle.

I'm not convinced yet...

He's certainly not an instictive striker like Defoe or Bony, he just seems slightly behind the pace of the game/ crosses and on times today he was brushed aside with ease by John o Shea, he's lacking some grit & strength.

I haven't quite given up on him yet, but what irritates most of us is this...

He's been vocal in the press making out he's got loads of offers elsewhere & we're lucky to have him here...

Now in the case of Bony that was true... But Gomis... is no Wilfried Bony

What riled me today was he lost the ball a lot, often getting outmuscled by JOS, he made no effort to regain possession and hardly bust a gut to get on the end of some superb crosses

He obviously needs to start looking like or actually become a scorer of goals, or we must give Nelson his chance who looked very capable when he came on today 👍

Poll: Priority for new manager?

gomis on 20:45 - Feb 7 with 3580 viewsmonmouth

Get with the programme mun. Read the board. Most of our players are sh1t. Montero, Dyer, Gomis, Fernandes, Taylor, Uncle Tom F*cking Cobley. All sh1t.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

gomis on 22:06 - Feb 7 with 3451 viewsfootball2301

he was ffffing shocking hold the ball up you must of watched a different game his first touch is awful
gomis on 22:27 - Feb 7 with 3423 viewsmonmouth

gomis on 22:06 - Feb 7 by football2301

he was ffffing shocking hold the ball up you must of watched a different game his first touch is awful

I think his biggest issue is that he has to realise - and quick- that he's not playing in a slower league. He simply doesn't have all the time on the ball he wants. If he doesn't, or can't, all the transparent full time clapping the fans in the world shouldn't save him.

gomis on 22:55 - Feb 7 with 3391 viewsScoobyWho

Gomis has much to prove after his recent behaviour. I don't see a man capable of being anything other than mercenary and self obsessed.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2015 22:57]

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

gomis on 23:00 - Feb 7 with 3382 viewsBloodyhills

He worked hard but I thought his first touch let him down quite a bit and he needs new studs or something so he doesn't slip all the time. I think he will probably get into the swing of it, sharpen up and start scoring.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

gomis on 23:07 - Feb 7 with 3359 viewsNeiltheTaylor

"OK" is exactly how he did. I'm not ready to write him off yet.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

gomis on 08:49 - Feb 8 with 3253 viewsDr_Winston

Gomis played well. Worked hard, linked play well enough (although obviously no Wilf), got into good positions, and was unlucky not to score at least once.

If another player had put in that kind of performance there'd be no doubt at all about it, but obviously he's evil so balanced opinion is impossible.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

gomis on 08:55 - Feb 8 with 3245 viewsGowerjack

Ran around a lot to little effect.

Traps a ball further than I can pass it.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

gomis on 09:07 - Feb 8 with 3232 viewstomdickharry

The money he is on he can't just be okay he was signed to deliver goals,just not good enough in the PL to do that.
gomis on 09:18 - Feb 8 with 3220 viewsbathgatejack

gomis on 09:07 - Feb 8 by tomdickharry

The money he is on he can't just be okay he was signed to deliver goals,just not good enough in the PL to do that.

Please don't guys the man had a terrible day
gomis on 10:25 - Feb 8 with 3144 viewslibertine

I am disheartened by his ball control, his holding, his turning and hes always a yard off.

His hair is great though!!!!!

I like Nelson he's trying hard without much game time

he seems to want it more
gomis on 10:28 - Feb 8 with 3135 viewsjacabertawe

gomis on 10:25 - Feb 8 by libertine

I am disheartened by his ball control, his holding, his turning and hes always a yard off.

he seems to want it more

100% agree.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

gomis on 10:51 - Feb 8 with 3098 viewsjack247

He puts a shift in, but just doesn't suit our style. It may improve slightly if and when Siggy comes back, as Jonjo is unpredictable and his clever through balls are probably harder to anticipate. Long term though, I think we either need to change our style or the player.
gomis on 10:52 - Feb 8 with 3096 viewsMattG

gomis on 10:25 - Feb 8 by libertine

he seems to want it more

I was discussing Oliveira after the game with my mate and the point I made was that, against both West Ham and now Sunderland, he's showed up well for the first 5 or 10 minutes after coming on but then tends to disappear.

I do think he's got quite a lot more about him than previous loan strikers we could mention but I wouldn't rush to put him in ahead of Gomis just yet.
gomis on 11:00 - Feb 8 with 3081 viewsmonmouth

gomis on 10:52 - Feb 8 by MattG

I was discussing Oliveira after the game with my mate and the point I made was that, against both West Ham and now Sunderland, he's showed up well for the first 5 or 10 minutes after coming on but then tends to disappear.

I do think he's got quite a lot more about him than previous loan strikers we could mention but I wouldn't rush to put him in ahead of Gomis just yet.

Oliveira looked very good at finding space I thought; very good positional awareness. He just seems to lack a little 'substance' at first sight. A goal would do him, and Gomis, the world of good.

gomis on 11:07 - Feb 8 with 3074 viewsjack247

gomis on 10:52 - Feb 8 by MattG

He seems more suited to the Siggy/Jonjo role to me
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024