Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Work the triangle 04:30 - Feb 8 with 2070 viewsQPR_ARG

If news of Charlie done for the season are confirmed...then we have to work the triangle.

One up top (Vargas) and two playing behind him (Adel and Mauro) or two up top (Vargas-Zárate) and Adel just behind them.

The rest should focus in defending and trying to get them the ball.

Really worried about our defense if Dunne is also out for the season (says a lot about what Harry left us!) and I've also read Onuoha could be injured too (hope it's just a rumour as we definitely need him).

Yun is desperately needed. So is Sandro now.

If what's said is true, then:

GREEN

ISLA - CAULKER - FERDINAND - YUN

SANDRO - BARTON - FER

ADEL - ZARATE

VARGAS

Will be the best we could offer until the end of the season. And a bench that'll be as weak as Harry's excuses!
Work the triangle on 09:04 - Feb 8 with 1870 viewsTheBlob

Take the Chile team as a partial template.
Vargas works in a Chile side with two up top in a 442,if anything slightly in front of Sanchez - the two help each other out - maybe we can replicate something similar with Zarate.They've got the advantage of a strong box to box midfielder in Vidal and someone who can put balls through in Diaz .
But when was the last time you saw Fer or Barton thread a pass through for anyone to exploit?Adel would be best employed on the left what Valdivia does.Isla we already know his strengths up the right.
The battle could be won or lost on the training ground.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Work the triangle on 09:07 - Feb 8 with 1861 viewskropotkin41

What is the latest on Yun?

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Work the triangle on 09:09 - Feb 8 with 1845 viewsLoft1979

Thanks. Nice post...as expected from you.
- I like the idea of 3 man front. but I might interchange with Zamora in the mix. His physical game will disrupt the opposition and Vargas and zarate are more inclined to take advantage of the space he makes.
- on defense pair Chief and caulker.
Work the triangle on 09:21 - Feb 8 with 1810 viewsTheBlob

I would put isla further forward and slot a man behind him,bring in Rio to sweep behind a back three.
Green
Ferdinand
Chief Caulker Yun
Isla Barton Fer Adel

Vargas Zarate.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Work the triangle on 09:42 - Feb 8 with 1743 viewsLoft1979

Work the triangle on 09:21 - Feb 8 by TheBlob

I would put isla further forward and slot a man behind him,bring in Rio to sweep behind a back three.
Green
Ferdinand
Chief Caulker Yun
Isla Barton Fer Adel

Vargas Zarate.

Again , great comment. Press said Isla was a defensive midfielder and less a classic RB. Why not try him there in Sandro's absence? He is faster, passes better and can carry a ball better than Barton or Henry.

bUT-would. Never have Ferdinand behind the defense. If he plays it is a 5 man defense. 6 with Sandro.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2015 9:45]
Work the triangle on 09:44 - Feb 8 with 1738 viewseghamranger

They will have some work to do on the training ground tmr. Will have to start playing the ball on the floor and the left/right back getting forward. Then get it to Adel, Zarate or Vargas.

Every time yesterday Green would hoof it up and we never won it once, every time their centre backs won it. Phillips is useless at jumping .

Was really impressed with Zarate.looked lively and wanted to make things happen,
Work the triangle on 09:50 - Feb 8 with 1706 viewsQPunkR

I like the team in the OP, but swap Henry for Barton, or in fact either of the other two. That midfield 3 will need to be tight defensively, and you can't leave our best (or most on-form, for those that still dislike him) DM out.

QPR - "shit but local"

Work the triangle on 10:22 - Feb 8 with 1618 viewsyankranger

Agree with OP. Was thinking if like to see those three working together at the match yesterday.

I'm resigned to going down. I just want a bit of entertaining football for the rest of the year.

And lets drop Barton and his constant attempts at the Hollywood ball across the pitch. Awful.
Login to get fewer ads

Work the triangle on 11:29 - Feb 8 with 1451 viewsHollowayRanger

GREEN

ISLA - CAULKER - HILL - YUN

BARTON- SANDRO - FER

ADEL - ZARATE

VARGAS

PLUS ZAMORA MAYBE STARTS AWAY GAMES FOR VARGAS

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Work the triangle on 11:56 - Feb 8 with 1399 viewsJuzzie

A long time ago i went on a first aid course and one of the first things they tell you is the best way to diagnose somones problem is simply to ask them (if they are conscious of course).

I wonder if coaches says to players "what are you good at, where do you feel comfortable playing, what are your strengths and weaknesses..." and so on.

Try and find out from what they say as well as watching what they do then try and form a team based on that. Surely having 4 or 5 players out of position is not going to have a coherent set up.
Work the triangle on 12:12 - Feb 8 with 1369 viewsmerseyhoop

As mentioned by egham ranger re. Green hoofing the ball - winds me up this tactic and seen this used the most away at Burnley, hoof ball to Fer outwide and fight for any loose balls from Fer winning the header against George Boyd. Hate to say it but Rio might be playing an important part in our remaining games - Doh!
Work the triangle on 12:20 - Feb 8 with 1352 viewsJamie

Taarabt isn't fit enough for anything more than 30 minute cameos at the moment.

Until the club have gotten him some 90 minute EDS run outs, there's no way he should be starting.

60 minutes of Zarate and 30 of Taarabt.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2015 12:20]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024