Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month 20:05 - Feb 16 with 18081 viewsDarran

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2955853/Swansea-receive-invest
[Post edited 16 Feb 2015 20:06]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 21:50 - Feb 17 with 1971 viewsPozuelosSideys

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 21:42 - Feb 17 by Neath_Jack

What is this investment that you talk of? Genuine question.

That post (latchford's, not yours) is the sort of mindset to worry about. Waves a few tenners in front of somebodys face and they will believe all is well without actuallly questioning the motives behind it or the changes it will have.

Its the exact same mindset our vermin cousins have down the road.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 21:56 - Feb 17 with 1951 viewslonglostjack

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 21:39 - Feb 17 by latchford

I remember our first game at the Liberty. I wondered how we would ever compete in league one. We've progressed steadily since and are now at a level nobody could ever have dreamed of.

We now need not to think we shouldn't be here. We need to kick on and investment is the only way. If it doesn't work well fine but we've got to have a crack or the club will always regret it. We are on the premier boat. Cardiff have missed it. Let's make the gap between us and the champ as wide as possible. I think the longer we stay the less chance there is of ever dropping out. We could become the country's club. Just like Sam imagined! But the other way round

Here we go again - "investment" What bloody "investment"?. They are just buying shares from existing shareholders FFS. Any investment will be in the form of loans which we may as well get from the bank as has been pointed out on here countless times. I honestly thought that given our history we were more clued up than that lot up the road. I still cling to the hope that those directors who have done so much for the club don't really intend to sell it down the swanny and have come up with a sustainable masterplan. If not and it's a question of money being more important than the good of the community I really do hope that the Trust (and that's us) don't give them the satisfaction of easing their consciences.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 22:15 - Feb 17 with 1883 viewsdgt73

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 21:56 - Feb 17 by longlostjack

Here we go again - "investment" What bloody "investment"?. They are just buying shares from existing shareholders FFS. Any investment will be in the form of loans which we may as well get from the bank as has been pointed out on here countless times. I honestly thought that given our history we were more clued up than that lot up the road. I still cling to the hope that those directors who have done so much for the club don't really intend to sell it down the swanny and have come up with a sustainable masterplan. If not and it's a question of money being more important than the good of the community I really do hope that the Trust (and that's us) don't give them the satisfaction of easing their consciences.

The ambiguity will continue until everything has been concluded. My glass is half full.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 22:21 - Feb 17 with 1859 viewsItchySphincter

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 21:56 - Feb 17 by longlostjack

Thing is, whichever directors want out will have to sell to someone. The trust can't pay them out and whether any of their fellow directors have the funds or desire to purchase their shares is not known.

If anyone wants out a sale will happen eventually, it's inevitable. Personally I'd prefer the building merchant and the wall paper salesman over speculative international 'investors' but if either of those two wanted out we are powerless to stop them.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 22:22 - Feb 17 with 1855 viewsmorningstar

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 22:15 - Feb 17 by dgt73

The ambiguity will continue until everything has been concluded. My glass is half full.

Technically that also means your glass is half empty. A bit like your head! Or am i being too kind?

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 22:34 - Feb 17 with 1831 viewsStarsky

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 22:15 - Feb 17 by dgt73

Answer me this ...

What if it doesn't work out? It's too late to do anything about it then.

Do you really want to take that risk?

It's just the internet, init.

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 23:29 - Feb 17 with 1786 viewsjackonicko

The ambiguity will certainly continue until there is at least an offer on the table.

Despite the sudden rush of postings on here today, nothing in that regard has changed. In fact, nothing has changed at all.
John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 23:55 - Feb 17 with 1763 viewssixpenses

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 21:26 - Feb 17 by perchrockjack

I live in the North west ffs.

We Ve got a loyal fan base but city ...compared to now...were..won nowt, going nowhere, shite ground . It had the history and Roy Paul won cup with them but massively in United shadow

I know you live in the North West that is why I said whisper it quietly.

Once upon a time Manchester had a 1st and 2nd division football team and United was not 1st division nor the main club of the people of Manchester

I know a lot of fans miss Maine Road and all the struggles - although the Etihad is near their historic base.
Login to get fewer ads

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 00:36 - Feb 18 with 1737 viewsJackFish

"Sorry for being a stick in the mud here but IMO the moment we conform to the rest is the moment we start to suffer, we got success by being different not by following the football sheep. Our model was always about the need to do things different, our style of play,buying rough diamonds,picking yound hungry managers that knew how to get good cheap players, we hardly follow anything that our club preached as the bible just a year or so ago"

Abso-fvcking-lutely.
John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 00:46 - Feb 18 with 1728 viewsBloodyhills

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 21:38 - Feb 16 by dgt73

Welcome...................our American friends......

The word sycophant springs to mind.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 00:51 - Feb 18 with 1716 viewsBloodyhills

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 22:55 - Feb 16 by Nookiejack

The attached article doesn't appear to give them a stellar reputation.

http://www.sandiegoreader.com/weblogs/news-ticker/2013/jul/03/john-moores-gettin

Be interested to know what the Trust's due diligence actually says about them.

You'd think these yanks would not pass a due diligence test and any directors willing to sell out to these shysters really are selling the club down the river.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 00:54 - Feb 18 with 1715 viewslondonlisa2001

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 21:00 - Feb 17 by dgt73

So there's nothing stopping the board paying themselves a £28 million dividend next season if the club made let's say £30 million profit. I know they wouldn't do that, but reinforces my point that if money was the boards motivation in this investment/share sale, there would be more than one way to skin a cat.

It's done on a cumulative basis - it's the retained profit (so all the profits over the years less all the losses). That figure would need to be higher than the dividend declared otherwise it is illegal. Dividends that have been paid previously also reduce the retained profit balance.
John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 02:06 - Feb 18 with 1696 viewsBloodyhills

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 14:54 - Feb 17 by ApeShit

Interesting article on John Jay Moores...

http://sidespin.kinja.com/the-padres-suck-heres-why-472930403

Doesn't inspire confidence in our would be new share holders.

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 02:10 - Feb 18 with 1694 viewsBloodyhills

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 16:29 - Feb 17 by tomdickharry

Wonder if Man City fans care two hoots about the past of their club when they see the PL trophy sitting in the trophy room,the loyalty of fans to a club is overstated if we were relegated we would be down to 15000 gates in the blink of an eye.As I have stated on many occasions if the correct fiscal controls are in place any new investment will be a very good agenda for our club,if it does not happen we will stagnate.Talking of our club as a model what about a far bigger club than our Chelsea,weren't they sold for a £1 and what has investment done for them.
Talk about the graveyard of ambition-
Swansea City Council meeting all those years ago-
Motion put is to remove the Mumbles Railway too scrap,all in favour,thank you.

You miss the point. These yanks are not billionaires who want a play thing but adventure capitalists who want there pound of flesh and who in their past business dealings have left a fleeced carcass. Just look up San Diego Padres of follow a couple of the links posted in this thread. They are not fit people to own our club.

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 03:15 - Feb 18 with 1680 viewsdameedna

adventure capitalists sums it up
John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 03:47 - Feb 18 with 1675 viewsJack123

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 02:06 - Feb 18 by Bloodyhills

Doesn't inspire confidence in our would be new share holders.

Jeez.. scary stuff, quick, tell huw to watch the wolf of wall street, or house of cards, give him a clue what these yanks are capable of.

libera nos a malo

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 10:11 - Feb 18 with 1614 viewsperchrockjack

sispenses.

No citeh would go back.

Its 2015 and shyteholes like MAINE rD are a relic.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 10:14 - Feb 18 with 1610 viewsBloodyhills

It's amazing that people just can't see that this deal is just selling shares and the only people to benefit will be the share sellers and the club will not get a penny. Oh well.

I guess you can fool some people all of the time.

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 10:18 - Feb 18 with 1602 viewsperchrockjack

On the other hand, if the shares are sold and there s no difference then there s no need to worry.

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 10:37 - Feb 18 with 1592 viewsBloodyhills

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 10:18 - Feb 18 by perchrockjack

On the other hand, if the shares are sold and there s no difference then there s no need to worry.

But who are we selling to and what is their history?

They don't have a good history and I don't trust them with the club.

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 11:13 - Feb 18 with 1565 viewsApeShit

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 10:18 - Feb 18 by perchrockjack

And no need to sell.
John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 14:51 - Feb 18 with 1497 viewsStarsky

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 11:13 - Feb 18 by ApeShit

And no need to sell.

Especially with the new Sky deal

It's just the internet, init.

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 15:37 - Feb 18 with 1462 viewsperchrockjack

fair comment and I have doubts myself friends but its wrong to dismissit out of hand.
Alsonobody can give me an alterative.

Standing stil/status quo is not an option

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 16:27 - Feb 18 with 1430 viewsMattG

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 15:37 - Feb 18 by perchrockjack

fair comment and I have doubts myself friends but its wrong to dismissit out of hand.
Alsonobody can give me an alterative.

Standing stil/status quo is not an option

Why not?
John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 17:22 - Feb 18 with 1397 viewsdobjack2

People are concerned because:

They remember Tony Petty;

They have seen and laughed at the antics down the M4 and don't want that here;

They have read articles that are not very complementary about potential investors.

If the shareholders sell there is little they can do about it.

They have to rely on the existing shareholders and any new shareholders agreeing to put things in place to prevent a future asset stripping of the club.

They have to rely on new investors not being able to get a controlling interest through further share sales.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024