Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month 20:05 - Feb 16 with 18072 viewsDarran

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2955853/Swansea-receive-invest
[Post edited 16 Feb 2015 20:06]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 16:32 - Feb 17 with 1590 viewsmonmouth

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 16:29 - Feb 17 by tomdickharry

Wonder if Man City fans care two hoots about the past of their club when they see the PL trophy sitting in the trophy room,the loyalty of fans to a club is overstated if we were relegated we would be down to 15000 gates in the blink of an eye.As I have stated on many occasions if the correct fiscal controls are in place any new investment will be a very good agenda for our club,if it does not happen we will stagnate.Talking of our club as a model what about a far bigger club than our Chelsea,weren't they sold for a £1 and what has investment done for them.
Talk about the graveyard of ambition-
Swansea City Council meeting all those years ago-
Motion put is to remove the Mumbles Railway too scrap,all in favour,thank you.

You're comparing this with Chelsea and Man City?? Now that really does deserve a massive LOL.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 16:39 - Feb 17 with 1580 viewsperchrockjack

No ,he s pointingout that sentimentality is a killer and that Swansea has a clear history of not articulaTing its potential, not being positive,not having any vision and having little unity as a council.

Swansea ,IMO , has had possibly one of the worse run councils anywhere in the UK.

City in the 80s almost went bust along with us and the Sheiks who taken them over have put them on another planet. And , can guarantee none would want to go back to the Peter Swailes days and certainly not to Maine Rd.

Same with Chelsea, a nothing club prior to the Russian mafia boy but they aint complaining.

IMO, we re too modest, too insular, too parochial and we need to front up and quit this small time small town attitude

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 16:43 - Feb 17 with 1571 viewstomdickharry

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 16:39 - Feb 17 by perchrockjack

No ,he s pointingout that sentimentality is a killer and that Swansea has a clear history of not articulaTing its potential, not being positive,not having any vision and having little unity as a council.

Swansea ,IMO , has had possibly one of the worse run councils anywhere in the UK.

City in the 80s almost went bust along with us and the Sheiks who taken them over have put them on another planet. And , can guarantee none would want to go back to the Peter Swailes days and certainly not to Maine Rd.

Same with Chelsea, a nothing club prior to the Russian mafia boy but they aint complaining.

IMO, we re too modest, too insular, too parochial and we need to front up and quit this small time small town attitude

A start has already been made with the Tidal Lagoon project worth billions, also to those who haven't noticed Sir Terry Matthews is now Chairman Of Swansea Bay Development, this is what one can do with a degree of forward thinking.
John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 16:52 - Feb 17 with 1551 viewsperchrockjack

A start is always good.Have they actually "started the project.

The City is 30 years behind many and it has much to do.

I wont live to see it but I pray,honestly, that my people , children of Swansea will benefit.

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 16:56 - Feb 17 with 1548 viewsjack247

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 16:39 - Feb 17 by perchrockjack

Are you seriously expecting these investors to turn us into the next superclub? For every Chelsea there are 10 Portsmouths.
John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 17:00 - Feb 17 with 1524 viewslondonlisa2001

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 16:43 - Feb 17 by tomdickharry

A start has already been made with the Tidal Lagoon project worth billions, also to those who haven't noticed Sir Terry Matthews is now Chairman Of Swansea Bay Development, this is what one can do with a degree of forward thinking.

I'm sure that we all know that,what price Sir Terry will soon be the new owner of a shiny county hall eh?

But that's not the point. Let me summarise:-

(1) At the moment, there is no mechanism for an 'owner' to put in money that will ever see us compete at the top table due to FFP
(2) What happened at Man City cannot happen here. Firstly because it is now banned (by FFP) and secondly because these guys simply do not have that sort of wealth. Look at what has happened at Man Utd in terms of money into the team - they are as likely as not to miss out on Champions League this year
(3) The whole point of fan ownership is an ideological one - we have seen the members of the board that are now falling over themselves to sell up say it over and over gain for the past 10 years. They even made a little film about it.
(4) There is no sense whatsoever that the board have fully explored other options available - hiring people in to lead commercial improvements for example, or using bank debt.
(5) The track record of these particular people doesn't fill a lot of us with joy
(6) We may have more faith if the board stopped using nonsense words like investment to describe them becoming wealthy.

By the way - it really is irritating when people use the 'graveyard of ambition' quote wrongly. The way that you have used it is not what was meant by it.
John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 17:12 - Feb 17 with 1495 viewsperchrockjack

N jack and with respect, Ive not remotely suggested that.

Point is /was both City and Chelsea were virtual nonentities before money came in and it hasn't exactly been a failure.

I will say Swansea and the whole area west of Bridgend to Aberystwyth has a potential that is simply huge.

With Cardiff s demise

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 17:33 - Feb 17 with 1467 viewsScoobyWho

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 13:48 - Feb 17 by dgt73

lol. I said I'd make a £100 donation to a charity if I was wrong and then parlay brought up an edited post which proved nothing at all. I was right, he was clutching at straws after being made to look a tw@t.

Ah, I see, he made out you were a convicted felon ..... !

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Login to get fewer ads

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 18:04 - Feb 17 with 1414 viewsApeShit

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 17:12 - Feb 17 by perchrockjack

Point is /was both City and Chelsea were virtual nonentities before money came in and it hasn't exactly been a failure.

I will say Swansea and the whole area west of Bridgend to Aberystwyth has a potential that is simply huge.

With Cardiff s demise

Chelsea were playing Champions League football.

Not even sure why people are bringing Man City & Chelsea in to this, it is NOTHING like our situation.
John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 18:36 - Feb 17 with 1384 viewsdgt73

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 16:32 - Feb 17 by monmouth

You're comparing this with Chelsea and Man City?? Now that really does deserve a massive LOL.

No I don't think anyone is comparing us to Chelsea and Man city...but without investment, both those clubs would be nowhere near where they are now.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 18:42 - Feb 17 with 1366 viewsdgt73

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 16:29 - Feb 17 by tomdickharry

Wonder if Man City fans care two hoots about the past of their club when they see the PL trophy sitting in the trophy room,the loyalty of fans to a club is overstated if we were relegated we would be down to 15000 gates in the blink of an eye.As I have stated on many occasions if the correct fiscal controls are in place any new investment will be a very good agenda for our club,if it does not happen we will stagnate.Talking of our club as a model what about a far bigger club than our Chelsea,weren't they sold for a £1 and what has investment done for them.
Talk about the graveyard of ambition-
Swansea City Council meeting all those years ago-
Motion put is to remove the Mumbles Railway too scrap,all in favour,thank you.

Yes I agree with what you say. The issue is now ideology driven IMO and no matter what happens from here on in the battle lines have been drawn, with the board members who sell, seen as the bad guys.....regardless if these Americans or whoever are very successful for the club.

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 18:44 - Feb 17 with 1363 viewsBrynmill_Jack

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 13:10 - Feb 17 by ScoobyWho

He accused you of theft from local charities and a hospice.
Are you denying it ? If so you should fight your corner.

Never! I didn't know that!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 18:55 - Feb 17 with 1346 viewsBrynmill_Jack

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 16:21 - Feb 17 by johnlangy

Why is the alternative relegation ? We're doing perfecty well thank you at the moment without outside investment (I know it's not investment by the way so no need for anyone to point it out).

The same poster keeps slagging of others over their concerns over losing our style of play and states often that we're in the top 8 or top 10. More faces than the guildhall clock

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 19:11 - Feb 17 with 1325 viewshammy

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 14:20 - Feb 17 by londonlisa2001

there does not exist any longer any route whereby wealthy owners can take us or any other club to the top end of the PL. FFP prevents that from happening.

The only possible way of getting there any longer is organic growth of revenues. This can be achieved with a good (world class good) , marketing team, and off field investment in the academy and stadium size (which can be done with bank loans).

Yes I agree that FFP has screwed clubs that are going to play by the law of FIFA, but there are no doubt various funding routes, via so-called sponsorships that will assist in freeing up the main income (I.e., sky revenue) to spend purely on players fees / wages. As with any financial system there I'll be loopholes and it will just take a commercial hot shot to come up with some options. Granted it will be nigh on impossible to get anywhere near the likes of the super rich, but top 6 could be a target.

I am by no means condoning the sale to the current potential buyers but at some point the likes of HJ will definitely want to sell out. Just hope they look at selling to people that have a genuine interest in the club and have some imagination when it comes to financing the overall operation.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 19:13 - Feb 17 with 1320 viewsjack247

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 17:12 - Feb 17 by perchrockjack

With Cardiff s demise

Sorry Perch, I'm confused. Your explanation makes me think it is exactly what you were suggesting?

BTW Neither Chelsea or City were virtual non entities, they were big clubs with established fan bases, they just weren't top level. Pretty much like Spurs or Everton are at the moment and were at the time.

Geographically the area you mention is huge, population wise and at a complete guess, it's probably comparable with Bristol, just spread out.
John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 19:15 - Feb 17 with 1317 viewsazjack

Would it make a difference if a local consortium, rather than a foreign one, fronted 30m? They might be able to follow the same game plan as the Americans (who, perhaps, can see something, as yet uncovered, that would be mutually beneficial to the club, supporters and investors).
JMO
John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 19:18 - Feb 17 with 1306 viewslatchford

I would welcome the investment. We can't stand still. Of course the Americans want to make money. They will only do that if we are successful so it's a win win. Maybe the amateur way in which we are run presently will be replaced with a new professionalism.
John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 19:22 - Feb 17 with 1299 viewsPrivate_Partz

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 19:18 - Feb 17 by latchford

I would welcome the investment. We can't stand still. Of course the Americans want to make money. They will only do that if we are successful so it's a win win. Maybe the amateur way in which we are run presently will be replaced with a new professionalism.

You could be right but the amateur way we are being run at the moment could be remedied by appointing talented people to do the jobs and this would cause much less pain.
Having said that if I weres in their shoes...... Tens of thousands become millions then I think I would try and ensure the club was safe but ultimately go with the flow.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2015 19:38]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 19:33 - Feb 17 with 1271 viewsmax936

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 19:15 - Feb 17 by azjack

Would it make a difference if a local consortium, rather than a foreign one, fronted 30m? They might be able to follow the same game plan as the Americans (who, perhaps, can see something, as yet uncovered, that would be mutually beneficial to the club, supporters and investors).
JMO

Yes for me, they'd at least know the passion that exists these Americans know little or nothing about Wales let alone Swansea, the Premier League is a golden egg at the minute for how long who knows, they'll come with promises and will probably spend some cash on a few exciting players and things will be bouncing here, but it won't last and their interest will end and assets and petty cash will be stuffed into their back pockets and club sold to any clown.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 19:34 - Feb 17 with 1270 viewsdgt73

What a great post......

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 19:37 - Feb 17 with 1259 viewslondonlisa2001

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 19:34 - Feb 17 by dgt73

What a great post......

I can only assume you're joking.

I tell you what would be useful on this topic, is if everyone declared an interest before posting.

So for example, I could say long term Swansea supporter with no financial connection to the club and not posting on behalf of anyone with a financial connection to the club. Do not stand to make a single penny (and neither does anyone I am speaking on behalf of) from any sale or non sale.

You?
John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 19:40 - Feb 17 with 1251 viewsPozuelosSideys

Im still struggling to understand how the club have not been able to drum up more interest than the one party in Moores and his sidekick. There was the mention of the peeps from Monte Carlo, but somebody is not working hard enough to source buyers.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 19:44 - Feb 17 with 1238 viewsPrivate_Partz

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 19:40 - Feb 17 by PozuelosSideys

Im still struggling to understand how the club have not been able to drum up more interest than the one party in Moores and his sidekick. There was the mention of the peeps from Monte Carlo, but somebody is not working hard enough to source buyers.

And some would argue why we should drum up more interest? I am in that camp.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 19:49 - Feb 17 with 1232 viewsdgt73

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 19:37 - Feb 17 by londonlisa2001

I can only assume you're joking.

I tell you what would be useful on this topic, is if everyone declared an interest before posting.

So for example, I could say long term Swansea supporter with no financial connection to the club and not posting on behalf of anyone with a financial connection to the club. Do not stand to make a single penny (and neither does anyone I am speaking on behalf of) from any sale or non sale.

You?

I'm happy to clear that up for you Lisa and that is I'm not related to or know any board member. The only board member I've ever spoken to is JVZ.....and stand to make no financial gain from the club in any way. I'm just a humble fan who has been going to watch the Swans since the mid-80's and have had a season ticket for many years.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2015 19:54]

John Jay Moores and Charles Noell investment as early as next month on 19:49 - Feb 17 with 1231 viewsNeath_Jack

Money never made a man happy yet, nor will it. The more a man has, the more he wants. Instead of filling a vacuum, it makes one.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024