Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
They stand among us! 00:06 - Mar 17 with 10803 viewsAmpadu

It's was so sad to see and hear so many Liverpool fans sitting/standing among us tonight. I know many Swans fans have supported "bigger" teams aswell as Swansea but to openly talk about it like the conversation I overheard...." I'd rather liverpool have the points because they are pushing for the top four" For me, this is disgusting behaviour. You know who you are...
[Post edited 17 Mar 2015 0:20]

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt.

They stand among us! on 22:54 - Mar 18 with 2000 viewsandip01

They stand among us! on 20:41 - Mar 18 by perchrockjack

Its a simple question.

You re a Swansea kid, your dad takes you to see the Swans for the first time.

Why then in later years "support" a club 200 miles way.

I can understand more a London club but not a north west one

I'll answer that for you.

Because its entertainment. You choose what you want. Football is competing with video games, films, music, other sports and itself.

You used to only be able to go and see your local team as it was the only team you had access to. It was the only saturday entertainment you could probably have. I'm sure there are still people going to watch swansea from before the time highlights programmes were common place. If you didn't go through the turnstiles, you didn't see any football at all. You could read about saturdays game in mondays paper. This admittedly was some time ago and it takes a while for that culture of viewing to die out but its going to die out completely.

If a team is playing more exciting football with better players it is a massive draw to people who want to see elite sportsmen performing and that is absolutely fine. Especially with access to coverage becoming so easy. If you don't like the way a team is playing and you are not enjoying the experience then you are quite within your rights to up sticks and go and watch something that gives you what you want from the experience. If i get bored of a tv show i jump ship. why not football?

The majority of the modern football watching public don't ever see their team in the flesh so i'm sure they feel less of a bond, and in this shrinking world, location is playing less and less of a role in peoples choice of team.

And do you know what the best thing about it all is?

We will be getting more than our fair share of those far flung supporters soon enough if not already. We are an established premier league club on the ascendency.We play beautiful football. There will be fanbases all over the world of people who will never get to go and see a game at the liberty. But they'll buy a shirt, and we'll buy a striker that costs loads and is awesome. We will qualify for Europe soon enough and those supporters pumping money into the club will be the reason.

I welcome it. The plastic pound is worth the same as the diehard pound.
They stand among us! on 22:56 - Mar 18 with 1998 viewscentrestandjack

YES SEEN THOSE STATS. JUST THINK PEOPLE ASSUME EVERYBODY SEE US AS AS A RUGBY LOVING NATION . BUT WHERE ? AMERICA? AFRICA?ASIA MOST OF EUROPE?DONT THINK SO,
They stand among us! on 05:44 - Mar 19 with 1955 viewsjack247

They stand among us! on 22:46 - Mar 18 by max936

You obviously never went to a Swansea v Llanelli or a Neath v Llanelli game in the past then, I went to few back in the day and there was very little friendly banter in fact none at all, without going into any detail, I haven't been to a Osprey Scarlets game or a Cardiff v Llanelli/Scarlet game, but I'll bet my last dime that the same applies these days.

Nope, I haven't. I said further up id only ever been to about 10 rugby games. I did go to Ospreys v Scarlets the season before last (Duncan Jones record game) and it was very much a chummy chummy atmosphere. Nothing wrong with that at all, but not what most people would want for football.

I only went to St. Helens once and that was against Cross Keys or someone, I'd imagine the Swansea v Llanelli games were a tea party compared to a hypothetically unsegregated game against Cardiff.
They stand among us! on 08:45 - Mar 19 with 1908 viewsMrSwansea

They stand among us! on 07:42 - Mar 17 by Neath_Jack

Should have stuck the head on them.

Defo. That would be really cool and you would be a Legend ini.

Arseholes. The lot of you.
Poll: Who has received a pay rise in line with inflation within the last three years?

They stand among us! on 08:56 - Mar 19 with 1902 viewsjack247

They stand among us! on 05:44 - Mar 19 by jack247

Nope, I haven't. I said further up id only ever been to about 10 rugby games. I did go to Ospreys v Scarlets the season before last (Duncan Jones record game) and it was very much a chummy chummy atmosphere. Nothing wrong with that at all, but not what most people would want for football.

I only went to St. Helens once and that was against Cross Keys or someone, I'd imagine the Swansea v Llanelli games were a tea party compared to a hypothetically unsegregated game against Cardiff.

Actually this thread, like so many others, has gone wonky. It was meant to be about away fans celebrating in the home end. Not sure how it's ended up as a tit for tat with rugby!
They stand among us! on 09:22 - Mar 19 with 1893 viewsperchrockjack

TO THE BLOKE IN CAPITALS.

ENGLAND
FRANCE
ITALY
GERMANY
CROATIA
PORTUGAL
SPAIN
SLOVENIA

Oh and me lads just come back from New Zealand where their dissing the standards of the six nations

ok?

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

They stand among us! on 09:34 - Mar 19 with 1888 viewsNeath_Jack

They stand among us! on 08:45 - Mar 19 by MrSwansea

Defo. That would be really cool and you would be a Legend ini.

Whooooooosh. Bruv.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

They stand among us! on 11:31 - Mar 19 with 1852 viewsjacksfullaces

part of my pride in supporting the swans is they come from an area in which I grew up and have a strong affection for and identify with.

i always think that is a different perspective to many passionate football fans who support teams that have no connection (location wise) to themselves and their family.

wonder if a study has ever been done on the different nature of support in these terms?
Login to get fewer ads

They stand among us! on 13:37 - Mar 19 with 1822 viewsAmpadu

They stand among us! on 08:56 - Mar 19 by jack247

Actually this thread, like so many others, has gone wonky. It was meant to be about away fans celebrating in the home end. Not sure how it's ended up as a tit for tat with rugby!

I am the OP and agree that its gone a bit wonky.

My original point was there are too many Swans fans who also support other Premier league teams and are not afraid to show it. Personally I don't care who you support as long as when you pay to see Swansea, you support Swansea.

I guess this is similar for all of us, that most of our classmates grew up supporting Man Utd, Liverpool and Leeds and then supported Swansea as their "local" side, believing we would never amount to anything. But now we are in the big time, they have bought season tickets, they support us but when their team come to town, they want them to win over Swansea.

Maybe you who are reading this now are in that same situation? Just keep it to yourself on match days please and we'll all get along just fine.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt.

They stand among us! on 17:32 - Mar 19 with 1778 viewsDafyddHuw

They stand among us! on 07:36 - Mar 17 by SwaneeRiver

From when I first start going away, I would very often sit / stand with the home crowd. It would be great if we were like rugby and most other sports and could mix openly with opposing fans and enjoy the banter.
I have cousins who live on or near Merseyside, who support both Liverpool and Man City and they wouldn't hesitate getting me a ticket for the home section.
Likewise, I'd love to reciprocate if tickets were available.
Trouble is many football supporters seem to have the tribal mentality when it comes to other teams.
Personally, I love Swans and would not dream of following another club. However, there's no law insisting you have to follow your home town club

No law, no, just a gut instinct that you know what you're doing isn't bona-fide. Else you have no moral compass.
They stand among us! on 17:46 - Mar 19 with 1771 viewsScoobyWho

They stand among us! on 13:37 - Mar 19 by Ampadu

I am the OP and agree that its gone a bit wonky.

My original point was there are too many Swans fans who also support other Premier league teams and are not afraid to show it. Personally I don't care who you support as long as when you pay to see Swansea, you support Swansea.

I guess this is similar for all of us, that most of our classmates grew up supporting Man Utd, Liverpool and Leeds and then supported Swansea as their "local" side, believing we would never amount to anything. But now we are in the big time, they have bought season tickets, they support us but when their team come to town, they want them to win over Swansea.

Maybe you who are reading this now are in that same situation? Just keep it to yourself on match days please and we'll all get along just fine.

I don't Know any swans fans who support any other team other than the swans. Must be an age thing.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

They stand among us! on 20:16 - Mar 20 with 1702 viewsswancity

You obviously never went to a Swansea v Llanelli or a Neath v Llanelli game in the past then, I went to few back in the day and there was very little friendly banter in fact none at all, without going into any detail, I haven't been to a Osprey Scarlets game or a Cardiff v Llanelli/Scarlet game, but I'll bet my last dime that the same applies these days.

Cobblers

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

They stand among us! on 20:26 - Mar 20 with 1695 viewsScoobyWho

They stand among us! on 20:16 - Mar 20 by swancity

Cobblers

Northampton ?
[Post edited 20 Mar 2015 20:27]

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

They stand among us! on 00:08 - Mar 21 with 1660 viewsBrynmill_Jack

They stand among us! on 22:56 - Mar 18 by centrestandjack

YES SEEN THOSE STATS. JUST THINK PEOPLE ASSUME EVERYBODY SEE US AS AS A RUGBY LOVING NATION . BUT WHERE ? AMERICA? AFRICA?ASIA MOST OF EUROPE?DONT THINK SO,

Asia? Only time will tell.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

They stand among us! on 00:11 - Mar 21 with 1657 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Neath Swansea got a bit tense during the arrogant Waldron/Darran years

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024