Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Ticket Help 14:07 - Jun 24 with 2984 viewsTrom

I've held my season ticket for a long time now but as my eldest is now 5 yrs old I thought it was time to cement his allegiance to the Rs.

My tickets is in a gold area. From the club site I believe that the free U8 tickets are bronze and sliver only.

That leaves me with a choice of either stumping up for an U18 ticket or moving the rest of the family to bronze or silver (that would cause a lot of moaning and I don't fancy taking on the logistics).

Also it looks like the U18 tickets are £169 with loyalty or £209 without. The next issue is that the only seat next to us is a single seat held by a season ticket holder. That persons only been there for a year and the seat has changed hands each year, normally not being taken up by a season ticket holder apart from when we are in the premiership. So assuming that the season ticket holder does not renew I might be able to get it but I guess that will be outside the loyalty window and cost me the £209.

Is my understanding right on all of this?
Season Ticket Help on 14:10 - Jun 24 with 2966 viewsWokingR

Yes, you won't know if the seat has been renewed or become available until the end of the loyalty period.
Season Ticket Help on 14:11 - Jun 24 with 2959 viewsessextaxiboy

You will have to buy the closest one available to you now and hope to swap it for the one you want on June 1st
Season Ticket Help on 14:15 - Jun 24 with 2948 viewsWokingR

Season Ticket Help on 14:11 - Jun 24 by essextaxiboy

You will have to buy the closest one available to you now and hope to swap it for the one you want on June 1st

We had to do that last year.
The problem is you are doing it with no guarantee that what you want will be available.
It's ok doing that with adult tickets but it's a bit different with kids who you need sat with you.
Season Ticket Help on 15:49 - Jun 24 with 2849 viewsstowmarketrange

It might be worth paying a visit to the box office,assuming that you live reasonably close.Or if you can't get there,try the 0208 box office number and speak to someone from the club and tell them your predicament.
They might let you know whether its already gone or not.If its still available,at least you only have a few days to fret over it,and if its gone you can get in first to move seats.
The lower loft isn't bad if you get in the blocks next to Ellerslie road.
Season Ticket Help on 16:17 - Jun 24 with 2804 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Season Ticket Help on 14:15 - Jun 24 by WokingR

We had to do that last year.
The problem is you are doing it with no guarantee that what you want will be available.
It's ok doing that with adult tickets but it's a bit different with kids who you need sat with you.

Yes, that is true but he could always sit in that one himself. At least he will have control of the seats.
I found the box office very helpful when I moved last season. They would advise exactly as you suggested Woking. Buy one near and try and swap after deadline. At least he will get the early bird discount then.
Season Ticket Help on 16:41 - Jun 24 with 2763 viewscollegeranger

Wouldn't worry to much club are usually very helpful in getting seats together after the loyalty has finished. They get this issue a lot and if you do have to move nip and they will take you to what is free so you can see the view. I think there was a load of glory hunters who wont belittle themselves by buying a ST in the championship! So should have plenty of choice!
Season Ticket Help on 16:44 - Jun 24 with 2757 viewsdaveB

Might be worth just picking say 8 games to take the kid to next season and moving your seat for those ones rather than moving all season as the kid probably won't go every week anyway
Season Ticket Help on 23:14 - Jun 24 with 2579 viewsTrom

Thanks for all the advice.

One other point - can you up grade a junior ticket to an adult ticket when the kids can't come (i.e. night games etc).
Login to get fewer ads

Season Ticket Help on 23:28 - Jun 24 with 2564 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Season Ticket Help on 23:14 - Jun 24 by Trom

One other point - can you up grade a junior ticket to an adult ticket when the kids can't come (i.e. night games etc).

Yes you can but I think the difference is quite high.
Season Ticket Help on 23:28 - Jun 24 with 2564 viewseghamranger

Season Ticket Help on 23:14 - Jun 24 by Trom

Was last season a max of 5, bite the bullet, do the lower loft!
Season Ticket Help on 04:33 - Jun 25 with 2513 viewsstowmarketrange

Season Ticket Help on 23:28 - Jun 24 by CroydonCaptJack

Yes you can but I think the difference is quite high.

Especially high for a free U8 ticket to upgrade to an adult one.
Season Ticket Help on 07:36 - Jun 25 with 2443 viewsdaveB

i upgraded a few times last season from under 8 to adult and was just normal matchday price
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024