Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rochdale - positive comments on the town - Granada reports 08:01 - Aug 18 with 11899 viewsaleanddale

Great to watch Granada Reports last night and a positive 5 minutes on our town centre.

Really positive stuff. Well done the council for trying something new and reducing business rates for 2 years. 80% reduction year one to help businesses get established.

With this and the uncovering of the roch the oil tanker is turning a corner.

Should have a town centre worth visiting in 6-12 months time.
Rochdale - positive comments on the town - Granada reports on 16:12 - Aug 21 with 1754 viewsflyerdale

Rochdale - positive comments on the town - Granada reports on 14:49 - Aug 21 by watford_dale

The drop in value of offices is due to the way the Council has to value its operational assets. White elephant? oh yes, why build offices of that size and not have the staff to occupy the space. Makes the Olympic stadium look like a sound economic business decision. Plus it is not as though there are businesses queuing up to rent the building space either.

Other council highlights - £51m to save in 2 years, £3.6m deficit on business rates (the 80% reduction is a scheme that is also being introduced by Greenwich council and this is massively important going forward and very positive if you can find businesses to move there), £12m deficit in council tax, a council tax support scheme costing £16m (these schemes have been dropped by other councils) which could go towards the deficit and is completely bonkers by the way. Makes you wonder why the bigwigs at the council are on 6 figure salaries? After all why do they need a 6 figure salary when they are just allocating cost.

I think the Council's attitude is "cares not a jot" regarding the stadium considering they have far more important issues i.e. survival. I believe they only took a share, for no money, should there have been a dispute that requires settling between the RL and football club.

The views on the town will pretty much in 2 camps, which will be down to whether you are an exile or not and have seen the way that other council's are run, big hint - not like a 1960's labour housing association. The co-op is a great idea but will need major governance when money starts getting involved, otherwise best of luck with it.

The stadium deal is all but agreed with just the hornets board having to accept it. We were told this at the fans forum the other week. The council has if rumours are to be believed written off most of the debt on the stadium.
Rochdale - positive comments on the town - Granada reports on 18:19 - Aug 21 with 1664 viewsmingthemerciless

I'm getting tired of saying this but The Hornets Co-op held a shareholders meeting last Xmas . The meeting voted overwhelmingly in favour of the deal. The board is formed of members of the Hornets Co-op, they have no more say in this than me or any other member. Look somewhere else to apportion blame for the hold up.
Rochdale - positive comments on the town - Granada reports on 18:47 - Aug 21 with 1636 viewspioneer

I am left wondering why Hornets board have anything to do with this - they have no ownership interest and I seem to recall they already had a vote of their members some months ago approving the purchase of the ground by Dale.
Rochdale - positive comments on the town - Granada reports on 19:13 - Aug 21 with 1612 viewsjudd

Rochdale - positive comments on the town - Granada reports on 18:47 - Aug 21 by pioneer

I am left wondering why Hornets board have anything to do with this - they have no ownership interest and I seem to recall they already had a vote of their members some months ago approving the purchase of the ground by Dale.

The RF L are the other major shareholder. Perhaps the delay is down to them seeking acceptance by the Hornets board?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Rochdale - positive comments on the town - Granada reports on 19:22 - Aug 21 with 1605 views49thseason

At the fans forum, Chris Dunphy said that a deal was "in principle" in place with all parties which would normally indicate that a contract would be signed once all the due diligence has been completed. I guess the paperwork could take a few months if all three parties are using different lawyers.Let's hope it gets sorted out, finally, for Christmas.
Rochdale - positive comments on the town - Granada reports on 19:34 - Aug 21 with 1598 viewsflyerdale

Rochdale - positive comments on the town - Granada reports on 19:22 - Aug 21 by 49thseason

At the fans forum, Chris Dunphy said that a deal was "in principle" in place with all parties which would normally indicate that a contract would be signed once all the due diligence has been completed. I guess the paperwork could take a few months if all three parties are using different lawyers.Let's hope it gets sorted out, finally, for Christmas.

Yes he did and he also said its awaiting a decision from the hornets board on the deal.
Rochdale - positive comments on the town - Granada reports on 19:47 - Aug 21 with 1583 viewsjudd

Rochdale - positive comments on the town - Granada reports on 19:34 - Aug 21 by flyerdale

Yes he did and he also said its awaiting a decision from the hornets board on the deal.

Excally. Mutterings around the room of what the fooks it got to do with them as tenants not shareholders.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Rochdale - positive comments on the town - Granada reports on 08:21 - Aug 22 with 1488 viewsmingthemerciless

Mm, I don't get that at all. As I've said repeatedly Hornets members took that decision last Xmas. There's nothing for the Hornets board to decide.
Login to get fewer ads

Rochdale - positive comments on the town - Granada reports on 08:28 - Aug 22 with 1482 viewsmingthemerciless

The story I heard a month or so ago from a source that I'd class as only moderately reliable was that the Rugby League were holding out for the maximum return on the shares.
Rochdale - positive comments on the town - Granada reports on 11:49 - Aug 24 with 1288 viewsrochdaleriddler

Rochdale - positive comments on the town - Granada reports on 13:21 - Aug 21 by SuddenLad

I won't tell you because it is a confidential business agreement. The people who need to know, already know. You're not one of them.

i knew someone would come back with that old chestnut lols

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024