Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just got back 19:18 - Oct 10 with 4575 viewsSwissdale

Bitterly disappointed, but there were some positives - so let's start with them.

Mendez-Liang was our best player today, worked hard and really ran at the Sheff Utd defence. Alessandra also looked decent, and his goal was well deserved (though the keeper should probably have done better).

On to the negatives.

Switching off. To concede within three and one minute of equalising is unacceptable. Both were the result of completely switching off, the corner that lead to the third goal was only the result of a last ditch challenge as they ran through our entire team from kick off.

The defence. Something is clearly going wrong here. Cannon was scapegoated and taken off by Hilly, but his replacement Rafferty was even worse at RB, at fault for their second goal and guilty of giving the ball away far too many times in good attacking positions. After a good performance midweek Ashley Eastham was dropped again and must be wondering what he has to do to get back in the team ahead of a substandard Oli Lancashire.

Set pieces. Where do I start? It's becoming a joke how embarrassingly poor we are at defending them. I listened to Radio Sheffield on the way home, and Nigel Adkins almost word for word said "we know they defend zonal from corners, and we knew we could exploit it". If every other team in the league can see it's not working (and take advantage of it), surely the management can see this too.

Josh Lillis. I've refrained from openly criticising Josh, but today I think I've finally cracked. He looks like a rabbit in the headlights from every cross (possibly to do with the above), and is costing us goals.

Played well enough today to get at least a point, but avoidable errors again mean we came away with nothing.
Just got back on 19:41 - Oct 10 with 4472 viewsRosun

Totally agree Swissdale.

NML our man of the match by a long chalk. I'd love to know what the possession stats were, especially the first half. They seemed to click when Jaime came on but I understand he had a family bereavement earlier this week so understand why he started on the bench.

We need Hendo back Asap and then play Allesandra off him, similar to Matty Done / Hendo combo last season.

The right back situation needs sorting out and quickly. Raff is the natural for the slot but I don't know if Hilly is being obstropolous in trying to prove a point. FFS, play BBM at right back and put Raff as the defensive midfielder if that's what it takes. I hope Rhys is available soon so that normal service can be resumed
Just got back on 19:55 - Oct 10 with 4392 views442Dale

Just got back on 19:41 - Oct 10 by Rosun

Totally agree Swissdale.

NML our man of the match by a long chalk. I'd love to know what the possession stats were, especially the first half. They seemed to click when Jaime came on but I understand he had a family bereavement earlier this week so understand why he started on the bench.

We need Hendo back Asap and then play Allesandra off him, similar to Matty Done / Hendo combo last season.

The right back situation needs sorting out and quickly. Raff is the natural for the slot but I don't know if Hilly is being obstropolous in trying to prove a point. FFS, play BBM at right back and put Raff as the defensive midfielder if that's what it takes. I hope Rhys is available soon so that normal service can be resumed

Alessandra illustrated today he can play the central role or anywhere else across the front three. Better to play Henderson off him or wide as Henderson has been ineffective at centre forward this season; he's impacted games when moved into the furthest forward of the midfield three. Play him there and give Donal a rest, he'd be more effective as a sub at the moment. (also Done played further forward and more centrally than Henderson when they were in the team together, it was only when Done left that Henderson became the 'no.9')

Noticeable that we went 4-4-2 in the second half with Vincenti at centre forward with Alessandra and it caused them problems, something worth trying again.

Spot on about right back, all of a sudden it's become our Achilles heel. Though I do think it could be partly solved by picking the best right sided centre half...

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Just got back on 20:14 - Oct 10 with 4321 viewsTalkingSutty

Just got back on 19:41 - Oct 10 by Rosun

Totally agree Swissdale.

Jesus!!
Just got back on 20:23 - Oct 10 with 4268 viewsRosun

Just got back on 20:14 - Oct 10 by TalkingSutty

Jesus!!

H Christ?

NML not man of the match?
We need a striker?
Right back situation needs sorting out?

Please enlighten me.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2015 20:26]
Just got back on 20:32 - Oct 10 with 4224 viewsTalkingSutty

Just got back on 20:23 - Oct 10 by Rosun

H Christ?

NML not man of the match?
We need a striker?
Right back situation needs sorting out?

Please enlighten me.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2015 20:26]

Its worse than any of those!!
Just got back on 22:18 - Oct 10 with 3894 viewsstuartcryer

Was sat near mark lillis today and after Sheffield 3 rd goal his comment was why the fxxx do we keep zonal marking

wardle blue

Just got back on 22:21 - Oct 10 with 3885 viewsD_Alien

We've got an incredibly promising right back - Andy Cannon.

Needs to be taken out of the firing line for a couple of games and SUPPORTED in getting fully fit again - he was listed as carrying an injury during the week and been openly criticised for being mard. Which he isn't. He's more fearless in the tackle than Keith Hill the footballer ever was.

Then he can be recalled alongside a confident and calm centre back in Eastham. Panic over.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Just got back on 22:33 - Oct 10 with 3828 viewsroccydaleian

Just got back on 22:18 - Oct 10 by stuartcryer

Was sat near mark lillis today and after Sheffield 3 rd goal his comment was why the fxxx do we keep zonal marking

Fair comment tbf... It leaves Josh isolated...
Login to get fewer ads

Just got back on 22:37 - Oct 10 with 3807 viewsChaffRAFC

I don't think Andy Cannon was scapegoated at all. He was taken off because for the fourth game on the trot, he was being given the runaround, Reid tore him to pieces against Bradford and it was heading the same way today before Hill quite rightly took him off. The mistake was starting him. Had no idea about a bereavement for Allen but if he's fit to play then he should be starting and I'd much rather see Rafferty at right back at the moment. Rafferty didn't cope well to start with when he moved back to right back but I feel a lot more comfortable when he's there than Cannon.

The centre back situation looks like stubbornness from Hill. It probably isn't but everyone who watches us on a regular basis can see Lancashire is out of form and that Eastham would be a more popular choice. For me, Eastham has to start while Hill dips into the loan market for a better option.

Thought NML and Alessandra played really well today. NML was a constant thorn in their side and Alessandra has really taken his overdue chance very well. We looked a lot more balanced in the final third and but for some really poor defending, we'd have beaten the favourites for the league on their own deck today.

If you score twice away from home, you have the right to believe you should win the game.

Genuinely dreading the Bury and Oldham matches now. Said before the game that I couldn't see us picking up a single point from the next four games, I hope I'm very wrong,

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Just got back on 22:39 - Oct 10 with 3799 viewsChaffRAFC

And while I'm at it, there were no Bury bombers in the air, and the RAF from Rochdale (Obviously from our famous RAF Falinge Flats base) most certainly didn't shoot them down. Utterly ridiculous song.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Just got back on 22:43 - Oct 10 with 3781 viewsstuartcryer

Yes if josh,s dad comments on this obviously he knows his lad is not happy about it

wardle blue

Just got back on 22:52 - Oct 10 with 3744 viewsChaffRAFC

Just got back on 22:39 - Oct 10 by ChaffRAFC

And while I'm at it, there were no Bury bombers in the air, and the RAF from Rochdale (Obviously from our famous RAF Falinge Flats base) most certainly didn't shoot them down. Utterly ridiculous song.

And one last point, to all those who took it upon themselves to boo Matty Done, well done, hope it made you feel better. Embarrassing.

Just got back on 23:17 - Oct 10 with 3662 viewsPDIDDY

Just got back on 22:52 - Oct 10 by ChaffRAFC

And one last point, to all those who took it upon themselves to boo Matty Done, well done, hope it made you feel better. Embarrassing.

Daleys don't boo ex players , do they?

Gissa job

Just got back on 23:26 - Oct 10 with 3632 viewsD_Alien

Just got back on 22:37 - Oct 10 by ChaffRAFC

I don't think Andy Cannon was scapegoated at all. He was taken off because for the fourth game on the trot, he was being given the runaround, Reid tore him to pieces against Bradford and it was heading the same way today before Hill quite rightly took him off. The mistake was starting him. Had no idea about a bereavement for Allen but if he's fit to play then he should be starting and I'd much rather see Rafferty at right back at the moment. Rafferty didn't cope well to start with when he moved back to right back but I feel a lot more comfortable when he's there than Cannon.

The centre back situation looks like stubbornness from Hill. It probably isn't but everyone who watches us on a regular basis can see Lancashire is out of form and that Eastham would be a more popular choice. For me, Eastham has to start while Hill dips into the loan market for a better option.

Thought NML and Alessandra played really well today. NML was a constant thorn in their side and Alessandra has really taken his overdue chance very well. We looked a lot more balanced in the final third and but for some really poor defending, we'd have beaten the favourites for the league on their own deck today.

If you score twice away from home, you have the right to believe you should win the game.

Genuinely dreading the Bury and Oldham matches now. Said before the game that I couldn't see us picking up a single point from the next four games, I hope I'm very wrong,

Chaff, the comments about scapegoating are to do with the treatment of the lad, not taking him off if, as a young player, he's suffered a dip in form.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Just got back on 23:49 - Oct 10 with 3565 viewsbocadave

Totally agree,its even more moronic than the " get your fathers gun song".
Just got back on 00:14 - Oct 11 with 3508 viewsKenBoon

Agree. Embarrassing chant. Seriously the worst chant in Football made even dumber.

I thought the Done boos were tongue-in-cheek. I understand being pissed at the club for selling. But if any fan says they'd turn down such a pay rise to move to another company, then they're lying or stupid.
Just got back on 09:23 - Oct 11 with 3165 viewsNigeriamark

In the pub after the game, pretty much everything you mention came up. It was so disappointing to come away with nothing against a team who in the first half were rubbish yet went in 2-1 up having just 2 chances. Our defending is giving other teams confidence:-

Millwall - hadn't got a point at home all season. We give them a goal after 4 minutes through an error, get back into the game then concede within a minute. After that they kick on and win comfortably

Bradford: Take the lead but we equalise. Then 1 minute of calamity Jane defending and we are 2 behind - Again they kick on and win comfortably but up to the second goal they had not looked great

Sheff U - Get back in the game twice yet 3 minutes and then 1 minute after equalisers they score again and kick on and win - this was the most disappointing result of the games I have seen

Even the Shrews game after going 3-0 up we were fortunate to go in at half time 3-2 up and you could see their confidence grow too

In all these games we have played teams who have not been exactly tearing us apart at the start but have been given a boost by our defending and have finished the games comfortably. Bury will be my last match for a while and I haven't seen Eastham play yet as I missed the JPT match but hopefully I get to see him at Gigg Lane
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024