Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlie Austin.....£8Mill....... 22:11 - Nov 18 with 10492 viewsVetchfieldpasty

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/11998785/Charlie-Aus

Surely worth a punt rather than Gomis??
Charlie Austin.....£8Mill....... on 22:16 - Nov 18 with 6637 viewsmonmouth

One small flaw maybe. We already have Gomis and we don't have 8m. Plus we already opted for Eder at 5m. Can folk still not see we've laid our bets, for better or worse? Honestly?

Plus Austin looks more and more like another Danny Graham football wise and carries significant health risk

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Charlie Austin.....£8Mill....... on 22:23 - Nov 18 with 6581 viewsVetchfieldpasty

Charlie Austin.....£8Mill....... on 22:16 - Nov 18 by monmouth

One small flaw maybe. We already have Gomis and we don't have 8m. Plus we already opted for Eder at 5m. Can folk still not see we've laid our bets, for better or worse? Honestly?

Plus Austin looks more and more like another Danny Graham football wise and carries significant health risk

Take your point because there is no transfer value on Gomis......and Graham scored 18 goals in his first season in the Prem??? Honestly???
Charlie Austin.....£8Mill....... on 22:28 - Nov 18 with 6561 viewsmonmouth

Charlie Austin.....£8Mill....... on 22:23 - Nov 18 by Vetchfieldpasty

Take your point because there is no transfer value on Gomis......and Graham scored 18 goals in his first season in the Prem??? Honestly???

How many's Austin scored this season in the chumpionship? (I honestly have no idea). Graham had one good Prem season then disappeared. the fact no one's bothered with Austin indicates the entire prem believes the same about him and that he was way overpriced, which would not have been the case if anyone - anyone- thought he could repeat last year.

Charlie Austin.....£8Mill....... on 22:29 - Nov 18 with 6554 viewsVetchfieldpasty

Charlie Austin.....£8Mill....... on 22:28 - Nov 18 by monmouth

How many's Austin scored this season in the chumpionship? (I honestly have no idea). Graham had one good Prem season then disappeared. the fact no one's bothered with Austin indicates the entire prem believes the same about him and that he was way overpriced, which would not have been the case if anyone - anyone- thought he could repeat last year.

7 in 12 games in another poor QPR side.
Charlie Austin.....£8Mill....... on 22:36 - Nov 18 with 6513 viewsDr_Winston

Charlie Austin.....£8Mill....... on 22:29 - Nov 18 by Vetchfieldpasty

7 in 12 games in another poor QPR side.

In the Championship.

Austin's a decent player no doubt, but he's worth nowhere near the kind of prices QPR want for him. See also Rhodes, Jordan.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Charlie Austin.....£8Mill....... on 22:57 - Nov 18 with 6396 viewssully49

Charlie Austin.....£8Mill....... on 22:23 - Nov 18 by Vetchfieldpasty

We know Gomis can score goals but how much longer are we going to persevere with this drought? Is it simply that he's not getting enough quality ball from our midfield? Prior to our current hiatus I thought that him and Ayew looked promising as far as Eder is concerned I haven't seen so much of him to offer an opinion.
Although we desperately need our midfield to start scoring more goals especially given their collective pedigrees. Current international players who are scoring for their respective countries but at the Liberty very, very little.
At least Danny Graham did scored goals but IMO we don't need anyone else, what's required is for our highly paid stars to start earning that money.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2015 15:16]

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Charlie Austin.....£8Mill....... on 23:11 - Nov 18 with 6351 viewsGlyn1

I think Monmouth is right. What would this say to Eder if he is still not selected to begin a match? £5 million is too much to pay for a sub, if that's what Garry considers him to be. Is Garry's problem that he didn't want Eder here in the first place but has to work with whoever he's given?

Play Gomis on Saturday since he wasn't involved in friendlies, then give Eder a chance.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2015 23:13]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Charlie Austin.....£8Mill....... on 00:40 - Nov 19 with 6148 viewsLoyal

How do you know we haven't got 8 million ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Login to get fewer ads

Charlie Austin.....£8Mill....... on 01:49 - Nov 19 with 6086 viewsmichumagic9

Is that even a question? I would take Austin for 8 million any day! A proven goal scorer throughout the English divisions and scored 18 goals in the Premier League last season in a poor QPR side. It's a bit of a no brainer in my opinion, I don't know what a few of these fellas on here are thinking but Austin for 8 million is a bargain. A big upgrade from what we have at the moment, but I don't think Monk will go for him as he is happy with his strike options with Gomis and Eder and I don't think Jenkins will fork out the HUGE fee of 8 million anyway... Especially after the sale of Bony, we can't afford to fork out a MASSIVE 8 million, can we?? 😂
Charlie Austin.....£8Mill....... on 07:03 - Nov 19 with 5935 viewsjack247

If we haven't got £8m now, there is no way we should have spent £5m on Eder in the summer. If all we wanted was a back up for Gomis and we didn't have a lot of bucks, surely we should have just gone down the loan route again?
Charlie Austin.....£8Mill....... on 07:27 - Nov 19 with 5866 viewsjojaca

Charlie Austin.....£8Mill....... on 07:03 - Nov 19 by jack247

If we haven't got £8m now, there is no way we should have spent £5m on Eder in the summer. If all we wanted was a back up for Gomis and we didn't have a lot of bucks, surely we should have just gone down the loan route again?

Even if we got money, there is no way we would pay £8 million for a player with six months left on contract. Its just represents poor value for money and plus he has a dodgy knee.

Even when you know, you never know?

Charlie Austin.....£8Mill....... on 07:50 - Nov 19 with 5815 viewsAngelRangelQS

Charlie Austin.....£8Mill....... on 07:27 - Nov 19 by jojaca

Even if we got money, there is no way we would pay £8 million for a player with six months left on contract. Its just represents poor value for money and plus he has a dodgy knee.

Other clubs will pay £8m and he'll score goals for them.

Our side needs goals. If we don't improve in this area we will go down. Simple
Charlie Austin.....£8Mill....... on 07:56 - Nov 19 with 5808 viewsmonmouth

Charlie Austin.....£8Mill....... on 00:40 - Nov 19 by Loyal

How do you know we haven't got 8 million ?

Well, I read the trust statement...;)

Let me rephrase. I would be beyond astounded have 8m to spend on another striker (especially after spending 5m on a second one and god knows how much to 'compensate' Gomis for his presence.)

Anyway if Austin is as great as some think, there'll be a massive queue at 8m in front of us and the price will go up with all the fevered bidding. What? There isn't a massive queue? Amazing.

Charlie Austin.....£8Mill....... on 08:31 - Nov 19 with 5718 viewsraynor94

Charlie Austin.....£8Mill....... on 07:56 - Nov 19 by monmouth

Well, I read the trust statement...;)

Let me rephrase. I would be beyond astounded have 8m to spend on another striker (especially after spending 5m on a second one and god knows how much to 'compensate' Gomis for his presence.)

Anyway if Austin is as great as some think, there'll be a massive queue at 8m in front of us and the price will go up with all the fevered bidding. What? There isn't a massive queue? Amazing.

It's truly amazing nobody has snapped Austin up, they wanted 12 million in the summer now it's 8, and there are no takers, I wonder why....

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Charlie Austin.....£8Mill....... on 08:59 - Nov 19 with 5629 viewsPegojack

I can see both sides of this argument. I think we desperately need to drop Gomis, who has got progressively worse over the past five or six games and is dragging the team down, but I'm not sure Austin would be the right acquisition. We need to do something different up front, and I pray that Eder or Ayew can fill the striker role effectively, if we're not going to splash the cash.

All I hope is that Garry, who I think has a stubborn streak, doesn't persist with Gomis for much longer.
Charlie Austin.....£8Mill....... on 09:02 - Nov 19 with 5625 viewsmonmouth

Charlie Austin.....£8Mill....... on 08:59 - Nov 19 by Pegojack

I can see both sides of this argument. I think we desperately need to drop Gomis, who has got progressively worse over the past five or six games and is dragging the team down, but I'm not sure Austin would be the right acquisition. We need to do something different up front, and I pray that Eder or Ayew can fill the striker role effectively, if we're not going to splash the cash.

All I hope is that Garry, who I think has a stubborn streak, doesn't persist with Gomis for much longer.

He has to play on Saturday though? What with the anthem etc? Maybe even an excuse to try and rehabilitate Tabanou too?

Charlie Austin.....£8Mill....... on 09:14 - Nov 19 with 5588 viewsjack247

Charlie Austin.....£8Mill....... on 07:27 - Nov 19 by jojaca

We paid £5m for a player who doesn't seem to be any kind of viable challenge to Gomis.

Whether we should aim for Austin or not, we shouldn't have spent £5m on a back up if it has put us in a position whereby we don't have £8m to spend when we really need it.
Charlie Austin.....£8Mill....... on 09:22 - Nov 19 with 5562 viewsVetchfieldpasty

Charlie Austin.....£8Mill....... on 09:02 - Nov 19 by monmouth

He has to play on Saturday though? What with the anthem etc? Maybe even an excuse to try and rehabilitate Tabanou too?

Why does he have to play......been bloody dog shite for months, and if he really needs a National Anthem to get him up for it then we are bigger trouble and I thought with him.
Charlie Austin.....£8Mill....... on 09:24 - Nov 19 with 5558 viewsjackjackjackjack

According to the internet West Brom (with Berahino going), Aston Villa and Bournemouth are all interested in adding Austin to their squads in January.

So, to those who think we should be in for him as well, how much wages per week should we offer? And how many players will we have to sell to free up the 8m, plus wages?

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Charlie Austin.....£8Mill....... on 09:27 - Nov 19 with 5546 viewsmonmouth

Charlie Austin.....£8Mill....... on 09:22 - Nov 19 by Vetchfieldpasty

Why does he have to play......been bloody dog shite for months, and if he really needs a National Anthem to get him up for it then we are bigger trouble and I thought with him.

My bet is 100% he will start.

Charlie Austin.....£8Mill....... on 09:35 - Nov 19 with 5527 viewsjack247

Charlie Austin.....£8Mill....... on 09:27 - Nov 19 by monmouth

My bet is 100% he will start.

Mine too. He has been bad enough for the last two months to suggest Garry will start him no matter what.
Charlie Austin.....£8Mill....... on 10:19 - Nov 19 with 5397 viewsperchrockjack

So, we really havent a pot to piss in and we ve now simply got to manage like Arkwrights Corner shop.

It looks like we ve utterly wasted our money as Eder AND Franck seem not to be rated at all after a relatively short time at the club..

Don't look good

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Charlie Austin.....£8Mill....... on 10:25 - Nov 19 with 5378 viewsmerthyr_jack1

The recent trust statement stated that although everyone thinks we've now go a lot of money to spend on players that's not the case. So £8m is in fact still a lot of money to us. I doubt it's as simple as going out and buying another when we already have 2 .. Regardless of recent form.
Charlie Austin.....£8Mill....... on 10:39 - Nov 19 with 5337 viewstomdickharry

Charlie Austin.....£8Mill....... on 22:57 - Nov 18 by sully49

We know Gomis can score goals but how much longer are we going to persevere with this drought? Is it simply that he's not getting enough quality ball from our midfield? Prior to our current hiatus I thought that him and Ayew looked promising as far as Eder is concerned I haven't seen so much of him to offer an opinion.
Although we desperately need our midfield to start scoring more goals especially given their collective pedigrees. Current international players who are scoring for their respective countries but at the Liberty very, very little.
At least Danny Graham did scored goals but IMO we don't need anyone else, what's required is for our highly paid stars to start earning that money.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2015 15:16]

And that could be one of our problems that some of these so called stars aren't stars at all.
Charlie Austin.....£8Mill....... on 11:00 - Nov 19 with 5277 viewsxmastree

The fundamental problem is we went for 2 ' first team ' players in each position meaning we have an inflated squad to start with. If we had kept it to 18 and added a few of our under 21s we would have money available. Whos decision to do that is anybodys guess .

Having that many players is great when you have injuries and suspensions but basically we haven't had many injuries and no suspensions so now we have a some unhappy players. Normally injuries would have allowed the fringe a game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024