Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk out. 16:54 - Nov 21 with 13837 viewsChrisSCFC

Make the change before it's too late.
Monk out. on 20:00 - Nov 21 with 2888 viewsJackfath

Monk out. on 19:59 - Nov 21 by Darran

Been told he's been offered a job in China.

Is that the new eat as much as you want at the bottom of wind street?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Monk out. on 20:52 - Nov 21 with 2790 viewsairedale

John Lewis in Oxford Street.

Seriously though, If I was boss of a football club and sacked a manager with a compensation package, I'd make sure he didn't go to a rival club and make me look like a tea double yew hay tea..
Monk out. on 22:43 - Nov 21 with 2696 viewsDr_Winston

Monk out. on 19:59 - Nov 21 by Darran

Been told he's been offered a job in China.

Qatar.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/axed-liverpool-boss-brendan-rodgers-

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Monk out. on 22:45 - Nov 21 with 2691 viewsDarran

Monk out. on 22:43 - Nov 21 by Dr_Winston

Qatar.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/axed-liverpool-boss-brendan-rodgers-

Well the person that told me said Far East but knowing the thick tw*t it was probably the Middle East.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Monk out. on 22:58 - Nov 21 with 2645 viewsJack_Meoff

Monk out. on 20:00 - Nov 21 by Jackfath

Is that the new eat as much as you want at the bottom of wind street?

Needed a laugh after this afternoon, fair play!

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Monk out. on 23:07 - Nov 21 with 2605 viewsSenhin

Monk out. on 18:21 - Nov 21 by Beaker

Can someone enlighten me please . Why is Ayew played on the wing when clearly not a winger, totally wasted.
Why did Ki play for 90 mins when he was awful?
Why did Ash stay on when clearly not fit. I'm confused !!!

I know right.. why do Ronaldo, Messi, Hazard, Silva etc play on the wing when they like to come inside? It just doesn't work at all.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Monk out. on 23:21 - Nov 21 with 2553 viewsdonkonky

So Pep
gets the Brentford gig ..... Huw appoints a new (experienced) no2 ..Puts mr Monk in tricky position. Work alongside someone that he didn't have a say in appointing or leave for a new challenge. Interesting times ahead!
Monk out. on 23:39 - Nov 21 with 2528 viewsRuDeMan1970

Monk out. on 18:54 - Nov 21 by Tim_Harry

He seems to be convinced that Ayew can play some sort of hybrid centre forward/winger role. As if playing him in two positions equals two players for the price of one. Instead we've got a player who's a fantastic striker playing half of the game out of position.

Ayew's centre forward play is excellent. He plays well in the build up, holding it up well and keeping the move going. And we all know how good he is in front of goal. Unfortunately he has no qualities to his game that can convince me that he's any sort of winger. We're always lacking width and effectively attacking with a narrower pitch because of it. The centre of the field is congested and the man on the ball always has less options. We're such an easy team to defend against nowadays.

I've always been all for Monk. Everything you heard from players and staff over the years seemed to suggest that he was destined for management. Intelligent and well respected. Unfortunately his tactical acumen is pretty much non-existent.

I'll always see him as a club legend for the part he played in our rise up the divisions. Unfortunately he's not the right man to keep us where we are. We've still got a squad that's more than capable of a top half finish. We just need the right man to set them up properly.

Spot-on with this. I said previously that this for me is akin to Jackett's last days here. We have the players to (at least) keep us in this League...but not the right person managing them. Today was UTTER BILGE.

..."who will guard the guards..?"

Login to get fewer ads

Monk out. on 02:47 - Nov 22 with 2430 viewsJonTheJack

Monk out. on 18:22 - Nov 21 by A_Fans_Dad

So, it wasn't anything to do with the ball bouncing off of Ki straight to Stanislas and the fact there was no one marking King in the middle of the Penalty Area then?

That passage of play was unlucky, granted.

What followed was Bartley jogging back as if he was walking his dog. Any defender will throw themselves across to block any ball coming across goal. Old Kyle enjoys a waltz, though.

He's shit.
Monk out. on 04:46 - Nov 22 with 2404 viewsGh0st

Monk out. on 23:07 - Nov 21 by Senhin

I know right.. why do Ronaldo, Messi, Hazard, Silva etc play on the wing when they like to come inside? It just doesn't work at all.

Yea because Ayew is up there with them.

Monk out. on 05:17 - Nov 22 with 2400 viewsmichumagic9

Monk out. on 18:39 - Nov 21 by ChrisSCFC

Why Redknapp?

His a really good manager, I rate him really high. He attracts top players and he likes to dig into the French market which could suit us. He likes Swansea and was interested in some of our players before they joined, such as Ayew. He also likes the way we play and our British players and I think he will really suit us as an experienced manager who can bring in some quality players, something we need.
Monk out. on 07:39 - Nov 22 with 2357 viewsjack247

Monk out. on 05:17 - Nov 22 by michumagic9

His a really good manager, I rate him really high. He attracts top players and he likes to dig into the French market which could suit us. He likes Swansea and was interested in some of our players before they joined, such as Ayew. He also likes the way we play and our British players and I think he will really suit us as an experienced manager who can bring in some quality players, something we need.

He does play quality, attacking football, but he is the type of manager to want to throw millions of pounds at a problem, rather than working on it. Can't see us going for a chequebook manager if Garry does go.
Monk out. on 09:45 - Nov 22 with 2275 viewsSenhin

Monk out. on 04:46 - Nov 22 by Gh0st

Yea because Ayew is up there with them.

Obviously not, but its still the same concept. The only reason Ayew scores his goals is because he ghosts in from the wing whilst the central defenders are occupied with Gomis and Gylfi, and then the fullback either follows him in and lets Naughton be completely free on the wing or lets him go, resulting in him being unmarked in the box.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Monk out. on 10:05 - Nov 22 with 2235 viewsraynor94

Monk out. on 05:17 - Nov 22 by michumagic9

If that dinosaur came here, I think I'd bin my season, hasn't he wrecked enough clubs?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Monk out. on 10:08 - Nov 22 with 2220 viewsSwaneeRiver

Monk out. on 17:24 - Nov 21 by Nookiejack

Did we pass out from the back once today?

Just seemed to hoof it up to Eder hoping it would stick. Trouble was it didn't and kept losing possession time and time again.

Couldn't build any momentum.

I agree that Monk's time has run out.
However, we couldn't build from the back as in fairness to Bournemouth they chased down every ball that Fabianski tried to play out.
Monk out. on 10:13 - Nov 22 with 2209 viewsPhil_S

Monk out. on 02:47 - Nov 22 by JonTheJack

That passage of play was unlucky, granted.

What followed was Bartley jogging back as if he was walking his dog. Any defender will throw themselves across to block any ball coming across goal. Old Kyle enjoys a waltz, though.

He's shit.

Ki and Bartley were equally to blame. As well as Bartley jogging back, Ki was jogging up behind as well with no effort to get to the ball. Just as he did most of the afternoon and most of the last couple of months as well

Quite why he is in the side ahead of Jack Cork is a mystery
Monk out. on 11:12 - Nov 22 with 2138 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Monk out. on 07:39 - Nov 22 by jack247

He does play quality, attacking football, but he is the type of manager to want to throw millions of pounds at a problem, rather than working on it. Can't see us going for a chequebook manager if Garry does go.

Forget it. We couldn't afford his dog's financial demands let alone his

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Monk out. on 18:50 - Nov 22 with 2033 viewsdaijack15

Get real Monk is not going anywhere, He has the full backing from Huw and the Board and the players, I dont know what sort of team some think we have got on here but the reality is we are doing ok, Now if we only had 5 0r 6 points like villa and sunderland you would have something to moan about. Martinez went through the same thing last season and they weathered the storm of the Martinez out rubbish and now he is the best thing since sliced bread......Fans are far too quick for calling for the managers head not knowing anything at all about the hard work going on at the club. All monk has to do is keep us up this season and he will do that just fine and just like Martinez who has a far better class of players than us will improve the club.....one final thing dont expect us to be up there with the big boys because it wont happen. we don't have the money or the class of players we need to keep on spending to keep up....We are what we are a small club in a big pond doing very well to stay out of the bottom 3.......yes we can do better and we will but we will still be in and around where we are ATM......Its all about survival for teams like us......
Monk out. on 22:57 - Nov 22 with 1935 viewsSgorioFruit

Monk out. on 18:50 - Nov 22 by daijack15

Get real Monk is not going anywhere, He has the full backing from Huw and the Board and the players, I dont know what sort of team some think we have got on here but the reality is we are doing ok, Now if we only had 5 0r 6 points like villa and sunderland you would have something to moan about. Martinez went through the same thing last season and they weathered the storm of the Martinez out rubbish and now he is the best thing since sliced bread......Fans are far too quick for calling for the managers head not knowing anything at all about the hard work going on at the club. All monk has to do is keep us up this season and he will do that just fine and just like Martinez who has a far better class of players than us will improve the club.....one final thing dont expect us to be up there with the big boys because it wont happen. we don't have the money or the class of players we need to keep on spending to keep up....We are what we are a small club in a big pond doing very well to stay out of the bottom 3.......yes we can do better and we will but we will still be in and around where we are ATM......Its all about survival for teams like us......

Hence the magic 40 points

Top post though!!

Reality!!!

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Monk out. on 23:27 - Nov 22 with 1852 viewsSwanseajill

Monk out. on 18:50 - Nov 22 by daijack15

Now hang on a minute. This is all about choosing a new manager from fans who wouldn't know about negotiating a managers contract if it jumped up and bit them.Some of the names mentioned on this thread are just laughable. We are becoming a club that will only allow 2season managers to apply.
Great post by you, but much, much too sensible.
Monk out. on 23:36 - Nov 22 with 1825 viewsLoyal

Monk out. on 10:13 - Nov 22 by Phil_S

Ki and Bartley were equally to blame. As well as Bartley jogging back, Ki was jogging up behind as well with no effort to get to the ball. Just as he did most of the afternoon and most of the last couple of months as well

Quite why he is in the side ahead of Jack Cork is a mystery

Ki was fcking dreadful, not Eder dreadful but fcking dreadful all the same.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Monk out. on 00:06 - Nov 23 with 1772 viewsdaijack15

Look at the league table and you will see there is not much between 10th and us and one win and a draw and a few clubs above us losing would make the table look better.....fans are listening to much to the news papers and we know what they write is all about selling papers. The truth is the club is united in backing one of the brightest young managers in football today. Any true fan can see that we are no more than 5 points behind where we should be and things are not going to plan ATM.......But its not a crisis or anything to worry about yet not with the closeness of the table and we are averaging a point a game.......Just think we could have laudrup who was crap and could not run the club properly, If he had shown any interest and showed any passion instead of having players complaining to huw that he never turned up for training (again) or his arrogance towards everyone at the club. The idiot would not even turn up for meetings with huw and the board most of the time........thats why he was sacked and not because we were dropping like a stone and just 2 points off relegation.......Monk has proved to be a good manager inside and outside the club and his passion to succeed and his love for the club is second to none. .We will be fine i have no doubts at all about that and lets see how the club can work out how we can generate extra revenue we desperately need for next season and beyond.......We need monk on board for many seasons to come.....
Monk out. on 15:57 - Dec 5 with 1549 viewsChrisSCFC

Monk out. on 16:07 - Dec 5 with 1522 viewsattila_the_hun

Monk out. on 15:57 - Dec 5 by ChrisSCFC

this

"I'm Free"

Monk out. on 16:12 - Dec 5 with 1506 viewsperchrockjack

Daijack.
I'm not sure you re serious or not but if you ate conditioned to failure because we re going down ,son. It's about points. Not about monk. Not about you nor me now tell he you see encouraging signs or else take your pitiful dross elsewhere .

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024