Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Living costs in London help 09:47 - Dec 21 with 5957 viewsozranger

Folks, I'd like some assistance. My partner looks like being offered a position in London and wants to make sure she is offered enough in the package before accepting. Ignoring the cost for accommodation at the moment, what would be the estimated cost for living p.a. when renting for someone not wanting to spend extravagantly nor miserly. So, utilities generally and food. That would be for one person and then for two, that being if I was to move there as well later in the year. Many thanks to all who reply.
Living costs in London help on 21:45 - Dec 22 with 1138 viewsOakR

If you are working in Canary Warf I'd also suggest looking at the Overground (not the trains, the orange overground that was partly the east london line before).

I moved to SE London 10 years ago, and where I live (a place called Honor Oak that no-one has every heard of, near Forest Hill that everyone thinks is Forest Gate), the overground takes 10 minutes to Canada Water and it's then 1 stop to Canary Warf.

It's nowhere near as cheap as it was 10 years ago, but I expect will still be much cheaper than West and North London. It's pretty green around here too, but you can still get into town really quickly (10 mins to Canade Water, 10-15 to Bond Street, 20 minutes to Shoreditch), also trains to London Bridge.

Good luck, these areas are going up as it is so easy to get into the City now since the overground opened up, but lots of places down the line and SE London actually has some quite nice areas - honest!

You can also cycle in - takes me 25 minutes to cycle to Aldgate, Canary Warf is probably faster though I've never done it.

A cab back after a night out is also not as expensive as it you are staying further out...

Poll: Will we stay up?

Living costs in London help on 23:08 - Dec 22 with 1085 viewsShotKneesHoop

Living costs in London help on 20:08 - Dec 22 by FFC1

LFW I mean

Agreed - "Lost For Rords" doesn't have quite the same amount of gravitas about it.

And on how many Fanzine sites will you get the words "gravitas" or "doesn't" or "agreed" appearing?

Certainly not on Chelscum-GloryHunters.co .uk.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Living costs in London help on 01:01 - Dec 23 with 1056 viewsisawqpratwcity

Living costs in London help on 23:08 - Dec 22 by ShotKneesHoop

Agreed - "Lost For Rords" doesn't have quite the same amount of gravitas about it.

And on how many Fanzine sites will you get the words "gravitas" or "doesn't" or "agreed" appearing?

Certainly not on Chelscum-GloryHunters.co .uk.

Oi! Don't knock Chelscum-GloryHunters.co .uk. It's a social service/money-making scheme created by me to aid/exploit blue Samsung-shirted divs that wouldn't be tolerated anywhere else.

As for LFW, it is a sanctuary, a safe haven, created by an Oskar Schindler-type Clive under the very noses of LFW's rabid anti-immigrationists. Without it, refugees like Konk and FFC1 would have nowhere to turn. We look forward to honouring him at his funeral.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2015 1:32]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Living costs in London help on 11:24 - Dec 23 with 992 viewsClive_Anderson

Living costs in London help on 09:54 - Dec 21 by izlingtonhoop

Another one!
pray that Essex Taxi Boy, Clive Anderson and Holloway Ranger don't find out.

Eh? People from Australia who work are exactly the sort of people who should be encouraged to come.

Anyway ensure you take into account travel costs in London. A season ticket on the train can run into thousands.
Living costs in London help on 18:43 - Dec 23 with 897 viewsBenny_the_Ball

If your partner is working in Canary Wharf, Greenwich and Isle of Dogs are worth considering.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024